Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:14 PM

Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) (24490 Views)

Injustice For Engineering Graduates, Corpers / Deleted / Stella Chinelo Emelife: UDUS Best Graduating Student And Injustice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by iykenex(m): 11:30am On Dec 12, 2015
My cousin had average score 286, JAMB score 262, PUTME score 310 yet couldn't secure admission for Med. Surg. After, she bought supplementary form #10,500 for another course, yet couldn't secure admission. Meanwhile those that their list came out had a lower average scores, in fact she scored above all them

Guys, is there anything I can do to protest against this act on her behalf and secure justice?
See pic below

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 12, 2015
Bad

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Nobody: 11:41am On Dec 12, 2015
This can actually secure her an admission if she takes it serious
Tweet @chamberlain maoupe and Suleiman of channelstv....tweet at Ben bruce
Attach the documents as you've done here...she must be given admission

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 12, 2015
Lalasticlala push this to Front page please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by sigidporte(m): 11:52am On Dec 12, 2015
absu is something else. If you dont know anyone there to push your cause, dont bother filling them. I had a similar issue with them years back and i was told to go and see the registra with small something. I couldnt and that was it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by meezynetwork(m): 11:55am On Dec 12, 2015
Injustice of the highest order. But is she from Abia state? If she is then, her admission is suppose to be certain.
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by kennydee05(m): 12:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
If a bonafide son of the soil can be denied admission,we need to reconsider our agitation for regional governance.

That's the main reason why agitation for Biafra is not the solution to viable economy progress.

Let's join hands together and work for the progress of Nigeria.

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Afam4eva(m): 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2015
The only reason could be if your cousin in not from Asia state but that reason is not solid considering what your cousin scored. That score would even secure an admission in some premier universities.

2 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by looseweight: 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by damton(m): 1:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
Nigeria Features
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by chimah3(m): 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Chaiiiiiiii
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
Absu?
The more you look, the less you see! grin

I really don't understand how this admission thing works anymore, someone would score high and won't get admission_ another would just sit on top the cut-off mark and appear on Merit list.

I think they favour indigenes a lot there, is she from Abia State?

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by bqlekan(m): 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
oga gan.. this issue of admission self.. one will hustle before getting admission, hustle hard to graduate with a good grade, hustle harder to gain employment... My advice: Just learn a trade while schooling.. I pray for a better future for us all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by ndufrank: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
She should not have bought the sup form in the first place,go to the school's admission office they will ractify the error.My fiancee at OAU had similar problem I went there and they corrected it
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by lonelydora: 1:18pm On Dec 12, 2015
You need to make it public. Contact NUC with your prove.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Idrismusty97(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
Afam4eva:
The only reason could be if your cousin in not from Abia state but that reason is not solid considering what your cousin scored. That score would even secure an admission in some premier universities.
So they too are practising Quota system? Not even to a different tribe but to their OWN tribe. Look at her name, She is clearly Igbo. I thought they brag about how everything about them is Merit? That was how the same Abia state i think deports workers that are non-indigenes. Just a few imaginary lines drawn on the tiny Southeast and they are already divided, And they want a country?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by HelpeeDeck(m): 1:19pm On Dec 12, 2015
i graduated from absu..i know all there procedures and ways...

1 Like

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by rhymaster: 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Only Ibos go to schools there?

2 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by IamChiboi(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Absu of all schools? Things dey happen lipsrsealed
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Elisean(m): 1:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
Vc or staff list overrides credible applicants

1 Like

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by chris4gold(m): 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
hmmm
Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by Badgers14: 1:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
iykenex:
My cousin had average score 286, JAMB score 262, PUTME score 310 yet couldn't secure admission for Med. Surg. After, she bought supplementary form #10,500 for another course, yet couldn't secure admission. Meanwhile those that their list came out had a lower average scores, in fact she scored above all them

Guys, is there anything I can do to protest against this act on her behalf and secure justice?
See pic below

Some one suggested you send out tweet to some people... Ben Bruce et al
I would add PMB and Osibanjo even Abia state governor if he has a tweeter account.. This is pure injustice and a shame to education in Nigeria angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by idolda: 1:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Very very wrong! Unfortunately hundreds of people have been victims of this, the admission process needs complete overhaul. For instance since everything is now CBT, the cut off marks and scores can be programmed such that immediately all candidates submit their Post-UTME test their grades and admission status can be displayed will go a long way in reducing this kind of bad practices in our institutions of ivory tower.

3 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by DJBIGGY(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
Admission of an issue in Nigeria is something one can lament over and over again... It is unfortunate that these schools lament students are unserious and do not take education seriously, they are one of the major causes for our brain drain. How can some people who are qualified to be in school be denied admission simply because they do not know people at the top and they rather give extremely under qualified people. Why won't the qualified ones lose hope and decide to cause havoc in our society. Their papa!!!

3 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by bonechamberlain(m): 1:24pm On Dec 12, 2015
welcome to Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Admission Injustice By ABSU (picture ) by sanbells(f): 1:25pm On Dec 12, 2015
This is so unfair. I've been through it. Was a very bitter experience

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Similar Everyday Words That Are Often Interchangeably Used Wrongly / AAUA Management Begs Staff To Endure Non-Payment Of Salary / Apart From English, Which Language Is More Useful Globally?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.