Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,956 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? - Religion (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? (38966 Views)

Can Christians Really Be Friends And Connect With Those Of Other Faiths? / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault / Is It Really Compulsory To Go To Church On Sundays?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 8:23pm On Nov 05, 2009
Krayola:

I think gay sex is nauseating as well, and that is an understatement. But it isn't my body.

I don't eat vegetables, I think they are disgusting tasteless animal food. I cringe when i see people stuff salad into their mouths. Do I think they are disgusting, yeah. . .is that enough to say there is something wrong with them? If the Bible asked us not to eat Jollof rice, these people will be throwing the same tantrums if anyone dared eat jollof rice. It is crazy how much power this stuff has on people.

Such a lame analogy, honestly this is not the type of person in my league in debating!!! *shakes head*

Why don't you say "I hate filthy places like Ajegunle. Do I think it is disgusting? Yeah. I cringe when I see people living there but is that enough to say something is wrong with them?"

And SEFAGO would be coming here ranting about how US universities teach critical thinking. Come and present this kind of argument in Oxford and see whether the police would not be called for suspicion of providing fraudulent prerequisite qualifications.

Seeing your critical reasoning and that of SEFAGO, I have not respect for the US education system.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 05, 2009
Sagamite:

Such a lame analogy, honestly this is not the type of person in my league in debating!!! *shakes head*

Why don't you say "I hate filthy places like Ajegunle. I cringe when I see people living there but that is enough to say something is wrong with them"?

And SEFAGO would be coming here ranting about how US universities teach critical thinking. Come and present this kind of argument in Oxford and see whether the police would not be called for suspicion of providing fraudulent prerequisite qualifications.

Seeing your critical reasoning and that of SEFAGO, I have not respect for the US education system.

i take offense to that. grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 8:32pm On Nov 05, 2009
Krayola:

I have been against discrimination against gays and lesbians before i found out my sister was a lesbian, which was a lil under 2 years ago.
What about bawomolo, and chrisbenogor, and mazaje. . .are they closet homosexuals, or are they defending their family members too? Is there something wrong with caring about the happiness of others? Is that another sort of deviance?

Bawomolo, has never confirmed that speculation but I think his own is just on the premise of "as minimum as possible, preferably none, set of rules in the world".

But I would give him a chance to respond.

Bawo, over to you. Do you have a close individual (family or friend) that you are very loyal to that is gay?

My suspicion of michelin's premise is: I must show I am modern, urban and open-minded.

So she follows any popular way of life in the West.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2009
Sagamite:

My suspicion of michelin's premise is: I must show I am modern, urban and open-minded.

So she follows any popular way of life in the West.

My own opinion too . . . ditto for Bawomolo
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2009
davidylan:

They both "remained gay" because gay-rights activists demanded females shld not be introduced to them. Needless to say they both broke up the minute one found the chance to elope with a female penguin.

No mind Bawo. grin grin grin grin grin grin

He wanted to pull a fast one on us. grin grin

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169653,00.html

He does not understand when Deep Sight stated that some of us seek and are constantly seeking knowledge and we critically review what comes in IN DETAIL and don't just accept because of populist or fashionable reasons.

All these their gay arguments I had reviewed well over time before I took my position on it, so that I am not ignorant and can hold watertight arguments.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 8:46pm On Nov 05, 2009
davidylan:

i take offense to that.  grin

Mostly at undergrad level only to satisfy a bouyant job-market.  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Come to any of the top 10 UK universities, preferably Oxford or Cambridge where grades are not dashed like Harvard, and get quality education for your postgrads.  grin

Person like Krayola wey dey university wey no know the difference between human biology and choices through decision-making process? I bet im too go claim to be in an esteemed-but-unlucky-in-rankings university. How you wan make I respect the education system?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2009
Sagamite:

That is where we should be allowed to research without gay-terrorists trying to destroy the people looking into it and insisting we accept them by force.

Lets research, so we don't make decisions out of ignorance. And lets look if there is a cure.

There are researches ongoing into peadophilia and possible therapy to cure it, no one is saying and insisting they might be born that way and THAT IS IT.

If they think they can cure that, why can't they cure homosexuality?
While these researchers are doing their thing are we not supposed to suspend judgment?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 11:33pm On Nov 05, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

While these researchers are doing their thing are we not supposed to suspend judgment?

Fortunately, the disgust element is virtually universal, so basis of approach would naturally come from that as default.

What we should be working towards is having an environment that allows (at the least, if not encourages) the required research without gay-terrorists and unbrindled-open-mindedness-by-force propagandists' social bullying through the powerful western media.

After a solid and thorough fact-finding where hypotheses have gone through rigorous, unrestraint challenges and then aspects/some are accepted as facts by the experts, then we will have a basis to shift or not to shift opinions/approach and/or explore cures if needed.

So to answer your question simply: The disgust level inevitably brings, and deserves, judgement if the act is displayed or promoted publicly until it is proven natural?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 12:51am On Nov 06, 2009
Sagamite:

No mind Bawo.  grin grin grin grin grin grin

He wanted to pull a fast one on us.  grin grin

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,169653,00.html

He does not understand when Deep Sight stated that some of us seek and are constantly seeking knowledge and we critically review what comes in IN DETAIL and don't just accept because of populist or fashionable reasons.

All these their gay arguments I had reviewed well over time before I took my position on it, so that I am not ignorant and can hold watertight arguments.

lmao i guess their love wasn't strong enough  grin.  Homosexuality and bisexuality does exist in the wild though.

Bawomolo, has never confirmed that speculation but I think his own is just on the premise of "as minimum as possible, preferably none, set of rules in the world".

But I would give him a chance to respond.

Bawo, over to you. Do you have a close individual (family or friend) that you are very loyal to that is gay?

nah i have no gay family members (well not in the open) but you know my stance on morality.   If it doesn't affect humanity, why bother?

I do believe in minimum government interference in our personal lives especially on the issue of civil liberty. what's your beef with sefago?

If they think they can cure that, why can't they cure homosexuality?

why should homosexuality be cured? reminds me of the x-men movie there was a cure for the mutant gene.  if homosexuals are fine with who they are, don't tamper with them.

The disgust level inevitably brings, and deserves, judgement if the act is displayed or promoted publicly until it is proven natural?

why does disgust "level" require judgment. why not just turn the other cheek?
i see no reason why we should judge people because they don't appeal to us. appreciate the diversity or just turn the other cheek as long as no one is being exploited.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ceasyc(f): 3:31am On Nov 06, 2009
@topic shocked shocked shocked
dont no bout dat 1 oh but
its just soooo icky
just cant help it
dey/it makes my skin crawl
ICKY ICKY ICKY!!!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by chiogo(f): 4:03am On Nov 06, 2009
Krayola:

[b]I have been against discrimination against gays and lesbians before i found out my sister was a lesbian, which was a lil under 2 years ago.
[/b]What about bawomolo, and chrisbenogor, and mazaje. . .are they closet homosexuals, or are they defending their family members too? Is there something wrong with caring about the happiness of others? Is that another sort of deviance?
Hmm, that's interesting!! Guess it must have been hard changing your previous notions when it turns out someone you care about practices it.

Honestly don't know what I'd do if I happen to be in that situation. But I guess I'd be more open-minded. Heck, I'm already open-minded even though I stand by my beliefs concerning Homosexuality. I think they deserve rights other people have.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:25am On Nov 06, 2009
Sagamite:

Fortunately, the disgust element is virtually universal, so basis of approach would naturally come from that as default.

What we should be working towards is having an environment that allows (at the least, if not encourages) the required research without gay-terrorists and unbrindled-open-mindedness-by-force propagandists' social bullying through the powerful western media.

After a solid and thorough fact-finding where hypotheses have gone through rigorous, unrestraint challenges and then aspects/some are accepted as facts by the experts, then we will have a basis to shift or not to shift opinions/approach and/or explore cures if needed.

So to answer your question simply: The disgust level inevitably brings, and deserves, judgement if the act is displayed or promoted publicly until it is proven natural?
First off I agree with the general sentiment of your reply, but remember that in most civilized places it is safer to allow a few criminals escape than to punish one innocent person thus the saying innocent until proven guilty.
Just think of the numerous people that have been punished, convicted and denied their rights because they exhibited something that was not common.
Kleptomania was first officially recognized in the US as a mental disorder in the 1960s in the case of the state of California v. Douglas Jones. How many people must have been punished for being sick? Or consider how many schizophrenics that must have been burnt at the stakes? I hope you catch my drift.
I think until the proof comes that it is nurture and not nature that causes it, until we can prove that you woke up one morning and said dang I want to like girls wink then we have a starting point to deal with the issue, even though I think some of their demands are way overrated, I mean everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, color sexuality, religion and what have you. I leave you with this very incisive quote

The human psyche has two great sicknesses: the urge to carry vendetta across generations, and the tendency to fasten group labels on people rather than see them as individuals.

Was nice discussing with ya.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 10:04am On Nov 06, 2009
bawomolo:

Homosexuality and bisexuality does exist in the wild though.

Until I see am fitting the criteria, I no go agree.

bawomolo:

nah i have no gay family members (well not in the open) but you know my stance on morality.   If it doesn't affect humanity, why bother?

I do believe in minimum government interference in our personal lives especially on the issue of civil liberty.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

My psychoanalysis skills is on point.

As I said earlier, all Countries make laws based on at least 2 platforms: Harm to others and Social morals.

I will disagree with you on that minimum government interference because as I have said severally, most humans are not that intelligent and they don't think of the collective greater good over individual ones (especially when both conflicts). I would rather go with moderate government interference.

The world is a very complex place that few brains can manage and navigate efficiently the direct and indirect impact of their actions at different layers of perspectives. If you leave people to mainly do as they wish as long as it does not hurt someone else plainly (which is likely to be judged on direct impacts only), it might sound all warm, nice and fuzzy, over time you will gradually have total chaos and a society most people would not want to live in.

Evident in aspects of life we have given more than the reasonable level of freedom required: e.g. (1) the decollectivism of parental aproach in the West as led to horrible child upbringing and a breakdown of/inferior social behavioural structure (I maintain, despite its faults, a "village raising a child" approach is better), (2) leaving people to drink alcohol or take drugs because it is their business led to a point they became dependent & started causing disorder/DUI & stealing and (3) the light-touch regulation of the financial industry that led to the credit crunch.

Majority of humans need leadership, guidance, regulation and boundaries that prevents not only hurting others but also helps in meeting minimum standard of being a valuable member of your society. The challenge is finding the balance between these and sensible freedom.

bawomolo:

what's your beef with sefago?

No mind that one.

The boy just got on my goat in the past despite gentle and nice warnings in our first few interactions. I hinted the "rules of engagement" between us after a few disparaging dings/barbs my way (about his intelligence, education and achievements). Hints which he was not intelligent enough to pick up. I have no problem with anyone being arrogant but if you make the mistake of directing it at me, just make sure your brain is at its best (make sure you eat your berries and omega-3 fatty acids foods), otherwise I will embarass you. Krayola is trying it but just from the few arguments he has placed, I know he is not up to par.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-279591.864.html#msg4602338
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-329937.160.html#msg4704536

The worst thing was that SEFAGO even started following me around NL and attacking my posts thinking he is bullying me. When I attacked him back, he now turned around and is claiming nastiness.  grin Complete lack of self-awareness.

That one na history to me.

bawomolo:

why should homosexuality be cured? reminds me of the x-men movie there was a cure for the mutant gene.  if homosexuals are fine with who they are, don't tamper with them.

why does disgust "level" require judgment.   why not just turn the other cheek? 
i see no reason why we should judge people because they don't appeal to us.  appreciate the diversity or just turn the other cheek as long as no one is being exploited.

Because it disgust people and all people make laws to prevent disgust. I am an advocate of appreciating diversity but I have boundaries and use a filter. If it is proven unnatural, then there is a case for a cure.

X-men, more of Oyinbo propaganda like "Free Willy" that lead to oyinbo people thinking animals have the same rights as humans. Yeye people.  grin grin grin
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Sagamite(m): 10:38am On Nov 06, 2009
Chrisbenogor:

First off I agree with the general sentiment of your reply, but remember that in most civilized places it is safer to allow a few criminals escape than to punish one innocent person thus the saying innocent until proven guilty.

Just think of the numerous people that have been punished, convicted and denied their rights because they exhibited something that was not common.

This is where I am a maverick, civilised society can be wrong in their approach sometimes. But that is by the way.

The point is that we had already established it is wrong and disgusting, but some people changed it (in the West) or want to change it (in others) without valid points to back up the need to change it.

Let them prove it is moral and natural before we change the policy that it is not criminalisable.

Chrisbenogor:

Kleptomania was first officially recognized in the US as a mental disorder in the 1960s in the case of the state of California v. Douglas Jones. How many people must have been punished for being sick? Or consider how many schizophrenics that must have been burnt at the stakes? I hope you catch my drift.

No, I don't get your drift, what are you saying? That they should have left people to steal or attack others until scientists could prove kleptomania and mental disorders exists?

Chrisbenogor:

I think until the proof comes that it is nurture and not nature that causes it, until we can prove that you woke up one morning and said dang I want to like girls  wink then we have a starting point to deal with the issue, even though I think some of their demands are way overrated, I mean everyone should be treated equally regardless of race, color sexuality, religion and what have you. I leave you with this very incisive quote

The human psyche has two great sicknesses: the urge to carry vendetta across generations, and the tendency to fasten group labels on people rather than see them as individuals.

Was nice discussing with ya.

I repeat, all evidence indicates it is not natural in my opinion (as they are struggling to prove it exists in nature considering the lame reports/documentaries gay-supporters could get after trying, and have used to convince some that don't critically analyse or are awed by PhDs). So based on this, the disgust level and the fact that I know giving them an inch would lead to forming some pressure group to go gazillions of miles BY FORCE (e.g. adopting kids), IMO, it should be banned. That is why I am in full support of the criminalisation bill being proposed in Nigeria (that appears the West as clandestinely stopped and swept under the carpet).
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by MyJoe: 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2009
This is a summary of my post on a similar subject else where.

There is a pervasive misunderstanding of homosexuality about, which is not surprising since they are the minority. Outright hatred and persecution, known as homophobia of heterosexism is still prevalent even in countries where homosexuality has been legalised. Homosexuality is not something anyone ever decides to take on. The idea that homosexuality is something people are lured into in all-boys schools is scurrilous nonsense. It is now taken for granted in the scientific community that people are born homosexual. Thus, homosexuality describes an attraction, an orientation, not just a practice. Homosexuality is pretty widespread in the animal world. Says American Psychology Association, "Sexual orientation is not merely a personal characteristic that can be defined in isolation. Rather, one’s sexual orientation defines the universe of persons with whom one is likely to find the satisfying and fulfilling relationships that, for many individuals, comprise an essential component of personal identity." Scientists are still trying to determine why people are born with their orientation and they believe certain factors are involved. These include genetic factors, environmental factors, prenatal hormone exposure and prenatal stress on the mother.

Religiously speaking, homosexuality is unequivocally condemned by the"holy" books. Thus while the Anglican Church and others have in the spirit of new age liberalism opened the doors to openly gay people, they are in violation of injunctions clearly stated in the Old and New Testaments.

Health wise, there are also inherent risks. The human anal canal, up through the rectum, is lined with delicate tissues which are easily ruptured when penetrated.  The chances of this happening during anal intercourse are high, opening up direct blood-to-blood infection channels. This is why the AIDS pandemic in the West decimated the gay MALE population, while having a substantially smaller impact on the straight population. In fact when the virus came to light around the early 80s, I think, it was known as "The Gay Plague."

Given that being a homosexual is not something one chooses, but one is born that way, is change possible? Several psychiatrists who believe that homosexuality is a disease have tried to change people and they have ALL had one result, FAILURE! Says the American Psychology Association, "Sexual orientation has proved to be generally impervious to interventions intended to change it, which are sometimes referred to as 'reparative therapy.' No scientifically adequate research has shown that such interventions are effective or safe. Moreover, because homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality, national mental health organizations do not encourage individuals to try to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Therefore, all major national mental health organizations have adopted policy statements cautioning the profession and the public about treatments that purport to change sexual orientation."

Does that mean there is no help for homosexuals who feel strongly about their way of life and would like to change? No. Right now, I can think of FOUR options.

1. You accept your situation and remain the way you are. Being gay does not make you less of a human being. But you don't want this, that is why you opened this thread. So that leaves you with three options really.
2. Sex change. Since you are a man who feels attracted to men, you can go for a sex change operation so that you become a woman, complete with a tear rubber pair breasts and a vulva. You can then have all the penile sex you want in the right orifice. This suggestion is radical and expensive. But many people have taken this option.
3. The third option is celibacy. Just as some heterosexual people choose not to have anything to do with the opposite sex, some homosexual people do it. I have read of priests who are gay by orientation but chose celibacy. Whatever anyone might tell you, it is possible to live without sex. Some Catholic priests who choose to stay faithful to their callings do it. There are people who maintain their virginity into their twenties and thirties when they get married.
4. Impractical as the fourth option may seen (if you are not bisexual) to anyone who has taken time to study this issue, I am including it because it is not impossible. You stop having sex with men and take on women. You marry a woman. The problem is that you are not attracted to women in the first place so you will find the sex unsatisfying. Your partner may notice this and leave you. You may live a "false" life for the rest of your life or find yourself sneaking out to find male sex partners. But if you try hard enough, and if you are lucky, it is possible for you to abandon homosexuality.

I people get a tad less judgmental about these things.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2009
MyJoe:

This is a summary of my post on a similar subject else where.

There is a pervasive misunderstanding of homosexuality about, which is not surprising since they are the minority. Outright hatred and persecution, known as homophobia of heterosexism is still prevalent even in countries where homosexuality has been legalised. Homosexuality is not something anyone ever decides to take on. The idea that homosexuality is something people are lured into in all-boys schools is scurrilous nonsense. It is now taken for granted in the scientific community that people are born homosexual. Thus, homosexuality describes an attraction, an orientation, not just a practice. Homosexuality is pretty widespread in the animal world. Says American Psychology Association, "Sexual orientation is not merely a personal characteristic that can be defined in isolation. Rather, one’s sexual orientation defines the universe of persons with whom one is likely to find the satisfying and fulfilling relationships that, for many individuals, comprise an essential component of personal identity." Scientists are still trying to determine why people are born with their orientation and they believe certain factors are involved. These include genetic factors, environmental factors, prenatal hormone exposure and prenatal stress on the mother.

Religiously speaking, homosexuality is unequivocally condemned by the"holy" books. Thus while the Anglican Church and others have in the spirit of new age liberalism opened the doors to openly gay people, they are in violation of injunctions clearly stated in the Old and New Testaments.

Health wise, there are also inherent risks. The human anal canal, up through the rectum, is lined with delicate tissues which are easily ruptured when penetrated.  The chances of this happening during anal intercourse are high, opening up direct blood-to-blood infection channels. This is why the AIDS pandemic in the West decimated the gay MALE population, while having a substantially smaller impact on the straight population. In fact when the virus came to light around the early 80s, I think, it was known as "The Gay Plague."

Given that being a homosexual is not something one chooses, but one is born that way, is change possible? Several psychiatrists who believe that homosexuality is a disease have tried to change people and they have ALL had one result, FAILURE! Says the American Psychology Association, "Sexual orientation has proved to be generally impervious to interventions intended to change it, which are sometimes referred to as 'reparative therapy.' No scientifically adequate research has shown that such interventions are effective or safe. Moreover, because homosexuality is a normal variant of human sexuality, national mental health organizations do not encourage individuals to try to change their sexual orientation from homosexual to heterosexual. Therefore, all major national mental health organizations have adopted policy statements cautioning the profession and the public about treatments that purport to change sexual orientation."

Does that mean there is no help for homosexuals who feel strongly about their way of life and would like to change? No. Right now, I can think of FOUR options.

1. You accept your situation and remain the way you are. Being gay does not make you less of a human being. But you don't want this, that is why you opened this thread. So that leaves you with three options really.
2. Sex change. Since you are a man who feels attracted to men, you can go for a sex change operation so that you become a woman, complete with a tear rubber pair breasts and a vulva. You can then have all the penile sex you want in the right orifice. This suggestion is radical and expensive. But many people have taken this option.
3. The third option is celibacy. Just as some heterosexual people choose not to have anything to do with the opposite sex, some homosexual people do it. I have read of priests who are gay by orientation but chose celibacy. Whatever anyone might tell you, it is possible to live without sex. Some Catholic priests who choose to stay faithful to their callings do it. There are people who maintain their virginity into their twenties and thirties when they get married.
4. Impractical as the fourth option may seen (if you are not bisexual) to anyone who has taken time to study this issue, I am including it because it is not impossible. You stop having sex with men and take on women. You marry a woman. The problem is that you are not attracted to women in the first place so you will find the sex unsatisfying. Your partner may notice this and leave you. You may live a "false" life for the rest of your life or find yourself sneaking out to find male sex partners. But if you try hard enough, and if you are lucky, it is possible for you to abandon homosexuality.

I people get a tad less judgmental about these things.

close thread
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by SEFAGO(m): 9:47pm On Nov 07, 2009

Why don't you say "I hate filthy places like Ajegunle. Do I think it is disgusting? Yeah. I cringe when I see people living there but is that enough to say something is wrong with them?"

Dont Start looking for trouble. I left your sorry ass because I was taking exams and two I discovered you had nothing to offer but outright stupidity. So just let it rest and dont utter my honorable name in any of your posts.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by ttruth(m): 1:03pm On Jan 25, 2010
No one is born gay. Gay is as a result of sin and satanic imagination.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 3:10pm On Jan 25, 2010
Still on this issue,

Genes would never allow a person be born gay.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 4:49pm On Jan 25, 2010
Gamine:

Still on this issue,

Genes would never allow a person be born gay.

how do you know this and what genes won't allow a person to be born gay?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2010
Homosexuality is a dead-end for genes.
Whether you like it or not, most of our behaviour is
specifically for the propagation of the species.

So, on that count, Homosexuality is an aberration,
and the homosexuals' will die out if they don't heed to
the call of the genes and do what is right by them (Reproduction)
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JeSoul(f): 5:22pm On Jan 25, 2010
Gamine! kiss
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by MyJoe: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2010
Gamine:

Homosexuals were around when Moses was penning the OT, right?. Going by your reasoning, why haven't they died out? Who gave birth to the ones around today, immaculate conception?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 8:41pm On Jan 25, 2010
Homosexuals were around when Moses was penning the OT, right?. Going by your reasoning, why haven't they died out? Who gave birth to the ones around today, immaculate conception?

There's not a dot of scripture in my post, where did you drag Moses and the O.T from??

the call of the genes and do what is right by them
Them = the genes.
I did not say Homosexuality would die out, i said the genes contained
within the Homosexuals would die out, if they don't do the right thing ('natural') to
pass on their genes thus protecting the Human Race from extinction.

@Jesoul Hey! smiley
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 5:54am On Jan 26, 2010
Gamine:

all you are doing here is rambling.  I said i mention the genes that would never allow anyone to be homosexual.

Your theory is hilarious considering the world population continues to rise concurrently with the existence of homosexuals.
I guess genetics would kill homosexuals if there is a population shortage.

the human race isn't facing extinction anytime soon. heck we are overpopulated while we battle for resources such as water and food.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 12:50pm On Jan 26, 2010
@Bawomolo

If you are certain something is just a ramble, why bother with it.
It is not 'My theory'
If you can't reason properly, no fault of mine.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 10:15pm On Jan 26, 2010
Gamine:

@Bawomolo

If you are certain something is just a ramble, why bother with it.
It is not 'My theory'
If you can't reason properly, no fault of mine.

i would ask you again. what are the genes that won't allow someone to be gay?
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by JeSoul(f): 10:37pm On Jan 26, 2010
Kai, this thread has tarried far beyond my expectations.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by afiq(m): 10:42pm On Jan 26, 2010
Nonsense!
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by PastorAIO: 11:34pm On Jan 26, 2010
I don't think that sexuality is determined by genes. I don't think anyone is born gay either. I think that sexuality is shaped during the course of one's life and continues to be shape through the course of one's life. I'm can't say what factors are involved in shaping the sexuality but this is what I think. Afterall if homosexuality is passed on genetically then it would die out.

Even within heterosexuality there is a range of behaviours. Some guys like to be tied up and flogged seriously before they will get an erection. They are heterosexual, but if their girlfriend doesn't flog them vigorously they will not perform. Often these guys like humiliation with it.

What seems obvious to me is that sexuality is not something that is just pure by itself but comes associated with a lot of subconscious stuff. After all what makes a guy fancy one kind of woman and not another kind. No be woman? You'd think that woman na woman and one is as good as another, but it is not so. Some guys like girls with a pleasant disposition but other's like girls that are rude and selfish. The nice girls won't do it for them but when they see a girl that will keep them waiting in the cold for 2 hours they get so excited over her.

To me, sexuality seems to be something that can be shaped in many ways. if only we can find the factors that shape one's sexuality then we will be able to control it.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by bawomolo(m): 12:57am On Jan 27, 2010
Afterall if homosexuality is passed on genetically then  it would die out.

how do you know it would die out though.

To me, sexuality seems to be something that can be shaped in many ways.  if only we can find the factors that shape one's sexuality then we will be able to control it.

what exactly do you mean by control?  You mean like say controlling the urges of a craddle-robber? You are in the realm of bioethics here.
Re: Could It Really Be That A Person Can Be Born Gay? by Gamine(f): 2:11am On Jan 27, 2010
i would ask you again. what are the genes that won't allow someone to be gay?

The genes would not promote a feature that is detrimental to their existence.
I never said there were specific genes that 'disallowed' homosexuality. . .maybe in the future
we'll know, certainly none that i know of now.
But its definitely not in the genes.

Our 'sexuality' is primarily geared towards reproduction, it doesnt matter what
you do inbetween. So called homosexuals have been forced to pass on their genes
in one way or the other because the long and short of the matter is Living things
MUST reproduce.

You say we arent facing extinction, i'm sure thats what the Tasmanian thought.
cease reproduction and lets see man survive. Since the beginning of time, man has
always battled man for resources, nothing new today. Survival of the fittest. . .ever heard of that?

Kai, this thread has tarried far beyond my expectations.
LWKM!  grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Leaked Sex Tapes Now The Order Of The Day / Jude Ndukwe: An Open Letter To Mbaka / Bishop Obinim Sacks All His Pastors After Betrayal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.