Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,304 members, 7,808,032 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

African American Movies - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / African American Movies (9910 Views)

Mention the 5 Best American Movies You've Seen This Year So Far / Wich Do You Prefer: Nigerian Or American Movies? / Download American movies on laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African American Movies by mohawkchic(f): 3:22am On Apr 25, 2009
~I Like Urban Movies! Comedy:Action/Drama/Stand-Up/Sketches ~Drama~ Thriller ~Family & Children~

~"Soulfood" is To Date My Fav. Urban Movie . . .Yeah I Have Seen "Diary Of A Mad Black Woman" . .I'd Rate It 4*

~Romantic Comedy Makes My Night In W/ Galfriends Such A Great Laff . . . We Drool On Abs . . .Laff Our Arses Off At The D-R-A-M-A  & Bend Some Elbows!!

Re: African American Movies by Hauwa1: 2:06pm On Apr 25, 2009
Mohawkchic, you are right, the drama is kiss grin
Re: African American Movies by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:12pm On Apr 25, 2009
what drama? always some melodramatic mess.

Cant stand them.
Re: African American Movies by mohawkchic(f): 7:31pm On Apr 25, 2009
~If I can Watch Part 1~2~3 of Some Naija Movies,I'll take Melodramatic Urban Movies Anyday grin
Re: African American Movies by SeanT21(f): 7:55pm On May 01, 2009
I love the classic AA films better than those SOUL PLANE crap.

**A Raisin In The Sun
** The Color Purple
**White Men Cant Jump
**Malcom X
**Do The Right thing
**Mo Better Blues
**Jungle Fever
**Inside Man
**Miracle at St. Anna
**Cry Freedom
**Antwonne Fisher
**Remember The Titans
**John Q
**The Great Debaters
**American Gangster
**Friday

Just to name a few classics!!
Re: African American Movies by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 28, 2009
A Raisin in the Sun wasnt half bad. Just watched it.

The usual sad story (bane of black people unfortunately sad), but good acting.

However, it does bring to mind the question of societal vs personal responsibility.

and the story the movie is based on, is even sadder.
Re: African American Movies by omar22(m): 1:47pm On Jul 30, 2009
John Q is not an African/American movie! the leading roles was played by African / American family, but the storyline is about medical insurance's in America as whole
Re: African American Movies by ijawgirl: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2010
Motives 1/2
Best man

big fan of AA movies
Re: African American Movies by tpiah: 4:35am On Aug 25, 2010
watched Trois 2 which got generally bad reviews, but the movie is actually interesting if you start watching it towards the middle, like i did.

i didnt see the steamy parts but there were enough references to them later on in the film, to figure out what happened.

quite a few plot twists.

fornication can be so dangerous sha.

dont want to get into coloring here but i do wonder what's going on in hollywood.

oboaks:

For me ,i think i like African American movie because ,it really brings out the "Blackmans Gift" and most especially,the African culture/pride. For instance ,the Cinderella where Whitney Houston,Brandy & Whoopy Goldberg feature,i really love that movie, and do you no I'll do anything to get that movie,please any one that has that film should please contact me.

cinderella was a great movie, i agree.

i dont have the film but i saw it long ago.

anyway, your post was years back.
Re: African American Movies by tpia5: 4:19am On Jul 05, 2011
dont usually watch ice cube movies [cant seem to connect], but i watched Bleep and it was a bit manageable.

too much violence as usual, but great supporting actors and kind of james bond-ish/men in black storyline.

learnt the black leading lady was marvin gaye's daughter but didnt see anything risque besides the tight outfit.
Re: African American Movies by tpia5: 4:09pm On Mar 19, 2013
Latoya: have u seen BEAUTY SHOP?

seen it, i must say, the white guy [kevin bacon] was a riot.

switching from the fake french accent back to his normal american one, has to be one of the funniest plot twists ever.

he was so snotty too.
Re: African American Movies by tpia5: 5:02pm On Mar 19, 2013
Re: African American Movies by em19em6: 6:52pm On Oct 28, 2019
Naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Is The "Contains Flash Photography" Warning Important In Some News Bulletin? / Movies With The Most Surprising/twisted Endings / Gulder Ultimate Search Soundtrack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.