Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,590 members, 7,801,686 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) (47097 Views)

Bicycle Which Rides On Water Designed By A Ghanaian Man (Photos) / 17-Year-Old Boy Builds Motorcycle, Grinding Machine In Benue (Photos) / Boy Builds Two Electronic Toy Trucks In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by lalasticlala(m): 2:39pm On Dec 15, 2015
By Lara Wise..

This is my discovery of the year.

'Remarkable' Godwin Musa. 5 year-old.
Born into a family barely surviving on meagre finances.
His parents live in one of Abuja's densely populated slums where life and living Is nothing to write home about.
My church goes there on evangelism and welfare visits... That was how 'Remarkable' Godwin was discovered.
His childhood dream, apart from growing up into a very responsible man, is to own a bicycle. He sleeps and wakes up with this dream after seeing and riding the bicycle only in his dreams.

So, guess what? He did what many adults won't do. Instead of waiting and Wailing, Instead of getting angry and depressed over what he can't have, he started from somewhere.. He built a bicycle from scraps.... And he rides it with so much pride!!!

"Since my father cannot afford a bicycle for me, I decided to make one myself "he told my friend who introduced him to me.
What makes Godwin remarkable is his ingenuity, his creativity, brilliance, intelligence. A five year-old having a presence of mind for craetivity is a hard currency many children in expensive schools don't possess.

Looking into his tiny eyes sticking out of a face subdued by harsh harmattan dust, I see hope. I see a destiny bursting from its rims and waiting for an opportunity to explode!

Ladies and gentlemen, shouldn't we get a bicycle for Godwin? Ehn??

https://web.facebook.com/lara.owoeyewise/posts/10206989449607150?pnref=story

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Mutuwa(m): 2:40pm On Dec 15, 2015
The boy,shall be great.

138 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by eleojo23: 2:41pm On Dec 15, 2015
There are many children like this with high level of creativity. But unfortunately, as they grow up, society begins to kill their imaginations as everything and everyone around them seems to convey only one message "you can't achieve that" "That's impossible" and so they abandon the creative ideas and start living like everyone else. Some even struggle to survive even with the many talents they possess that can make them successful in life. All because of the way our society has been structured to kill creative minds. No conducive environment for creativity to thrive and even when someone tries despite the odds, there are a lot of naysayers always telling him that what he wants to do is not possible.

This is common in our society and we cannot make tangible progress until we start encouraging creativity.

132 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by DuchessLily(f): 2:42pm On Dec 15, 2015
Creative! Raw talent

Take him to China b4 Nigeria and her wicked leaders will kill his dream

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Ramon92: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
He might look dirty, but that's definitely a future billionaire..

120 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by ikombe: 2:44pm On Dec 15, 2015
This old man na im u dey call 5 years

You have got to be kiding me undecided

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Aminat508(f): 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
angry Good one
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 15, 2015
Commendable!
The man don reach to marry though.

6 Likes

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Theyveedo(m): 2:50pm On Dec 15, 2015
Impressive

May u build Cars and aircrafts in the future
Na Afa Christ... Amin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 15, 2015
But 5? Except it's football age, that nigga is roughly 10.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Nicolars(m): 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2015
Lol lalasticlala.. Diz guy aint 5 oooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by viclawz(m): 2:58pm On Dec 15, 2015
What a bike cheesy I like his creativity...he did well

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by indoorlove(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
Don't wait for a perfect time; create one.
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by whirlwind7(m): 2:59pm On Dec 15, 2015
The African spirit!
We have to build and realize our own dreams somehow.
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by osesology(m): 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2015
ikombe:
You are right, there's no way that boy is five. Looks more like 12+ to me

4 Likes

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by kossyablaze(m): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2015
Inconclusive Bicycle

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by kossyablaze(m): 3:03pm On Dec 15, 2015
blizard44:
But 5? Except it's football age, that nigga is roughly 10.
Me think 12

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by kaywhynoni: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2015
hey boy, you really tried, next is okada....

You can even be the chairman of the park in your area in few years....

4 Likes

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by agarawu23(m): 3:07pm On Dec 15, 2015
This boy I am seeing isn't 5yr old o shocked

2 Likes

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Addicted2Women: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2015
These Awusa people keeps disgracing Nigerians ??
I see no creativity here.
All i see is an ashy kid.

2 Likes

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by ModiKen(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
shocked shocked shocked Na dis old man b five years

Adonbilivit

Creative hands though...
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by iteleaye(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
The boy try but this pikin wey i dey see so no be 5years old abeg

1 Like

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by hemartins(m): 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
pick that boy,

train him

he would one day become an engineer.
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by lankieman: 3:12pm On Dec 15, 2015
I better pass my neighbour > grin
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
End Time 5 Year Old . .

2 Likes

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by gbens2000(m): 3:13pm On Dec 15, 2015
ikombe:

lol,it's possible that's how old the boy himself thinks he is.
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 15, 2015
A bicycle without a pedal is an end-time bicycle.

End-time boy.

End-time OP who says d boy is 5 yrs old.

End-time commenters who applaud d boy 4 scary looking bicycle.

Most of all, end-time photographer who no get job, but na to dey snap dis kind tin!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Ladies and gentlemen, shouldn't we get a bicycle for Godwin?

Answer: No, he should be educated.

Listening to Morocco Maduka's "Ihe onye g'abu, ka o g'abu" a fantastic song smiley
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by kennyman2000(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Good.. c.e.o. Innonson motors of 2moro

check my signature for ur customised wristbands.
Re: 5-year-old Boy Builds His Dream Bicycle (photos) by onosprince(m): 3:15pm On Dec 15, 2015
Nice creativity, I will build my own dream babe also because I cant afford the girls of nowadays.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Big Snake Caught By Security Guards (Photos) / A Car Made By University Of Benin Students (photo) / Sloth Bear Tears Victim's Face (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.