Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,015 members, 7,803,384 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job (38893 Views)

5 Months After Landing My Dream Job In An Int'l NGO, The Admin Shocked Me Today / I Got My First N-POWER Alert After Seven Months (pics) / I Got My Dream Job On Nairaland Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by obinna2nv(m): 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
NOTED!!!

Am interested too in your company bro, I could work in your HSE dept, a qualified Health and Safety officer with a degree in Environmental Technology, (2.1). You can reach on this mail on the next recruitment, obilo444@yahoo.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by chizzy86(f): 6:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
NOTED!!!

Pls o. Am interested. acetechboss@gmail.com. getchizzy@yahoo.com.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by ehix89(m): 7:22pm On Dec 18, 2015
Shinelle:
Lol
people don leave matter begin advertise their unemployment. . . .

Congratulations OP on your success !

P.S : wont be left out..
I'm a graduate of Accounting (1.1) done with service, also available and willing to work..
shinelle01@gmail.com
thanks ):
1st class u ma dhey luk 4 work?
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by ehix89(m): 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ezegozie:
@ Equado

inasmuch as I learnt so many things from your story, I noticed some couples of contradiction between this your post and your earlier post on 13 december 2014 where you claimed you caught your Manager with the fiancee of your friend in ur manager's office in a gas company.

To me, this is a contradiction to this story because from what you said, this Oil and gas company was opened and you became the manager.
So what then are you insinuating in the other topic?

Is this actually a real life story or a motivational story?
investigator Sir
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Khez: 8:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
Bro sent in mine before o, but didn't get any reply o

Mine is
okafor.km@gmail.com
Library and information science bsc

Please should in case i fit in anywhere bro abegi

God bless

Equado:
NOTED!!!
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Khez: 8:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Equado:
DROP YOUR EMAIL AND YOU'LL BE DULY NOTIFIED

Very good in customer service relation and inventory /record keeping boss

Bsc library and information science

Okafor.km@gmail.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by zieraw2005(m): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
Bro please do not pass me by when ur next recruitment comes up.

I studied Environmental Resource Management

BSc 3.46 (CGPA)
zierawdgnomic@gmail.com
I am good with computer programming, database management, advanced excel Usage. QuickBooks, Tally accounting and AutoCAD.

Will appreciate your help bro
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Amustical(m): 4:23am On Dec 19, 2015
Thank God for your testimony. Congratulations on your new position my brother, with Due respect, I hold HND. In business Administration from Kwara state polytechnic ilorin, I also have two profesional certificate in management and customer. Relationship management..nevertheless, my email is amuwaoluwaseunfunmi@gmail.com and my number is 08132470465....looking forward to your assistance.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by learoce(m): 9:52am On Dec 19, 2015
Equado:
This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
I graduated from the university about 3years ago, and as a normal Nigerian graduate, I sat at home submitting cvs from one company to another, hoping ill one day get my dream job. I submitted cvs day in, day out and gradually days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I gained weight and before I knew it,I felt myself rapidly aging, was looking far older than I was. The agenda for the day where the same, eat, games, sleep, eat, TV/games, sleep.If I needed money for anything I asked my mum, it was truly a nightmare, my mum took full advantage, in making me do menial house-chores which I so hated. Something has to change I thought.
I decided to go out and do anything I can to make money, so I started home lessons for my aunts children, she paid me 5k for two hours lesson, three times a week. I wrote an application to teach in one "dead" private school at a place far from me, I knew I would never be turned down due to my educational qualifications.So I landed my first ever job post school days, I was to teach 6 subjects(mathematics,geography,agric,biology,chemistry and physics) both for ss1 and ss2. It was a stressful job and the pay was just 16k, the transport from the school to where I stay was 4k per-month. Teaching at that school was soooo stressful, writing lesson notes for all those subjects, marking students notes and teaching. It was very stressful but I did the job diligently, My director recommended me to a man who was looking for a lesson teacher for his son, he paid 20k for 3hours a day, four times a week lesson. I was no longer depending on my mum for financial support and hence i stopped the house-chores I so hated grin .
Fast forward, I was one day preparing the js3 class for there upcoming junior waec one evening when i noticed a woman who looked very rich observing me from the window. She was inside her car passing by and heard me teaching and it caught her attention. She sent her security man to collect my number, was expecting her call but she never called. One month later, I received a call and it was her, she wanted me doing home lesson for her children, they where 3 in number. After much negotiations she opted to pay 80k for the 3 of them, at this time all my earnings combined was about 116k. I stopped doing lessons for my aunts children, was just focused on my two lessons and the school where I was teaching.
Fast forward, the woman I worked for was a talkative and I liked talking myself, each time am teaching her children and shes around, we talk about everything. She grew to like me, and in no short time it was like we've known ourselves for a long time. Her husband is a contractor to a big oil company and he wanted starting an oil servicing firm for his wife, due to the discussions me and his wife usually have, I got to know. She told me about the project and how they already have everything in place, just looking for the right personnel's. She needed a manager who would run the place, she told me about it and subtly asked me if I was interested since I read a course similar to what she wants. I quickly agreed, despite my lack of experience she made me the manager of the soon to start establishment.
It was all a dream, as the manager I was entitled to my own personal car, which she gave me from her and her husbands fleet of cars and my salary structure is now over 400k. We started the company, she brought in more experienced people but all of them are to call me "SIR''. I became boss to car owners, " Big Men" and during the 6months have been working there now have shook hands to highly important personalities. The first interview we conducted, I saw graduates trooping in, just to get this job, made me realize how far I have come in a short while, only because I decided to leave the house and get busy instead of jumping from one interview to another.
The company has done really well in this few months, our second recruitment exercise is tomorrow and its like have been here all my life. In reality March this year, I didn't envisage Ill be here so soon. Morals of this, to those graduates out there still waiting for big organizations to start recruiting,before leaving the house, please get out there and do anything, no matter how menial it might be, while doing it be diligent , cause you might never know when its your turn to break-free of the yoke that's unemployment .
cc lalasticlala

Congratulations on.... I Studied biochemistry... Please do notify me too at otugoemmanuel@gmail.com
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Bluekapon(m): 10:23am On Dec 19, 2015
OP Thank God for you. May God's grace continue to see you through your current job IJN.

In case of any vacancy in your Coy,
I'm a Chemical Engineer, with ICT and Computer skills. email: ihekostech @gmail.com
Thanks...
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Vikky014(f): 11:29am On Dec 19, 2015
Equado:
This writeup has been on my mind for sometime but due to the nature of my job,I have been extremely busy. This writeup might be helpful to some of the unemployed youths who are currently jumping from one interview to another, or those who are wondering what next after school.
I graduated from the university about 3years ago, and as a normal Nigerian graduate, I sat at home submitting cvs from one company to another, hoping ill one day get my dream job. I submitted cvs day in, day out and gradually days turned to weeks and weeks turned to months. I gained weight and before I knew it,I felt myself rapidly aging, was looking far older than I was. The agenda for the day where the same, eat, games, sleep, eat, TV/games, sleep.If I needed money for anything I asked my mum, it was truly a nightmare, my mum took full advantage, in making me do menial house-chores which I so hated. Something has to change I thought.
I decided to go out and do anything I can to make money, so I started home lessons for my aunts children, she paid me 5k for two hours lesson, three times a week. I wrote an application to teach in one "dead" private school at a place far from me, I knew I would never be turned down due to my educational qualifications.So I landed my first ever job post school days, I was to teach 6 subjects(mathematics,geography,agric,biology,chemistry and physics) both for ss1 and ss2. It was a stressful job and the pay was just 16k, the transport from the school to where I stay was 4k per-month. Teaching at that school was soooo stressful, writing lesson notes for all those subjects, marking students notes and teaching. It was very stressful but I did the job diligently, My director recommended me to a man who was looking for a lesson teacher for his son, he paid 20k for 3hours a day, four times a week lesson. I was no longer depending on my mum for financial support and hence i stopped the house-chores I so hated grin .
Fast forward, I was one day preparing the js3 class for there upcoming junior waec one evening when i noticed a woman who looked very rich observing me from the window. She was inside her car passing by and heard me teaching and it caught her attention. She sent her security man to collect my number, was expecting her call but she never called. One month later, I received a call and it was her, she wanted me doing home lesson for her children, they where 3 in number. After much negotiations she opted to pay 80k for the 3 of them, at this time all my earnings combined was about 116k. I stopped doing lessons for my aunts children, was just focused on my two lessons and the school where I was teaching.
Fast forward, the woman I worked for was a talkative and I liked talking myself, each time am teaching her children and shes around, we talk about everything. She grew to like me, and in no short time it was like we've known ourselves for a long time. Her husband is a contractor to a big oil company and he wanted starting an oil servicing firm for his wife, due to the discussions me and his wife usually have, I got to know. She told me about the project and how they already have everything in place, just looking for the right personnel's. She needed a manager who would run the place, she told me about it and subtly asked me if I was interested since I read a course similar to what she wants. I quickly agreed, despite my lack of experience she made me the manager of the soon to start establishment.
It was all a dream, as the manager I was entitled to my own personal car, which she gave me from her and her husbands fleet of cars and my salary structure is now over 400k. We started the company, she brought in more experienced people but all of them are to call me "SIR''. I became boss to car owners, " Big Men" and during the 6months have been working there now have shook hands to highly important personalities. The first interview we conducted, I saw graduates trooping in, just to get this job, made me realize how far I have come in a short while, only because I decided to leave the house and get busy instead of jumping from one interview to another.
The company has done really well in this few months, our second recruitment exercise is tomorrow and its like have been here all my life. In reality March this year, I didn't envisage Ill be here so soon. Morals of this, to those graduates out there still waiting for big organizations to start recruiting,before leaving the house, please get out there and do anything, no matter how menial it might be, while doing it be diligent , cause you might never know when its your turn to break-free of the yoke that's unemployment .
cc lalasticlala
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Vikky014(f): 11:30am On Dec 19, 2015
Equado:
cc lalasticlala

wow nice story

i thank God for u
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Vikky014(f): 11:32am On Dec 19, 2015
hahahaha. job application thread
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Engineer2015: 2:54pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congratulation Bro,I wish u more success in life. I am graduate of CHEMICAL ENGINEERING(2-1) and also a professional safety officer,I wish to join your company for the next recruitment. Contact: taofeekmusa123@gmail.com or 08173601805
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by uwa1(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2015
Congratulations..
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by izutex007(m): 9:06pm On Dec 19, 2015
Equado:
GOD IS YOUR STRENGTH, YOUR TIME WOULD DEFINITELY COME

@OP please when next ur company recruit link me up on:

izutex4real@gmail.com (Biochemistry _2.1)
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by izutex007(m): 9:12pm On Dec 19, 2015
Vikky014:
hahahaha. job application thread

sims u r the HR?
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Pidggin(f): 9:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
Equado:
cc lalasticlala

Congrats! You are favored.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Goldencollins: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2015
Equado:
NOTED!!!
Thanks bro am expecting to hear from u
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Shinelle(f): 11:45am On Dec 22, 2015
ehix89:
1st class u ma dhey luk 4 work?
no ... job dey look for me !
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by ehix89(m): 2:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
Shinelle:

no ... job dey look for me !
lol,no vex,na joke I dhey ooo
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 7:17pm On Dec 24, 2015
zieraw2005:
Hi Sir, I apologise for posting this message even before our first meeting but that's because I have always followed your activities and see you as a mentor, role model who is shaping my life though from a distance. As a young graduate, I'm highly impressed by your success and contribution to the industryindustry / Nairaland.
I have a degree in ENVIRONMENTAL RESOURCE MANAGEMENT And though working as Customer Care Representative With MTN, yet I look forward to working under you so as to be coached directly by you. Please, if you will permit, I can send my CV to your mail and hope to be scheduled for an interview
Thanks in anticipation for a favorable response
your email please
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2015
Shinelle:
Lol
people don leave matter begin advertise their unemployment. . . .

Congratulations OP on your success !
Shinelle do well and send me an email

P.S : wont be left out..
I'm a graduate of Accounting (1.1) done with service, also available and willing to work..
shinelle01@gmail.com
thanks ):
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by adedee14: 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
Equado:
your email please
Please this is my email...willing to work
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Engineer2015: 8:23pm On Dec 24, 2015
I read your true life story over and over because each time I read the story it serve as a driven force which encourage me and gives me hope that one day your God, my God our God who has granted your wish by elevating you among millions of job seekers will grant my wish too. I'm happy for you Brother. I will be looking forward to serve under you with utmost sincerity.Thanks Qualification- B.Eng(Chemical),Class of Degree- 2-1, Certified safety officer(HSE),Contact- taofeekmusa123@gmail.com or 08173601805
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by zieraw2005(m): 9:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
Equado:
your email please

As requested Boss. My email is zierawdgnomic@gmail.com
God bless your good heart as you help The teaming Unemployed Youths.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Shinelle(f): 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2015
[quote author=Equado post=41312071][/quote]
thanks. . . I sent you a mail (Pm) as requested.
u could reach me on shinelle01@gmail.com, thanks again !
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Equado(m): 9:18pm On Dec 24, 2015
Engineer2015:
I read your true life story over and over because each time I read the story it serve as a driven force which encourage me and gives me hope that one day your God, my God our God who has granted your wish by elevating you among millions of job seekers will grant my wish too. I'm happy for you Brother. I will be looking forward to serve under you with utmost sincerity.Thanks Qualification- B.Eng(Chemical),Class of Degree- 2-1, Certified safety officer(HSE),Contact- taofeekmusa123@gmail.com or 08173601805
noted!!!
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by jelielo(m): 11:02pm On Dec 24, 2015
Equado:
cc lalasticlala

Congratulations ,brother! I pray to have a similar breakthrough like you soon.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by jelielo(m): 11:12pm On Dec 24, 2015
greggng:

Thanks so much I know my breakthrough is near my email is echebirigregory@outlook.com

jelielo@yahoo.com

Brother, please keep me posted too about any recruitment opportunities in your firm any time soon .I have HND in Accounting with a diploma cert in ICT.My contact details are jelielo@yahoo.com or 08168423727.
Thanks.
Re: How I Managed Till I Got My Dream Job by Rohjay90: 7:24am On Dec 30, 2015
Equado:
Fast forward, I was one day preparing the js3 class for there upcoming junior waec one evening when i noticed a woman who looked very rich observing me from the window. She was inside her car passing by and heard me teaching and it caught her attention. She sent her security man to collect my number, was expecting her call but she never called. One month later, I received a call. Her husband is a contractor to a big oil company and he wanted starting an oil servicing firm for his wife, due to the discussions me and his wife usually have, I got to know. She told me about the project and how they already have everything in place, just looking for the right personnel's. She needed a manager who would run the place, she told me about it and subtly asked me if I was interested since I read a course similar to what she wants. I quickly agreed, despite my lack of experience she made me the manager of the soon to start establishment.
cc lalasticlala
Congratulation brother, God that elevated you among jobseekers will elevate me too in this new year. I know you would have gotten millions of mentions, and i hope you wont be fixated with my own. Indeed, jobseeking time is a frustrating time. I am a graduate of INDUSTRIAL CHEMISTRY, and i wont mind being a "TRAINEE" in your company, so as to have working experience in that field. Pls let's know when there is vacancies.
My mail is "Oluwafemi487@yahoo.com".
And for whatsapp

Thanks for taking your time to read my post. And if i may ask, are you still doing the lesson? If no, i wont mind if you can recommend me. I can teach Chemistry and maths.

God will continue to uplift you from strength to strength.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Do I Greet My Panel Of Interviewers / Oando Gas And Power Limited Recruitment 2017 (4 Positions) / Diseases That Can Make You Fail Pre-employment Medicals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.