Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It (1307 Views)

I Have Property Worth 20million And Needs A Loan Of 5million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 9:27am On Dec 14, 2015
modified
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by Cholls(m): 9:29am On Dec 14, 2015
My brother build an estate.

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by Cholls(m): 9:29am On Dec 14, 2015
My brother buy a filling station.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by tellwisdom: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2015
Peanut undecided...If you buy one new car, money don finish.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 9:32am On Dec 14, 2015
Cholls:
My brother buy a filling station.
Is this market not saturated already?
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2015
Cholls:
My brother build an estate.
Cost of land in a good area will take all d funds.

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by Khd95(m): 9:40am On Dec 14, 2015
1 Go into agriculture,it doesnt cost much neither would it stop u frm furthering ur education
2 donate it to ophange/the needytongue
3 go into real estate
4 go with ur first option

the ball is in ur court,cheers
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 9:43am On Dec 14, 2015
Khd95:
1 Go into agriculture,it doesnt cost much neither would it stop u frm furthering ur education
2 donate it to ophange/the needytongue
3 go into real estate
4 go with ur first option

the ball is in ur court,cheers

Thank you.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by Eyop: 9:51am On Dec 14, 2015
I will suggest the option 2.

You can still school(Part time) and do your business in Nigeria despite the challenges being faced here in the country. If you don't have any knowledge about business,i will suggest you start small and grow from there and not to invest the whole amount. I would have suggested importation but the exchange rate will mess things up for you.

You may consider:

(a) Bakery
(b) Bottle/Sachet water manufacturing company (This will require Nafdac registration)
(c) A good restaurant (many don't joke with their stomach & are willing to spend to get a decent meal)
(d) Agriculture is also good

Etc...
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2015
Eyop:
I will suggest the option 2.

You can still school(Part time) and do your business in Nigeria despite the challenges being faced here in the country. If you don't have any knowledge about business,i will suggest you start small and grow from there and not to invest the whole amount. I would have suggested importation but the exchange rate will mess things up for you.

You may consider:

(a) Bakery
(b) Bottle/Sachet water manufacturing company (This will require Nafdac registration)
(c) A good restaurant (many don't joke with their stomach & are willing to spend to get a decent meal)
(d) Agriculture is also good

Etc...
I don't want to school in Nigeria.
That's the problem with my option 2.

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:05am On Dec 14, 2015
You can start an Architectural firm if you have a passion for Architecture.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 10:10am On Dec 14, 2015
JeffreyJamez:

I do, but I need more education
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by Eyop: 10:11am On Dec 14, 2015
NoLuvLost:

I don't want to school in Nigeria.
That's the problem with my option 2.

If you don't consider schooling in Nigeria,then go with Option 1. Invest that money in Real Estate & travel abroad with your husband. I won't suggest setting up a business in Nigeria & not supervising it.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:14am On Dec 14, 2015
NoLuvLost:

I do, but I need more education

Is more education really necessary?..... I mean,you have an HNd in Architecture, isn't that enough?... forget about University education and get into the field.. that's where the best education is.....just my advice tho.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by infofta(m): 10:49am On Dec 14, 2015
Give part of the money to your husband to start business while you do your school thing here. He can go into haulage business and importation of used auto parts. The market is there for this business. Do you know the cost of living and studying oversea? That money may not be huge as you think as I have lived outside Nigeria. Study oversea if you have additional means of income.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by mickey45: 11:13pm On Dec 14, 2015
Eyop:

If you don't consider schooling in Nigeria,then go with Option 1. Invest that money in Real Estate & travel abroad with your husband. I won't suggest setting up a business in Nigeria & not supervising it.

@ OP, you could use your HND knowledge along with some professional advice to seek out high-potential real estate picks. Even if only for buy and hold positions, then go round up your studies abroad.

By the time you're done and back, you'd have something substantial to finance/ start up whatever plans you've decided on by then.

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by rev2214(m): 11:35pm On Dec 14, 2015
Such is life. Some people with idea but no sponsor, other with money no idea lol. The Holy Spirit will guide our step. https://www.nairaland.com/2768589/everything-7k-less

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by MrMcJay(m): 12:44am On Dec 15, 2015
When the man with money meets the man with experience, the man with money gets the experience and the man with experience gets the money.

I don't know your risk appetite, but if I got something like that, I'll seek out and buy buy an old bungalow in Lagos with government title. I'll then use the documents to secure a bank loan. The loan would be used to build a block of 3-bedroom flats. These flats would be sold to prospective clients at a price enough to offset the loan and make almost double the initial investment.

I don't know how much time you have to supervise these, but I'll suggest the following.

1. Lease an open space by the road and use it for a car wash outfit. Within the same space, you can establish a laundry n drycleaning outfit also. This would bring in daily income.

2. Buy tricycles and lease them out on hire purchase with returns to be made weekly. This would guarantee you weekly income.

3. Also, seek out cheap lands WITH GOVERNMENT TITLE and buy in acres and hold it for a while. Prepare a layout of the land as an estate and sell it in plots.

Be very wary of get rich schemes as well as persons seeking you to hand your funds over to them to control on your behalf.

5 Likes

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by poshestmina(f): 5:36am On Dec 15, 2015
Buy as much landed properties as possible..

1 Like

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by PLANETMARS(m): 9:36am On Dec 15, 2015
Put that money in a fixed deposit account. Gtb wud give u 6% or skye bank 11%.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by thelifechangers: 10:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Hello madam,
There are some certain things you need to know or ask yourself before you choose any of the options

1-What do you want in life? Money+Good life with family or pursuing career

2-Can my kids inherit my certificate or my investment?

3-You need to learn about successful people,what did they do, which make them become successful(2face,bill gate,mark,linda ikeji e.t.c

4-Between your career and potentials, which one is likely to give you prosperity?

5-Do you want money to work for you or you want to work for money

All the best

3 Likes

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by caesaraba(m): 10:43am On Dec 15, 2015
Above all, be careful not to fall prey to those who'll swoop in on this thread with wild tales seeking to corner a portion of your money to their pockets. When you decide what it is you want to do with the money, be ready to delegate some cash and time to get professional training on said line of business. (Don't go in blindly). With your financial base, there's a lot of money you can make. Just sit on it for a while longer while you explore all available options (DON'T RUSH). Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 11:47am On Dec 15, 2015
modified
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by NoLuvLost: 6:42am On Nov 29, 2018
JeffreyJamez:
thanks much.
Re: If You Have 20million, What Would You Do With It by Ademat7(m): 8:28am On Nov 29, 2018
Use the money to create multiple platform
Like video studio, photostudio
E-learning platform
Blog or forum
Freelancing center + hostel accommodation

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Hitv Failed - Toyin Subair (former CEO) / "Anambra Factory Factory, Imo Hotel Hotel", How True Is This? / In Search Of A Courier Service Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.