Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,078 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Some Ladies And Ingratitude - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Ladies And Ingratitude (1760 Views)

Could This Be The Reason Men Disrespect And Degrade Some Ladies. / Who Else Has Experienced This? why do some ladies act this way? / Some Ladies And Their "Come And Take Me Out Syndrome" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Ladies And Ingratitude by laprince(m): 1:50am On Dec 15, 2015
A similar thread made me remember this particular story, back then as a student in higher institution.

I closed from classes one afternoon. As usual, a couple of friends and I were retuning to our rooms. Just by the school gate, some persons used to sell clothes, jewelleries and writing materials (before the school stopped them).

There was this particular Hausa man that sells watches under a mango tree. When my friends and I got to the mango tree, we decided to wait for another of our friends. So that we would walk home together, since we stayed close.

Then we noticed a girl who was bargaining the price of a wristwatch. She had just #300 (three hundred Naira), which was not enough to purchase the watch. However, she had been able to beat the price down to #800(eight hundred Naira). She was visibly in love with the watch, even though she could not afford it. She still stayed back trying to beg for a price reduction. It still did not work.

Just then, a boy came to the same vendor, picked up something and paid for it. On seeing how much the girl wanted to have the wristwatch, he gave the balance of #500 (five hundred Naira) directly to the vendor. The girl thanked him. Then he walked away. (He didn't ask for the girl's name or phone number).

Just as the girl was about paying the balance of #300(three hundred Naira) , to the vendor, two of her friends came around. They asked her where she got money to buy a watch, when she had already told them that was broke. Before our very eyes, her response was " NA ONE MUMU BOY JUST PAY PART OF THE MONEY". Her friends replied, no mind dem jor. I was so shocked and offended. But, I could not go to the boy and tell him. Else, I would be tagged a hater. All these happened while the boy was still in sight.

However, the vendor was also not pleased with the lady. So, he refused to give the lady the watch. Only on the condition that, she calls the boy back and repeated exactly what she told her friends, in presence of the boy. The lady and her friends picked up a quarrel with the vendor, and after a while, since the vendor was not yielding, they left.

My friends and I went to the vendor. Shook hands with him and appreciated him. By this time, the boy hand already gone. Although, I don't know how that money finally roosted.

That day, I rediscovered how perpetually ungrateful some ladies could be.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by seenter84: 1:55am On Dec 15, 2015
u just day know
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by tpiar: 1:58am On Dec 15, 2015
^this.
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by marshalcarter: 2:22am On Dec 15, 2015
Na 2day you just knw....gals lackin sense since eve was deceived
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by ronald4lif(m): 2:33am On Dec 15, 2015
Perhaps, he's truly a mumu, I mean who just renders such assistance to someone they don't know, out of the blue. Unless he knew the girl in question then his action is permissible but if not then the lady could be right. He thought he was being impressive but the lady thought otherwise.

Do gooders doesn't ensnared nor attract ladies, at best it makes one look hebetudinous and creepy. I can bet that he wouldn't have bothered if it was a fellow guy struggling to pay for the watch.

If it was an assistance bothering on pressing needs, like t-fare, food, water etc it would have been understandable. But for a watch, a want and something she can do without and wasn't 'urgent' his gesture wasn't necessary. I'm afraid I share same sentiment as the lady. He's no samaritan but indeed a mumu.

10 Likes

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by cruzita(f): 6:22am On Dec 15, 2015
grin if una no help dem na who una go help?no matter how una try una go still help dem.kudos
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by AfroKnight: 6:48am On Dec 15, 2015
Most of the ladies I help are either friends or family. Most young ladies are opportunists. I don't blame guys who make such ladies pay back with their bodies. For me, even that form of repayment is not nearly enough.

A side note: don't lend out money to any young lady if you cannot let it go. They will make it difficult for you to ask for your money. Even if your girlfriend asks for a loan, just give her the amount you can forgo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 15, 2015
ronald4lif:
Perhaps, he's truly a mumu, I mean who just renders such assistance to someone they don't know, out of the blue. Unless he knew the girl in question then his action is permissible but if not then the lady could be right. He thought he was being impressive but the lady thought otherwise.

Do gooders doesn't ensnared nor attract ladies, at best it makes one look hebetudinous and creepy. I can bet that he wouldn't have bothered if it was a fellow guy struggling to pay for the watch.

If it was an assistance bothering on pressing needs, like t-fare, food, water etc it would have been understandable. But for a watch, a want and something she can do without and wasn't 'urgent' his gesture wasn't necessary. I'm afraid I share same sentiment as the lady. He's no samaritan but indeed a mumu.
I will offer this guy one juicy pvssy for this comment.

*erhm!!, Amaka, come and service this guy*
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by ronald4lif(m): 12:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
stupidity:
I will offer this guy one juicy pvssy for this comment.

*erhm!!, Amaka, come and service this guy*

Haha, where Amaka dey o. Abeg show biko. grin
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by XshegzzyeeiX: 8:07am On Apr 12, 2020
ronald4lif:

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by 2cul2care: 12:37pm On Apr 12, 2020
The problem is most Nigerian ladies, especially the younger ones see a generous guy as a mugu, mumu or maga, and some guys are just genuinely nice people, when the same guy now changes his attitude, you'll hear them say "all men are the same", forgetting they are the cause of his change in attitude.

Thumbs up to the vendor tho, I love what he did.

2 Likes

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by GreatResearcher1: 12:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
I love what the vendor did and hate what the op and his friends did.
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by oxiide22(m): 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2023
laprince:
A similar thread made me remember this particular story, back then as a student in higher institution.

I closed from classes one afternoon. As usual, a couple of friends and I were retuning to our rooms. Just by the school gate, some persons used to sell clothes, jewelleries and writing materials (before the school stopped them).

There was this particular Hausa man that sells watches under a mango tree. When my friends and I got to the mango tree, we decided to wait for another of our friends. So that we would walk home together, since we stayed close.

Then we noticed a girl who was bargaining the price of a wristwatch. She had just #300 (three hundred Naira), which was not enough to purchase the watch. However, she had been able to beat the price down to #800(eight hundred Naira). She was visibly in love with the watch, even though she could not afford it. She still stayed back trying to beg for a price reduction. It still did not work.

Just then, a boy came to the same vendor, picked up something and paid for it. On seeing how much the girl wanted to have the wristwatch, he gave the balance of #500 (five hundred Naira) directly to the vendor. The girl thanked him. Then he walked away. (He didn't ask for the girl's name or phone number).

Just as the girl was about paying the balance of #300(three hundred Naira) , to the vendor, two of her friends came around. They asked her where she got money to buy a watch, when she had already told them that was broke. Before our very eyes, her response was " NA ONE MUMU BOY JUST PAY PART OF THE MONEY". Her friends replied, no mind dem jor. I was so shocked and offended. But, I could not go to the boy and tell him. Else, I would be tagged a hater. All these happened while the boy was still in sight.

However, the vendor was also not pleased with the lady. So, he refused to give the lady the watch. Only on the condition that, she calls the boy back and repeated exactly what she told her friends, in presence of the boy. The lady and her friends picked up a quarrel with the vendor, and after a while, since the vendor was not yielding, they left.

My friends and I went to the vendor. Shook hands with him and appreciated him. By this time, the boy hand already gone. Although, I don't know how that money finally roosted.

That day, I rediscovered how perpetually ungrateful some ladies could be.
bro
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by Karleb(m): 3:00pm On Nov 02, 2023
Mumu ontoo 500? grin

Broke and ungrateful.
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:05pm On Nov 02, 2023
Well,this na old post,but I am very stingy to the opposite genders grin.like extremely.only my mum ,sisters and female relatives I get soft heart for.if u need my money ,earn it.

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 02, 2023
ronald4lif:

No the guy isn't a mumu the lady is the mumu here. You don't need to know someone before you help them out. Don't misdirect judgement and let the offender go unpunished. The boy did nothing wrong. It's like helping a beggar on street,we all know some of them may be richer than us in the real sense but we help them anyways. If the beggar you help mocks you in the gathering of his friends, the joke is on the beggar not you.

The lady is the foolish one who couldn't recognize an act of goodness but ridiculed the person who extend such act to her because she thinks he is after her invested coochie . The guy did nothing wrong the girl is the fool. I'm glad the Hausa man did justice here while Op and his friends watch .

1 Like

Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by Little21: 6:21pm On Nov 02, 2023
Persephone1:
No the guy isn't a mumu the lady is the mumu here. You don't need to know someone before you help them out. Don't misdirect judgement and let the offender go unpunished. The boy did nothing wrong. It's like helping a beggar on street,we all know some of them may be richer than us in the real sense but we help them anyways. If the beggar you help mocks you in the gathering of his friends, the joke is on the beggar not you.

The lady is the foolish one who couldn't recognize an act of goodness but ridiculed the person who extend such act to her because she thinks he is after her invested coochie . The guy did nothing wrong the girl is the fool. I'm glad the Hausa man did justice here while Op and his friends watch .
Exactly what I was thinking! It isn't a bad thing to try to render help, to people who needs it at the moment. Not like he asked for her number or anything in return. He was only being a gentleman and there is nothing wrong with that.

The lady is the type that enjoys getting things directly with her body. If the boy had asked for her number, it would have been a totally different story.
Re: Some Ladies And Ingratitude by Emyzoloye5(m): 6:41pm On Nov 02, 2023
You guys are masturbating on a 8year old post

(1) (Reply)

How To Know You Are With The Right Kind Of Woman / Stupid Things To Avoid When You Are With Your Crush / Trending And Hilarious Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.