Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,450 members, 7,781,301 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:01 PM

FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management (20826 Views)

Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / FG Assures Customs Officers Of Salary Increment- Adeoson / FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by cybermic007: 11:21am On Dec 17, 2015
The office of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) says it is upgrading the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS) to ensure payment of December salary before Christmas.

The Director of Funds in the office, Mr Mohammed Dikwa, stated this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Abuja on the sideline of a one-day workshop on the Treasury Single Account and e-payment/collection.

Dikwa said that the system would be shut down over the weekend for the upgrade.

“The essence of the shut down is for maintenance. Some people complained that they couldn’t have access over the last few weeks because of the queue management challenge.

“We want to upgrade the infrastructure that we have over the weekend so that by Monday next week all payments will go on smoothly.

“If you look at the trend, people find it difficult to have access easily because the infrastructure was not strong enough to effectively handle the queue management.

“But with the new improvement, the system will be easily accessed, there will be seamless transactions, and people will get their money before Christmas particularly salaries and other financial commitments of government.

“I want to assure all Federal civil servants that, God willing, they will get their salaries before Christmas because we will try as much as possible to pay the salaries before that time.

“We hope to have the Federation Account Allocation Committee meeting much more earlier and that will give us the room to have more money into the consolidated revenue of the federal government that will be used for the purpose of paying salaries and other commitments of government as far as this financial year is concerned.’’

Earlier at the workshop, Dikwa, who represented the AGF, Alhaji Ahmed Idris, said that the maintenance was to enhance the capability of the system to address the issue of queue management and other associated operational challenges.

NAN reports that GIFMIS is an information technology based system for budget management and accounting that is being implemented by the federal government.

The aim is to improve public expenditure management processes and to enhance greater accountability and transparency across ministries and agencies.

In her remarks at the workshop, the acting Head of the Civil Service of the Federation, Mrs Wilnifred Oyo-Ita, said the workshop was an opportunity for stakeholders to deliberate on the challenges associated with the TSA implementation.

Oyo-Ita, who was represented by the Permanent Secretary in her office, Mr Yemi Adelakun, said that the outcome of the workshop would provide the much needed feedback for policy evaluation and review.

NAN reports that the workshop was organised by Jk Consulting Company Limited in collaboration with the Office of the Account-General of the Federation.

It participants included senior account officers and internal auditors of ministries, departments and agencies of the federal government. (NAN)
http://leadership.ng/news/483972/fg-assures-payment-salaries-christmas-upgrade-financial-management-system-ag

1 Like

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by iokpebholo: 11:33am On Dec 17, 2015
I hope so oh at least I was paid b4 xmas last year

2 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by dabigwalls: 11:35am On Dec 17, 2015
Celebration of salary payment. Disgraceful.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by goodmorning40: 11:39am On Dec 17, 2015
what of bonus payment or don't we deserve extra with this economy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by ALTERNATEID: 11:40am On Dec 17, 2015
dabigwalls:

Nothing can ever stop you people from wailing. If they refuse to pay workers salaries before xmas, people like you will open wailing threads to castigate the president. Now that the government says it would pay before xmas, it is a disgraceful decision.

See, the only disgrace here goes to people like you who will be shamed when federal workers are paid before xmas against your evil wishes.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by dabigwalls: 4:29pm On Dec 17, 2015
ALTERNATEID:

Nothing can ever stop you people from wailing. If they refuse to pay workers salaries before xmas, people like you will open wailing threads to castigate the president. Now that the government says it would pay before xmas, it is a disgraceful decision.

See, the only disgrace here goes to people like you who will be shamed when federal workers are paid before xmas against your evil wishes.

Are you talking to me?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by ShowYourCertificate: 7:33am On Dec 18, 2015
ALTERNATEID:

APC robot detected.

Salary payment isn't an achievement, it's compulsory. Those workers earned it so you ain't doing them any favor by paying them their salaries. However nobody is saying prompt payment of salaries is a bad thing.

Nobody will wail here if FG pays salary on time. But nobody should celebrate it as an achievement either. But if salaries are delayed, as is often the scenario, we have every right to wail cry grin

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Nickky28(m): 7:41am On Dec 18, 2015
Alright, we have heard
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by greatiyk4u(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2015
Quite expected.................
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 18, 2015
Hope mr LIE isn't in anyway involved in dis news maybe editor or something.....cos d way dat goddamn man lies enh

1 Like

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by rozayx5(m): 7:42am On Dec 18, 2015
lipsrsealed

since buhari came . federal civil servant salaries has been making news every month undecided

very bad

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by philtex(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
thank God.
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Opinedecandid(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
What a lie.

When they have not paid November salaries as at December 18th?

As we one State Governor had paid December Salaries as at Wednesday, December 16th.
It is not in talking, 'propangandaring' and lying. It is in actually performing.

We are sick and tired of the promise and fail if this administration.

We are sick and tired of the so much lies. We want action.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by SylarsMcQuins: 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
Lemme blame GEJ coz the last time I blamed PMB the mods got me banned.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by godoluwa(m): 7:43am On Dec 18, 2015
adonbilivit
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Heemzy: 7:44am On Dec 18, 2015
hmmm,.
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by felnino(m): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2015
End time salary, end time AGF, well sha make them pay quick make we see something use celebrate xmas.

1 Like

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Demmocrats(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2015
The office of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) says it is upgrading the Government Integrated Financial Management Information System (GIFMIS) to ensure payment of December salary before Christmas.

Ehe i knew there was a reasonable explanation to the salary issue, i only trust my Sai Buhari the rest can do and undo.

Sai Buhari.

3 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by thefakestan: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2015
Still thinking of what I "will" type.

Will Will

Just DO IT!

ThefakeStan

1 Like

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by maxiuc(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2015
Should we now rejoice

APC. Scammed us bigtime

3 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Ekeke1(m): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2015
So they want us to celebrate becos they're paying workers their salaries

5 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by globalresource: 7:45am On Dec 18, 2015
Good development....states pls follow suite
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Sijo01(f): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2015
dabigwalls:

Just imagine! This is what apc have reduced Nigeria to. What a pity

3 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by allthingsgood: 7:46am On Dec 18, 2015
Story! This is what the promise every month. Nigeria now has 50days in a month cos salary is always delayed

5 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by ademoladeji(m): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2015
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by ogawisdom(m): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2015
grin Apc Govt and promises sha, I hope they fulfill this one ooo. Will b waiting
Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by sparkleRed(f): 7:46am On Dec 18, 2015
Since I am now a federal worker unto nysc am expectant also, I wantu make my christmas hair mbok and buy my christmas clothes and shoe ku bok Abasi grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Assures Payment Of Salaries Before Christmas, To Upgrade Financial Management by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 18, 2015
E concern them

As long as they wont stop my JCole from doing rap cheesy
Np: in the morning - Jcole ft DrAkE♨️♨️♨️

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How Germans Abuse Nigerian Workers, On Nigerian Soil / Nigerian Police,navy,airforce And Customs Who Earn The The Largest Pay / NLC Takes Over MTN Offices In Calabar Over Staff Ill-treatment (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.