Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:45 AM

How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job (38904 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / I Got My First N-POWER Alert After Seven Months (pics) / I Got My Dream Job On Nairaland Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by donodion(m): 7:47am On Dec 18, 2015
Some big headed-lazy arse-loud mouthed-street thing won't read this and think, if OP could, so can I.

Except scheming for email addresses, peoples credit and bank details, stealing photos to SCAM online.

Nuisance !!!

OP...two thumbs up for a beautiful inspiring post.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by danduchi(m): 8:20am On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
am a geophysicist myself
your story is very inspiring, thank God for you bro.... I finished from FUTMinna and I am good at arithmetic. Touch a brother's life... 08066259943. God will reward u.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by exlink10(m): 9:42am On Dec 18, 2015
idu1:
You have HND computer science and you here begging for what?

You don't know anything...

Come watin be una problem, I tell you say i no get job? ......hahahahahah,

but you can't pass over a better one and you know that
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by exlink10(m): 9:44am On Dec 18, 2015
idu1:
You have HND computer science and you here begging for what?

You don't know anything...

Come watin be una problem, I tell you say i no get job? ......hahahahahah,

but you can't pass over a better one and you know that
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by exlink10(m): 9:45am On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
I graduated from the university about 3years ago, and as a normal Nigerian graduate, I sat at home submitting cvs from one company to another, hoping ill one day get my dream job. I submitted cvs day in, day out and gradually days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I gained weight and before I knew it,I felt myself rapidly aging, was looking far older than I was. The agenda for the day where the same, eat, games, sleep, eat, TV/games, sleep.If I needed money for anything I asked my mum, it was truly a nightmare, my mum took full advantage, in making me do menial house-chores which I so hated. Something has to change I thought.
I decided to go out and do anything I can to make money, so I started home lessons for my aunts children, she paid me 5k for two hours lesson, three times a week. I wrote an application to teach in one "dead" private school at a place far from me, I knew I would never be turned down due to my educational qualifications.So I landed my first ever job post school days, I was to teach 6 subjects(mathematics,geography,agric,biology,chemistry and physics) both for ss1 and ss2. It was a stressful job and the pay was just 16k, the transport from the school to where I stay was 4k per-month. Teaching at that school was soooo stressful, writing lesson notes for all those subjects, marking students notes and teaching. It was very stressful but I did the job diligently, My director recommended me to a man who was looking for a lesson teacher for his son, he paid 20k for 3hours a day, four times a week lesson. I was no longer depending on my mum for financial support and hence i stopped the house-chores I so hated grin .
Fast forward, I was one day preparing the js3 class for there upcoming junior waec one evening when i noticed a woman who looked very rich observing me from the window. She was inside her car passing by and heard me teaching and it caught her attention. She sent her security man to collect my number, was expecting her call but she never called. One month later, I received a call and it was her, she wanted me doing home lesson for her children, they where 3 in number. After much negotiations she opted to pay 80k for the 3 of them, at this time all my earnings combined was about 116k. I stopped doing lessons for my aunts children, was just focused on my two lessons and the school where I was teaching.
Fast forward, the woman I worked for was a talkative and I liked talking myself, each time am teaching her children and shes around, we talk about everything. She grew to like me, and in no short time it was like we've known ourselves for a long time. Her husband is a contractor to a big oil company and he wanted starting an oil servicing firm for his wife, due to the discussions me and his wife usually have, I got to know. She told me about the project and how they already have everything in place, just looking for the right personnel's. She needed a manager who would run the place, she told me about it and subtly asked me if I was interested since I read a course similar to what she wants. I quickly agreed, despite my lack of experience she made me the manager of the soon to start establishment.
It was all a dream, as the manager I was entitled to my own personal car, which she gave me from her and her husbands fleet of cars and my salary structure is now over 400k. We started the company, she brought in more experienced people but all of them are to call me "SIR''. I became boss to car owners, " Big Men" and during the 6months have been working there now have shook hands to highly important personalities. The first interview we conducted, I saw graduates trooping in, just to get this job, made me realize how far I have come in a short while, only because I decided to leave the house and get busy instead of jumping from one interview to another.
The company has done really well in this few months, our second recruitment exercise is tomorrow and its like have been here all my life. In reality March this year, I didn't envisage Ill be here so soon. Morals of this, to those graduates out there still waiting for big organizations to start recruiting,before leaving the house, please get out there and do anything, no matter how menial it might be, while doing it be diligent , cause you might never know when its your turn to break-free of the yoke that's unemployment .
cc lalasticlala

Hi, I really thank God for his mercies over you. I say Amennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn to your favored life.

I couldn't help noticing that you said you guys are recruiting again tomorrow....

Am interested. I have ND & HND in computer science and i know alot about the discipline. I will appreciate if you can make it possible for me. I really don tire to look job bro. Even if space dey for ND certificate, i wouldn't mind.

Am not asking you to give me the job on a platter of gold, all am asking is for you to get me to the door and watch me get job.

Thanks so much and may God continue to bless and prosper you.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Onelovetayz(m): 10:09am On Dec 18, 2015
Congratulations. It is well with you in all ramifications of life, Amen.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by danduchi(m): 10:19am On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
am a geophysicist myself
pls can I have ur Email so I can send my credentials if there is an opportunity... I will appreciate sir, looking forward to hearing from you
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2015
MMMFAGUY1:
i collide wit ur blessing. God will continue 2 show u favour in Jesus name amen.
AMEN!!!
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2015
Nkenkenyi87:
Congrats bro...pls u said your 2nd interview is 2moro how can I knw when nxt you re recruiting?Dis is my email pls: asogwakings87@gmail.com...thanks sir!
NOTED!!! YOU'LL DEFINITELY GET AN ALERT WHEN NEXT WE ARE RECRUITING
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:27am On Dec 18, 2015
chrisgush:
Big congrats to you. Am always happy when I read stories like this. God who has lifted you high will continually lift you higher. Cheers!
THANKS SIR
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:29am On Dec 18, 2015
greggng:

Chai this ur story sweet my body die. Bros remember me in your kingdom o. I dey house with my hnd upper credit in accounting for 3years now. Connect me when next u need worker?
DROP YOUR EMAIL AND YOU'LL BE DULY NOTIFIED
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:30am On Dec 18, 2015
Usminous:

Nice one bro...... am so happy for you... Please try and be your brother keeper..... I need a job... I studied SLT I can handle any lab work...... And also I can be in quality assurance department of your company I have over 5 years working experience... This is my email :usminous@gmail.com.....
NOTED!!!
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by millhouse: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2015
give a wiperrrrrr
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:36am On Dec 18, 2015
6fit:

thank God for u....i did dsame. 7years is gone now am still teaching in d skool with no such oportunity or link to a bigger job...i doubt if d skool owner is not using staff aura to survive
GOD IS YOUR STRENGTH, YOUR TIME WOULD DEFINITELY COME
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 11:42am On Dec 18, 2015
Goldencollins:
My Brother congratulations,may God continue to lift u higher,I tap into ur blessing In Jesus Name. Amen
I wish to get my dream Job soon,pls kindly notify me when next ur company is recruiting my mail is news360ng@gmail.com
NOTED!!!
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by SmartKillinex: 11:47am On Dec 18, 2015
do rich folks send their wards to death school...
how about we talk a lot eith sum1 dat admires me...

::::::3kids 4 80bags
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by SmartKillinex: 11:47am On Dec 18, 2015
just checking if the story adds up,no hatting.

congrat if its wat u say it is..
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Nlevel(m): 11:48am On Dec 18, 2015
congrats bro! I am also interested in getting a job in. your company.I have BSc. in Industrial Chemistry.Thanks
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Nlevel(m): 11:50am On Dec 18, 2015
congrats bro! I am also interested in getting a job in. your company.I have BSc. in Industrial Chemistry.Thanks.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Nlevel(m): 11:58am On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
I graduated from the university about 3years ago, and as a normal Nigerian graduate, I sat at home submitting cvs from one company to another, hoping ill one day get my dream job. I submitted cvs day in, day out and gradually days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I gained weight and before I knew it,I felt myself rapidly aging, was looking far older than I was. The agenda for the day where the same, eat, games, sleep, eat, TV/games, sleep.If I needed money for anything I asked my mum, it was truly a nightmare, my mum took full advantage, in making me do menial house-chores which I so hated. Something has to change I thought.
I decided to go out and do anything I can to make money, so I started home lessons for my aunts children, she paid me 5k for two hours lesson, three times a week. I wrote an application to teach in one "dead" private school at a place far from me, I knew I would never be turned down due to my educational qualifications.So I landed my first ever job post school days, I was to teach 6 subjects(mathematics,geography,agric,biology,chemistry and physics) both for ss1 and ss2. It was a stressful job and the pay was just 16k, the transport from the school to where I stay was 4k per-month. Teaching at that school was soooo stressful, writing lesson notes for all those subjects, marking students notes and teaching. It was very stressful but I did the job diligently, My director recommended me to a man who was looking for a lesson teacher for his son, he paid 20k for 3hours a day, four times a week lesson. I was no longer depending on my mum for financial support and hence i stopped the house-chores I so hated grin .
Fast forward, I was one day preparing the js3 class for there upcoming junior waec one evening when i noticed a woman who looked very rich observing me from the window. She was inside her car passing by and heard me teaching and it caught her attention. She sent her security man to collect my number, was expecting her call but she never called. One month later, I received a call and it was her, she wanted me doing home lesson for her children, they where 3 in number. After much negotiations she opted to pay 80k for the 3 of them, at this time all my earnings combined was about 116k. I stopped doing lessons for my aunts children, was just focused on my two lessons and the school where I was teaching.
Fast forward, the woman I worked for was a talkative and I liked talking myself, each time am teaching her children and shes around, we talk about everything. She grew to like me, and in no short time it was like we've known ourselves for a long time. Her husband is a contractor to a big oil company and he wanted starting an oil servicing firm for his wife, due to the discussions me and his wife usually have, I got to know. She told me about the project and how they already have everything in place, just looking for the right personnel's. She needed a manager who would run the place, she told me about it and subtly asked me if I was interested since I read a course similar to what she wants. I quickly agreed, despite my lack of experience she made me the manager of the soon to start establishment.
It was all a dream, as the manager I was entitled to my own personal car, which she gave me from her and her husbands fleet of cars and my salary structure is now over 400k. We started the company, she brought in more experienced people but all of them are to call me "SIR''. I became boss to car owners, " Big Men" and during the 6months have been working there now have shook hands to highly important personalities. The first interview we conducted, I saw graduates trooping in, just to get this job, made me realize how far I have come in a short while, only because I decided to leave the house and get busy instead of jumping from one interview to another.
The company has done really well in this few months, our second recruitment exercise is tomorrow and its like have been here all my life. In reality March this year, I didn't envisage Ill be here so soon. Morals of this, to those graduates out there still waiting for big organizations to start recruiting,before leaving the house, please get out there and do anything, no matter how menial it might be, while doing it be diligent , cause you might never know when its your turn to break-free of the yoke that's unemployment .
cc lalasticlala

congrats bro! I have BSc. in Industrial Chemistry I don't mind a job in your coy...ade.caleb1@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by greggng: 12:03pm On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
DROP YOUR EMAIL AND YOU'LL BE DULY NOTIFIED

Thanks so much I know my breakthrough is near my email is echebirigregory@outlook.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by pesky2000: 12:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
Congrats bro....
Am also a graduate seeking for job oooooi dnt mind if u can help a nairalander....pls....
Gigadebiyi2000@gmail.com
Pls help a brother....
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by DanielGb(m): 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Congrat bro. mo bae yor.

still on the believe that:
what we need is not Job offer but opportunity. The opportunity to do the kind of work we want and be at the place we want. Opportunity comes only at the place of work. Let's Find something to do.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Ezegozie(m): 1:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Equado post=41107696][/quote]

Equado
Alright bro, thanks for ur explanation

please your boy is also a geology graduate from Nnamdi Azikiwe from University (2nd class Upper) currently serving in Akwaibom state.
I will be through in match.

please I have some important things I will like us to discuss.
i have sent you a pchat, but yet to receive your response.
This is my email Ezegozie@yahoo.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by milkydoll(f): 1:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
Bros thank God 4 u ooo,pls incase of next recruitment kip us posted, am also interested rozenabor@yahoo.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 2:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
milkydoll:
Bros thank God 4 u ooo,pls incase of next recruitment kip us posted, am also interested rozenabor@yahoo.com
NOTED!!!
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 2:50pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ezegozie:

Equado
Alright bro, thanks for ur explanation

please your boy is also a geology graduate from Nnamdi Azikiwe from University (2nd class Upper) currently serving in Akwaibom state.
I will be through in match.

please I have some important things I will like us to discuss.
i have sent you a pchat, but yet to receive your response.
This is my email Ezegozie@yahoo.com
WOULD REPLY SHORTLY
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 3:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
NOTED!!!
Nlevel:

congrats bro! I have BSc. in Industrial Chemistry I don't mind a job in your coy...ade.caleb1@gmail.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by DzTzl(f): 3:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
Congrats! Errm its a pity I read ds late, I noticed today is your second recruitment exercise which I have obviously missed, wouldn't mind an opportunity. Thanks
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by hommer(f): 4:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hello Equado. Thank God for your testimony. I know someone with over 8 years of experience who is pipeline Engineer. If you can contact me at sucessv@Yahoo.com, I will forward you his cover letter and CV
Thanks

quote author=Equado post=41092155] This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
cc lalasticlala[/quote]
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by hommer(f): 4:57pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hello Equado. Thank God for your testimony. I know someone with over 8 years of experience who is pipeline Engineer. If you can contact me at sucessv@Yahoo.com, I will forward you his cover letter and CV
Thanks
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by hommer(f): 5:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Hello Equado. Thank God for your testimony. I know someone with over 8 years of experience who is pipeline Engineer. If you can contact me at omaemmie@Yahoo.com, I will forward you his cover letter and CV.Disregard the other email....sucessv@Yahoo.com
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Greet My Panel Of Interviewers / Oando Gas And Power Limited Recruitment 2017 (4 Positions) / Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.