Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies (10989 Views)

Ghanian Artiste, Wisa, Displays His Manhood Live On Stage [PICS] / Drop A Tribute To Micheal Jackson Here / Janet Jackson's Secret Daughter: Picture Revealed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by AloyEmeka9: 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2009
In Ameria the law is that a person is what ever race his father is.
And if his/her father is unknown like many of them nko?. You are yet to hear of the one drop rule. A biracial child with a black mother and white father is black and not white.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by seeklove: 10:50pm On Jun 07, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

And if his/her father is unknown like many of them nko?. You are yet to hear of the one drop rule. A biracial child with a black mother and white father is black and not white.

Wrong. What you wrote above is not neceserely true. One drop rule is not formal, it is a racial clasification bassed on racisim. There is no law enforcing one drop rule. A biracial child of a black mother and a white father can choose to be either white, black or biracial. Either way the law is at the child's side. If he choses to identify himself as white, there is no law disqualifing him. By law a child has the right to chose the race of any of its parents and he is entitlled to their racaial benefits.
One drop rule is an informal and a racisit opinion. it is propagated by racist groups like the KKK. The law does not protect that rule.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by bawomolo(m): 12:29am On Jun 08, 2009
seeklove, what part of the constitution says you are race of your father?
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 08, 2009
@tpiah

What does he mean by cracker babies?
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by seeklove: 12:50am On Jun 08, 2009
bawomolo:

seeklove, what part of the constitution says you are race of your father?

@bawomolo
what part of the constitution says you are black by one drop rule.

I repeat in America the law recognises that the individual can identify with the race of any of his parents.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by bawomolo(m): 1:27am On Jun 08, 2009
FL Gators:

@tpiah

don't start any chit today

seeklove:

@bawomolo
what part of the constitution says you are black by one drop rule.

I repeat in America the law recognises that the individual can identify with the race of any of his parents.

you are right, cocoyam was the one who misyarned.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by seeklove: 1:50am On Jun 08, 2009
bawomolo:

you are right, cocoyam was the one who misyarned.

I dont think that he misyaerned. He was just making a general statement. If the law allows the child the freedom to choose his fathers race then the law is that the child is the race of the father.

But it dosent mean that the child cannot chose the mothers race. The law alows both choices.

If i say that all igbos are Nigerians, it doesnt mean that i am saying that all Nigerians are igbos. If I say that the nigerian law protects the igbos, it dosent mean that the nigerian law does not protect the housas and the yorubas too.

Saying that by the law the child is his fathers race, doesnt mean that the law forbids him from being his mothers race. It only means that which ever parents the child choses to identify with, the law recognises and protects it.

Anyway this is the way I see his statement, but if thats not what he meant, then he is wrong
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by SeanT21(f): 6:33am On Jun 08, 2009
CRACKER BABIES

Did they deserve the insult
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by tpiah: 6:45am On Jun 08, 2009
seeklove and cocoman4u

I really hope you dont have biracial kids, because if you do, and they believe everything you say, they'll end up with some serious psychological trauma inflicted on them by society. They wont be able to cope at all. undecided

Identity problems in biracial youth

http://cehd.umn.edu/EdPA/licensure/leader/2004Fall/identity.html

What is racial identity?

Bradshaw (1992) claims that developing a healthy self-esteem and an integrated sense of self is more complex for the biracial person than the monoracial person. Since healthy identity development is crucial to the formation of a normal personality, the issue of identity of children of mixed heritage is critical (Milan & Keiley, 2000).

According to Forde-Marzui (1994), identity grows on the three levels of all human development:

Physical

Psychological

Cultural:

The nurturing of self-identity is a prime function of the family. An example of that is that in our society, the developmental needs of Black children are significantly different from those of white children. Black children are taught, from an early age, highly sophisticated coping techniques to deal with racist practices perpetrated by individuals and institutions. Some studies show that only a black family can transmit the emotional and sensitive subtleties of perception and reaction essential for a black child’s survival in a racist society.

Racial identity problems arise when biracial children have to face choosing one racial group and rejecting the other in order to develop an identity. We live in a society that sees things as black and white, with no gray areas. Tiger Woods, who is part African American and part Asian, says that society does not give these children a chance to embrace every aspect of their heritage. Forde-Mazrui (1994) also points out that, although American society has historically defined biracial people (from black and white parents) as black, it is questionable whether black people, as a rule, view biracial people in this way. He says that, in fact, biracial children can experience rejection and alienation from black people as well as from white people.

Wardle (1989) says that today, parents assume one of three positions as to the identity of their interracial children. Some insist that their child is “human above all else” and that race or ethnicity is irrelevant, while others choose to raise their children with the identity of the parent of color. Another growing group of parents is insisting that the child have the ethnic, racial, cultural and genetic heritage of both parents.

According to Wardle (1989), experts do not agree as to what the biracial child identity should be. Some believe an interracial child should have the identity of the parent of color because historically that has been the case, and also because society “sees” these children as having the identity of the parent of color. However, others have argued that the identity of any child is based on an accurate presentation of his or her true background - a child should know, for example, that his “white” mother has a Scottish heritage while his “black” father claims African, Native American and Asian roots.

Cocoman- viligo doesnt affect hair. The other guy who came out publicly about the condition, kept his negro hair, nose and bone structure even though his fiancee was a white woman.

Not that Michael doesnt have my sympathy!
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by tpiah: 6:50am On Jun 08, 2009
FL Gators:

@tpiah

cracker babies is the less derogatory but equally insultive white equivalent of the term nigger babies.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by bawomolo(m): 7:13pm On Jun 08, 2009
I agree, the hair is suspicious.

jermaine's kids aren't that lite
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by ghettochyk(f): 5:01am On Jun 13, 2009
"cracker" is a very derogatory term @ OP, u need to change it.
anyways, i think those kids must be adopted cus they dont look mixed with black.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by stkris(m): 6:59am On Jun 13, 2009
if any of you honestly believes those kids are biologically from MJ; then i bet you also believe santa claus exists.
Re: Micheal Jackson Displays His Cracker Babies by UNLEASHED(m): 7:21pm On Jun 13, 2009
Are those MJ's kids 4 real? Hard to buy that!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Sprays Wande Coal's Mom Money / Meet Late Actress Ireti's Grown-up Son Who Was Only Months Old When She Died / Jamie Lyn Spears Is Pregnant!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.