Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,312 members, 7,808,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:05 AM

African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. (23963 Views)

12 Most Widely Spoken African Languages / African Cultures And Languages Need Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. / Preserving African Languages-and Cultures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by cocoama(f): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
Phut:

[b]
You are not black and you definitely are not African. [/b]Nobody bought into that so, stop with the facade. Have the cojones to come out cleanly as the white racist and supremacist that you really are
I couldn't agree more. Some of the things he said are just unbelievable.He creates a thread mocking african cultures and languages and goes further to insult blacks.

2 Likes

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2015
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 9:47pm On Dec 20, 2015
scholti:
Pleep,

Learn a few African languages and study African history and current affairs. Follow African news and their developments. You have no debate. I can smash your views but it might be a waste of time. I only commented on the language part of your first post, so that those who are not sufficiently clued would not fall into your views. The English language is largely a borrowed language. There is very little in it that is native to it compared to 90% of Nigerian languages that depend on their vocabulary and grammar to function. Take Igbo for instance. It has hundreds of dialects with their own vocabularies, proverbs etc. It has native words for many plants, trees, animals, politics, economics etc, where the English language equivalents are from Greek and Latin. The English language should be a distant second language on the continent. If not for inferiority complex, by now we should have Hausa, Zulu, Shona universities in Africa, just as there are Polish, Catalan etc universities.

No European country - apart from Ireland for historical reasons - has bowed to the international might of English by making it a national language and Europe has fifty countries. Even Sweden that is seen as the most receptive of English, has the second highest number of published articles - in Swedish - on Wikipedia. Preach your message of making the English language a continental language, first to Europe, the homeland of English as it only comes distant second on the continent. I would rather Zulu to be the continental language. It is a more natural language - 90% of its vocabulary belongs to it. Its written works on science, politics, economics etc are largely own. It has produced lots of books and has a vibrant media. English produces more books because of its status in world science and business. But German, French, Japanese and Chinese etc are not far behind. There are many knowledges that are not published in English. Every years lots of books are published in African languages from Malawi, Uganda etc.

Africa only needs to manage its diversity of language, by respecting them and apportioning spaces to them to thrive (I prefer it to be in-country) and then allowing mutual co-operation between them. We should aim for the Switzerland example. It is composed of French, Italian and German ethnic groups, with each having universities run in their languages and many other examples of cultural cohabitation. This is civilisation.
You people have the brains of rats.

Go back and read my post again. I did not say that English should replace all the languages in Africa. I said the ethnic groups in Africa should be condensed into a lesser number of larger groups: Lingala, Hausa, Swahili, Amharic, Somali, Arabic, Yoruba and Igbo

English would replace the French, Spanish and Portuguese.

Learn to fucking read. Its like the second you monkeys see something that reminds you of whites your brain short-circuits and you cant even from a coherent argument anymore.
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 9:50pm On Dec 20, 2015
Blacks cannot even perform basic communication, you cant even argue without resorting to a strawman. This 70 IQ is serious
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 9:55pm On Dec 20, 2015
jantavanta:

Well said! smiley

Africa is the origin of Language and Writing. I am not a native Igbo speaker, but I can use Igbo to decipher Ancient Egyptian, Sumerian, French, etc.

Basque language is from the African Mande language group.

Ethiopian languages are Proto-Indian.

Missionary education is having a deadly effect on Africans.
Why you take pride in pretending other people evolved from you?

First off, its not true. Second off, it it was true it would be a bad thing because things tend to improve when they evolve. "Blacks were the origin of man!"

If there was ever a race stupider than you monkeys that race is extinct.

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Strawman: 10:04pm On Dec 20, 2015
pleep:
Blacks cannot even perform basic communication, you cant even argue without resorting to a strawman. This 70 IQ is serious

What is wrong in resorting to me??

1 Like

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by macof(m): 10:26pm On Dec 20, 2015
davidante27:
Don't worry I understand what you mean,but many will not give up their culture and language without a fight. Life is short and Everyone will someday die.We are here to make the best of our time .Why hold on to backward and unproductive ways of doing things ? You see,The only superior culture are the most beneficial and effective and progressive ways of doing things . Nigeria for instance is united by the English language. That is a better method than having too many languages and not understanding each other . There is no god waiting for twin sacrifice anywhere ,so we abolish the killing of twins and embrace the better method. Pit toilets are outdated ,so we abolish that and embrace the better method of doing things . Japanese high speed trains,green tea ,meditation and Yoga seem effective and progressive ,so we adapt that as part of the universal standard .
Behavioral patterns have been studied and now we understand human nature and human behavior better .
After many years of research ,we have discovered better ways of doing things and understanding the world. There are universal standards . For example,skyscraper ,modern toilet ,asphalt roads,traffic lights ,electricity,organized housing , high-speed trains ,Ferris wheel , beach umbrellas ,or Tshirt ,etc. are neither American,Swedish or Ethiopian culture;those are simply the better methods of doing things . It is pointless holding on to traditional African pit toilet when a better method has been invented .It is pointless holding on to primitive and backward traditions when better methods have been invented .
In terms of Language however,although it is difficult to suddenly abandon one's traditional lingua franca,but the eventual goal is for the entire world to be anglicized,and that will eventually happen someday . It is pointless having so many languages and holding on to primitive cultures . I think that Africans should accept and implement the better method of doing things instead of holding on to retrogressive cultures and vilifying the better method of doing things as being too white or too western. There are numerous American and Canadian teachers teaching English in Japan,China and many parts of Asia.
In this system of societal organization,the entire southern Africa would be one country. The entire west Africa would be one country. The entire north Africa would be one country. The entire east Africa would be one country. Egypt could remain an independent country due to it's history. Universal Lingua Franca :English.

You've made absolutely no sense man. You don't expect an independent people to abandon their identity for a foreign one
Try as you like if you aren't english you can never be english

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by scholti: 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pleep,

pleep:
You people have the brains of rats.
English would replace the french, spanish and portugese that are spoken in other parts of the continent.

Go back and read my post again. I did not say that English should replace all the languages in Africa. I said the ethnic groups in Africa should be condensed into a lesser number of larger groups:

Learn to fucking read.

You are not of us. We are just humouring you. You couldn't even deal with the meat of the points I raised, yet you run around writing about IQ. You write like someone with a mental disease. I only replied the language part for a reason. ONLY AFRICAN LANGUAGES - ALL OF THEM - SHOULD BE USED ON THE CONTINENT IN UNIVERSITIES, POLITICS, ECONOMICS ETC AND ENGLISH, FRENCH ETC COME A DISTANT SECOND. AFRICAN ETHNIC GROUPS AND LANGUAGES MUST REMAIN AS THEY ARE. I speak six European languages and I can't see any superiority they have that they should be accorded pride of place.

Europe has a land mass of 10.18 million km² with a commensurate 87 ethnic groups, while Africa has more than thrice that number - 30.22 million km² and an official 3000 ethnic groups, although the true number is around 1200 as many distinct ethnic groups are more properly, subgroups and there are lots of deep ties of culture, marriage and history that create a deep core of unity amongst the ethnic groups. Africa has enough space and resources to cater for all its ethnic groups and languages, they only need to be managed in respectful spaces like the Switzerland example I wrote in my previous post. We do not need to merge ethnic groups and languages to create a few super-continental languages or ethnic groups for peace and prosperity. Europe with its fewer ethnicities has given us catastrophic examples of barbaric wars and carnages. Even if merging would take place, it should be a consensual/natural process that would take place over time.

4 Likes

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 10:38pm On Dec 20, 2015
scholti:
Pleep,

You are not of us. We are just humouring you. You couldn't even deal with the meat of the points I raised, yet you run around writing about IQ. You write like someone with a mental disease. I only replied the language part for a reason. ONLY AFRICAN LANGUAGES - ALL OF THEM - SHOULD BE USED ON THE CONTINENT IN UNIVERSITIES, POLITICS, ECONOMICS ETC AND ENGLISH, FRENCH ETC COME A DISTANT SECOND. AFRICAN ETHNIC GROUPS AND LANGUAGES MUST REMAIN AS THEY ARE. I speak six European languages and I can't see any superiority they have that they should be accorded pride of place.

Europe has a land mass of 10.18 million km² with a commensurate 87 ethnic groups, while Africa has more than thrice that number - 30.22 million km² and an official 3000 ethnic groups, although the true number is around 1200 as distinct ethnic groups are more properly, subgroups and there are lots of deep ties of culture, marriage and history that create a deep core of unity amongst the ethnic groups. Africa has enough space and resources to cater for all its ethnic groups and languages, they only need to be managed in respectful spaces like the Switzerland example I wrote in my previous post. We do not need to merge ethnic groups and languages to create a few super-continental languages or ethnic groups for peace and prosperity. Europe with its fewer ethnicities has given us catastrophic examples of barbaric wars and carnages. Even if merging would take place, it should be a consensual/natural process that would take place over time.

bla bla bla bla

you are speaking English right NOW you braindead ape, let that sink in. Do you know where Nigeria would be if English was removed?
Back to the fucking jungle, you wouldn't even be able to communicate with 90% of your countrymen.
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Phut(f): 12:24am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
[s]You people have the brains of rats.

Go back and read my post again. I did not say that English should replace all the languages in Africa. I said the ethnic groups in Africa should be condensed into a lesser number of larger groups: Lingala, Hausa, Swahili, Amharic, Somali, Arabic, Yoruba and Igbo

English would replace the French, Spanish and Portuguese.

Learn to fucking read. Its like the second you monkeys see something that reminds you of whites your brain short-circuits and you cant even from a coherent argument anymore.[/s]
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Phut(f): 12:25am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
[s]

bla bla bla bla

you are speaking English right NOW you braindead ape, let that sink in. Do you know where Nigeria would be if English was removed?
Back to the fucking jungle, you wouldn't even be able to communicate with 90% of your countrymen.[/s]

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Phut(f): 12:25am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
[s] Why you take pride in pretending other people evolved from you?

First off, its not true. Second off, it it was true it would be a bad thing because things tend to improve when they evolve. "Blacks were the origin of man!"

If there was ever a race stupider than you monkeys that race is extinct. [:s]

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Phut(f): 12:26am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
[s] Why you take pride in pretending other people evolved from you?

If there was ever a race stupider than you monkeys that race is extinct. [/s]

1 Like

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Nobody: 3:36am On Dec 21, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by scholti: 5:23am On Dec 21, 2015
davidante27,
davidante27:
Communication means :the successful conveying or sharing of ideas ,information and feelings.
Wouldn't it be better if everyone could communicate in one language instead of having interpreters ? What matters most is simply the ease of transfer of the message. Now imagine how difficult it would have been for Africans to understand each other if most Africans nation weren't unified by English or French language.
I'm not implying that people should suddenly abolish their languages and embrace English. Gradually,all of that will eventually happen. As I mentioned earlier,most people in Norway,Sweden,Denmark,Finland,Germany understand English language and speak it fluently as a second language. There are American and Canadian teachers teaching English in Japan,China,Singapore and South Korea, and most people there understand English . English is already the universal lingual France,although Chinese language has the largest number of speakers .

But Asians and Africans understood each other for millennia without English or French. These languages have only been on the African continent actively for less than 200 years, in a continent that is more than 100,000 years old, in which time Africans communicated and shared with each other across space and time. English and French, serve a useful purpose but they are not inevitable. Even today on the continent, there are extensive spaces where African languages play a vital role of communication.

2 Likes

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 21, 2015

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 7:48am On Dec 21, 2015
scholti:
davidante27,

But Asians and Africans understood each other for millennia without English or French. These languages have only been on the African continent actively for less than 200 years, in a continent that is more than a 100,000 years old, in which time Africans communicated and shared with each other across space and time. English and French, serve a useful purpose but they are not inevitable. Even today on the continent, there are extensive spaces where African languages play a vital role of communication.
Virtually everyone in China understands Hans Chinese, virtually everyone in Japan understands Japanese, virtually everyone in Korea understands Korean and virtually everyone in Malaysia Understands Malay.

On the contrary; how many Hausa understand Igbo? how many Yoruba understand Fulani or Annang, Efick, Ijaw, Tiv, Nupe or bla bla bla pointless African language. In the same fucking country the majority of people cannot even communicate with each other via the native languages...

And can you monkeys stop bringing up other races because they do not support your position, on the contrary they defeat it. Invariably the most successful countries on earth have the least linguistic diversity. To ram this point even deeper into your feeble black brain this is Korea in 350 AD. Korea was originally linguistically fragmented into 3 groups, they only began to unify and develop when the excess diversity was eliminated and conflated into one group.

1 Like

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by jantavanta(m): 8:56am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
Why you take pride in pretending other people evolved from you?

If there was ever a race stupider than you monkeys that race is extinct.

What improvement? After the Bedroom Invasion of the Black European Rulers of Europe?

https://www.nairaland.com/955076/black-african-nobility-ancient-europe

Evolve towards World War I & II?

Gods of Mass Destruction? https://www.nairaland.com/944789/import-gods-import-goods-services

Annihilation of Black Native Americans?

Genocide against the Hereros of Namibia, followed by Adolf Hitler's Final Solution against Khazer Jews (who are not linked to the original African Egyptian Hebrews)

https://www.nairaland.com/1557711/babylon-captivity-persian-colonialism
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 9:13am On Dec 21, 2015
jantavanta:

What improvement? After the Bedroom Invasion of the Black European Rulers of Europe?

https://www.nairaland.com/955076/black-african-nobility-ancient-europe

Evolve towards World War I & II?

Gods of Mass Destruction? https://www.nairaland.com/944789/import-gods-import-goods-services

Annihilation of Black Native Americans?

Genocide against the Hereros of Namibia, followed by Adolf Hitler's Final Solution against Khazer Jews (who are not linked to the original African Egyptian Hebrews)

https://www.nairaland.com/1557711/babylon-captivity-persian-colonialism

You must not be familiar with natural selection. According to the theory of evolution less evolved species and races are eliminated by the stronger ones.

So as bad as the genocides perpetrated by the Europeans were they are not a valid argument against the suggestion that whites may be a more evolved form of man (this is not my opinion, but yours). On the contrary they would support that assertion.

BTW You guys are really terrible at arguing, its painful to watch. I feel like i'm talking with children
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by jantavanta(m): 9:18am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
What is the great value of having a word that means "greetings while seated? You guys have the priorities of orangutans. You if think Indian languages are so good learn them.

meanwhile those same indians are learning English because it is the language of the future.

India was known as Eastern Ethiopia, because Black People migrated out of Africa to settle there. The Indian Languages are an evolution of Ethiopian languages, so as a Nigerian, I already have the root India in me. Even the Advait Mat lineage Gurus are from the Maat teaching in Black Ancient Egypt. What you see now as Indian (whether Native American or Asian), has root in Africa. Sanskrit Language has its root in Africa.

You cannot know the value, because you are a monoculture. Your people mass migrated into Europe and caused a Dark Age in Greece when they original Black Greeks lost their Linear A script and had to come up with the current Greek Alphabet.

Europe (Black Europeans and White Europeans) has benefited from over 2,500 years of knowledge, science and technological transfer from Africa to Europe.

Starting from the 525 BC Black Persian invasion of Ancient Egypt that allowed Pyythagoras, & Co to come and learn philosophy that was alien to Greece.

Continued with Alexander the Macedonian who in 332 BC brought Aristotle to to plagiarize books and claimed to be the sole author. He was in such a hurry that he could not understand the apparent motion of the Sun and taught Europe the dogma of Earth being the center of the solar system.

Continued after the fall of the Western Roman Empire when in the 8th Century, Africans (called Moors) crossed into Spain and forcibly established Universities, before France and Britain could later have Universities and they taught Galileo Galilei the correct Sun Center Solar System.

Continued in the 1800s when Napoleon Bonaparte came into Egypt with his savants to get knowledge of Electron-Science that later led to the likes of Jean-Baptiste de Fourier and Simon de Laplace.
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by pleep(m): 9:23am On Dec 21, 2015
jantavanta:

India was known as Eastern Ethiopia, because Black People migrated out of Africa to settle there. The Indian Languages are an evolution of Ethiopian languages, so as a Nigerian, I already have the root India in me. Even the Advait Mat lineage Gurus are from the Maat teaching in Black Ancient Egypt. What you see now as Indian (whether Native American or Asian), has root in Africa. Sanskrit Language has its root in Africa.

You cannot know the value, because you are a monoculture. Your people mass migrated into Europe and caused a Dark Age in Greece when they original Black Greeks lost their Linear A script and had to come up with the current Greek Alphabet.

Europe (Black Europeans and White Europeans) has benefited from over 2,500 years of knowledge, science and technological transfer from Africa to Europe.

Starting from the 525 BC Black Persian invasion of Ancient Egypt that allowed Pyythagoras, & Co to come and learn philosophy that was alien to Greece.

Continued with Alexander the Macedonian who in 332 BC brought Aristotle to to plagiarize books and claimed to be the sole author. He was in such a hurry that he could not understand the apparent motion of the Sun and taught Europe the dogma of Earth being the center of the solar system.

Continued after the fall of the Western Roman Empire when in the 8th Century, Africans (called Moors) crossed into Spain and forcibly established Universities, before France and Britain could later have Universities and they taught Galileo Galilei the correct Sun Center Solar System.

Continued in the 1800s when Napoleon Bonaparte came into Egypt with his savants to get knowledge of Electron-Science that later led to the likes of Jean-Baptiste de Fourier and Simon de Laplace.

I just read your thread about the "Black Nobility of Europe" it was one of the worst examples of Afrocentric delusion I have ever seen. I think you are mentally ill, and well beyond reason.

I'm not going to go back and forth with you here.
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Nobody: 9:28am On Dec 21, 2015
jantavanta:

^ Thanks for educating that maga Pleep

1 Share

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
I just read your thread about the "Black Nobility of Europe" it was one of the worst examples of Afrocentric delusion I have ever seen. I think you are mentally ill, and well beyond reason.

^ I don't know why you refuse to rise above the merely Instrumental application of your reasoning faculty. Think about this ==>

“ . . .For every person in the world to reach the present U.S.A levels of consumption with existing technology would require four more planet Earths.

-- - Edward O. Wilson, "The Future of Life" (New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 2002), Page 23.

1 Like

Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by jantavanta(m): 10:34am On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:

You are a White Supremacist, lacking in melanin and seeks the extermination of the root of humanity. You actually want to erase your source.

Melanin protects all people from ultraviolet radiation, which exists in cold region. So, lack of melanin is a deficiency and not a beneficial evolution.
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by makahlj2: 11:52am On Dec 21, 2015
Phut:

Point of correct: Whites are the neanderthals, not blacks.

Carry on ....
Latest genetic studies show that Yoruba have Neanderthal ancestry, too.
Re: African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. by makahlj2: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
pleep:
And as usual you people cannot stop talking about whites.

By the way, why should we stop talking about whites? Whites certainly have accomplishments, Only a fool would disregard these and would not learn from others' successes and failures. Asians learned from whites and that's how they developed their countries.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekpe Masquerades / ABU, Zaria Management Storms Onitsha For Ofala Festival (Photos) / The Power The Oba Of Benin Wield In The Past

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.