Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

The Perfect Phone For Christmas - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Perfect Phone For Christmas (4838 Views)

Tweak 3 Features Of An Existing Phone And Try To Come Up With The Perfect Phone. / The Perfect Phone For Nigerian People An All Rounder!!!! Meet The Doogee Bl7000 / Perfect Phone To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Ana5000(f): 11:12am On Dec 18, 2015
I know its that time of the year that folks will be telling Santa what they want for Christmas, and by Santa I mean; whoever it is that gives you money. Personally, I don't have a "Santa" that's why I start saving from the beginning of the year so that I can have enough to buy me a cool present at the end of the year.

So I saved up to 120k and I was looking for different phones within the price range. That's when I came across the new Phantom 5 by Tecno. The price is perfect for me (70k) because it allows me to get other things this Christmas as well. It is a premium phone and the specifications are quite impressive.

3GB RAM with 32GB ROM, Finger print sensor (which I totally like because I like my privacy), Dolby surround sound and so many other pretty amazing features. If you would like to get the full specs, you can click on this ----> http://www.techcityng.com/tecno-phantom-5-review/

I am excited because I will finally have a phone that will be able to multitask without any problems and on top of that, it has an amazing sleek design!!! grin

Photo Credit: TechCityNg

Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by CARLOSZ: 11:37am On Dec 18, 2015
Oshey China ambassador
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 11:39am On Dec 18, 2015
All these tecno, injoo and infinix agents, na wa oh
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by mosjames: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2015
greenhulk:
All these tecno, injoo and infinix agents, na wa oh
How you take dey know agents?
Na you interview them?
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 12:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
I know say when dem born u @op, tecno na the first word wey comot for your mouth.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by ChidinmaRose(f): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2015
It's quite expensive but come to think of it, if you compare the specs to that of other brands, the Phantom seems to be much more affordable
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 12:18pm On Dec 18, 2015
Sister, I would advise you rethink before buying it, it's a good phone but it has a high price tag compared to it's specs. There are many more alternatives.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Ana5000(f): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
Really? What other brands have such specs?

zzzzy:
Sister, I would advise you rethink before buying it, it's a good phone but it has a high price tag compared to it's specs. There are many more alternatives.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by augster(m): 12:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
mosjames:

How you take dey know agents?
Na you interview them?
you think people here are deadbrains? We know you so just give up on the act
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by BenKafor(m): 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
its a pretty phone, i must say
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 12:39pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ana5000:
Really? What other brands have such specs?

you could go for umi iron pro or elephone p8000
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 18, 2015
Tecno agents hype from now till Jesus comes grin
Phantom 5 no go sale pass 100pieces.
I hope y'all ain't doing it for free undecided
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 1:05pm On Dec 18, 2015
idokojerry:
grin grin grin lmao
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by JanethEze(f): 1:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
If to u don't like the thread, don't bother opening it. Mtchewww
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by JanethEze(f): 1:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
idokojerry:

And you will sell till Jesus comes. What are you selling today?
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by BenKafor(m): 1:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
I don't understand your beef tho

augster:
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 2:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
JanethEze:

And you will sell till Jesus comes. What are you selling today?
Am a proud ex- tecno user. They made android available not only to the middle class but also village peeps.

To be frank with you, going premium on tecno's part is the biggest joke of the year in naija smartphone industry

Please tell them to affordable and leave premium for the masters
Before I forget, enough of the noise,kindly do me a favour and show me proof of you flexing your tecno

2 Likes

Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by daphid25(m): 2:53pm On Dec 18, 2015
idokojerry:
you know how many them don sell?

Talk another thing abeg
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 18, 2015
ABEGI!!!!!! The phone is too bulky.phantom5 kor
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 18, 2015
idokojerry:
LMAO...
That Shii Cray...
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by mosjames: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2015
augster:
What is this one talking about
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 5:25pm On Dec 18, 2015
zzzzy:
you could go for umi iron pro or elephone p8000

Tecno phantom 5 might look expensive, but let's be sincere its a beautiful phone with nice specs. If that phone was made by htc, Sony or Samsung it wouldn't e less than 100k. Yes there are cheaper competition, but if I have a budget of 70k I would rather buy the phantom 5 than the cheaper elephone or umi. The devil u know is better than the angel u don't know.

Tecno has come a long way, they have invested in the country and created jobs. What has umi or elephone done for Nigeria? Can u just walk into any phone shop and buy umi or elephone p8000? U will most likely have to order online. And if the screen gets broken where will u take it to? Do they have call centre readily available in Nigeria? If the phone develops any fault within the warranty period it will be hell getting it taken care of by warranty. That's the reason I'd buy the tecno instead of some phones I don't know where they came from. At least tecno is a household name in Nigeria right now. They have paid their dues, they advertise and lay tax here, so u don't expect them to sell the premium phone the same price some imported Chinese phones would sell theirs. I still think tecno should make a price slash though, maybe sell the phone for 50-60k that would be perfect.

And before u sleigh me, I don't use tecno or any Chinese/mediatek phones. Still rocking my s6 and LG g3, just gave out my HTC one m7.

2 Likes

Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 5:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
greenhulk:

Tecno phantom 5 might look expensive, but let's be sincere its a beautiful phone with nice specs. If that phone was made by htc, Sony or Samsung it wouldn't e less than 100k. Yes there are cheaper competition, but if I have a budget of 70k I would rather buy the phantom 5 than the cheaper elephone or umi. The devil u know is better than the angel u don't know.

Tecno has come a long way, they have invested in the country and created jobs. What has umi or elephone done for Nigeria? Can u just walk into any phone shop and buy umi or elephone p8000? U will most likely have to order online. And if the screen gets broken where will u take it to? Do they have call centre readily available in Nigeria? If the phone develops any fault within the warranty period it will be hell getting it taken care of by warranty. That's the reason I'd buy the tecno instead of some phones I don't know where they came from. At least tecno is a household name in Nigeria right now. They have paid their dues, they advertise and lay tax here, so u don't expect them to sell the premium phone the same price some imported Chinese phones would sell theirs. I still think tecno should make a price slash though, maybe sell the phone for 50-60k that would be perfect.

And before u sleigh me, I don't use tecno or any Chinese/mediatek phones. Still rocking my s6 and LG g3, just gave out my HTC one m7.
you are saying the same thing i am saying. The device is nice but the price is high. Also although the phones i mentioned are new to the market, that doesn't mean that they aren't good. Just like one plus that came out of nowhere
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2015
zzzzy:
you are saying the same thing i am saying. The device is nice but the price is high. Also although the phones i mentioned are new to the market, that doesn't mean that they aren't good. Just like one plus that came out of nowhere

One plus didn't come out of nowhere. Yes it was founded in 2013 but by former president of oppo which is a top Chinese phone maker. And they had the support of cyanogen which is a strong android developing community. Moreover, one plus one was sold for $300 for the 16gb version. That is about N60,000, when u include tax and shipping it will be around 70k plus. And the that is because the phone only sold online, no retailers. U can't just walk into a shop and buy the phone.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 7:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
greenhulk:

One plus didn't come out of nowhere. Yes it was founded in 2013 but by former president of oppo which is a top Chinese phone maker. And they had the support of cyanogen which is a strong android developing community. Moreover, one plus one was sold for $300 for the 16gb version. That is about N60,000, when u include tax and shipping it will be around 70k plus. And the that is because the phone only sold online, no retailers. U can't just walk into a shop and buy the phone.
i didn't mention one plus because of the price but for the fact it came out of nowhere. When i typed "came out of nowhere" i was referring to the fact that a 6month old company releases a phone that made it to the top 10 phones of the year. Ya, they got the support of cyanogen which is known for their reputable roms but that can make a 6month old company release a phone with that acceptance. For example amazon's fire os used in its fire phone was forked from android and it brought a lot of new features but never the less got the type of acceptance one plus got. Taking about price, one plus x was released with a price tag of 250$ and it has great specs. Ya it could cost me some extra money if i want to get it in ng but tecno is already Nigeria's home so why will the price be high like that. Whether it's online, the price is high still 69000 which is just too high. What tecno are failing to understand is the fact that their reputation wouldn't allow them sell at that price. Look at Apple for instance, their products are highly over priced with a lot if better alternatives but people still rush for it and this is because steve jobs before his death did a great job of giving them a great reputation.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 8:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
zzzzy:
Look at Apple for instance, their products are highly over priced with a lot if better alternatives but people still rush for it and this is because steve jobs before his death did a great job of giving them a great reputation.

Ummm... Apple has no alternatives. If u want ios u have to buy iPhone. If u want Mac osx u have to buy macbook. There are no alternatives. Or can u show me any other phone that runs on ios other than iPhone? And apple don't release different phones, its one phone a year, until 2 yrs ago when they made it 2 phones a year. That is discipline, determination to continue their tradition of making premium phones.

Apple pay a lot of attention to details that other phone manufacturers overlook. For example the ability to use just 1gb of ram on their phones and still run smoother and faster than many other phones with 3gb of RAM. Or the ability to put 8mp on their phone and still take better pictures than many other phones with 16 or even 20mp cameras. Their phones are not perfect, but u can't deny they are very sexy. If u ask me I'll say their phones are not too expensive, rather they are unique and that's why people that appreciate them buy them and that is why they can sell 9 million units of iPhone 5 on the first 3 days of launch. Isn't that magnificent? I will only agree that their phones are too expensive if I can see any other phone with that kind of design and that runs the same software.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by parrotibaba(m): 8:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
This Ana5000 moniker got to be the dumbest tecno shill on NL. Do you even listen to the crap you pile up here?. Barely two weeks ago you wanted the tecno l5 and the weeks before it was tecno c8 and now it's the tp5, this marketing strategy is pissing everyone off!.

So please gather your gang of tecno shills and get the hell out of here, y'all have polluted this phone section for far too long and seriously it's becoming so cliché.

4 Likes

Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 8:24pm On Dec 18, 2015
greenhulk:

Ummm... Apple has no alternatives. If u want ios u have to buy iPhone. If u want Mac osx u have to buy macbook. There are no alternatives. Or can u show me any other phone that runs on ios other than iPhone? And apple don't release different phones, its one phone a year, until 2 yrs ago when they made it 2 phones a year. That is discipline, determination to continue their tradition of making premium phones.

Apple pay a lot of attention to details that other phone manufacturers overlook. For example the ability to use just 1gb of ram on their phones and still run smoother and faster than many other phones with 3gb of RAM. Or the ability to put 8mp on their phone and still take better pictures than many other phones with 16 or even 20mp cameras. Their phones are not perfect, but u can't deny they are very sexy. If u ask me I'll say their phones are not too expensive, rather they are unique and that's why people that appreciate them buy them and that is why they can sell 9 million units of iPhone 5 on the first 3 days of launch. Isn't that magnificent? I will only agree that their phones are too expensive if I can see any other phone with that kind of design and that runs the same software.
you don't get what i mean by better alternatives. Although ios might be better for you but android is open source and gives you freedom. So i see many android phones as better alternatives. Most people don't go for the best devices, they go for the rarest seen devices. That's why someone might go for an iPad pro when there's a surface pro 4. As i said earlier it's their reputation that is helping them. Because I don't see anything special in apple products except their tv and smart watch. So except I really need a distinct feature from ios, I'll stick with Android.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by JanethEze(f): 8:26pm On Dec 18, 2015
idokojerry:

Am a proud ex- tecno user. They made android available not only to the middle class but also village peeps.

To be frank with you, going premium on tecno's part is the biggest joke of the year in naija smartphone industry

Please tell them to affordable and leave premium for the masters
Before I forget, enough of the noise,kindly do me a favour and show me proof of you flexing your tecno
But you know this is how Samsung started
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Nobody: 8:52pm On Dec 18, 2015
zzzzy:
you don't get what i mean by better alternatives. Although ios might be better for you but android is open source and gives you freedom. So i see many android phones as better alternatives. Most people don't go for the best devices, they go for the rarest seen devices. That's why someone might go for an iPad pro when there's a surface pro 4. As i said earlier it's their reputation that is helping them. Because I don't see anything special in apple products except their tv and smart watch. So except I really need a distinct feature from ios, I'll stick with Android.

U are the one that's not getting it. If u love ios, then u don't have an alternative than buy an iPhone, that's my point and that's why they can sell 9 million units in 3 days when a company like Sony can not sell 9 million xperia z in 5 months. If u have a big iTunes library u have to buy the iPhone no matter what apple dishes out.

Some people don't care about open source or tweaking , rooting and all that stuff. They just want a premium phone that is easy to use, that is what iPhone offers. And yes I know surface pro 4 is more powerful than the iPad, but i don't need to carry a heavy device like the surface 4 when I can carry a light easier to use iPad. For media consumption iPhone is better. For media creation surface pro 4 is better, but most people that have iPad already have a macbook for media creation, so they don't need a surface pro 4.
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by Ana5000(f): 8:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
parrotibaba:
This Ana5000 moniker got to be the dumbest tecno shill on NL. Do you even listen to the crap you pile up here?. Barely two weeks ago you wanted the tecno l5 and the weeks before it was tecno c8 and now it's the tp5, this marketing strategy is pissing everyone off!.

So please gather your gang of tecno shills and get the hell out of here, y'all have polluted this phone section for far too long and seriously it's becoming so cliché.
Go and sleep
Re: The Perfect Phone For Christmas by zzzzy: 8:55pm On Dec 18, 2015
greenhulk:

U are the one that's not getting it. If u love ios, then u don't have an alternative than buy an iPhone, that's my point and that's why they can sell 9 million units in 3 days when a company like Sony can not sell 9 million xperia z in 5 months. If u have a big iTunes library u have to buy the iPhone no matter what apple dishes out.

Some people don't care about open source or tweaking , rooting and all that stuff. They just want a premium phone that is easy to use, that is what iPhone offers. And yes I know surface pro 4 is more powerful than the iPad, but i don't need to carry a heavy device like the surface 4 when I can carry a light easier to use iPad. For media consumption iPhone is better. For media creation surface pro 4 is better, but most people that have iPad already have a macbook for media creation, so they don't need a surface pro 4.
alright then i get your point. It's more of a person's choice. If you love android, you have many alternatives but ios u have just one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Facts About Phone Addiction That Will Leave You Suprised / How To Use Mtn Youtube Data During The Day / Null

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.