Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 (33459 Views)

Marketers Sell Petrol Above N145/L In 16 States (see the states) / Filling Stations In Awka Sell Petrol For N250 Per Litre / FG Ends Kerosene Subsidy, To Sell For N83 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ekpesa(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
am so passionate about this Apc led government, they have been so committed in reminding me how I disappointed myself in voting for them. they promised fixing the refineries and now they are failing again.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ODUBEZE: 8:44am On Dec 15, 2015
ademoladeji:

I dunno when SS became part of Biafra....
When did SS employ you to become their spokesman?
God no go allow something wey no concern U kill U!
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by jimmayoy: 8:47am On Dec 15, 2015
PLANETMARS:
so as I wise reach I go vote this apc? Smh

Same here bro, but i want you to know that we did the right thing, you ll soon realise this, it's just a matter of time. This Govt came when the country was almost at ground zero.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by saintneo(m): 8:49am On Dec 15, 2015
EasternLeopard:
Where is the CHANGE the most sophisticated slaves insulted the SS/SE for

We the people of SS and SE have being vindicated.
ourema:
Hypocrisy is when you remove something you never believed believed to have existed.

Hypocrisy is when you shouted! Crucify GEJ! When he removed fuel subsidy the but hail PMB
for the intention to remove it

Where is fashola and his Lagos subsidy protest gang? They better start the protest again.

GEJ & his team were right afterall!

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by porka: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2015
Where are those people spreading rumors of reduction of petrol price to N57 two months ago?

Where are those who saw fuel sold for N50 naira in Oshogbo in September?

Where are those shouting Sai Baba for 'reducing' petrol price in July?

Can you see your lives?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by toprealman: 8:49am On Dec 15, 2015
So finally, all them campaign promise with regards to pump price na wash wash. Buhari na packaged fraud from APC.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Ovamboland(m): 8:50am On Dec 15, 2015
ourema:
Hypocrisy is when you remove something you never believed believed to have existed.

Hypocrisy is when you shouted! Crucify GEJ! When he removed fuel subsidy the but hail PMB
for the intention to remove it

It's not hypocrisy it's called buy-in and trust two things thoroughly lacking in PDP governments. Only a true leader can push difficult and punishing reforms and attract little opposition.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by EasternLeopard: 8:52am On Dec 15, 2015
saintneo:

Where is fashola and his Lagos subsidy protest gang? They better start the protest again.

Don't mind hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Toks2008(m): 8:56am On Dec 15, 2015
okosodo:
This was what these animals fought against. What kind of rubbish is this?

If this report is credible then I think we have been very unfair to this government judging from the comments read so far.

I am very impressed that while subsidy is removed,we will still be buying at 97naira and that i believe is not only fair but very commendable if we juxtapose this to the wickedness of the former president who woke up on the first of January 2012 to announce over 100% increase in pump price and that act alone gave me the pointer that he is a very wicked and clueless president that despite the huge cost of crude at that time, he still had the mind to inflict such pains on the electorates and i can remember how many people who traveled home were stranded.

I say once again,kudos to the Buhari led government and we appreciate.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by porka: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2015
Where are the musicians who assailed Jonathan in January 2012 at Ojota?

Where are the Occupy Nigeria gang?

Where is Tunde Bakare and his gang of Save Nigeria Group?

NLC/TUC where are we having our T-shirts for the show?

Are we having SELFIES again in January 2016?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 4C2215131: 8:58am On Dec 15, 2015
Finally!
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ODUBEZE: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
arigold1304:
Nigerians cannot run a refinery....where an average Nigerian is a thief. They will end up removing the parts and replace it with fake.....allocation upon allocation..yet no improvement. SUBSIDY is the way until our mentality changes...HOW MANY GOVERNMENT ESTABLISHMENT FUNCTION 100% IN NIGERIA??....
Going by your reasoning, there should be no business in Nigeria!
U are also a Nigerian, do U run businesses underground?
---

All these blames on workers is so because the government wanted it and are reaping heavily from it!
How were these people able to manage their businesses in Nigeria?
or are the marketers not Nigerians?
---

Let me tell you, it is because our leaders are benefiting and corrupt that they will giving excuses and they will never let it work!
Where are the saints?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by lumeneng22: 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
Save Nigeria group Tuned bakare and co, get ready to occupy ojota again o.

3 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Jerry2i(m): 9:00am On Dec 15, 2015
I may not be an economist but,if the PMB led FEC team can do half of what is written here I believe Nigeria will be better off.
NB:not a PMB supporter but we all have to live with the situation that the APC supporters put us into,and then we all can see that my HERO (gej) has been vindicated.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Toks2008(m): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2015
ekpesa:
am so passionate about this Apc led government, they have been so committed in reminding me how I disappointed myself in voting for them. they promised fixing the refineries and now they are failing again.

How many years do you think it will take to right the wrongs of 16years?

I implore everyone to remain positive and at least allow solid 3years to pass before we can start scoring this present regime. It is very easy to take the role of a critic until you wear same shoes and that shoe has been worn by them and so far i can say there is yet no need to judge..for Christ sake its just about 7months and i believe that is too early to pass a judgement.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Funkybabee(f): 9:02am On Dec 15, 2015
Apply for the Prolist Annual Salary Promo!! And Win ₦200,000 Monthly Salary for 12 Months. click here to register and win now==> https:///DTrkev . /DTrkev
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by porka: 9:03am On Dec 15, 2015
Jonathan removed subsidy on petrol price and set up SURE-P?

Jonathan made Christopher Kolade (later Martin Luther Agwai) the chairman of SURE-P

What is Buhari setting up?

Who is Buhari appointing to manage the funds?

How will they spend the money?

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by ibietela2(m): 9:03am On Dec 15, 2015
ODUBEZE:

Don't mind him still blaming past administration for the decision this current administration is still taking!
E go reach am too! no be this Nigeria all of us dey?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha, him eye never clear

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by BurukutuMallam: 9:04am On Dec 15, 2015
grin grin grin ;DD
Make I just laugh dem before Seun ban me again grin ;DD
grin
;DD
;DD
;DDD
Haaaaahaaaaa
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 4C2215131: 9:05am On Dec 15, 2015
SurefireAsoOke:
So our thought/hope of N50/Ltr is now dashed

For AsoOke, Check my signature

Technically it isn't. Given time (when the market stabilises hopefully), and local refineries are up and doing, we just might buy PMS for N50/litre.

Hopefully (yes I know, so much "hopefully" in my projections, but it's not impossible. Things may get worse before it gets better).
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by drnoel: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
Looks like the sleeping president has finally woke
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by BRAV0O(m): 9:07am On Dec 15, 2015
Kingy10:
.i don't still understand how u guys use ur brain to reason, when ur in politics
2012 January 1, gej increased removed subsidy, a liter was sold for N140, before it was reduced to 97, the aim of removing it was to build a refinery in Nigeria, yet throughout the 3 yrs+ gej used, we didn't see any sign of refinery
pls, tell me how u reason, i don't still understand your stupid comment
People like u that supports GEJ even after his downfall, it seems ur in a way connected to the money embezzled during gej's regime
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Empredboy(m): 9:08am On Dec 15, 2015
saintneo:

ask your GEJ where is the SURE P?
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by porka: 9:09am On Dec 15, 2015
Toks2008:

If this report is credible then I think we have been very unfair to this government judging from the comments read so far.

I am very impressed that while subsidy is removed,we will still be buying at 97naira and that i believe is not only fair but very commendable if we juxtapose this to the wickedness of the former president who woke up on the first of January 2012 to announce over 100% increase in pump price and that act alone gave me the pointer that he is a very wicked and clueless president that despite the huge cost of crude at that time, he still had the mind to inflict such pains on the electorates and i can remember how many people who traveled home were stranded.

I say once again,kudos to the Buhari led government and we appreciate.

Don't be a f00l.

Subsidy is now 10 naira per litre even when the oil price is $38 per barrel.

How would they have increased it beyond 97 naira.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Eggheaded(m): 9:10am On Dec 15, 2015
When petrol was $120 per barrel, Nigeria was selling #97 per litre and NOW the price of petrol is $34 per barrel in global market, shouldn't Nigeria be selling the Petrol at #30 to #35 per litre if our government is SERIOUS.
I DON'T SEE SUBSIDY IN PETROL.
CHINA HAS REDUCE HER PUMP PRICE 3TIMES, WHEREAS NIGERIA OWN IS STAGNANT.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 4C2215131: 9:11am On Dec 15, 2015
tobimillar:
There is no subsidy in the first place, and I don't see any reason why PMS shouldn't be sold for 60 with crude oil being sold for $37/barrel

Me thinks, FG is trying to err on the side of caution. What do I mean? Sell well above acceptable market price now (btw, now is the best time to remove subsidy given the state of "crude oil affairs"-it's selling at an all time low right now, so subsidy removal wouldn't bite too hard as ideally PMS should be selling for even less than N87 right now-market don fall press the thing na!) and be protected when market forces actually push the price up to N97. Given that the product has been accepted at N97, there wouldn't be any uproar from the pocket of the populace who are already used to buying it at N97 and who may not even know the workings of the market as it affects the price of PMS.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 4C2215131: 9:13am On Dec 15, 2015
omotoyossi:
when jonathan wanted 2 remove subsidy..it was set at N141.

Crude price was far different then. Now na 10kobo/barrel!
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by porka: 9:15am On Dec 15, 2015
4C2215131:

Technically it isn't. Given time (when the market stabilises hopefully), and local refineries are up and doing, we just might buy PMS for N50/litre.

Hopefully (yes I know, so much "hopefully" in my projections, but it's not impossible. Things may get worse before it gets better).

You people base your hope too much on magic.

Check the PPPRA's website, even if all oil are refined in Nigeria the pump price would still be above 80 naira per litre.

Education is better than wishful thinking.
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 15, 2015
4C2215131:

Me thinks, FG is trying to err on the side of caution. What do I mean? Sell well above acceptable market price now (btw, now is the best time to remove subsidy given the state of "crude oil affairs"-it's selling at an all time low right now, so subsidy removal wouldn't bite too hard as ideally PMS should be selling for even less than N87 right now-market don fall press the thing na!) and be protected when market forces actually push the price up to N97. Given that the product has been accepted at N97, there wouldn't be any uproar from the pocket of the populace who are already used to buying it at N97 and who may not even know the workings of the market as it affects the price of PMS.

Will the extra profit from selling above let's say 87 naira (assuming that's the supposed selling price), be captured? Will fg admit to making profit? Or when the price increases again, they will want to increase PMS price citing increase in crude prices

1 Like

Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by Willybos(m): 9:21am On Dec 15, 2015
kingstylo01:
Akpos jumps from bed and starts shouting "God save me, save me, save me. The wife asked, did you have a nightmare? He says yes. The wife asked ask again, were you been chased by a lion? Akpos replied; lion inos even better. I nearly voted for Buhari again grin cheesy
'

wow
Re: Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 by 4C2215131: 9:21am On Dec 15, 2015
tobimillar:

Will the extra profit from selling above let's say 87 naira (assuming that's the supposed selling price), be captured? Will fg admit to making profit? Or when the price increases again, they will want to increase PMS price citing increase in crude prices

Na there the wahala dey o!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sylva Apologises To Buhari, Describes Supreme Court Verdict As Provocative / Why I Support Buhari Despite His Government Jailing Me – Tunde Thompson / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.