Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,569 members, 7,809,079 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:30 PM

How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? (4536 Views)

Bank Fraud!!! What I Did And How I Got My Money Back / Ecobank unduly debited my account- refunded / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 15, 2015
Hey Guys, i need your help on this one.
I attempted using an Access bank ATM at First bank terminal at Alaba but got 'Unable To Dispense Cash' message from the ATM at first attempt.

I promptly moved to the next ATM and withdrew 50,000( 20,000+20,000+10,000) but to my utmost disbelief, hours later i received debit alert to the tune of 70,000.

Fast forward to Monday, the following week, i lodged a complaint through a phone call to Access bank customer care center because i expected a reversal over the weekend but that didn't happen. The lady from the other side told me it would take 7 working days to treat the case and promised they would get back to me.

Fast forward to 2 weeks later, i called Access bank as a follow up on the issue as they never called me as they promised and the lady at the call center after the routine account details provision and verification told me that their investigation showed that the transaction was successful, which meant that the ATM dispensed cash.

I was furious but maintained my composure because i was at work. I remember that on that day which was a Saturday, we had a long queue at that Alaba branch of First bank, some other persons behind me also attempted using the same ATM but got the same feedback from the machine.

Now my questions are; 1. Was it possible that after some hours the machine responded to my earlier command? 2. Is there a way i can independently investigate this because Access bank seemed to have reached a conclusion on that saying that the transaction was successful? 3. Does the camera on the ATM capture real-time happenings at the machine? 4. How do i go about this?

You might say that 20,000 naira is not worth the trouble but you can imagine how many people that are victims of this kind of failed transaction on a daily basis.

Please be kind to share your experience and how you resolved it if you have been in a situation like this before.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by boboLIL(m): 3:56pm On Dec 15, 2015
another form of stealing.. Dis season hot die
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by bedfordng(m): 5:52pm On Dec 15, 2015
you would have gone to your bank to fill a dispense error form if after 24hours your money was not reversed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by dominique(f): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
bedfordng:
you would have gone to your bank to fill a dispense error form if after 24hours your money was not reversed

I agree. Something similar happened to me years back. I first went into the bank whose ATM debited me but I was directed to go to my bank and lodge a complaint. I rushed to one of the nearest branch of Access bank (when it was still called intercontinental bank), filled a form and the money was reversed to my account within 10 working days. Op should go to the nearest branch of Access bank and lodge a complaint. Calling their helpdesk may not yield the results you'd get if you go there physically and complain.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by diva90: 2:51am On Dec 16, 2015
Don't just call ... , Go into the bank and fill out a dispute /dispense error form, submit to customer service and follow it up. Else your money don go be that oo. I've been through it severally
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by holuphisayor(m): 5:01am On Dec 16, 2015
Fill and submit dispense error form at any accessbank branch. Follow @accessbank_help on twitter to lodge ur complaint.. Shud be resolved asap.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2015
holuphisayor:
Fill and submit dispense error form at any accessbank branch. Follow @accessbank_help on twitter to lodge ur complaint.. Shud be resolved asap.
bedfordng:
dominique:

I agree. Something similar happened to me years back. I first went into the bank whose ATM debited me but I was directed to go to my bank and lodge a complaint. I rushed to one of the nearest branch of Access bank (when it was still called intercontinental bank), filled a form and the money was reversed to my account within 10 working days. Op should go to the nearest branch of Access bank and lodge a complaint. Calling their helpdesk may not yield the results you'd get if you go there physically and complain.

dominique:

Thanks guys, i will go there today and fill the form, i hope it is no yet too late.
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by bedfordng(m): 11:14am On Dec 17, 2015
papawemba:

Thanks guys, i will go there today and fill the form, i hope it is no yet too late.
it may not be too late if you still have records of the transaction, especially the date and stan number
Re: How Do I Get My Money Back After 3 Weeks Atm Debited My Account? by Nobody: 11:24am On Dec 17, 2015
bedfordng:
it may not be too late if you still have records of the transaction, especially the date and stan number

yes i do. i have them stored in my phone and my mobile banking app.

(1) (Reply)

CBN Injects $297.92 Into Secondary Market / How To Become A Successful Betonmarkets Trader / Top Daily Income Business In Nigeria Right Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.