Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,224 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student (36003 Views)

Death Of OAU Best Graduating Student Announced On Convocation Day / CGPA Of OAU Best Graduating Engineering Students From 1987 / Cybermetrics Ranks OAU Best Varsity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Davo93(m): 12:38pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ewetola Michael Adeboye, 23, is the overall best graduating student of the Obafemi Awolowo University in the 2013/2014 academic session, having finished with a CGPA of 4.85 from the Department of Mathematics. He tells OAU Peeps News Agency in an exclusive interview about what it took him to come on top.

Can we meet you sir?
My name is Ewetola Michael Adeboye, a graduate of the Department of Mathematics. I hail from Oyo state.

You were pronounced the overall best graduating student during this year's convocation. What CGPA did you graduate with?

Wow... That's awesome. When you wanted to enter the university, did you choose Mathematics?
Sure, it was my first and second choice.

So you mean you wanted to study Mathematics? Why were you passionate about Mathematics?
I just like it and I find it interesting.

What was your prior performance in Mathematics relative to other subjects especially during your secondary school days?
It was excellent just like the other subjects too but I enjoyed mathematics the most.

This suggest your excellent performance did not just begin. When did you start leading your class?
I started leading my class right from my Primary school.

Did you take any decision as a fresh student then that helped you in the course of your study?
Not really, it has always been my habit to give my best to whatever I do.

That’s impressive. One would naturally think you are a genius or that it runs in the family?
Yes

Did you hear stories about Obafemi Awolowo University that could be discouraging when you resumed school?
Yes, I heard of how in Obafemi Awolowo University, you will have to read to have an F.

So what was your reaction to this?
I was not scared. I also met some of my senior colleagues who counselled me that smart work and not just hard work is all I need to get my desired grade in any course.

Was it in your plan to be the best graduating student when you got admission?
No, but I started considering its possibility when I was in Part two because my Part one results were encouraging and I felt that if I could step up my game, I may emerge as the Best Graduating Student, but it was not really my target, I just want have a good understanding of my course.

What was your CGPA in Part 1?

What was your lowest grade?
E

What was your reaction to this when you saw the result?
A little bit disappointed but not too bothered because it was a Special Elective course.

How many hours did you invest in sleeping and studying per day?
I read for an average of 3 hours and sleep for about 7 hours per day during weekdays while the reading hour during weekends is about 7 hours.

Were you involved in any extracurricular activities?
Yes, I was a Departmental Representative Council (DRC) member in my Part 2, the Academic Committee chairman of my department in Part 4 and I was also involved in fellowship activities.

Which fellowship did you attend on campus?
Baptist Students’ Fellowship (BSF).

At what point did you know you would be the best graduating student?
It was in my Part 3 when I had A's in all my courses.

Wow... How did you feel when you got to know you graduated as the best student?
I was happy and grateful to God.

Apart from being the Best Graduating Student, you won other prizes, what are they?
I received five prizes ranging from departmental to faculty and the university prize.

1. Professor A. F. Oluwole Faculty prize for the best graduating student with the highest CGPA in the Faculty of Science
2. Tola Olukilede prize for the best graduating student in the Faculty of Science
3. Professor(Chief) Reuben Olafenwa Ayeni memorial prize for the graduating student with the best all round performance in Bsc Mathematics program
4. Ife North local government prize for the best student in the department of Mathematics
5. Tola Olakilede Agent of change prize for the final year student in the university with the highest cumulative grade point

What is your advice to the current crop of undergraduates especially the fresh ones among them?
I implore them not just to work hard but work smart, prioritize understanding of every course over grades and avoid cramming at all cost even as you develop a habit of consistent studying.

Have you received any job offer since you graduated as a result of your sterling performance?
Not yet.

Congratulations once again Michael and we appreciate you for your time, what is your words to the OAU Peeps crew?
I have been seeing your posts on Facebook before now. Keep up the good job.

www.oaupeeps.com/2015/12/meet-ewetola-michael-oaus-best.html

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by boboLIL(m): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
congrats

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Davo93(m): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2015
cc: lalastica Seun fynestboi
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Oxytocin(m): 12:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Nice
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by hulkhiharitoz(m): 1:45pm On Dec 13, 2015
Beta pikin grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by KoladeKoded(m): 3:28pm On Dec 13, 2015
...and He graduated from the department of mathematics Bravo!! Nice one

10 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Fynestboi: 3:54pm On Dec 13, 2015
Lmao special elective.... grin

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by adeshola1(m): 4:00pm On Dec 13, 2015
wow!!! the guy is good ooo

when I'm thinking abt MTH 102 for here...he get A's throughout... I must get A too...thanks Micheal for ur encouragement

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Fynestboi: 4:44pm On Dec 13, 2015
Igi iwe

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by younghartz(m): 4:49pm On Dec 13, 2015
Heheheheh this guy na brain grin congratulation bro Book are for some people Money is just my thing... My idea,my opinion tho

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Richiez(m): 5:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
Nice! cool
fast forward to...
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by youngguru23(m): 5:39pm On Dec 13, 2015
Oya make i tap ur brain
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by ClassCaptain(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
Oseh Scolar
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by PresVA: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
He go sabi maths die!

Congrats. ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by allanphash7(m): 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
In department of mathematics ?

Haaa

I'm sure this guy is a virgin

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by jamalsky: 6:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
Good
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by largehead: 6:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
head boy

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by RICHARD50N: 6:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
Hard works pays, but with prayers NB God shows mercy to who he wants to show.

2 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
I don't envy him one bit undecided people that changed the world with inventions and innovations did not graduate in school nor finish as best student yet their impact is felt worldwide. His academic success is driven by hunger. Hunger to finish school, get a good job and start earning salaries. RUbbish undecided

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by nduchucks: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Instead of the journalist asking this guy whether he has been admited for graduate studies, he is asking whether he has received a job offer. mumu

3 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Yinkatolu: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Name checkers food don land o
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
Wow, interesting & motivating.

Happy for the bro....
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by nduchucks: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
irunoobo:
undecided

whick kind username be dis na?

8 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by WIZGUY69(m): 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
The guy though grin He really looks like maths. cool

11 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Electronzeez(m): 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
I love this
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by Bollinger(m): 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
nduchucks:
Instead of the journalist asking this guy whether he has been admited for graduate studies, he is asking whether he has received a job offer. mumu

Just because you wan read book die no mean say another person wan do same.

4 Likes

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by tola9ja: 6:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
A nation is dead that has the likes of Dasuki-Diezani-Dokposi-Doyin as ancestors

1 Like

Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by samiyel: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
dx was ma most dreaded course.... jux like d name implies.... it mkx me wanna go MADt
Re: Meet Ewetola Michael, OAU's Best Graduating Student by examhall3: 6:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
First Class na Job?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Teacher Tortures 10-Year-Old Boy In Ogun For Not Doing His Homework (pic) / Dam At Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria (video, Photos) / Can I Be Admitted With This Kind Of Result For Computer Science?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.