Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,042 members, 7,807,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? (6511 Views)

What Was The Craziest Thing Your Mom Caught You Doing? / 15 Funny Childhood Nostalgic Photos That Will Make You Feel Old. / Wives: Do You Feel Comfortable Initiating Sex In Your Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by oyinda3(f): 2:03am On Jun 04, 2009
I agree with Chiogo. It's easier with girls.  my mom would dress in front of me but depending on the situation I can feel either comfortable or uncomfortable I don't know how to explain it.

If she was already in the room, fine. But if she barges in without knocking, I so hate that.
exactly

OgidiBoy:

Oh no!! she was not going any where, in fact she sat on the bed and said she had sometime very important to discuss with me, am like mom can it wait till I'm dressed. That's when she got mad and just stormed out of the room.  angry

hehehehe ur in soup
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by No2Atheism(m): 2:07am On Jun 04, 2009
1. What exactly is it that you are hiding from your mom , grin grin grin shior.

2. What do you think you have that she has not yet seen, LOL grin grin grin grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Remii(m): 2:17am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

2. What do you think you have that she has not yet seen, LOL grin grin grin grin

I don't it is about hiding anything, it is about respect and parents should have respect for their children privacy too. If the child needs mum or dad to have a closer look on any unusual development on his or her body he would call her attention. but just barging in and stare is not too cool. The child could get used to that kind of behaviour and think it normal for adults to look at any junior's unclothedness until he or she gets to the hand of "wrong adult"
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:18am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

Is that not weired though. The last time my mom saw me naked was when I was in grade school. My body has changed a lot since then.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by No2Atheism(m): 2:23am On Jun 04, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Is that not weired though. The last time my mom saw me naked was when I was in grade school. My body has changed a lot since then.

Its now bushier and longer and fatter so what , give me a break.

Yes children need privacy and am sure parents adequately give that privacy, however its still their house and you can't expect them to always remember to knock the door.

Why do you yourself not always remember to lock the door yourself instead of blaming them for barging in unannounced.

By the way ladies you got those boobs from her genes so what exactly is it that you hiding from her.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by oyinda3(f): 2:24am On Jun 04, 2009
lmao Atheism, you're such an instigator
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 2:24am On Jun 04, 2009
@topic
Not really
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by OgidiBoy(m): 2:34am On Jun 04, 2009
No2Atheism:

Its now bushier and longer and fatter so what , give me a break.

Yes children need privacy and am sure parents adequately give that privacy, however its still their house and you can't expect them to always remember to knock the door.

Why do you yourself not always remember to lock the door yourself instead of blaming them for barging in unannounced.

By the way ladies you got those boobs from her genes so what exactly is it that you hiding from her.

Don't forget it's just just our body that changes when we get older, the way we look at things and the way we think also changes. Hey when I was

much younger I would run around the house naked and not care.

True it's my parent's house and if I need my privacy I should get my own place, but this is my room my little domain that needs to be respected

that's not too much to ask for.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jun 04, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Don't forget it's just just our body that changes when we get older, the way we look at things and the way we think also changes. Hey when I was

True it's my parent's house and if I need my privacy I should get my own place, but this is my room my little domain that needs to be respected

You have said it all
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by No2Atheism(m): 2:49am On Jun 04, 2009
oyinda.:

lmao Atheism, you're such an instigator

Kini mo se,  grin grin grin

OgidiBoy:

1. Get your own apartment

2. Otherwise keep your door locked behind you. It is your responsibility to keep your own borders closed and stop blaming the immigrants for crossing over.

3. Not doing either is just an act of crying foul, moreover sef if you can remember to lock the door when inserting pads/tampoon/masturbating/having sex/ or whatever is it u do in secret, then why the heck then is it that you can't remember to lock the door when u are naked in ur room.

4. If you still go around the house naked outside of your own room, then infact you deserve to be seen and laughed at.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Outstrip(f): 6:06am On Jun 04, 2009
Lock the door. If there is no lock then buy one and keep her out. My mom was so notorious with this. My dad bought locks for our doors when we were still in secondary school so we could keep our mom out. LOL. Your mom is just being a Nigerian mom. Sometimes they take it to a whole other level. She is just trying you. To see if you will have the guts to say anything or to show that she is still mommy and you are still her baby. You have to make mommy understand that you are a man
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by biina: 6:31am On Jun 04, 2009
ROTFLMAO grin grin grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by donjon: 8:26am On Jun 04, 2009
As grown as u are now, if u fall seriously ill, dat same mother will take ur bath for u! So watz the big deal?
Dis is d first time am hearing dis.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by biina: 10:23am On Jun 04, 2009
Had a friend in college who required surgery on his testicles.
He had to be shaved clean by one of the elderly nurses, and became embarrassed when he developed an erection during the process  grin
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by biola44: 3:04pm On Jun 04, 2009
biina:

Had a friend in college who required surgery on his testicles.
He had to be shaved clean by one of the elderly nurses, and became embarrassed when he developed an erection during the process grin

waiting 4 part 2! grin

@poster: hope u r not attached 2 her apron strings!
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by gascoign1(m): 12:24am On Oct 28, 2011
As adults we need our privacy!
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Dede1(m): 11:38am On Oct 28, 2011
@OP

You should go apologize to your mother for such despicable act of stupidity for ordering her out of your room because your useless manliness has not developed yet. If any woman is qualified to see you unclad, I guess it is your mother.

If you fall sick suddenly to a point you could not bath yourself, who do you think will be responsible for giving you a bath? When you go to hospital for certain illness, nurses you do not know from hell will grab your silly manliness as if it is a microphone talk less your mother.

I am not saying you should form a habit of exposing your unclad body to your mother or sisters but it not a big a deal if your mother or sister unknowingly bash into you while naked.

It is unfortunate Africans are foolishly drowning themselves in Europeans social madness.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 28, 2011
Dede1:

@OP
You should go apologize to your mother for such despicable act of stupidity for ordering her out of your room because your useless manliness has not developed yet. If any woman is qualified to see you unclad, I guess it is your mother.
If you fall sick suddenly to a point you could not bath yourself, who do you think will be responsible for giving you a bath? When you go to hospital for certain illness, nurses you do not know from hell will grab your silly manliness as if it is a microphone talk less your mother.
I am not saying you should form a habit of exposing your unclad body to your mother or sisters but it not a big a deal if your mother or sister unknowingly bash into you while Unclad.
It is unfortunate Africans are foolishly drowning themselves in Europeans social madness.

Your response is nothing short of rude. Ogidi has the right to express how he feels. You have the right to what you feel comfortable with, but attempting to force your views upon others is wrong. Why does Ogidi have to apologise to his mother, because he expressed his discomfort at her entering his room, whilst he was undressing?

And I don't get the reference to European versus African traits. My parents respected our privacy whilst we were growing up, and would not barge into our bedrooms without knocking. On the same issue, not all European parents respect their children's privacy. I'd go as far as saying Caucasians are most likely to let it all hang out, if Nudist Camps are anything to go by.

It's not about European or African, it's more about individuals and what they feel comfortable with.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Dede1(m): 8:49pm On Oct 28, 2011
Siena:

Your response is nothing short of rude. Ogidi has the right to express how he feels. You have the right to what you feel comfortable with, but attempting to force your views upon others is wrong. Why does Ogidi have to apologise to his mother, because he expressed his discomfort at her entering his room, whilst he was undressing?

And I don't get the reference to European versus African traits. My parents respected our privacy whilst we were growing up, and would not barge into our bedrooms without knocking. On the same issue, not all European parents respect their children's privacy. I'd go as far as saying Caucasians are most likely to let it all hang out, if Nudist Camps are anything to go by.

It's not about European or African, it's more about individuals and what they feel comfortable with.

I usually do not engage people who preach a certain standard and act in an opposite fashion. As you referenced OgidiBody’s right to express how he feels, I have the same right to express how I feel to the post. Do you not think so?

Please go reread OgidiBoy’s post carefully and you will notice where OgidiBoy posed a question about apologizing to his mother. I did not say anything about trait but nonsensical reference of respect for privacy. Parents, as long as their kids live under their roof, have every right to know what their wards are doing behind closed doors.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by nettan: 9:49pm On Oct 29, 2011
A sensible Dad will excuse his daughter when dressing up,  the same should apply to mums too
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 29, 2011
nettan:

A sensible Dad will excuse his daughter when dressing up,  the same should apply to mums too

Thank you. Good to see someone seeing things from both sides, and objectively too.
Re: Do You Feel Comfortable Undressing In Front Of Your Mom ? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 29, 2011
Dede1:

I usually do not engage people who preach a certain standard and act in an opposite fashion. As you referenced OgidiBody’s right to express how he feels, I have the same right to express how I feel to the post. Do you not think so?

Please go reread OgidiBoy’s post carefully and you will notice where OgidiBoy posed a question about apologizing to his mother. I did not say anything about trait but nonsensical reference of respect for privacy. Parents, as long as their kids live under their roof, have every right to know what their wards are doing behind closed doors.

Expressing an opinion is one thing, being abusive whilst trying to get you point across is quite a different thing. I'm sure if you go through your previous post, you'll see that your words are verbally abusive:

Dede1:

@OP

I am not saying you should form a habit of exposing your unclad body to your mother or sisters but it not a big a deal if your mother or sister unknowingly bash into you while Unclad.

Just one thing - are you an advocate of a father, walking unannounced into lets say, his 16-year-old daughter's room whilst she's undressing?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cohabiting Boyfriend Proposed To Marry His Arab Student. / Photo Of The Day! Triplet Girls Shows Off Swag. / Brangelina Say 4 Year Old Daughter 'transgender' (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.