Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,736 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines (116294 Views)

Thread For Those Into Keke Hire Purchase Business (hirers And Owners) / How Do I Start A Keke Napep Business In Lagos. / Brief Info On Keke Napep Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by abuhubaidah: 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance
3. New or second Hand Keke

1. New or second Hand Keke. Which is best ?
I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

There are good keke Napeps second hands.
Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
The period of complete returns on a keke depends on two things :
1. the status of the Keke at time of purchase ( I.e New or second hand )
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )
3. Agreed fee of return by driver.

There are generally two ways of paying a keke Driver.
1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I believe the two need no explanation just little extra tips.
I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

Daily return vary according to
1. Your state or Location
2. Status of Keke Napepe ( new or old )

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

In Lagos it is N4000 - N4500 ( for those plying Computer Village route ).
Note don't let anyone decieve you for the poster know what he his saying.

Now on the amount to return. There are two ways of paying back Hire Purchase.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

Note: payment on hire purchase is all based on negotiations.

3. Brand of Keke Napep to Buy
I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

4. Import a New Keke or Buy Here in Nigeria

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

Below is a second hand keke Napep I got some time back.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

5. Cost of New Keke Napep

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **
2. Michindra (435,000) as at Last Month November

Note! The above price is obtainable in Niger, Kaduna Kano wholesalers.

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

5. Cost of Second Hand Keke Napep

You can get good grade 1 brand at N140,000 or N150,000.
But the general rate is N110-150,000 ( For good ones in good conditions ).

Thanks
Ymodulus
thanks so much for this,please for the second hand at 140-150k is it the new model you start without drawing the long iron at the left hand did of the rider?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by abuhubaidah: 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
odiereke:
It's good business, u can send your email address so that I can forward you a good Agreement Template you can reach with anyone you want to give it to.
Can I get the template please Abuhubaidah@gmail.com..thanks
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by mrsage(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Where can one buy a good Keke in Lagos?
What routes will you suggest in Lagos that will give good returns and less stress?

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by abuhubaidah: 3:16pm On Dec 15, 2015
LagosBoi2:
It depends on your location, where are you located?, Its where I have my investment and I had to relocate to monitor properly, I can give you guildlines, you can msg me
The guide line please Abuhubaidah@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by omoharry(f): 3:29pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

Thanks sis.
Nooo. yu just need to know the category og people who can drive succesfully without complaints.

There are ways to recruit drivers. It worked for me. And u enjoyed it. What if i tell you till today by ex - drivers still go on errand for me without pay?

Many information i would love to type. But am a lazy pig. Typing is stress

Just ensure there is a witness in all.

I wanted saying Hausa drivers are the best, but i was been careful not to be labelled a tribalist.

Well for me i only deal with Hausas as my drivers.
My expereince with an Hausa driver changed my mind about dealing with them...this man ruined my keke ...he refuse to remit money as required of him..he will always give one excuse of how he is trying to bring his famly from the north today and another family member tomorrow..bla bla bla..as if my keke was bought for charity purpose..most of the time his phones are switched off. i couldnt take it anymore..this thing lingered on for five month and I had to seized the keke from him..my new keke was ruined with all four tyres completely filed up, and begging for a complete overhaul....it a matter of personality and not tribe..dishonesty cut across all tribe.It is a lucrative business if you get a honest and level headed person to pilot it.pls dont do delivery..hire purchase is the way to go...if not you ownt recognised and your keke before long nor will you see even the capital you used in purchasing it.

buy your keke TVS if you like,
get someone that knows the rout to drive the keke home to you.
Register your keke either in Lagos or Ogun state..cheers

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ymodulus: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
abuhubaidah:
thanks so much for this,please for the second hand at 140-150k is it the new model you start without drawing the long iron at the left hand did of the rider?

Yea
omoharry:
My expereince with an Hausa driver changed my mind about dealing with them...this man ruined my keke ...he refuse to remit money as required of him..he will always give one excuse of how he is trying to bring his famly from the north today and another family member tomorrow..bla bla bla..as if my keke was bought for charity purpose..most of the time his phones are switched off. i couldnt take it anymore..this thing lingered on for five month and I had to seized the keke from him..my new keke was ruined with all four tyres completely filed up, and begging for a complete overhaul....it a matter of personality and not tribe..dishonesty cut across all tribe.It is a lucrative business if you get a honest and level headed person to pilot it.pls dont do delivery..hire purchase is the way to go...if not you ownt recognised and your keke before long nor will you see even the capital you used in purchasing it.
buy your keke TVS if you like,
get someone that knows the rout to drive the keke home to you.
Register your keke either in Lagos or Ogun state..cheers
Different things for different folks.

Just an advice ma, next time avoid family men. They are disease
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by abuhubaidah: 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

Yea
Different things for different folks.

Just an advice ma, next time avoid family men. They are disease
alright thanks.where can I get one here in Lagos?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by histemple: 3:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
odiereke:
It's good business, u can send your email address so that I can forward you a good Agreement Template you can reach with anyone you want to give it to.

Please I will be glad to receive the agreement template from you. My email address is histempleglobal@gmail.com.

Thanks in Anticipation.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Donkaz(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
artisticallyart:
Balance and carry na im win am o!!!
1. If the driver is unable to meet up, you collect it from him, that way you win both ways;
2. You are free from oil today, fuel tomorrow, break pad in short complaints;
3. You make times two of your money.
please can you explain more on the balance and carry
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by santosesq1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Transport business the risk more than the gain. My father did it adviced us not to go into it we felt was lie now I entered keke business bought 9 nothing to show for it initialy they will ballance you after few weeks storyline will change. Look for other business please

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Okeycima: 3:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
AlaniPamoleKun:
I want to buy keke napep and give it to an individual to ride it and deliver money to me by the end of the day, though I'm kind of new in this line of business.

Y'all advises and suggestions will be highly appreciated

Thank you

oga i will contribute when am chanced becos i jux rounded that business sometime ago so that will b from experience,so bear with me

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by LagosBoi2(m): 4:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
artisticallyart:

Lagos.

Good which area of Lagos are you?, I am in Ait Rd Alagbado. Lagos. How much is the keke?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by musicwriter(m): 4:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
AlaniPamoleKun:
I want to buy keke napep and give it to an individual to ride it and deliver money to me by the end of the day, though I'm kind of new in this line of business.

Thank you

Don't try it!. Some years back I bought 2 Mitsubishi buses (onu azu) and gave them to drivers. The experience wasn't funny. It was so sad I don't even want to talk about it now.

You will never earn any money tangible from it. All you'll get is STORIES, STORIES, STORIES.

Once you give them that vehicle you have started a business for them, and all they'll want is buy their own. Your interest wouldn't be on their mind. Get ready for all sorts of stories everyday about why they can't deliver.

Lesson I learned from it is, don't buy it unless you are ready to drive it yourself.

I later sold the cars at give-away prices. Guess what?. The driver bought the cars using a front man!!!. I was shocked to learn that.

Last thing I heard of him was that he knocked someone down with a car and the person died. Thank God it was no longer my car!. God just saved me!.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
Donkaz:
please can you explain more on the balance and carry
It is same as hire purchase- you buy the keke and give someone to drive it for you and delivers weekly or daily as the case maybe depending on the time his able to pay back the agreed price for the keke. For instance, you buy the keke for 150k you agree to deliver 5k weekly until he finish paying before the keke becomes his/her own plus no drama for repairs or miscalleaneous expenses. The keke rider bears the burden of that, you own na to collect the agrees amount signes in the agreement.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 15, 2015
santosesq1:
Transport business the risk more than the gain. My father did it adviced us not to go into it we felt was lie now I entered keke business bought 9 nothing to show for it initialy they will ballance you after few weeks storyline will change. Look for other business please
Give us a detailed description or information as to why yours did not work and possibly advise for young folks like us. Thank you.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 4:34pm On Dec 15, 2015
LagosBoi2:

Good which area of Lagos are you?, I am in Ait Rd Alagbado. Lagos. How much is the keke?
Send me a pm.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by LagosBoi2(m): 4:55pm On Dec 15, 2015
odiereke:

Please I will also like to have the agreement templete sod.confirm@yahoo.com
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nemesis99(m): 4:57pm On Dec 15, 2015
AlaniPamoleKun:

Thank you

i have 2 kekes and the ppl driving them are doing well cuz we have a formal agreement and we also involved the law (soldiers and police). delivering depends on yur area sha. i am based in abuja and they deliver 3500 each every blessed day.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by unlawfulact: 5:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
@modulus where can one get used keke say in minna or kaduna state?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by MsBliss(f): 5:08pm On Dec 15, 2015
odiereke:
I need it. Please sent it to my email annabliss24@gmail.com Thanks in advance.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Okeycima: 5:10pm On Dec 15, 2015
Oga as u have the money ur major problem is finding a good person who can ride it and it equally render account in due time so therefore u have to follow this procedure:1. Don't ever give ur keke to a married man with responsibities to avoid stories that touches the heart.2.Don't ever give ur keke to someone who has plied in keke business and worse comes to worse and i must b the one and do some background check on the previous keke he engaged in to ascertain how he handled it and what came out of it.3.take him or the driver to the place that it is been sold and let him choose but on ma advice i will advice u to buy TVS or PIAGGIO and not bajaj,becos of their durability.and make it hire purchase and not daliy pay,to avoid had i known.other advice is something i can't say here

4 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ayoola171(m): 5:17pm On Dec 15, 2015
Educative. I'm saying thanks to those that are giving us these nice & wonderful information.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by lonelydora: 5:20pm On Dec 15, 2015
As you are buying the keke also buy High BP drug along side. But if you know you have a soft heart, please don't go into this business.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Okeycima: 5:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:
This business is an interesting one I must confess. However to go into it there are 3 principles which must be settled.

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance

I will advice you that if you want to go into the keke Napep business please get second Hand Keke Napeps not New one. Believe me it's best to buy something new good. But getting a good second Hand Keke Napeps is around 110 - 140k and the person will pay you double.

In Lagos you can easily make your money in 2 months 1week ( exact time frame my friend used to get hers back ).

Once more go for good second hand and not new ones. Many may decieve you that new are best, yes they are good am not disputing this. But me and you need sharp good fast money then second hand is the way.

2. Method of Remittance
2. Does your driver work on Saturdays and Sundays ? ( Some people set any return from those days mostly Sunday as maintenance money. Some don't )

1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

I will never advice you to give your keke napep based on returns of Daily Balance. It's a No no. So help you whatever you believe in.

In transportation business drivers can be A pain in the house, don't even trust your brother and Lagos for that reason my brother you have to be wary.
Hire purchase is the best. In the North , Higher Purchase is what is mostly done and in the South East mostly daily Balance.

In Niger , Katsina for example daily returns are N2000 and N3000 respectively for a new keke napep. And for second hand it is based on negotiation. But in Niger it is roughly N1500-1700/1800.

Note all the price can be subject to negotiation. However am giving you standard normal price.

1. Negotiated ( you and driver agrees that you bought keke marwa for say N400 and he will pay N700 )
2. Standard ( pay x2 the price. Takes place mostly in North and for second hand marwa ).

I can only speak for Kaduna, Kano, Kastina and Niger. TVS keke Napep is the best type, the parts are readily available and cheap. Also cost efficient.

If you have the know how to import, I will advice you import keke Napeps. Keke napeps are produced in India. But you can get from china wholesalers wholesalers.

Keke Napeps spare parts are produced by Chinese and are more cheaper. Most importers import the spare part from china. In fact All keke spare parts are Chinese, Chinese sell the clone cheap better than India.

22Keke Napep will make 1 20ft Container. It cost approximately 98k to bring in on the average per one ( tax and government expenses + custom clearance + cost of getting form m and all).

Note: there are cheaper ways to bring in keke napep far way cheaper than what Nigerian wholesalers sell.

I can show you ways to bring in keke napeps at flat rate of 35k per piece. It's possible. Everything is legal.

The keke business is a sweet business if you know your way and I advice students to run this type of business.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2856999_img20150914160740_jpegbe925ea15476351e01868bfe12064ff1

1. TVS ( N420,000 ) ** I imported this myself 11pcs but I got it way cheaper and sold back at N375k there around . if you know custom you know your way **

In Lagos, TVS is now 440K, Azubike Tricycles ( he sight dollar rate as reason for hike.)

Thanks
Ymodulus
oga u have said it all but on ma own advice is for him not u buy the keke on second hand basis expect if it is bajaj re 145 but as i know that model has gone on extint,but everything rest the location,here in the east nobody can comfortably ride that second hand
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Okeycima: 5:31pm On Dec 15, 2015
andychukse:
You have to get someone trustworthy to start with, then write an agreement on terms, which both of you will sign.

He should present two sureties that are well respected.

The agreement should cover all terms and conditions:
- Who repairs the keke when it spoils?
- Do you get daily, weekly or monthly returns (I advised daily or weekly)
- How much is the returns?
- What happens when he defaults on returns.

Note: It is not easy, to get the best you have to stamp your authority and will be seen as ruthless.
oga if u meet guymen u go know say that agreement on who is to repair the keke is null and void,but all rest on trust like u say and application of carrot and stick method becos if u use stick and leave the carrot,u might regret it
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by skup008(m): 5:35pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

1. Location
2. Method of Remmitance

2. Method of Remittance

1. Hire purchase
2. Daily Balance

Thanks
Ymodulus

wow...you are a genius

Kudos.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
I've tried transport biz(buses)in naija,believe me it wasn't a funny,if you are not a strong person HBP may kill you.

Problems range from bad drivers to bad mechanics and to bad parts dealers with fake products.This of Keke I don't know how good it's .Ymodulus seem to be very good at it,IMHO this's biz is not for everyone.

@Ymodulus,
I must be honest with you,I don't know what form M is,but with your breakdown I guess it got to do with cbn and their cashless regulations,if yes,I don't think that may apply to me as I don't reside in nig.

I'll have to goto nig customs website to read up this form M of a thing,but to my little knowledge I don't think it should be that hard to get,except just with their naija factors,I'll email my financial relation officer about it aswell.

Can you share some of you experience on form m?.

Thanks for sharing.
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Okeycima: 5:36pm On Dec 15, 2015
@andychukse, oga if u meet guymen u go know say that agreement on who is to repair the keke is null and void,but all rest on trust like u say and application of carrot and stick method becos if u use stick and leave the carrot,u might regret it
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ymodulus: 5:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
euromilion:
I've tried transport biz(buses)in naija,believe me it wasn't a funny,if you are not a strong person HBP may kill you.

Problems range from bad drivers to bad mechanics and to bad parts dealers with fake products.This of Keke I don't know how good it's .Ymodulus seem to be very good at it,IMHO this's biz is not for everyone.

@Ymodulus,
I must be honest with you,I don't know what form M is,but with your breakdown I guess it got to do with cbn and their cashless regulations,if yes,I don't think that may apply to me as I don't reside in nig.

I'll have to goto nig customs website to up this form M of a thing,but to my little knowledge I don't think it should be that hard to get,except just with their naija factors,I'll email my financial relation officer about it aswell.

Can you share some of you experience on form m?.

Thanks for sharing.

Let's chat. I don't want to go on with details here.

Are you on BbM? So I drop my pin you add me I verify you the one. Or you drop your pin I add you and you verify am the one.

We chat.

There is money in Nigeria, but a few know it. It's just all about information

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Ymodulus: 5:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
Okeycima:
@andychukse, oga if u meet guymen u go know say that agreement on who is to repair the keke is null and void,but all rest on trust like u say and application of carrot and stick method becos if u use stick and leave the carrot,u might regret it

Lol! True.

That's why I always say Hire purchase. The driver bears responsibility

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

Are you on BbM? So I drop my pin you add me I verify you the one. Or you drop your pin I add you and you verify am the one.

We chat.

No am not on bbm.are u on whatsapp?
Re: I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ymodulus:

We chat.

Show me road oga. embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Pant Of Lady Hawking Plantain In Leggings In Lagos Shows, Nigerians React / Another American Mistress Exposes Dangote’s Buttocks In Viral Video / Daily Tennis Betting Pick/tips From The Tennis Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.