Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group (40465 Views)

IPOB: Chidoka Slams South-East Governors, Rejects Army’s Terrorism Tag On Group / Crackdown On Corrupt Judges: How BVN Gave Out Suspects’ Hidden Cash-the Vanguard / Financial Times calls Nigeria's economic approach the height of foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Rednaxelot: 9:33am On Dec 14, 2015

Following last Saturday’s violent clash between the Nigerian Army and members of the Muslim sect, Shiite, in Zaria, Kaduna State, Iran has called on Nigerian authorities to respect religious figures and sites.

Protesting members of the Shiite sect

“Nigeria… is now dealing with problems arising from extremism and Takfiri terrorism and we hope that in these conditions preservation of calm and national unity in battling terrorism is prioritized while rash and unconstructive measures are avoided,” IRNA quoted Iran’s Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hossein Jaber-Ansari as saying on Sunday.

Jaber-Ansari expressed sorrow over the recent bloody clashes, which broke out between Muslim worshipers and government troops, Weekend.
Nigerian forces raided the home of the leader of the Islamic Movement of Nigeria, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky, and arrested him after reportedly killing several of those protecting him including one of the group’s senior leaders, its spokesman, son and wife.

Since El-Zakzaky was arrested by the Nigerian troops, his fate has remained unknown.
However, since Saturday’s violent clash, there has been war of words between the Nigerian Army and the sect, over who instigated the clash that led to the dead of members of the movement.

While the Army is accusing the Shiite followers of attempting to assassinate Nigeria’s Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, the Islamic movement said soldiers simply decided to attack “defenseless people.”

A statement by the Army spokesperson, Sani Usman, said Shite members barricaded the road Mr. Buratai’s motorcade was passing to pay homage on the Emir of Zazzau, and also attend a review parade by 73 Regular Recruit Intake at the Nigerian Army Depot in Zaria.

Usman said all entreaties to get the sect members to steer clear of the federal highway, met strong resistance.
But in a swift counter-reaction, the El-zakzaky-led Shiite sect, said the Army spokesperson was lying.

A statement signed by Isak K and posted on the website of the sect, said the claim that the COAS “narrowly escaped assassination as a result of attack from Muslim brothers and Sisters of the Islamic Movement is a blatant lie.”
The statement said Mr. Usman’s claim “raises series of questions in the mind of right thinking people.”

It said members of the movement who were unarmed were gathered for a ceremony at their Husainiyyah base, to change the flag on the dome of the building to herald the beginning of the month of Rabiul /Auwal- the birth month of the Prophet of Islam, Prophet Muhammad.

“Any excuse given by the military as reason for besieging Hussainiyyah and firing for hours, leading to the death of yet to be specified number of people, is considered a lie of the decade,” the movement said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/iran-calls-nigeria-to-stop-crackdown-on-shiites/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Hefemale: 9:39am On Dec 14, 2015
Iran too want join?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Idrismusty97(m): 9:39am On Dec 14, 2015
I was expecting this.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Pavore9: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2015
l was expecting this as this sect is funded by them!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by phyllosilicate(m): 9:45am On Dec 14, 2015
Iran should face front jor.

Why would shites has to block the road that COAS is passing? Na so them get mind. A friend in kaduna told me that they would just block roads during the processing and fear wouldnt allow any body to pass.

And why did the shite leader resist arrest? The people that were protecting him from soldiers arrest na them kill themselves. The shite leader is not a president in Nigeria, he is not above the law.

Iran should know that Nigeria is not Lebanon where the shite head is more powerful than the president and has his own standing army.

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Trut(m): 9:53am On Dec 14, 2015
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked ask again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again grin grin

266 Likes 38 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Macelliot(m): 9:58am On Dec 14, 2015
Hefemale:
Iran too want join?
Iran is the headquarter of Shiite muslims...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by dunkem21(m): 9:59am On Dec 14, 2015
grin Akpos don kill me with laughter .. grin

We don't talk much again these days, .. just read the last paragraph slowly, deeply and solemnly ..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by CyberTerrorist: 10:00am On Dec 14, 2015
Kill them all...We celebrate their killings just the way other Nigerians here celebrated the killing of protesting Igbos in Onitsha some days ago..NA more bullet to your AKs as your decimate this follish northerners..They voted for changi, let them enjoy it. Una never see something grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by CyberTerrorist: 10:03am On Dec 14, 2015
Just look at the way they are terrorizing umu chineke here grin..But at the end, anyi ga enwe mmeri cool

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Hefemale: 10:05am On Dec 14, 2015
Macelliot:
Iran is the headquarter of Shiite muslims...
Oh, I thought the headquarter of Islam is Saudi. Is their beliefs different?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Hefemale: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2015
Trut:
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked ask again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion is even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again grin grin
Now this is hilarious! lmao

23 Likes

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Macelliot(m): 10:15am On Dec 14, 2015
Hefemale:

Oh, I thought the headquarter of Islam is Saudi. Is their beliefs different?

Sunnis are followers of Aisha(muhammed's wife) while Shiites are followers of Ali(muhammed's son inlaw)...

Sunni headquarter is in Saudi arabia, while Shiite headquarter is in Iran...

The problem started on who will suceed muhammed after his death.. This lead to a deadly war between the two muslim fraction since 1500yrs ago till now...
As of now, they(muslims) have divided into 72 different sect..

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Hefemale: 10:20am On Dec 14, 2015
Macelliot:

Sunnis are followers of Aisha(muhammed's wife) while Shiites are followers of Ali(muhammed's uncle)...

The problem started on who will suceed muhammed after his death.. This lead to a deadly war between the two muslim fraction since 1500yrs ago till now...
Thanks brother, I was thinking they are one. Are you a Muslim?

1 Like

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Macelliot(m): 10:24am On Dec 14, 2015
Hefemale:
Thanks brother, I was thinking they are one. Are you a Muslim?
Nope!

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Macelliot(m): 10:25am On Dec 14, 2015
Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by xkris11(m): 10:35am On Dec 14, 2015
We re in trouble

2 Likes

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Macelliot(m): 10:36am On Dec 14, 2015
Another terror group in the making....

* ISIS(Iraq & Syria)

* Hamas(Palestine)

* Al-Nusra (Syria & Lebanon)

* Al-Qaeda(Pakistan/Arabia)

* Al-Shabbab(Somalia)

* Boko-Haram (Nigeria)

* Talliban(Afganistan)

* Ansar-Al-Sharia (Libya)

* Jumaat Ansar-al-sunna(Iraq)

* Hezbollah(Lebanon)

* Muslim brotherhood (Egypt)

* Ansar Dine (Mali) e.t.c

They are all product of the 'religion of peace'.

153 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by babasanti: 10:40am On Dec 14, 2015
I'm happy buhari can attack the north too. Now let the northern leaders condemn him like dey did to ihejerika. The wicked shall No NO peace

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 14, 2015
Macelliot:

Sunnis are followers of Aisha(muhammed's wife) while Shiites are followers of Ali(muhammed's uncle)...

Can you just imagine? If only there was no religion, the world would have been a garden of earthly delights.

Islam:- Who was Mohammed? A brigand, a thief and a child molesting pedophile.

Christianity:- Who was Jesus? An ugly son of a prostitute, transformed into a superman by the Romans through mind boggling lies.

Judaism:- Who was Yahweh? A despotic terrorist from planet Nibiru.

Let this world end, so that everybody can rest.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Mightymanna(m): 11:00am On Dec 14, 2015
iran is looking for trouble they specialize in destabilizing other countries.but the Nigerian army should please stop this crackdowns on Shiites,you cant just killed innocent citizens and destroy their headquarters this is getting serious the president as a matter of fact should address this problem because this is exactly how bokoharam started.we have had enough of this religious stuff please let peace reign in our region haba

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by fastestfinger: 11:06am On Dec 14, 2015
phyllosilicate:
Iran should face front jor.

Why would shites has to block the road that COAS is passing? Na so them get mind. A friend in kaduna told me that they would just block roads during the processing and fear wouldnt allow any body to pass.

And why did the shite leader resist arrest? The people that were protecting him from soldiers arrest na them kill themselves. The shite leader is not the a president in Nigeria, he is not above the law.

Iran should know that Nigeria is not Lebanon were the shite head is more powerful than the president and has his own standing army.
pls, just shut up already...your emotional outbursts is devoid of any logic whatsoever. What do you have to say about the sunnis that block major roads during their prayers and ceremonies?

Don't be a hypocrite!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Macelliot(m): 11:07am On Dec 14, 2015
Zoharariel:

Can you just imagine? If only there was no religion, the world would have been a garden of earthly delights.

Christianity:- Who was Jesus? An ugly son of a prostitute, transformed into a superman by the Romans through mind boggling lies.

An who are you?
Educated illiterate?

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by phyllosilicate(m): 11:36am On Dec 14, 2015
fastestfinger:
pls, just shut up already...your emotional outbursts is devoid of any logic whatsoever. What do you have to say about the sunnis that block major roads during their prayers and ceremonies?

Don't be a hypocrite!
Guy abeg no vex, when next the COAS is passing a road go and block it.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by stillchris: 11:59am On Dec 14, 2015
Zoharariel:

dey there dey form bad guy. na when witches and wizards don use you share party rice finish, nobody go force am from your mouth sey jesus is lord

136 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by ProfessorPeter(m): 12:09pm On Dec 14, 2015
Trut:
funny. Are you 'Ekpa' ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by chynie: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
aha iran soon ISIS will come shocked

buhari buhari buhari how many times did i call u

1 Like

Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by braine(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
They should call their people to order.
Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by Firefire(m): 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
Interesting...
Re: Shiites: Iran Calls Nigeria To Stop Crackdown On Group by rexbuton: 12:11pm On Dec 14, 2015
to what end?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Benue Killings: Your Observations Are Incorrect - PMB Tells Saraki / Epic Photo Of The Day: Buhari And Obasanjo As Young Soldiers / Common Lies Nigerians Tell Themselves About Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.