Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,077 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:53 PM

DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court (49158 Views)

Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu In Court In His Jewish Outfit / Saraki & Ekweremadu Celebrating As FG Drops Charges Against Them (Pics) / Photos Of Nnamdi Kanu in Court Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by mfm04622: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
Can we please wait and ask questions before commenting? The first question is Has Kanu been released?
Remember that ordinarily, the crimes he was charged with cannot b tried at the Magistrate court. So, withdrawing charges at Magistrate court does not mean he will be released. It may mean DSS is ready to prosecute him at the proper court.

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by IgrigiEOD: 2:13pm On Dec 16, 2015
**grins** They are now shouting about higher court and all stuff. Did anyone notice how they pushed the case from an hausa/fulani judge to a yoruba judge? You must give it to the fulani, they know how to play the game of use-and-dump. Same way they used gowon and christian middlebelt during the civil war. I'm sure the yoruba judge won't even know he is being used until it dawns on him that he is just a puppet in a mainly Fulani vs Biafra issue. Tommorow is pregnant. **grins**

3 Likes

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Chanchit: 2:14pm On Dec 16, 2015
Forwetinnah:

gringringrin
Delusion Grandeur...Wait till he gets out! I'll be sure to call your attention when the time comes

I'll be waiting.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by IgrigiEOD: 2:17pm On Dec 16, 2015
sukkot:
i dont think you know what terrorism means. therein lies your myopia and ignorance

**grins** Dekdekmoron, i'm throwing you the books now, point to me where anyone has been sucessfully convicted due to words of mouth that were never implemented in a democratic country. Terrorism is relative. Even donald trump is a potential terrorist to Isis as we speak. Kanu is a terrorist to the falsehold on which your geographical expression was built (apologies to awo) **grins**

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Demdem(m): 2:18pm On Dec 16, 2015
GreatSE:

DEMDEM will never disappoint in his senseless comments,..... No be only strip him of British citizenship....,

So in ur senseless state, u feel it's OK that a criminal mind like kanu should be let go from the Zoos cage eh? The fool that is busy purchasing weapons to fight the zoo. The DSS only withdrew from a lower court to an higher court which to me is a welkom development. Let the Zoos justice system deal with the animal.

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by saviola77(m): 2:19pm On Dec 16, 2015
It looks to me like a lot of people on here have comprehension problems, or am I missing something? News clearly says charges are being dropped at the magistrate court level, in order for the case to be taken to a higher court. And some folks here are rejoicing...I'm embarrassed for them. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by sukkot: 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** Dekdekmoron, i'm throwing you the books now, point to me where anyone has been sucessfully convicted due to words of mouth that were never implemented in a democratic country. Terrorism is relative. Even donald trump is a potential terrorist to Isis as we speak. Kanu is a terrorist to the falsehold on which your geographical expression was built (apologies to awo) **grins**
never implemented ? you people burnt down a mosque and terrorized thousands of people for a whole week who couldnt open their shops or feed their families. all because of dilecta. thats the definition of terrorism. and dont forget he is on tape ordering for weaponry. listen, i dont think you are enlightened enough to know what a terrorist is.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Obipat(m): 2:21pm On Dec 16, 2015
hurricaneChris:

bloody one
seun is a fool. Let him ban me forever. Useless tribalist. I don't even know why I'm here

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by IgrigiEOD: 2:26pm On Dec 16, 2015
sukkot:
never implemented ? you people burnt down a mosque and terrorized thousands of people for a whole week who couldnt open their shops or feed their families. all because of dilecta. thats the definition of terrorism. and dont forget he is on tape ordering for weaponry. listen, i dont think you are enlightened enough to know what a terrorist is.

**grins** You have the tape, you have the evidence. Why wasting time in convicting him if it's substantial enough? The yoruba judge should simply allow himself to be used to convict or kill him with an ordinary tape as the evidence. Why the waste of time? **grins**
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by thunder74(m): 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2015
quote author=thunder74 post=40827294]
https://www.nairaland.com/2789571/ipob-massob-suspend-pro-biafra-protests/6#40827294

The guy will be released on the 16/12/15 or on earlier or later date. Part of the bargain is what the groups have done and one of the reason the court did not sit at the last adjourned date.

The court will strike out the matter for lack of jurisdiction or whatever reasons.

The law permits this for public interest and peace. Better than loosing innocent souls to protests.

Violence and the law can't solve the crisis but diplomacy can.
I said it last week. We are approaching peace gradually.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by KELECHUKWU89: 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2015
hurricaneChris:

bloody one
y VERY BLOODY ONE I NOTICED IT SINCE THE ARREST OF NNAMDI KANU

2 Likes

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Brooklynsouth(f): 2:31pm On Dec 16, 2015
django1:

The story remains the same on facebook pages of all news outlets that carried the news, not even a single one of these ipob boys got the message, they only read the headlines and went straight into party mode, later they will come out to protest the continual detention of kanu and some of them will get shot and killed, all because of what? They couldn't read and comprehend.

Public service announcement

To whom it may concern, the news you have just read now is simply stating that nnamdi kanu is now to be tried in a superior court with additional charges of treason which if I may add carries the death penalty. So before you call phyno and flavour for celebration party in Onitsha take your time to assimilate this message.
how ll u sleep this night thinking about director no way but to ease urself he die by hanging are u happy chai omo he's gonna come victorious tomorrow so go and drink your over dosed otapiapia like your ancestor awo.......

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by wiseoneking: 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
hazyfm1:
So he is alive, and some Iddiots killed them selves for Nothing...
Now you crying again. Cry cry baby. Some people are not happy with this news. I think an idiot leader has now backed out on the case and an idiot is wailing because of kanu. Poor soul. Lol

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by onatisi(m): 2:32pm On Dec 16, 2015
The guy hasn't been released. The case has only been taken to a higher court that has the jurisdiction to tackle terrorism cases. Which means the case has just started afresh
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by sukkot: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** You have the tape, you the evidence. Why wasting time in convicting him if it's substantial enough? The yoruba judge should simply allow himself to be used to convict or kill him with an ordinary tape as the evidence. Why the waste of time. **grins**
nnamdi kanu is small potatoes. he is just a little bug that can be squashed. he is not an agenda that is taken seriously in the grand scheme of the metamorphic changes this government is bringing about. what they are simply trying to do is sweat him a little bit, just let him do a bit of time in detention so that he will come back to his senses and then they will release him. he is no threat and quite frankly if not for the sensibilities of the igbo people in nigeria, they would have taken him to the back of a bush and put a bullet in him and buried him. thats how inconsequential he is. this government has bigger fish to fry like dasuki, and gej and diezani. kanu will just be tortured a little bit so as to scare him and then they will release him. and thats your answer why they keep on delaying and why they wont convict him. he is just a waste of everybodys time.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Mcowubaba: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2015
martineverest:
I wonder y the charges were dropped.. Anybody that threatens the peace of the nation should be charged.

Anybody that wants to leave Nigeria should do that peacefully, cos nobody is forcing you to be a part of Nigeria. Nobody is bigger than Nigeria.

To biafrans, just forget about bigger deltans; it's easier to convince the northerners to join Biafra than to convince an average s-southerner.
. We re tired of hatred and ethnocentrism towards other tribe.
. From a concerned Niger deltan
We are tired of hearing this line..
Fuxk off with ur Niger Delta...WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN....u guys always like feeling relevant...
I am Igbo nd believe me when I say- I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABT people like u...IGBO NATION is BIG ENOUGH FOR US......we don't need u...
Bookmark this post, nd always refer to it, when u start feeling relevant...swerve abeggi~ cheesy

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by marv1: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
writetopoker:
To have arrested Nnamdi Kanu is a mistake, to even release him is another sign of stupidity from government.

Nnamdi Kanu is a living hero, more popular than pmb, a true born Biafra, and a moses of our time.
Biafra must come, quote me anywhere
Just wait for events to unfold dont conclude yet.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by jarofbeauty: 2:35pm On Dec 16, 2015
DSS dropped charges against him in the magistrate court so that it could take the case to a higher court of competent jurisdiction. So he will now be tried in the High Court.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by phranco(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2015
joseph1832:
I hope he learns his lesson that this administration isn't the last administration where "do as you like was the order of the day".

And for all those who still believe violent protest and shouting and ranting for a country that exists only in their dreams, I'll have you know that this administration is one of "do anyhow, and you go see anyhow". A lucid lesson Kanu just learned, so did that blogger in Ogun state.

Let peace reign!!!. One love!.

Can't believe you are still dreaming bro,wake up brother and embrace reality,Biafra is imminent and no two ways about it. Its either you believe or you head to the lagoon.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by wiseoneking: 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
joseph1832:
I hope he learns his lesson that this administration isn't the last administration where "do as you like was the order of the day".

And for all those who still believe violent protest and shouting and ranting for a country that exists only in their dreams, I'll have you know that this administration is one of "do anyhow, and you go see anyhow". A lucid lesson Kanu just learned, so did that blogger in Ogun state.

Let peace reign!!!. One love!.
A+ for kanu. He got his popular and messed up the govt. First text of an activist:A+++. We are waiting for the second round, Briafra is booting very fast.

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by toludadon(m): 2:37pm On Dec 16, 2015
martineverest:
I wonder y the charges were dropped.. Anybody that threatens the peace of the nation should be charged.

Anybody that wants to leave Nigeria should do that peacefully, cos nobody is forcing you to be a part of Nigeria. Nobody is bigger than Nigeria.

To biafrans, just forget about bigger deltans; it's easier to convince the northerners to join Biafra than to convince an average s-southerner.
. We re tired of hatred and ethnocentrism towards other tribe.
. From a concerned Niger deltan

the charges were dropped at magistrate court to pave way for terrorism charges at federal high court
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by joseph1832(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
phranco:

Can't believe you are still dreaming bro,wake up brother and embrace reality,Biafra is imminent and no two ways about it. Its either you believe or you head to the lagoon.
Well who's dreaming? If your Biafra exists why are you clamoring for it?

Anyway its not my fault if you wan to show just how silly you are dude. So feel free eh.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by alaskido(m): 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2015
This is good news. The Federal Government has nothing on him. He only owned a radio station. Is that a crime now in Nigeria. Boko Haram killed a lot of innocent souls and try to divide the country to create their own country, Shekaru was never arrested by DSS and tried for terrorism and treason. Maka WHY? Is it because he is a MUSLIM? If Nnamdi Kanu was a MUSLIM and owned a radio station broadcasting or insinuating to divide the country, I bet you he will not be arrested or prosecuted. Instead he will be regarded as an USMAN DAN FODIO.

Bull shit.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by toludadon(m): 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
Obipat:
seun is a fool. Let him ban me forever. Useless tribalist. I don't even know why I'm here

just because you are confused like the rest of the bunch... they threaten to leave nairaland, yet they keep coming back

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by IgrigiEOD: 2:42pm On Dec 16, 2015
sukkot:
[s]nnamdi kanu is small potatoes. he is just a little bug that can be squashed. he is not an agenda that is taken seriously in the grand scheme of the metamorphic changes this government is bringing about. what they are simply trying to do is sweat him a little bit, just let him do a bit of time in detention so that he will come back to his senses and then they will release him. he is no threat and quite frankly if not for the sensibilities of the igbo people in nigeria, they would have taken him to the back of a bush and put a bullet in him and buried him. thats how inconsequential he is. this government has bigger fish to fry like dasuki, and gej and diezani. kanu will just be tortured a little bit so as to scare him and then they will release him. and thats your answer why they keep on delaying and why they wont convict him. he is just a waste of everybodys time.[/s]

**grins** Unfortunately he understands your cruel and crude fulani mentality, that's why he created all the awareness he did before coming home. Even you enemies admit he is a smart dude. He has seen thousands of his comrades killed extrajudicially as a massob member, he was at ezu river, so he had this one thought out. Killing pro-Biafrans now come with great recompense that may not guarantee the lives of your hausa/fulani anywhere a Biafran exists, even outside the shores of this country. Kanu made sure of that. Let's doff our hats for him **grins**

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by toludadon(m): 2:44pm On Dec 16, 2015
phranco:

it was imminent in 1966 and yet you guys are still here.. aren't you ever tired of expressing your stupidity in the public?

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Godson32(m): 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2015
Nnamdi Kanu is a winner whether u like it or not. To arrest this man was a mistake from the part of Nigeria,now he's a living legend and his followers has doubled or even tripled.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by xbit: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2015
You only think, you are not sure. think well bro.
sukkot:
i think they will release him after a very stiff warning that if he continues his act he will be arrested and this time there will be no mercy. and i also think buhari has colluded with britain and they have stripped him of british citizenship so he can never return to britain. his wings have been clipped now so they will let him go. he has been neutered
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by sukkot: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2015
IgrigiEOD:

**grins** Unfortunately he understands your cruel and crude fulani mentality, that's why he created all the awareness he did before coming home. Even you enemies admit he is a smart dude. He has seen thousands of his comrades killed extrajudicially as a massob member, he was at ezu river, so he had this one thought out. Killing pro-Biafrans now come with great recompense that may not guarantee the lives of your hausa/fulani anywhere a Biafran exists, even outside the shores of this country. Kanu made sure of that. Let's doff our hats for him **grins**
he may be smart to you but wise men know he is just a disposable pawn used by PDP to cause havoc

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by IgrigiEOD: 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
Mcowubaba:

We are tired of hearing this line..
Fuxk off with ur Niger Delta...WE DON'T GIVE A DAMN....u guys always like feeling relevant...
I am Igbo nd believe me when I say- I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABT people like u...IGBO NATION is BIG ENOUGH FOR US......we don't need u...
Bookmark this post, nd always refer to it, when u start feeling relevant...swerve abeggi~ cheesy

**grins** Stop falling for the trap. The guy is obviously yoruba. We caught an hausa man Everfrank claiming to be nigerdeltan and yorubas too numerous to mention, with the usually 'we ss hate biafra' crap. Ignore posts like that and move on. Biafrans know themselves. **grins**

1 Like

Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by Ejjis(m): 2:49pm On Dec 16, 2015
Good news for Nigeria.
Re: DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court by odaniel1(m): 2:51pm On Dec 16, 2015
OsusuMustFlow:
After the lower court granted him bail, the DSS got an order of the federal high court, Abuja, to keep the leader of IPOB in detention.

maka why?

I tire o! This country sef na so-so power dy hungry dem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Idoma People Welcome David Mark Today In Otukpo, Benue State(pics / Godday Orubebe (PDP) Accuses Jega Of Bias / Soldier Disarming An IED With His Bare Hands In Kafan Ruwa, Borno (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.