Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,476 members, 7,808,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines (10703 Views)

CBN Issues Guidelines For China-Nigeria Currency Swap Deal (Pics) / Adekola Udaomole Is A Thief And A Bitcoin Scammer, Kindly Advise And Push Foward / I Want To Go Into Keke Napep Business, Please I Need Some Guidelines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2015
I am based in abuja. I have my permanent job. The business will just be another source of income. The business centre will focus on internet cafe, computer training and photocopy/typesetting,exam registration etc.

I want to start a business centre,need advise and guidelines .

a, on whether to start with one or 2 persons and the salary

b, what unique things can be done to attract customers

c, How to monitor staff employed and the mode of income remittance ,since i wont be there all the time.

d, working hours from what time to what time.

e, which ISP is good for the cafe?

f, Should the location of the shop be closer to my office or home for closer monitoring.

g, should i use inverter or generator

h, should i use laptops or desktops for browsing .

i, And Any other advice.

Thank you

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Nobody: 8:00pm On Dec 15, 2015
1. Inverter and generator should be used
2. Desktop not laptop
3. Closer to home especially to a busy area
4. Working hours from 8am-9pm
5. All money made must be recorded plus the number of papers must have been programmes to the printer that is, if I print 6 it shows 6 not 5 on the printer, plus the number of sheet of papers on the photocopying machine must be counted.
6. One person preferably SSCE holder

8 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 8:45am On Dec 16, 2015
thank u. i still need more advise from u all.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2015
1-Photocopier(2nd hand)= 40,000 Naira
2- 3 in 1 printer(brand new)= around 13,000 Naira
3- 2 desktop computers(2nd hand)@ 25,000 Naira each
4- Paper cutter(brandnew) 3,000 Naira
Total=106,000 Naira

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2015
1. DESKTOP(2nd hand)
2. U.P.S(new)
3. Scanner/printer (new, mini, 2 in 1)
4. Coloured Printer (new, for bulk printing)
5. Photocopier, table size (2nd hand)
6. Laminator (new)
7. Spiral binder
8. Thumb printer(for jamb reg)
9. Generator (new, to power printer and photocopier at a time)
10. Any missing item not listed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2015
Let me do a price estimate for you

1- Desktop 2- (15,000-18,000 each)
2- UPS- 1200VA costs ₦15,500 while 1500V costs ₦18,000
3- Printer/Scanner- (3 in 1 ) ₦12,000
4- Colored printer (Some folks suggest laser jet should be used for black and white while deskjet/inkjet printers should be used for colored printing)
5- Photocopier - 40,000-45,000
6- laminator- 7,500
7- spiral binder? not sure of the price.
8- Thumb printer? No idea.
9- Generator- 45,000

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
thank you.what of the salary for staff?

artisticallyart:
Let me do a price estimate for you

1- Desktop 2- (15,000-18,000 each)
2- UPS- 1200VA costs ₦15,500 while 1500V costs ₦18,000
3- Printer/Scanner- (3 in 1 ) ₦12,000
4- Colored printer (Some folks suggest laser jet should be used for black and white while deskjet/inkjet printers should be used for colored printing)
5- Photocopier - 40,000-45,000
6- laminator- 7,500
7- spiral binder? not sure of the price.
8- Thumb printer? No idea.
9- Generator- 45,000
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
Flakky26:
thank you.what of the salary for staff?

10k is very OK especially if the person stay within the area.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Acidosis(m): 5:58pm On Dec 16, 2015
You don't need an internet cafe.

It would be too cumbersome for one person to run. Besides, you might end up spending most of your earnings from Typesetting/Photocopy on Anti-virus and petrol for cafe.

You can assist with registrations and internet services without necessarily running a cafe. All you need is a N3,500 internet modem with monthly subscription or WiFi from a mobile phone.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2015
Thank you all. what of the working hours .will 8am to 8pm be ideal

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by pneumaticos(m): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2015
Flakky26:
Thank you all. what of the working hours .will 8am to 8pm be ideal

This your 8am to 8pm.nawao...its totally dependent on the location,the one i run here close by 5 cos its a private uni...so if the area you are gets less traffic by 7 oclock then close...ir its 4pm close grin

Closing time and salary is all about the environment....tried everything to start with 8 k salary but it never worked..presently paying above 10

your findings your choice,you carry am

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 3:27pm On Jan 06, 2016
pneumaticos:

This your 8am to 8pm.nawao...its totally dependent on the location,the one i run here close by 5 cos its a private uni...so if the area you are gets less traffic by 7 oclock then close...ir its 4pm close grin

Closing time and salary is all about the environment....tried everything to start with 8 k salary but it never worked..presently paying above 10

your findings your choice,you carry am

thank you. but what are the pit falls in the business I should be on the look out for?
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 9:19am On Feb 10, 2016
THANK YOU ALL,I JUST GOT A GOOD SHOP LOCATION FOR The business centre. what are the major items i need to get to kick start the business centre.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by boujaye: 12:32pm On Feb 10, 2016
Compulsory items:

1) 2 tables and 2 chairs for your computers/printers/ operators
2) 3 or 4 plastic chairs or modern bench for customers
3) lockers to keep stationery and other consumables
4) Generator
5) fans or A/C
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 11:53am On Feb 12, 2016
boujaye:
Compulsory items:

1) 2 tables and 2 chairs for your computers/printers/ operators
2) 3 or 4 plastic chairs or modern bench for customers
3) lockers to keep stationery and other consumables
4) Generator
5) fans or A/C

thanks man,as per the generator ,i am thinking of using the inverter am using at home now ,its 1kva.And i also want to know which is the best and affordable isp or gsm company i need to use for the cyber cafe internet access.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 11:57am On Feb 12, 2016
I also want to know which is the best and affordable isp or gsm company i need to use for the cyber cafe internet access.

i need a computer operator urgently ,he/she must be smart and work with less supervision and must reside in Abuja( kado,jahi,kado kuchi ,gwarimpa). send cv to ,

lead2impact@gmail.com

I also want to find out which is the best photo copier i can buy that is around 40k that can make copy and also print black and white.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by fghanni(m): 2:44pm On Feb 16, 2016
Flakky26:
I also want to know which is the best and affordable isp or gsm company i need to use for the cyber cafe internet access.

i need a computer operator urgently ,he/she must be smart and work with less supervision and must reside in Abuja( kado,jahi,kado kuchi ,gwarimpa). send cv to ,

lead2impact@gmail.com

I also want to find out which is the best photo copier i can buy that is around 40k that can make copy and also print black and white.

Hello, kindly check : http://seanetng.com/bandwidth-price/
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 11:50am On Feb 18, 2016
I wont be at the business centre full time. I need advise on how to fully monitor the person employed to manage the place.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by fghanni(m): 2:43pm On Feb 24, 2016
install team-viewer on the server.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by klexycole(m): 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2016
cool

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Flakky26(f): 7:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Thank you all,i just employ a guy,ssce holder. in a week from now,we are kicking off.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by pneumaticos(m): 3:29pm On Mar 06, 2016
Flakky26:
Thank you all,i just employ a guy,ssce holder. in a week from now,we are kicking off.

Now you can coach other upcoming business owner abi,
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by mrintelligent(m): 9:35am On Jun 08, 2016
Flakky26:

Hello Flakky26!

Congrats on your newly established business centre. May it turn to a bigger one by God's Grace.

I also want to go into the business and I hope you will be able to guide me right.

Here are my few questions:

1. Is online registration (waec, jamb and d likes) among what you do at your Business Centre? If yes, please what are the things one needs for that? Someone told me you have to register and buy one software from Waec first. Kindly confirm that.

2. Which of the network provider did you subscribe to for internet?

Waiting to read from you.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by webnerd(m): 7:37pm On Jun 08, 2016
Research on the best network within your locality.like i know certain networks have strong presence in an area (due to certain demographics) & below par in other areas.
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Onuohasworld(m): 3:58pm On Jun 09, 2016
I get computers for sale with one ups.?..Im in lag. .but this business ..not discouraging but cyber cafe business no dey lucrative as before..two around my area don pack up...cos of low patronage,high cost of running generator sets,.nepa issues...tax,paying staff..other sweet untapped businesses dey too..
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by ManiPaul: 7:18am On Jun 14, 2016
Was wondering if anyone can help me with what I can do to start waec, neco and jamb registration in my business centre. I already have a modem, a digital persona*nd a good laptop. Please respond asap
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by mrintelligent(m): 12:03pm On Jun 26, 2016
Onuohasworld:
I get computers for sale with one ups.?..Im in lag. .but this business ..not discouraging but cyber cafe business no dey lucrative as before..two around my area don pack up...cos of low patronage,high cost of running generator sets,.nepa issues...tax,paying staff..other sweet untapped businesses dey too..

What are the other sweet untapped businesses? Please share.
Thanks
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by Onuohasworld(m): 11:10am On Jul 08, 2016
mrintelligent:

What are the other sweet untapped businesses? Please share.
Thanks
?food business...as economy bad reach..people must feed,,people must play betting,people must go to school.,,people must must rent house,people must make and barb hair,people must rechacrge phone and data ...people must fund betting account..
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by howdynaija: 11:16am On Jul 08, 2016
1-Photocopier(2nd hand)= 40,000 Naira
2- 3 in 1 printer(brand new)= around 13,000 Naira
3- 2 desktop computers(2nd hand)@ 25,000 Naira each
4- Paper cutter(brandnew) 3,000 Naira
Total=106,000 Naira

This is fare enough. With this you can start small and grow big.

For the unemployed, corps members, young graduates, civil servants, students and everyone who wants to enjoy lots of goodies and make extra money as well, Something Very Big is Coming in a few days' time. Visit www . comeandeatnow . com (remove the spaces) and add yourself on the waiting list ...
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by mrintelligent(m): 11:10am On Aug 08, 2016
Hello Fellow Business Centre Operators,

I just opened a business centre and I will fully start operation tomorrow. Please I need you to guide me with price list for the below items.

@Nobody, Flakky26, artisticallyart, jmoore, Kaysy, whynot1, segzeeboy and others. Please help me the fees to charge/chargeable (generally) for these services.

1- Typing and Printing
2- Printing only (Black & White)
3- Printing only (Coloured)
4- Colored photocopy
5- Scanning
6- Laminating
7- Online Registration
8- Result Checking & Printing
9- Spiral Binding
10- Computer Training

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Re: I Want To Start A Business Centre,need Advise And Guidelines by MasterJayJay: 5:04pm On Aug 09, 2016
mrintelligent:
Hello Fellow Business Centre Operators,

I just opened a business centre and I will fully start operation tomorrow. Please I need you to guide me with price list for the below items.

@Nobody, Flakky26, artisticallyart, jmoore, Kaysy, whynot1, segzeeboy and others. Please help me the fees to charge/chargeable (generally) for these services.

1- Typing and Printing
2- Printing only (Black & White)
3- Printing only (Coloured)
4- Colored photocopy
5- Scanning
6- Laminating
7- Online Registration
8- Result Checking & Printing
9- Spiral Binding
10- Computer Training

Your prompt response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Charges also depend on location. I will suggest you visit a cybercafe within Abuja and do your survey. Just patronize one of them by requesting they type and print out your CV. While he\she is typing you can 'stylishly' ask the person how much they charge for the other services.

(1) (2) (Reply)

$110m Fine: BATN Restates Commitment To Nigeria’s Laws, Makes Payments / Fire Outbreak Destroys Jico Tech Electircal Appliances Outlet,Bayelsa(photos) / Nigerians Living Abroad Remit $35bn In 11 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.