Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,009 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:24 AM

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (33394 Views)

Marketers Sell Petrol Above N145/L In 16 States (see the states) / Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by fotadmowmend(m): 8:11am On Dec 15, 2015
channji

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ademoladeji(m): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2015
EasternLeopard:
Where is the CHANGE the most sophisticated slaves insulted the SS/SE for

We the people of SS and SE have being vindicated.

I dunno when SS became part of Biafra....
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by VISTIN(m): 8:12am On Dec 15, 2015
Though I'm not a fan of APC or Buhari, but we have to support this govt to succeed.

Sometimes it's good you taste what you're keeping wake for so you can sleep. Buhari didn't know governance was this hard.

This one has gone beyond Nothern appointments and sectionalism. The real issues are on ground. It's no longer about one meal each day for school children.

It's no longer about N1 to $1. It's no longer about fuel coming down to N50/L.

It's not about GEJ and PDP. It's about realities. I won't ask Pastor Tunde Bakari to OCCUPY LAGOS, but pray for his Boss.

All TV channels are under ground now. They must tell the people what's on ground and at the same time give us hope.

Meanwhile, we should look beyond govt and look unto God. Things are really tough worldwide.

The only thing that will sustain us at this critical time is our faith and trust in God, resolve to live upright and commitment in whatever we are doing. Not Buhari, APC or PDP.
May God provide for His people and may He help us out of this Crisis. Amen.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by arigold1304(m): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2015
Nigerians cannot run a refinery....where an average Nigerian is a thief. They will end up removing the parts and replace it with fake.....allocation upon allocation..yet no improvement. SUBSIDY is the way until our mentality changes...HOW MANY GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENT FUNCTION 100% IN NIGERIA??....
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Iroh88(m): 8:13am On Dec 15, 2015
EasternLeopard:
Where is the CHANGE the most sophisticated slaves insulted the SS /SE for

Hey, na by force?? The most vocal posters from that region and even the leaders of the region have asked you Ekpas to shove your attache-by-force thingy up the darkest channel in your body yet your longthroat for their resources won't let you do so. cheesy

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ibietela2(m): 8:15am On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
A dwindling Naira value has pushed fuel prices up in local market. Imagine the diff when 1$ changed for N165 and N260 that's some 35% increase as against some ~40% decrease intl oil prices. PDP really fùcked up things

Still blaming PDP?

6 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Kingy10: 8:15am On Dec 15, 2015
gymer:

You just lied. The aim of subsidy removal was not to build refinery in Nigeria. It was beyond that. SURE-P if you remember was in charge of subsidy savings for the FG. Their activities were across different sector. Do a little research for your education.
it was beyond that?
so, why don't we see any traces of refinery yet....YYYYYY?
U said it's beyond that, but the sole reason was to build a refinery, so i don't still understand what I should do a little research on
GEJ is just a figure head FULL STOP!!
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by eagleeye2: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2015
wristbangle:

It was everybody that protested then.
Nope. Most South South and South East didn't protest. I remember the newspapers being awashed with the news that southeast betrayed them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2015
tobimillar:
There is no subsidy in the first place, and I don't see any reason why PMS shouldn't be sold for 60 with crude oil being sold for $37/barrel

we paying to refine it abroad .. that's why
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 15, 2015
Bullhari wants to dictate price? Sorry for him. I trust marketers to kill him. Nigerians will end up buying pms @ 400 per/l.

By the way, let's see how the protest will be, because I will be the first to hurl stones @ him, thus removing those evil teeth of his out of his mouth. Am tired of all these non sense. Yet the devil kicked against it in gej govt.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by eagleeye2: 8:18am On Dec 15, 2015
ademoladeji:

I dunno when SS became part of Biafra....
He didn't mention Biafra anywhere in his post.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by cele360: 8:20am On Dec 15, 2015
Pls remove d subsidy totally, not just removing some amount, we Are tired of this subsidy fraud, let us buy d real price of #145, instead of enriching some particular cabals., after all here in portharcourt for d past one month we hav been buying fuel #130 to #180, pls govt should remove this subsidy fraud, this fuel scarcity of a thing caused by not paying subsidy payment will stop.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Ahmeduana(m): 8:20am On Dec 15, 2015
oluwatomisin93:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/12/fuel-subsidy-to-go-next-year/
THIS ONE WEY THE BUDGET DON DEY TAKE STYLE DEY DROP FROM 6TRILLION TO 5.5 TRILLION, AM VERY SURE THAT THE 2016 BUDGET WILL BELOW THE USUAL 4.5TRILLION, BEFORE JANUARY 2016! Welcome to the regime of MEGA SUPER CLUELESS.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by chyket(m): 8:21am On Dec 15, 2015
It is amazing and unbelieveable that a Nigeria going through oil price crash,job losses,poverty and serious uncertainity will increase its yearly budget from 4trillion to 6 trillion and subsequently is trying to subject its citizens to untold hardship and hopelessness.Why cant we just for once live within our means?

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by holuphisayor(m): 8:23am On Dec 15, 2015
Still high, since cost of crude per barrel is around $38 ....petrol shud sell around #60

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by sirvic29(m): 8:25am On Dec 15, 2015
where is Apc Zombies, Ngene....., passing......, Demdem, Iroh, keneki....etc?. Una see una life?. Oya come and shout sai baba. Hypocritical fools. You know the good thing about this present Govt, is that both Tom &Dick will surely feel the impart whether negatively or positively. For me and my household there's always a way out.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ODUBEZE: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2015
EasternLeopard:

Yes ooooo my brother! they wanted to crucify SS/SE for not voting PMB.
---

In one of my article, I wrote that this government might be worse (worst) than GEJ. that they have nothing to offer! some people were saying that I hate PMB!
---

Now show me a single policy PMB has put down in favour of the masses and I will tell you why we refuse to vote for him!
Lobatan! nto!
---

campaign promises:
a litre=N40
$1=N1
Oh not to forget that our refineries will be working!
The local ones, he shut them now so that thy will all continue to reap the benefit of subsidy! e.t.c
Instead of fulfilling, he even made it worst!
GEJ, where are you? come and have a handshake!

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ELGREF(m): 8:26am On Dec 15, 2015
97 is fair compare to 140 we have in 2012.I knew there's nothing like subsidy in the first place
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 15, 2015
tobimillar:
There is no subsidy in the first place, and I don't see any reason why PMS shouldn't be sold for 60 with crude oil being sold for $37/barrel
private refineries can decide to sell at whatever price they want.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by hamzyluv(m): 8:29am On Dec 15, 2015
ourema:
Hypocrisy is when you remove something you never believed believed to have existed.

Hypocrisy is when you shouted! Crucify GEJ! When he removed fuel subsidy the but hail PMB
for the intention to remove it
and stupidity of highest order is for Gej to announced fuel subsidy removal and increased in fuel price on 1st of January ..... is Gej the petroleum minister ? .. zoo-fool-logy x-President
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by tuniski: 8:30am On Dec 15, 2015
Standing5:
A dwindling Naira value has pushed fuel prices up in local market. Imagine the diff when 1$ changed for N165 and N260 that's some 35% increase as against some ~40% decrease intl oil prices. PDP really fùcked up things
warped! We are not buying crude we sell so the naira depreciation favours that while the importation of refined products, cancels out the transaction currency gains though a next gain is expected as we sell more than we buy. Overall, the restriction on forex has not been working as naira continue to fall even as reserve falls!
Chanji is just a scam. The streets ain't Smiling sooner the chant will be change baba!

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by jimmayoy: 8:34am On Dec 15, 2015
EasternLeopard:

How?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ODUBEZE: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2015
ELGREF:
97 is fair compare to 140 we have in 2012.I knew there's nothing like subsidy in the first place
Y are U comparing it to N140 instead of N87?
stop acting like a hypocrite!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by tivta(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Time to start hustling for my visa, things can only get "better" with such news as this...

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 8:38am On Dec 15, 2015
God Bless

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by punkyellla(f): 8:39am On Dec 15, 2015
EasternLeopard:

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ODUBEZE: 8:40am On Dec 15, 2015
ibietela2:

Still blaming PDP?
Don't mind him still blaming past administration for the decision this current administration is still taking!
E go reach am too! no be this Nigeria all of us dey?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by jimmayoy: 8:41am On Dec 15, 2015
okosodo:
This was what these animals fought against. What kind of rubbish is this?

I ve been eagerly waiting for this, i don't know why it took them this long to remove this subsidy, subsidy is a fraud and each time the Govt wants to tackle it the marketers purposely suffer we the citizens like they are doing now. Am happy and in support of this total removal, the price ll soon crash.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by runz(m): 8:41am On Dec 15, 2015
We don't have any functional refinery.
989900:
@$38/barrel, where is the subsidy?

The N97/l is high (considering cost of crude)
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by osazeeblue01: 8:42am On Dec 15, 2015
Those that ran from TRANSFORMATION to CHANGE how market? The same criminals shouting change.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
ourema:
Hypocrisy is when you remove something you never believed believed to have existed.

Hypocrisy is when you shouted! Crucify GEJ! When he removed fuel subsidy the but hail PMB
for the intention to remove it

IGNORANCE is when you analyse something only at face value without @least getting some facts. DONT just try to think before you type ... try to GOOGLE what you think of typing .

in 2011 oil peaked at $100 pb. and on January 1 2012 GEJ New year msg was to tell us he was removing subsidy to reinvest in other sectors. btw 2012 n 2015 you tell me what impact sure-p has had in your life or someone. you know

this is 205 oil has dropped below $40 pb. the nation doesn't want to over borrow and become slaves to the white man this the primary aim is to generate income and reduce expenses. this it's a SOLID. reason to scrap subsidy.

Jonah's reason back then was to stop cabals and there was a probe , what has changed since then? be for jona left there was no fuel to the extent telecoms and banks were about to cut their business hours just to tell you in 6 Years GEJ has yet to stop our economy from being run by generating sets . lmao

better put hands on deck and do ur quota to help the country through this period by hustling hard , paying your taxes and ensuring every. politician is accountable instead of still deluding yourself that the past govt cared about us. *motherfckers never loved us!!!( (in drakes voice )

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by runz(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
Until there are functional refineries the forces of demand and supply won't come into play.
Flets:
And zombies would swallow hook, line and sinker.

How exactly would this govt predict prices after subsidy removal? Only the market forces will determine prices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ayo Fayose Celebrates His 58th Birthday In A Low-key Fashion. Photos / Babajide Sanwoolu And Obafemi Hamzat Meet With Nollywood Stars / Ademola Adeleke Sat For May/April 1981 Exams – WAEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.