Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,479 members, 7,808,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? (27259 Views)

I Have No Personal Problem With Amaechi, He Was My Boss Says Gov. Wike / My Boss, Sheriff Will Destroy PDP — Shettima (Flash Back) / Tinubu And The Parable Of The ‘first Supper’-by Mohammed Adamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 11, 2015
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

The above is how my boss sees things right now, and I agree with him.

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

Now, what's your own take about what my boss said?

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

Cc: lalasticlala

233 Likes 23 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by nnachukz(m): 3:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
That your boss is his name FAYOSE or FFK? They reason alike and most times if not all times they make sense with their speeches. Well, I totally agree with your boss. We are suffering and smiling while everything is closed up.

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by delait: 3:29pm On Dec 11, 2015
Am in the same school of thought with your employer.

My humble opinion is that we should move on,no matter what happens.

If the leader does not encourage the followers to strive and push on in spite of all odds discouragement and lost of hope becomes the order of the day.
While we embark on recovery.

I went to my clients office yesterday to meet with the Human Resources Manager on an issue. When this Guy showed me about 66 files of workers that he prepared their sack letters, I wept.

He told me that the owners of the business (Lebanese)are closing down because of unfavourable business environment.

Lets pray things gets better

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by gists: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive

200 Likes 17 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
nnachukz: nooo, he is neither of those. On his behalf, thank for the compliment though.

I'm not a fan of President Buhari, but for the sake of my country, I pray the downward turn of events for the country doesn't continue like this, at least not for long.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 11, 2015
@OP - Pls be sincere and tell me your boss is not an Igbo man.

They will never see anything wrong with the administration of Ebele - The accursed & Clueless inspite of the can of worms being opened by the EFCC.

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ProfSamurai(m): 4:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Your boss is wise.

Obasanjo witch hunted Abacha's family - in doing this, he did not lose focus - but, he was still able to get debt relief, telecoms and the banking industry right. This turned out to be the biggest employer of labour after the government and the oil industry.

My opinion.
Buhari should take a cue from OBJ. If he's determined to witch hunt GEJ's regime - atleast do it the OBJ way or better not worse.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ProfSamurai(m): 4:06pm On Dec 11, 2015
Zoharariel:
@OP - Pls be sincere and tell me your boss is not an Igbo man. Most of them reason through their rectum (No offense).

They will never see anything wrong with the administration of Ebele - The accursed & Clueless inspite of the can of worms being opened by the EFCC.

Are you a business owner or an employee?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Dec 11, 2015
delait:
Am in the same school of thought with your employer.

My humble opinion is that we should move on,no matter what happens.

If the leader does not encourage the followers to strive and push on in spite of all odds discouragement and lost of hope becomes the order of the day.
While we embark on recovery.

I went to my clients office yesterday to meet with the Human Resources Manager on an issue. When this Guy showed me about 66 files of workers that he prepared their sack letters, I wept.

He told me that the owners of the business (Lebanese)are closing down because of unfavourable business environment.

Lets pray things gets better

It's so sad.

The other day too, an Aunt of mine was complaining of being stressed out, and I suggested she took a day or two off her leave days to rest. She didn't waste time in saying 'No, this is not the time for taking leave' shocked
The fear of losing jobs is real. When companies are not making as much, downsizing begins, and that's what's happening right now.

Someone was giving me an Economic 101 lecture the other day, and he was like it takes a period of about 6 months for the result of mass retrenchment to start showing. That right now, the I million or so Nigerians who have lost their jobs of recent would still be spending as much as they did while they had jobs, because of the savings which they have kept. But months from now, when their savings have run out, and they haven't found new jobs, they would begin to put their scale of preference in order, and cut down costs. When this happens, they would begin to consume less, and as a result, this would affect 'consumer' companies, because people are not buying as much. When people don't buy as much, company profit drops. When Company profits drop, more people are retrenched and investors would find nothing appealing in the country... and the ripple effect will continue.

I don't know... but at the end of the day, I pray for wisdom for those in government, because when they lack direction, the people suffer.

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 11, 2015
gists:
[b]I suggest you better look for another job elsewhere because if this is how your boss reason, you people may close shop sooner than you think.
[/b]Ministers appointed and doing their work and someone is saying Nigeria closing shop.
Oil vessels are on the high sea with extremely little buyers and add the fact that the oil price is down, yet you boss thinks getting stolen funds (in billions of dollars) to beef up the country's financial strength is a waste of energy.
Are the ministers not working? The other day Fashola gave a presentation just as the minister of finance is embarking on an ambitious revenue drive

grin grin grin
I found the bolded really funny.

Please get your facts right. Between 1960 - 1999, about $400Billion has been stolen from Nigeria. I don't know about 2000 - 2015, but I know its going to be a small fraction of that. Now, lets be realistic: supposing our President is able to recover a part of this at the end of the day (let's say $50Billion), how far will that take Nigeria, if by then, all investors have gone, and the economy has finally crumbled. How many years' budget will that take care of, since we now place the budget and drive the economy through recovered funds?

And I don't want to even talk about revenue drives, or presentations, or meetings, or committees, what I want to talk about is RESULTS. We've seen too much cheese dangling in the past, so much so that we are not moved till these 'drives' that churning out results.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 11, 2015
Zoharariel:
@OP - Pls be sincere and tell me your boss is not an Igbo man. Most of them reason through their rectum (No offense).

It's not about seeing anything wrong in Jonathan anymore, it's about the PRESENT administration making us see something right in them.

32 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 11, 2015
ProfSamurai:
Your boss is wise.

Obasanjo witch hunted Abacha's family - in doing this, he did not lose focus - but, he was still able to get debt relief, telecoms and the banking industry right. This turned out to be the biggest employer of labour after the government and the oil industry.

My opinion.
Buhari should take a cue from OBJ. If he's determined to witch hunt GEJ's regime - atleast do it the OBJ way or better not worse.

Thanks...on my boss' behalf.

I adopt all you've said.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 11, 2015
Zoharariel:

Goddamnit! Gaborone, did you answer my question? Is your boss an Igbo man or not?

I will not be drawn into tribal arguments. We mustn't see things through tribal lenses.

Please, lets look at things objectively, not based on tribal sentiments.

*TGIF*

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by RedCapChief(m): 11:00pm On Dec 11, 2015
I'm also not a fan of President Buhari, but he is our head and he can't afford to fail. I feel he is taking this loot recovery program to the extreme. This is something that should run in the background. His priorities should be the economy and security; nothing else matters. Already companies are downsizing and salaries are being slashed. The spending power of the average Nigerian is crashing to the pavement
Unfortunately, the governed are too illiterate or sentimental to see this. If you complain, you are branded a wailer
They are itching for big time convictions so that they gloat and cackle. Well, Buhari is going to deliver that angry

Gaborone, I am officially stealing this parable

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 12, 2015
True that @ RedCapChief.
Feel free to steal it o jare, after all, its not been copyrighted.....yet. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by achiphet(m): 4:41pm On Dec 12, 2015
Lets think like weve left the industrial age for once. The current hardship is 50% buharis fault and 50% the drop in oil prices fault. We live in a monoeconomic Nigeria and the sole source of our country's income just went down by more than 70%......that means a '70%' slash in our economy and living standards, take it or leave it. But friends we are in the information age where u must not depend on the economy of ur country to make money, though its hard to leverage this 'fact', we must look for how to make the cash abroad and bring ii in to help this economy until Nigeria secures an alternative source of income. Ive found a one and will be happy to shear it with anybody that cares to ask. Gods grace

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by klarrychenko94: 4:52pm On Dec 12, 2015
I see no reason why the FG should not probe and recover the looted money.
Fg should go on and recover the looted fund but must not divert every resources to this alone. All other sectors should get the same attention.

We need power, the economy is going down, security, transport and communication.

The looted fund is our common wealth and we must recover it By fire By thunder.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by ENEONWO(m): 5:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Your boss is the greatest fool to have ever walked the surface of the earth! By his warped argument, we should all keep developing the economy into some few pockets. We must focus all attention on developing the economy, after which some people would embezzle all the money and the next government would look the other way because your boss would accuse them of neglecting the economy at the expense of the war against corruption, so; they must also focus all attention on developing the same economy. So, we continue running in the cycles of develop-loot/embezzle-develop- loot/embezzle. Your Oga is advising that if you build a house and it is fails, you go back to build on the same place without first arresting the cause of the failure! Let me tell you that if this country must succeed, Buhari must ensure that a thorough and sustained war against corruption is done. That way, whatever progress we make will not be eroded by avaricious officers of the state, whose stock-in-trade is primitive acquisition of wealth at the expense of national development.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by NigLasPresident: 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Gaborone:

I will not be drawn into tribal arguments. We mustn't see things through tribal lenses.

Please, lets look at things objectively, not based on tribal sentiments.

*TGIF*

Great response... I respect you for the way you replied the guy for trying to bring tribalism into a general discussion that never mentioned names or real place in the original write up... From the guy's questioning I think he has a natural hatred for those igbo guys...

10 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by NigLasPresident: 5:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
ENEONWO:
Your boss is the greatest fool to have ever walked the surface of the earth! By his warped argument, we should all keep developing the economy into some few pockets. We must focus all attention on developing the economy, after which some people would embezzle all the money and the next government would look the other way because your boss would accuse them of neglecting the economy at the expense of the war against corruption, so; they must also focus all attention on developing the same economy. So, we continue running in the cycles of develop-loot/embezzle-develop- loot/embezzle. Your Oga is advising that if you build a house and it is fails, you go back to build on the same place without first arresting the cause of the failure! Let me tell you that if this country must succeed, Buhari must ensure that a thorough and sustained war against corruption is done. That way, whatever progress we make will not be eroded by avaricious officers of the state, whose stock-in-trade is primitive acquisition of wealth at the expense of national development.

please read in-between what you wrote again... Yes the government of the day is working... Putting up stringent measures and blocking all loopholes at this point should be a priority at this point.. That way future lootings would be stopped... But I see nothing wrong with what the boss has said and he is right... In Doing the right thing the president shouldn't sacrifice every other focus in the country... Anyways if in chasing the looters is only priority and only thing the news carry and only thing the citizens are focused on don't you realize it will only aid the others in the government to loot and cover up their tracks because focus is not on them but entire focus has been placed on the former government of the day... I support pmb moves but it should take more than that to move forward

16 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by osazeeblue01: 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2015
Nigerians are in wrong hands

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
NigLasPresident:

Great response... I respect you for the way you replied the guy for trying to bring tribalism into a general discussion that never mentioned names or real place in the original write up... From the guy's questioning I think he has a natural hatred for those igbo guys...

Thanks. Didn't want to entertain any tribal bigot.

And thanks for helping me respond to ENEONWO. He was obviously under the influence when he read it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by NigLasPresident: 6:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Gaborone:

Thanks. Didn't want to entertain any tribal bigot.

And thanks for helping me respond to ENEONWO. He was obviously under the influence when he read it.

you are welcome and to let you know... You write great.. You just know the right time to drop a point.. Keep it up

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by SamJed(m): 6:50pm On Dec 12, 2015
Zoharariel:

this is why some people like u will never get sense....GEJ's regime has gone and gone forever...instead of u to talk about solutions to the problems in Nigeria u will still be blaming someone that is going around collecting awards and recognitions...even buhari ruled nigeria and he was not awarded up to half of what GEJ has gotten...can u tell me that buhari was 100% clean during his PTF time U won't talk of obasanjo because he decamped to ur group....Anyway, people like u need spiritual brain cleansing b4 u will understand...

RECEIVE SENSE

21 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 12, 2015
NigLasPresident:

you are welcome and to let you know... You write great.. You just know the right time to drop a point.. Keep it up

Wow...now I'm humbled. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by EasternLeopard: 7:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
achiphet:
Lets think like weve left the industrial age for once. The current hardship is 50% buharis fault and 50% the drop in oil prices fault. We live in a monoeconomic Nigeria and the sole source of our country's income just went down by more than 70%......that means a '70%' slash in our economy and living standards, take it or leave it. But friends we are in the information age where u must not depend on the economy of ur country to make money, though its hard to leverage this 'fact', we must look for how to make the cash abroad and bring ii in to help this economy until Nigeria secures an alternative source of income. Ive found a one and will be happy to shear it with anybody that cares to ask. Gods grace

I care to know

Please tell me

Gaborone:

It's so sad.
The other day too, an Aunt of mine was complaining of being stressed out, and I suggested she took a day or two off her leave days to rest. She didn't waste time in saying 'No, this is not the time for taking leave' shocked
The fear of losing jobs is real. When companies are not making as much, downsizing begins, and that's what's happening right now.
Someone was giving me an Economic 101 lecture the other day, and he was like it takes a period of about 6 months for the result of mass retrenchment to start showing. That right now, the I million or so Nigerians who have lost their jobs of recent would still be spending as much as they did while they had jobs, because of the savings which they have kept. But months from now, when their savings have run out, and they haven't found new jobs, they would begin to put their scale of preference in order, and cut down costs. When this happens, they would begin to consume less, and as a result, this would affect 'consumer' companies, because people are not buying as much. When people don't buy as much, company profit drops. When Company profits drop, more people are retrenched and investors would find nothing appealing in the country... and the ripple effect will continue.
I don't know... but at the end of the day, I pray for wisdom for those in government, because when they lack direction, the people suffer.

But I believe this view the person presented to you on Economy is true

I even created a thread on FG removal of allowance and its implications on the volume of citizens spending saving business creation/expansion and investment

By May next year, Nigerians will understand better the disastrous decision Buhari took if he fails to retrace his steps.

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by mikolo80: 3:16am On Dec 13, 2015
Gaborone:
So, here we go...

Yesterday at the office, my boss walked up to us -his employees- and gave an impassioned talk about President Buhari's style of governance. He said, while he thought Buhari's attempt at recovering stolen funds were not out of place in itself, he was giving way too much attention to it. According to him, the President's lack of priority in this regard had become counter-productive and had started to prove detrimental to other areas that are in dire need his attention.

To drive home his point, he gave us a parable of an employer who kept N20,000 in his office somewhere, and on coming back to take it, he discovered that one of his Clerks had run off with it. After the discovery, the employer took the keys to the office, locked it up. He ran out with as much fury as he could muster, shouting to the hearing of all who would listen, "Who saw my boy?!!!", "Please, help me find him and get my money!!" All the while this employer was out looking for the stolen money, his shop remained under lock and key, no monies coming out, no monies going in. No customer, no profits in sight; he was making losses with every turn. Yet, ALL that mattered to him remained getting the thief of a boy, and recovering the stolen money.

My boss likened the employer in the above parable to President Buhari. He says our President has practically closed shop -Nigeria- and has decided to channel all his energy into getting stolen funds, forgetting that there is a bigger picture -an economy- that needs urgent attention; forgetting that the country might be going into a recession; forgetting that people are losing their jobs, forgetting that foreign investors are leaving, and more are 'plotting' to close shop and leave Nigeria; forgetting that an economy is not run by stolen funds which are recovered, but that if anything, they are to be regarded as "extras".

The above is how my boss sees things right now, and I agree with him.

I have to agree because, since coming into office, the activities of President Buhari's government has centered around just two things: 1. Foreign trips; and 2. Instigating the prosecution of looters of the past (who I must mention are not pro his government or pro-Apc). While the relevance of the above two can really not be downplayed, the fact remains that attention need to be given to the economy of Nigeria. As my boss said, no country has ever been run on recovered funds. Me thinks he needs to stay home a bit more, and pay attention to the alarms being raised by the World Bank and other bodies about Nigeria's economy. He need to share that attention he is giving the boy who stole the money.

Now, what's your own take about what my boss said?

#As an aside, he needs to stop talking so much about his predecessor -Jonathan. It's only a lazy man that blames his tools all the time.

Cc: lalasticlala
he has chosen ministers.what else do you want him to do again.made Fashola prime minister join. That your boss doesn't know how to delegate. I'm sure he goes to market to buy foodstuff in the house.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by Standing5(m): 7:50am On Dec 13, 2015
@Gaborone,
What the 'ficticious agbero' boss is saying is if he has a business and the OP decides to steal a huge chunk of what constitute his business capital and assets, he, the boss will simply carry on without raising much alarm or chasing him even in the face of an unfavourable market condition that crippling his current business operation. Pls use your sense, GEJ should defend himself and not one liar giving us fable.
Maybe we should invite PDP and Gej to come tell Buhari how to do it with oyel selling at $30+/barrel. Of course the economy was going to have a false feel of it bloosoming with the way GEJ shared monies. If i was a market trader selling clothes aso oke, aso ebi, food stuff, shoes, decoration, doing sovenirs, or service provider renting out halls, doing its decor, handling events, i will probably say Jonathan handled things better because corruption proceeds like those $250k(N50) he shared to kings b4 election trickled down to the market people i mentioned, but knowing what i know, i tell you Buhari is easily 5-6 times better.

12 Likes

Re: What Do You Think About My Boss' Parable? by OAFMods: 8:16am On Dec 13, 2015
[size=18pt]Opinions Are Like Assholes Everybody Has One N That Goes 2 You n Your Boss. [/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ambode Sacks Commissioners For Finance, Transport, Tourism / Meet Deji Ogunsakin, Kolapo Olusola Eleka's Running Mate / Osinbajo Growing Campaign: Tinubu Camp Fumes Over Buhari’s Silence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.