Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection (8021 Views)

The Yoruba History Of My Grandfather-by Adeleke Adeyemo / Shaheeda Sanusi Slapped A Boy And I Supported Her - Emir Sanusi / Again, Royal Rumbles On Yoruba History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 10:08pm On Dec 11, 2015
As a yoruba man, I have always laughed at the historical claims that Oduduwa's father, Lamurudu, migrated from the middle east. It just sounded laughable at that time. But I came across some DNA studies funded by the National Institute of Health NIH in the USA titled "The African Genome Variation Project shapes medical genetics in Africa." which supports the claims that ou r ancestors came from the midle east. A scientific theory called back to Africa.
The evidence presented is from a serious study on human origins and disease susceptibility, detailed characterization of African genetic diversity. It reveales the little nugget of our ancient exposure to europeans/asians. The Yorubas have Eurasia gene admixture that dates thousands of years ago. The quote is below:

HG = Hunter Gatherer
Eurasia = Europe/Asia
SSA = Sub Sahara Africa

"We found evidence for historically complex and regionally distinct admixture with multiple HG and Eurasian populations across SSA (Fig. 2 and Supplementary Note 5). Specifically, ancient Eurasian admixture was observed in central West African populations (Yoruba; ~7,500–10,500 years ago), old admixture among Ethiopian populations (~2,400–3,200 years ago) consistent with previous reports10, 12, and more recent complex admixture in some East African populations (~150–1,500 years ago) (Fig. 2, Extended Data Fig. 7 and Supplementary Note 5). Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Not only the Eurasia admixture they also have Neanderthal genes just like they have in native Eurasian population. SO it seems we went out of Africa, mixed and came back to Africa which is similar to the whole Oduduwa-Lamurudu claims. It's really an intriguing find and just corroborates whats griots have been saying.

Here is the official study sponsored by NIH (You need PubMed access to read it)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25470054

Here is a free version
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

This is not an ethnic bashing or promotion thread. Just more of an awareness thread that most humans are interrelated one way or the other and boundaries, language and culture shouldn't define us. Our connections are more than skin deep.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2015
Last Days
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 10:27pm On Dec 11, 2015
brainbucks:
Last Days
Last days of what?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by NOBODYY: 5:18am On Dec 12, 2015
Igbo-jews??
Are you minding those clowns??
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by OPCNAIRALAND: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2015
kayfra:
As a yoruba man, I have always laughed at the historical claims that Oduduwa's father, Lamurudu, migrated from the middle east. It just sounded laughable at that time. But I came across some DNA studies funded by the National Institute of Health NIH in the USA titled "The African Genome Variation Project shapes medical genetics in Africa." which supports the claims that ou r ancestors came from the midle east. A scientific theory called back to Africa.
The evidence presented is from a serious study on human origins and disease susceptibility, detailed characterization of African genetic diversity. It reveales the little nugget of our ancient exposure to europeans/asians. The Yorubas have Eurasia gene admixture that dates thousands of years ago. The quote is below:

HG = Hunter Gatherer
Eurasia = Europe/Asia
SSA = Sub Sahara Africa

"We found evidence for historically complex and regionally distinct admixture with multiple HG and Eurasian populations across SSA (Fig. 2 and Supplementary Note 5). Specifically, ancient Eurasian admixture was observed in central West African populations (Yoruba; ~7,500–10,500 years ago), old admixture among Ethiopian populations (~2,400–3,200 years ago) consistent with previous reports10, 12, and more recent complex admixture in some East African populations (~150–1,500 years ago) (Fig. 2, Extended Data Fig. 7 and Supplementary Note 5). Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Not only the Eurasia admixture they also have Neanderthal findings just like they have in native Eurasian population. SO it seems we went out of Africa, mixed and came back to Africa which is similar to the whole Oduduwa-Lamurudu claims. It's really an intriguing find and just corroborates whats griots have been saying.

Here is the official study sponsored by NIH (You need PubMed access to read it)
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25470054

Here is a free version
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/full/nature13997.html

In addition, I also looked for the Igbo-Jew connection but there are no DNA evidence to corroborate the claims.

"We also find evidence for complex and regionally distinct HG admixture across SSA (Fig. 2, Extended Data Figs 7 and Supplementary Note 5), with ancient gene flow (~9,000 years ago) among Igbo and more recent admixture in East and South Africa (multiple events ranging from 100 years ago to 3,000 years ago), broadly consistent with historical movements reflecting the Bantu expansion. An exploration of the likeliest sources of admixture in our data suggested that HG admixture in Igbo was most closely represented by modern day Khoe-San populations rather than by rainforest HG populations (Supplementary Note 5). Given limited archaeological and linguistic evidence for the presence of Khoe-San populations in West Africa, this extant HG admixture might represent ancient populations, consistent with the presence of mass HG graves from the early Holocene period comprising skeletons with distinct morphological features15, and with evidence of HG rock art dating to this period in the western Sahara16, 17. In East Africa, our analyses suggested that Mbuti rainforest HG populations most closely represented ancient HG mixing populations (Supplementary Note 5), with admixture dating to ~3,000 years ago, suggesting that HG ancestry here is likely to be older than previously reported18. The primary source of HG admixture in Zulu and Sotho populations was from Khoe-San populations (Fig. 2 and Supplementary Note 5), consistent with linguistic assimilation of click consonants among these populations."

This is not an ethnic bashing or promotion thread. Just more of an awareness thread that most humans are interrelated one way or the other and boundaries, language and culture shouldn't define us. Our connections are more than skin deep.

My brother,
This is good job. Thank you for raising this awareness and enlightenement.

I dont think any Yoruba deny that Lamurudu was a King in Eurasia (Afro-asia to be more pointed) or that there was a migration led by Oduduwa to Ife.

The two camps contend the primordial origin of Lamurudu and Oduduwa or of Yorubas generally.

One says Yoruba were a people of Afro-asia and only migrated one way, from Assyria, Egypt, Sudan, Cansan, Mecca, Mondiana and so on.

The other camp says yes, this is so, but they migrated out of their primordial root in Ile Ife and spread to Afro-asia but later returned home. To them, they have the full spectrum and the other camp only has half.

This ya scientifi report is what i call 'drop it like its hot'....hahahahaha, lmao, grin grin

Na waa o!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by lawani: 10:10am On Dec 12, 2015
Lamurudu is Nimrod, the first post flood King of Sumeria over 5 thousand years ago. He was no father of Oduduwa but an ancestor. If I landed in 10th century China and they made me King, I would describe myself as a son of Oduduwa because I know it will be traceable in future, not because he was my direct father.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 2:15pm On Dec 12, 2015
lawani:
Lamurudu is Nimrod, the first post flood King of Sumeria over 5 thousand years ago. He was no father of Oduduwa but an ancestor. If I landed in 10th century China and they made me King, I would describe myself as a son of Oduduwa because I know it will be traceable in future, not because he was my direct father.

I wouldn't know nor say its Nimrod nor if Lamurudu ever really existed. What we have is concrete scientific proof that we mixed with Eurasia circa 7500-10000 years ago. Accounts of griots, especially since they weren't mostly written, just indicates historical acknowledgment of ancient facts. Just like people in the middle east acknowledge a major flood like thousands of years ago which you find in jewish, Assyrian and Babylonian texts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 2:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

My brother,

I dont think any Yoruba deny that Lamurudu was a King in Eurasia (Afro-asia to be more pointed) or that there was a migration led by Oduduwa to Ife.

The two camps contend the primordial origin of Lamurudu and Oduduwa or of Yorubas generally.

One says Yoruba were a people of Afro-asia and only migrated one way, from Assyria, Egypt, Sudan, Cansan, Mecca, Mondiana and so on.

The other camp says yes, this is so, but they migrated out of their primordial root in Ile Ife and spread to Afro-asia but later returned home. To them, they have the full spectrum and the other camp only has half.

This ya scientifi report is what i call 'drop it like its hot'....hahahahaha, lmao, grin grin

Na waa o!!

We waka commot Africa, from only God knows where, mixed, and came back to present day Ile-Ife. Ife, according to science is one of the most ancient and continously inhabited cities in the world. Same as Benin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by lawani: 7:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
No one on Earth is purely genetically from one side, Nordic Europeans have some Sub saharan African in them and etc. The Yoruba sedentary culture has been there uninterrupted since the initiators landed from space, there have been people joining definitely as happens up till today which is why almost half of our vocabulary derives from Kemitic Egypt of 5000 years ago. The Eurasian and Nean derthan component was introduced before Nimrod was born over 5000 years ago. The Oduduwa must have arrived during the 7th century. The present calendar is 10059 this year. The sedentary culture was never abandoned but they received people from outside and made them King. The culture and people hve always been there, facing setback now and then but people have always been there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 2:44am On Dec 13, 2015
lawani:

undecided . What is the oriki of Lamurudu. At least Oduduwa has an oriki, various shrines. ..a tomb in the care of Obadio
What links Lamurudu to yorubas? Apart From an obvious corruption of the Arabic "Namrud"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 2:52am On Dec 13, 2015
7,500 to 10,000 years ago. . long past
Probably neanderthal remnants mixing with Homo sapiens of central Africa. .before the ancestors of the likes of yoruba, igbo etc moved westwards

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 3:04am On Dec 13, 2015
macof:
Probably neanderthal remnants mixing with Homo sapiens of central Africa. .before the ancestors of the likes of yoruba, igbo etc moved westwards

"Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Neanderthal didn't roam around in Africa.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 3:34am On Dec 13, 2015
kayfra:

"Our finding of ancient Eurasian admixture corroborates findings of non-zero Neanderthal ancestry in Yoruba, which is likely to have been introduced through Eurasian admixture and back migration, possibly facilitated by greening of the Sahara desert during this period13, 14."

Neanderthal didn't roam around in Africa.

Well, a back migration seems interesting
But how reliable is this? 7500 years ago. .
Btw were the adequate samples taken as specimen?
Yorubas have never been an isolated people. We mingle with people we come across. ..what about recent migrations into Yorubaland from Edo, northern nigeria, other parts of west africa, brazil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 4:22am On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

Well, a back migration seems interesting
But how reliable is this? 7500 years ago. .
Btw were the adequate samples taken as specimen?
Yorubas have never been an isolated people. We mingle with people we come across. ..what about recent migrations into Yorubaland from Edo, northern nigeria, other parts of west africa, brazil

It's a controlled study, so the results have been repeated some amount of time. The "back to Africa" theory is quite out there if you search, but I wanted to stick to funded research study with meaning.

This blog has a lot of literature. Apparently the presence of Eurasian genes csn be as high as 6-7% admixture.

http://dienekes..com/2015/10/west-eurasian-admixture-throughout.html?m=1

This also controlled study "Ancient west Eurasian ancestry in southern and eastern Africa" which also touches Yoruba. Some of the tribes we mixed with inherited some white genes.

http://m.pnas.org/content/111/7/2632.full
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 13, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

My brother,

Na waa o!!

There's one more school that holds the view that Oduduwa was from Ife and that he came from the Oke Ora area of one of the 13 hamlets that he unified.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by lawani: 9:27am On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

undecided . What is the oriki of Lamurudu. At least Oduduwa has an oriki, various shrines. ..a tomb in the care of Obadio
What links Lamurudu to yorubas? Apart From an obvious corruption of the Arabic "Namrud"

Lamurudu is not an orisa, he was a Sumerian, the name obviously was dropped by the Meccan as a signature to guide future generations wanting to know his origin. The name stands out like a sore thumb and has done the work for which it was intended. It has long being known that the Yoruba has non zero Neanderthal genetic component to the amazement of geneticist. The discovery of the remains of a man who lived around 4500 years ago in Ethiopia merely gave us a lead, a material to compare present day genes with. No people are isolated but some cultures are more recent than others.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2015
lawani:

Lamurudu is not an orisa, he was a Sumerian, the name obviously was dropped by the Meccan as a signature to guide future generations wanting to know his origin. The name stands out like a sore thumb and has done the work for which it was intended. It has long being known that the Yoruba has non zero Neanderthal genetic component to the amazement of geneticist. The discovery of the remains of a man who lived around 4500 years ago in Ethiopia merely gave us a lead, a material to compare present day genes with. No people are isolated but some cultures are more recent than others.
ok so no people are isolated means that oduduwa (a Meccan, according to you) had a Sumerian ancestor he always introduced as his father?

But why is yoruba culture short of arab influence? The Obaship is nothing like what came out of the Arab world... can you explain that?
AS My brother 9jacrip has said.. there's a school of thought that Oduduwa was from Oke Ora area. .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 11:25am On Dec 13, 2015
kayfra:

It's a controlled study, so the results have been repeated some amount of time. The "back to Africa" theory is quite out there if you search, but I wanted to stick to funded research study with meaning.

This blog has a lot of literature. Apparently the presence of Eurasian genes csn be as high as 6-7% admixture.

http://dienekes..com/2015/10/west-eurasian-admixture-throughout.html?m=1

This also controlled study "Ancient west Eurasian ancestry in southern and eastern Africa" which also touches Yoruba. Some of the tribes we mixed with inherited some white genes.

http://m.pnas.org/content/111/7/2632.full

Yes, I believe some of the people we mixed with inherited some white genes. But still a long shot.
This proposed Eurasian gene could have come anyway possible ..7500 years ago?
Isn't it supposed to be insignificant already?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 13, 2015
macof:
ok so no people are isolated means that oduduwa (a Meccan, according to you) had a Sumerian ancestor he always introduced as his father?

But why is yoruba culture short of arab influence? The Obaship is nothing like what came out of the Arab world... can you explain that?
AS My brother 9jacrip has said.. there's a school of thought that Oduduwa was from Oke Ora area. .

Sometimes I wonder people who hold the same thought as that man ever listen to themselves.
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by lawani: 12:36pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

Nimrod was an ancestor of Arabs, not an Arab in the modern sense of the word. Those people, ancient Arabs were more like ancient Celts or ancient Yoruba people or modern non religious Yoruba people. All peoples were basically thesame under God and Ife people believed fervently that all humans are their long lost brothers, so no qualms about making an Indian, Russian, Chinese or Celt a King in Ife. Their outlook to life was different from the modern way. Oduduwa mentioned Nimrod, the way you will mention Oduduwa today, to fellow Meccans he would have mentioned the name of his direct father. Oduduwa had no Arab/Muslim influence and any influence he brought was absorbed into the much older Ife sedentary culture.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 3:53pm On Dec 13, 2015
lawani:

Nimrod was an ancestor of Arabs, not an Arab in the modern sense of the word. Those people, ancient Arabs were more like ancient Celts or ancient Yoruba people or modern non religious Yoruba people. All peoples were basically thesame under God and Ife people believed fervently that all humans are their long lost brothers, so no qualms about making an Indian, Russian, Chinese or Celt a King in Ife. Their outlook to life was different from the modern way. Oduduwa mentioned Nimrod, the way you will mention Oduduwa today, to fellow Meccans he would have mentioned the name of his direct father. Oduduwa had no Arab/Muslim influence and any influence he brought was absorbed into the much older Ife sedentary culture.

How do you know Oduduwa mentioned Nimrod? How come Ife chiefs don't know any Nimrod?
What are you saying? Oduduwa was arab but had no Arabian influence Wtf!

Btw I think I've told you once before that there's no proof a "Nimrod" existed. Ninurta is the Summerian deity of hunt and war. ..similar to what yoruba see as Ogun. The patron City of Ninurta is what the arabs call "Namrud" . The genesis authors were just ignorant of what they were trying to copy from the Mesopotamian nations. .hence to the hebrews "Nimrod" became a great hunter warrior who established Summer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 5:02pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

Contemporary Arab culture is way different from the heavy Islamic influence which only began 1400-1600 years ago. The Arabs had regional cultures and you can see nuggets of the differences in the old testament, ancient Babylonian and Sumerian texts.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

How do you know Oduduwa mentioned Nimrod? How come Ife chiefs don't know any Nimrod?

Btw I think I've told you once before that there's no proof a "Nimrod" existed. Ninurta is the Summerian deity of hunt and war. ..similar to what yoruba see as Ogun. The patron City of Ninurta is what the arabs call "Namrud" . The genesis authors were just ignorant of what they were trying to copy from the Mesopotamian nations. .hence to the hebrews "Nimrod" became a great hunter warrior who established Summer

Don't know about all these historical figures, Nimrod and Lamurudu. They could all be fables for all I care, we just have scientific proof that we carry Eurasian and Neanderthal genes. The rest is trying to conform science to religious text.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

Yes, I believe some of the people we mixed with inherited some white genes. But still a long shot.
This proposed Eurasian gene could have come anyway possible ..7500 years ago?
Isn't it supposed to be insignificant already?

If it was insignificant, it wouldn't have been detected repeatedly. Remember the study was for how differences in genetics affects diseases. So it could offer some insight into generic cures etc. Beyond my pay grade

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

Thank you. 7,500 to 10,000 years ago is approximately 3,500 BC - 6,000 BC. That is such a long time ago for the Lamurudu of oral traditions to adequately explain it.

There is a much better explanation for this distant Eurasian admixture than what the Lamurudu story is suggesting:

3,500 BC - 6,000 BC (the timeline of this Eurasian admixture) roughly corresponds to the time when the Sahara began to dry out and the people who formerly lived there moved south into the West African Sahel region and either intermingled with the people who were already living there or displaced them, forcing them to move south farther into the West African interior.

Archaeologists have found in the Sahara the bones of these people who formerly lived in the Sahara when it was still green, and have determined that they were largely Negroid, but with a strong presence of Eurasian elements and Negroid-Eurasian mixtures.

So, as these Negroid-Eurasian people moved out of the Sahara into what is now West Africa, they must have intermarried or crossbred with black West Africans, leaving genetic fingerprints on some of these people, including the ancestors of the modern Yoruba.

If you read the article they even made the same suggestion where they said it was "...possibly facilitated by greening [de-greening?] of the Sahara desert during this period."

I expect further research to detect this Eurasian genetic traces in some other black West African groups.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by lawani: 8:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
macof:

The Lamurudu as father of Oduduwa story is part of Yoruba oral history passed down by state funded institutions ie griots. Nimrod is Namurudu is Lamurudu to a Yoruba, that is the Yoruba interpretation. Please read up about Nimrod and form your opinion about if he ever existed, its like wanting to know if Ogun ever existed just that Nimrod is much more recent than the first Ogun. Then people like Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon was an Arab ancestor and can not be said to be Arab in the modern sense of it not to talk of Nimrod that was much farther back. Nebuchadnezzar would see himself as a descendant of Nimrod the first post flood King of Sumeria. I believe a pre Mohammedan Meccan monarch too is likely to see himself as a Nimrod descendant which is why Oduduwa mentioned the name to Ife people. Apart from that one mention, I have never heard any other mention in Yoruba folklore, the griots passed on the name simply because Oduduwa especially instructed them to do that, knowing debates will come up about his origin in future. The Yoruba calendar is 10059 this year, we came from nobody but like others we are a mixture of everybody. Of all calendars, the Ife calendar is the senior.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by kayfra: 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
This guy breaks it down and mixes it with Bantu expansion
http://www.unz.com/gnxp/back-to-africa-and-the-bantu-explosion/

Found this interesting
"But the masking of Eurasian ancestry also highlighted something important: the genetic variation across African populations once you remove Eurasian ancestry is not that high. This is curious in light of the truism that most genetic variation in humans is found within Africa, but as Nick Patterson pointed out to me years ago: this applies to variation within populations, not across them. Since most variation is not partitioned across populations that explains why Africans can be so genetically varied despite exhibiting not too high between population variation. After masking Eurasian ancestry the mean pairwise Fst was ~0.015. To give a sense of perspective, the Fst between Northern Italians and Lithuanians is 0.01. The Fst between the Ethiopian African ancestry (so Eurasian segments are masked) and other African populations is still 0.027, on average (the distance between Lithuanians and Southern Italians is 0.015). This reinforces the fact that the African ancestors of Ethiopians are somewhat atypical (further confirmed by the relative inaccuracy of imputation from public data sets)."

For those research inclined. Read the supplementary notes and data that has the methodology, sample size, test control etc etc

Notes
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/extref/nature13997-s1.pdf

Data
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v517/n7534/extref/nature13997-s2.pdf
Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by OPCNAIRALAND: 1:51am On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

I think the input from op on this scientific evidence can stand on its own proof. It corroborates the oral history in the Royal courts.

You and 9ja crip are asking other camp to submit proof but your own claim is not standing on good ground either if "school of thought" is all you have for reference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by macof(m): 9:10am On Dec 14, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:

I think the input from op on this scientific evidence can stand on its own proof. It corroborates the oral history in the Royal courts.

You and 9ja crip are asking other camp to submit proof but your own claim is not standing on good ground either if "school of thought" is all you have for reference.

Actually, the good ground is that all oduduwa rituals or rituals concerning the Ooni's coronation are done at Oke ora. It's public knowledge that Oke Ora is strongly connected to the Oduduwa personality

Pls how is mecca of any importance to the Ooni's coronation?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by scholes0(m): 9:17am On Dec 14, 2015
Personally, I dont believe in this person called Lamurudu.
There is no oral literature in all of Yorubaland that talks of him.
What is his Oriki?

He is probably just a conjured figure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by tpiar: 4:21pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Actually, the good ground is that all oduduwa rituals or rituals concerning the Ooni's coronation are done at Oke ora. It's public knowledge that Oke Ora is strongly connected to the Oduduwa personality

sounds like you're still on the same wild goose chase as you were before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba History Supported By DNA. The Eurasia connection by OPCNAIRALAND: 7:58pm On Dec 14, 2015
macof:

Im a new.comer.to these discussions and like ive told you before dont involve me in all that Egypotologist and Canaanite and Mecca and Mondiana nonsense....I just think though that we must not.close our minds to these talks, however craxy they may appear at first drop.

What im getting so far is this:

For every content in the Yoruba culture, rites of worship, deity and.cosmic belief a mirror image exist in two places, 1) in Yorubaland; 2) in Eurasia.

For each located in Yorubaland a corresponding cognate is found in Eurasia. Similarly for every concept and item of divinity or political practice linked in Eurasia, a matching pair is found in Yorubaland.

The challenge is which one of these two was the original home. There should be no argument at all on whether or not Yoruba had footprints in Eurasia....its a given! We should query which of the two was our sojourn and which is ancestral home.

I hope im correct.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kneeling Down For Your Husband Or Wife! / 'otuocha!' And The Mbaano People Of Imo State, Nigeria / Are Expensive Funerals Necessary?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.