Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:55 AM

How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) (7675 Views)

Download SP Tool (SP Flash Tool) For All Mediatek (MTK) Devices / How To Unbrick Your Bricked Android Phone / Touch Recoveries For Tecno F6 Which Can Also Be Used To Port Similar Mtk Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) by noirsangre(m): 12:43am On Dec 17, 2015
While rooting your android phone and installing custom recoveries like CWM or TWRP is commonplace these days, there is still a high chance of something going wrong after or during rooting. This is known as bricking and there are two different types of Bricking. The first one is Soft Brick and is not as serious and is easily fixable. The other one known as Hard Brick is far more serious and not all phones can be recovered when this happens.

SOFT BRICK
Soft brick is when your phone can come on but is stuck on the boot screen. When this happens, your phone keeps restarting itself on the boot screen without actually coming on fully. This can be fixed by flashing a custom ROM via recovery or using SPflash Tool. Using SPflash Tool should only be done when you do not have a custom recovery because it is a very risky process and can result in your phone getting hard bricked or a host of other problems when not done well.

To recover from a Soft Brick, all you have to do is to search for a custom ROM for your device online and download it to your SD card. Then boot into recovery by switching off your device and holding the Volume + button along with the power button (there are different methods for different phones. Google your phone online to check which one works for you) and release when the device comes on. It should take you to your custom recovery.

For CWM, just navigate to system and data reset and select it. On the next screen, navigate to yes and press your power button. This should format your phone. Then after your phone has been formatted, scroll to the “install zip from SD card” option. Navigate to the custom rom you downloaded earlier and select it with the power button. On the next screen, navigate to the yes option and select it. Wait until you get a confirmation message. Then power off your device and power it on again. It should now boot into the custom ROM you downloaded.

For TWRP, just select the “install zip” option. Navigate to where your custom rom is and select it. It will then install the rom. Just power off your device and power it on again. Your phone should now boot into the custom Rom you downloaded.

HARD BRICK
A hard brick is the worst thing that can happen to an Android device. This is when your phone does not boot up at all and does not charge. Fixing a hard bricked device is still not that complicated as far as you have all the tools required.

To fix a hard bricked device, you’ll need the following files –

PDA software for your laptop.
SPFlash Tool.
Your Stock Rom for the device you’re Fixing.
Download all the above requirements and continue with the guide.

NOTE: to download using a mobile device, you must have the MEGA app installed.

Install the PDA software on your laptop and follow all the prompts to successfully install the drivers on your laptop.

Extract the stock rom of the device you are flashing and locate the Scatter file. (it is normally in the txt format)

Extract the SPFlash tool and locate the exe file. Right click and select “run as administrator”

Choose scatter loading and select the Scatter file from your extracted stock rom.

scatter file

Select the download only menu and click format all+download.

format all plus download

Tick all files except user data and cache.

Click the download button at the top and immediately connect your phone to your laptop.

You should see a progress bar and a confirmation message if everything goes fine.

Unplug your phone and reboot. Your phone is no longer hard bricked.

Source: www.Androidtag.com
Re: How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) by tdammy(m): 1:41am On Dec 17, 2015
cool

Am watching!!!
Re: How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) by Gosj01(m): 7:51am On Dec 17, 2015
folowing
Re: How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) by femiman007(m): 9:55am On Dec 17, 2015
I have a Samsung galaxy grand 2 (SM-G7102)Which got hard bricked due to faulty upgrade. It doesn't power on at all, and doesn't booth to recovery mode. Then I discovered it is a MT6582 device with android version 4.3. All efforts to wake it proved abortive. I read from a forum online that it can only be woken by using J-Tag box or Juke Box. But I've not been able to see someone who has any of these boxes.
Please help!!!
Re: How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) by noirsangre(m): 11:24pm On Dec 17, 2015
femiman007:
I have a Samsung galaxy grand 2 (SM-G7102)Which got hard bricked due to faulty upgrade. It doesn't power on at all, and doesn't booth to recovery mode. Then I discovered it is a MT6582 device with android version 4.3. All efforts to wake it proved abortive. I read from a forum online that it can only be woken by using J-Tag box or Juke Box. But I've not been able to see someone who has any of these boxes.
Please help!!!
You do not need to wake it up before flashing. Just download sp flash tool and follow the steps above.
Re: How To Fix Your Bricked MTK Devices (SOFT + HARD) by femiman007(m): 1:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Thanks, but I've tried the above steps many times. It just didn't finish the loading process. Then someone told me only J-TAG box can finish the process.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Your Phone Battery Last 3x Longer Than Normal[tricks] / Guys Am Just Kinda Confuse,what Is Your Take On This Pls. / Airtel Double Data Offer - Get 3GB For Only 1k, 7GB For 2k Or 18GB For 4k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.