Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,885 members, 7,798,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria (4153 Views)

Kachikwu Vs Amaechi: I Disagree With Kachikwu, Retrieve Money First / Why Is Lagos Erecting Iron Fence Between The Railway Track? / Amaechi “I Leaked Sanusi’s Letter To Jonathan” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by kodded(m): 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2015
The Minister of Transportation, Chibuike Amaechi, has stated that he never knew that the railways means of transportation still existed in Nigeria.

Amaechi made this remark on Tuesday when he and other officials of the ministry toured facilities of the Nigeria Railways Corporation, NRC, in Lagos.

He disclosed the intention of the Federal Government to concentrate on building standard gauge railway lines that would be beneficial to the country’s status as a developing economy.

His words: “In fact, I think we have a problem; most people don’t believe that the railway transport is functioning in Nigeria. I didn’t even know, until I started this tour, I never knew that the railway was functioning, it was even from his (MD’s) speech that I learnt that there are some coaches or services that go to Kano or Port Harcourt or elsewhere.

“The federal government will concentrate on standard gauge of the railways, because it is critical that Nigeria becomes one of the countries founded on standard gauge. The only time I had seen railways (trains) or the coaches was one or two days in Lagos, and I thought it started from the beginning of Lagos to the end of Lagos.

“So we need to make people become more aware that the narrow gauge is working, and that people can still use it to travel around that country. There was a joke somebody told me that it takes three days to reach Kano from Lagos on the narrow gauge, and when I asked the managing director of NRC, he said no, it takes one and half days; I said: ‘what’s the difference between three days and one and a half days?’ So that is why the government has to re-emphasize on the need for the construction of the standard gauge to help boost the economy,” the minister stated.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/12/16/i-never-knew-railway-transport-still-existed-in-nigeria-amaechi/

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by adonbilivit: 8:55pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Agwoden(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
The thunder that will fire you, lie Mohammad and all the propagandist is still training in Afghanistan. Adiok ino mbufo.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Demmocrats(m): 8:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
May God bless GEJ.

All the tongue that have cursed him are now the people praising him.

Fashola praised his effort in power sector now Amaechi of all people.

The refineries also credited to the handwork of GEJ.

Nigerian Economy hit number one in Africa all the work of GEJ and his team of smart economist.

I'm praising you for the peace you gave us by stepping down.

Thank you cry

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by donsola(m): 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2015
grin
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by SUGARBEE(f): 9:04pm On Dec 17, 2015
and they would say _boohari brought change
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by okosodo: 9:08pm On Dec 17, 2015
Amadioha! Where are you?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Junior66(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
Corruption aside, GEJ did a lot.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Khd95(m): 9:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
gringrin
okosodo:
Amadioha! Where are you?
amadioha is in bosnia with sango,vacation thingscheesy

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by EternalTruths: 9:17pm On Dec 17, 2015
God bless Jonathan

Even his enemies are now praising him cool

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Tranquill: 9:19pm On Dec 17, 2015
Junior66:

Even the corruption is overhyped. We will see many things when the trial of the so called looters begin.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by nnachukz(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2015
They all knew, all they did was damage his image and take power from him. Karma will visit them in due time.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by jstbeinhonest(m): 10:06pm On Dec 17, 2015
I guess there were no functional railway systems pre the GEJ era?.....Keep twisting the man's words.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Bigcake: 10:10pm On Dec 17, 2015
Agwoden:
The thunder that will fire you, lie Mohammad and all the propagandist is still training in Afghanistan. Adiok ino mbufo.
ikpa yak ndito esin Amen unor mbok.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Aromas: 10:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
Junior66:
And the corruption kill it all
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
After them don finish GEJ... Well, it's politics sha! GEJ's campaign team were more on Buhari certificate instead of selling their product. Painful but Nigeria must move on
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Agwoden(m): 10:26pm On Dec 17, 2015
Bigcake:
Yak ado ntoro my brother ke ndisime mmo ado too much.
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by spinna: 11:37pm On Dec 17, 2015
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by anath(m): 5:22am On Dec 18, 2015
Fashola and Ameachi praising GEJ,just like what Jonathan said b4 leaving office that Nigerian will start praising him after leaving office. That is wat we seeing now. I remember in one of his campaign he cried do we want to go back to the days of fuel scarcity,poor economy,no job+retrenchment,days of many fight and protest etc now we voted him out and we are seeing wat he warned us on. Now that change has come,wat next?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Omenkata: 5:53am On Dec 18, 2015
i love you Gej cheesy
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Omenkata: 5:55am On Dec 18, 2015
[s]
TonyeBarcanista:
After them don finish GEJ... Well, it's politics sha! GEJ's campaign team were more on Buhari certificate instead of selling their product. Painful but Nigeria must move on
[/s]

shatap

You better join apc now
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by ProfessorPeter(m): 6:44am On Dec 18, 2015
Bigcake:
da owo
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by amacastel: 8:02am On Dec 18, 2015
Amechi is the biggest sabouter of our time God punish that his useless mouth he is using to call my dear President Gej. B4 using his mouth to kill his brother he should av verify his facts b4 castigating GOODLUCK
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by lawrence358(m): 8:08am On Dec 18, 2015
Everybody knows that GEJ did well, APC r pple from pdp dat did not benefit from the missing moneys, so dey decided to paint GEJ as bad so dat dey too will hv wia to loot from.....

No politicial hv d interest of the masses at heart, dey cannot please u to displease der self, funnily most youth don't understand dat till now...

It's all political.... Same as d useless promises APC gave Nigeria b4 d elections.

Let wait n see d change dat we were promised, cos as of now.... Der is still nothing to show.
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:36am On Dec 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s][/s]

shatap

You better join apc now

E pain am

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by Omenkata: 10:38am On Dec 18, 2015
[s]
IdisuleOurOwn:

E pain am
[/s]

trash tongue
Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by IdisuleOurOwn(m): 10:41am On Dec 18, 2015
Omenkata:
[s][/s]

trash tongue

grin

Re: Amaechi: I Never Knew The Railway Was Working In Nigeria by fuckerholic(m): 10:52am On Dec 18, 2015
How will you know when you where busy hating for your vice Presidential ambition with sons of infidel

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

See What Police Officers Were Spotted Doing 2 Boko Haram Members Hiding In Caves / hungerbad give out N100k to nairalanders / Biafra Shall Arise. Biafra Is Our Destination - Onyeka Onwenu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.