Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! (7554 Views)

Nigeria Lost N9t To Fuel Subsidy In Four Years,pdp Senators,reps. / Buhari & Osinbajo Said This About Fuel Subsidy In 2011 During GEJ Time(pics) / FG Will Not Remove Oil Subsidy In 2016 – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by presido1: 8:07pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
believe me I hate to quote you even as am typing this I may regret even quoting u later but pls kindly be informed that nigerians occupy the street in the protest of fuel subsidy removal during gej tenure is not because nigerians were against it! NO! Maybe u need to tune back ur tv to various news then pls get ur fact right majority of the protester even support the removal of the so called subsidy but they all av no other choice than to protest against it cus of jonathan fraud way of going about it and nigerians are not well equip or prepare for any hardship it will caused! Ehen don't be so shallow!
o Are Nigerians prepared now?

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by SonOfEl(m): 8:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
believe me I hate to quote you even as am typing this I may regret even quoting u later but pls kindly be informed that nigerians occupy the street in the protest of fuel subsidy removal during gej tenure is not because nigerians were against it! NO! Maybe u need to tune back ur tv to various news then pls get ur fact right majority of the protester even support the removal of the so called subsidy but they all av no other choice than to protest against it cus of jonathan fraud way of going about it and nigerians are not well equip or prepare for any hardship it will caused! Ehen don't be so shallow!

Shut up! You can't even lie well! Always trying in futility to save face.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Nobody: 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
I don't really like quoting you to tell you all this cause you're not making any point here except to justify your thiefing gej and his caboons' or tell me what's the essence of you bringing the previous subsidy protest into this ? Where as those that against the removal then have a standard allegation against it , I repeat! If APC embark on removing the fuel subsidy now is highly welcome and that will not make any sane nigerian to even think twice of seeing gej as the messiah

What was the standard allegation against it? Was it not the subsidy removal that led to the #ocupynigeria protest? Please tell yourself the truth, is it sane to be against it then and to support it now without admitting it was a good idea all along?

6 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by wiseoneking: 8:58pm On Dec 12, 2015
912:
If true it's a welcome development because some selfish fatcats have robbed this country blind all in the name of subsidy payments. Some of them even bring in vessels half filled with water and claim subsidy payments from the government. Wickedness in high places angry
Get ready to carry placard with bakare unless you are ósu. Where are the lousy labour, hope they will not get muted. Poor man will see green next yr as every thing sky rocked. I thank God i am very rich but care so much for you poor masses esp the youth.

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by wiseoneking: 9:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
Go and sit down you old man, i hate hypocrisy. Ask your Bakare again while he fought it.

4 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by rebranded(m): 10:21pm On Dec 12, 2015
Hiploko:
ode!!! APC building on GEJ's initiatives

See this dummy, removal of fuel subsidy is a GEJ initiative? even a 10 years knows it should be removed
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by coldFLARES1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 12, 2015
Now Nigeria means business!
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by bodejohn(m): 10:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
@ wiseoneking, if I remember correctly, only a few kicked against the complete removal of subsidy during Jonathan's regime.

The question then was how it suddenly grew overnight to become a monster that was gulping trillions of naira.

One other important factor was that crude was well above 100 dollars per barrel in 2012 and barely above 40 dollars now.

It is also not foolishness to kick against a policy 3years ago if circumstances surounding it was not well thought of or presented.

The truth now is that our survival as a nation depends on few things and subsidy removal is one of them.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2015
InLoveWithGod:

What was the standard allegation against it? Was it not the subsidy removal that led to the #ocupynigeria protest? Please tell yourself the truth, is it sane to be against it then and to support it now without admitting it was a good idea all along?
okay nau, you'll can rain cause and abuse like I care ? Fuel subsidy removal back then in 2012 was Gej initiative truly and what if gej go about it a normal or reputable way nigeria would have applaud him then but ask me what was gej plan to announce that kind of action on Jan 1st, is it not to kick out previous subsidy and initiate his own types of subsidy, I beg many of u to try watch all gej campaign through the whole protest if he really mean well for nigeria' even up till now nigerians can still throw tantrum on any govt that will want do it but majority of us may support it now cus we'll suffered already! It still won't make gej to be saint he's a thief.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by cococandy(f): 10:48pm On Dec 12, 2015
I remember the strikes and demonstrations that happened when Jonathan did this removal of fuel subsidy thing.
He was labeled the doom of Nigeria.
I laugh in Cantonese.

Hypocrites!!!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by cococandy(f): 10:53pm On Dec 12, 2015
How do you people sleep at night?

BRAV0O:

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Sweetguy25: 10:54pm On Dec 12, 2015
ahaz:
you are a family size goat

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 10:55pm On Dec 12, 2015
cococandy:
How do you people sleep at night?
sorry how do u mean ?
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by revolt(m): 10:59pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
one of the occupy ojota ediats, now realizing how stupid they we're in 2012, but trying to justify their seismic Idiocy back then.

Now because of their stupidity we we're taking back 3yrs, by now we should have about 4 private refineries fully wworking. Thats vs how u guys shouted change wth no clue.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 11:04pm On Dec 12, 2015
revolt:
one of the occupy ojota ediats, now realizing how stupid they we're in 2012, but trying to justify their seismic Idiocy back then.

Now because of their stupidity we we're taking back 3yrs, by now we should have about 4 private refineries fully wworking. Thats vs how u guys shouted change wth no clue.
u're not serious at all and believe you me I don't blame you cause ur brain need a serious hard reset, soory I don't negotiate business with a kid like you okay!

Look at his mouth like 4 private refineries, oh pls
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by revolt(m): 11:08pm On Dec 12, 2015
rebranded:

See this dummy, removal of fuel subsidy is a GEJ initiative? even a 10 years knows it should be removed
obviously u just finished ursef. U protested then....
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by revolt(m): 11:12pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
u're not serious at all and believe you me I don't blame you cause ur brain need a serious hard reset, soory I don't negotiate business with a kid like you okay!

It just pisses me off, im in the same country with, u occupy ojota buffoons..... if not why would I even banter with sub humanity.

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by revolt(m): 11:16pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
u're not serious at all and believe you me I don't blame @you cause ur brain need a serious hard reset, soory I don't negotiate business with a kid like you okay!

It just pisses me off, im in the same country with, u occupy ojota buffoons..... if not why would I even banter with sub humanity.

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by revolt(m): 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
u're not serious at all and believe you me I don't blame @you cause ur brain need a serious hard reset, soory I don't negotiate business with a kid like you okay!

Look at his mouth like 4 private refineries, oh

Subhumans

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 11:20pm On Dec 12, 2015
[quote author=revolt post=40950875][/quote] pls stop spamming my mention #ArtificialMumu!
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by obailala(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
ahaz:
if you call it a welcome development then tje apc has to appologise to the former administration for inciting nigerians against the last regime over a policy they latter embraced.
Stop letting ur sentiments confuse your sense of judgement and history. I suppose all the NLC strikes and protests that greeted Nigeria for days whenever OBJ topped pump prices by N10, in your wisdom all those protests were also incited by APC?....

A government announces it would remove subsidy in April, but turns around to remove it suddenly in January 1st and forcing pump prices to jump from N65 to over N140, and some humans actually think it was APC (which wasnt even born by 2012) that pushed multitudes of people to the streets?

A government opens its mouth and tells Nigerians that over 70% of the subsidy payments is stolen by a powerful cabal (which is made up of less than 50 people), and that since it cant punish the cabal, it was going to remove subsidy and punish 160million people instead. Nigerians take to the streets and here we are, some smart people in 2015 claim it was APC which was born in 2013 that forced Nigerians into the streets in protest in 2012?

We really need a psychological revival in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Sall(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
Sign of good things to come
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by revolt(m): 11:27pm On Dec 12, 2015
BRAV0O:
pls stop spamming my mention #ArtificialMumu!
nope u ediat, they're censoring my post.......subhuman
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 11:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
revolt:
nope u ediat, they're censoring my post.......subhuman
#okbye
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by BRAV0O(m): 11:32pm On Dec 12, 2015
obailala:
Stop letting ur sentiments confuse your sense of judgement and history. I suppose all the NLC strikes and protests that greeted Nigeria for days whenever OBJ topped pump prices by N10, in your wisdom all those protests were also incited by APC?....

A government announces it would remove subsidy in April, but turns around to remove it suddenly in January 1st and forcing pump prices to jump from N65 to over N140, and some humans actually think it was APC (which wasnt even born by 2012) that pushed multitudes of people to the streets?

A government opens its mouth and tells Nigerians that over 70% of the subsidy payments is stolen by a powerful cabal (which is made up of less than 50 people), and that since it cant punish the cabal, it was going to remove subsidy and punish 160million people instead. Nigerians take to the streets and here we are, some smart people in 2015 claim it was APC which was born in 2013 that forced Nigerians into the streets in protest in 2012?

We really need a psychological revival in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by obailala(m): 11:34pm On Dec 12, 2015
The funny thing about most of the Jonathan supporters who are opposed to this because they feel GEJ was cheated, most of these current GEJ supporters were actively involved in the protests in 2012. The only difference being that the Jonathanian fanaticism had not began as at 2012 January.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by HighQue007: 4:37am On Dec 13, 2015
emmasege:
Hypocrisy of Nigerians stinks to the heavens. I see many people in Nigeria may be less concerned how much fuel is sold in the event that subsidy is removed.
Wasn't this the same move that Jonathan wanted to make in 2012 that majority of Nigerians stood vehemently against it? Where are the 'OCCUPY NIGERIA' folks? When it comes to Buhari's policies, some Nigerians send their brain on holiday & swallow anything presented.

Yes that is because people can at least trust Buhari a bit. Nigerians cant trust GEJ with thier money..look at what happened to the arms money, what about Abacha recovered loot they all grew wings under him. what would have been the fate of the money meant for subsidy under his watch?

If subsidy removal is part of the sacrifice to make to make this country a better place then lets give it a try at least in scarcity we do buy it for over 150 per liter..The God that delievered Nigeria from GEJ and his blood sucking folks is still with Nigeria and i see everything getting better by the day...Peace

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by sunmike065(m): 6:01am On Dec 13, 2015
At times when I think of the way Nigerians think or reasons this days I feel like crying, even the educated once r d worst... if I may ask how much was crude oil sold when Jonathan was making a move to removing subsidy and what was the state of our economy them?...what was the state of our economy before jonathan left? Who is responsible for the downing of the economy? How? When economy is down how long does it last predictably? This r the questions those who av less idea about it should have ask GOOGLE to gather adequate informations and that would make you sensitive reasonable person in a public forum. As far as am concern when economy is down some strict decisions would av to be made in other to revive it back... why don't we all put aside our personal interest, ethnicity n all comes together as a Nigerians to face the reality or when jonathan was there did he pay ur school fee? Did he gives u good road? Did he gives u free medical? Did he gives u constant light? did he gives u security? Or even care about your welfare as a citizen of dis country? So y giving a f*ck about his lost? If Buhari repeat d samething we kick him out simple. Some people even comment on a post they have no clue or idea about just to condemn or shows how much they hate buhari or jonathan. For how long are we gonna continue that way? embarassed ... this politicians have injected us to an extent that you would even have some people supporting those who r accused of stealing money that would have impact u and I life if well spent.

Until that faithful day that we would all stand up as one in UNITY to say enough is enough in one voice.

May God help us.
Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Akon419(m): 6:14am On Dec 13, 2015
BRAV0O:
so you are now well equip or prepare as you said for the hardship ahead right? Zomby

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 13, 2015
Exploit200:
If this is true that means Buhari is a scammer. because he told we Nigerians that Jonathan was a lier that there is nothing like subsidy.
Don't mind our EXPATRIATE president.
He can't do that.
He wouldn't dare.

They frustrated GEJ'S effort, when he attempted such.
And called him INHUMAN.
PMB should expect the WORST protests next year.

Economy will cripple further

2 Likes

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by pedrilo: 7:29am On Dec 13, 2015
BRAV0O:
wat is dis one sayin? I thought he was abt makin a sensible comment. #senseless

1 Like

Re: Breaking!! No Fuel Subsidy In 2016 - Federal Government!! by DelGardo: 8:04am On Dec 13, 2015
Sweetguy25:
He dare not. . . The same excuses Nigerians gave against the removal of subsidy in 2012 still stands. There are no palliatives to cushion the effects of subsidy removal, its even worse now. Nigerians are now poorer, there is less liquidity in the economy and it is extremely to get foreign exchange. Deregulating the downstream sector will bring untold hardship to Nigerians.

We will protest!!

The 2016 budget provides for monthly stipends to most vulnerable Nigeirans. That's a major paliative measure.

Nigerians protested in 2012 because (as HighQue007 captured so well up there) they did not trust Jonathan, and current revelations on the wanton stealing he supervised indicates that the mistrust was justifiable.

After the partial removal of subsidy in 2012 Jonathan and his cohorts purchased about 1000 buses as a direct palliative intervention. That is less than 2 buses per local government! How does that ameliorate th suffering of the masses. Then there was Sure-P, which ended up being another controversial drain pipe.

Nevertheless you cannot prescribe the same medicine for malaria and cancer. The situation in 2012 and now are different. Oil revenue is down, we have a sincere president and even consumer product price levels have adjusted to a N140/ltr regime. Now most people will support subsidy removal. It has nothing to do with APC and PDP.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Battle Of Kukawa Between Nigeria Army And Boko Haram / Riot Breaks Out In Owerri / Nigerian Problems And Immediate Solution By Oluwaseyi Idowu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.