Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,137 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:56 AM

Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom (52357 Views)

Court Nullifies The Election Of Musa Arogundade, Ekiti PDP Lawmaker / Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Uche Ekwunife Of The PDP As Senator / Tribunal Nullifies The Election Of Buruji Kashamu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by victorazy(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
kennydee05:
This is a disastrous decision.
Bye-bye to electoral malpractice....
Kudos to the judiciary for joining the fight against electoral malpractice. We definitely need more of you in fighting corruption.
Come 2019, politicians will be scared of rigging knowing fully well that the judiciary is ready available to kick them out.

Only on PDP abi?

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dem go still match go SUPREME court. Instead of dem 2 prepare 2 leave d Govt house and OFFICE
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Super1759: 5:04pm On Dec 18, 2015
Why Abia state come deh different

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Gaskia: 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
Funny
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by mart2k(m): 5:06pm On Dec 18, 2015
BADNEAT:
A panel of Nigeria’s Court of Appeal in Abuja has sacked Governor Emmanuel Udom of Akwa Ibom State. In delivering its final ruling on the conduct of the governorship election in Akwa Ibom, the five-member panel upheld the petition of the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC), agreeing that the election of Governor Emmanuel Udom of the People’s Democratic Party did not conform to the electoral act.

The court, therefore annulled the election, first re-asserting the importance of card readers and afirming that the election was marred by over-voting. The court denied all releiefs sought by the candidate of the PDP and granted the reliefs sought by the governorship candidate of the APC, Umana Okon Umana, asking for the cancellation of the election. The Court ordered a rerun of the election across the state within 90 days.

Mr. Udom is expected to appeal today’s verdict to the Supreme Court for a final decision.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/12/18/court-appeal-nullifies-election-akwa-ibom-governor-emmanuel-udom
Dis is gud news
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Gaskia: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Super1759:
Why Abia state come deh different

because their oil & gas is smaller!
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by henchamb(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Ebenezerk2:
Judiciary arm of Govt under President Buhari has turned to nonsense, I pity the democracy

My dear I feel ur pain. Sorry you hear

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Kennedykak(f): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
We keep watching them. In 90 days we will now the next governor should the PDP fail to approach the apex court.

I would have spoken my mind but I risk being banned by the moderator who lifted the ban some hours ago. I donate that moderator as a burnt sacrifice to my God cos he's the perfect judge.

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by millionaireman: 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Wow!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

PMB wants all oil-producing states -

new "chosen" governors are wanted from oil-producing states;

new governors who may not bother their people to raise eye brow when 13% derivation shall be doing going going ---- gone!!!!!

It is a grand plot.

North has been complaining that 13% paid from derivation to oil-producing states makes one side of Nigeria richer than the other.

4 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by fratermathy(m): 5:07pm On Dec 18, 2015
Femiwilli:
APC just dey sack Governors wey no back them.

Dem no dey sack any from the North oh!

APC naim appoint the judges abi? Talk is cheap. Kogi state nor de North abi? The courts removed some politicians there.!

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by sirAmeh(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
If they are saying there was over voting in the election,what are we to call the under age voting and over voting in some northern states in the country?

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by diegwu01: 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Unfortunately, the Governor has performed Woefully in his last 7 months,
No thanks to the dwindling oil prices.

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by martineverest(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
Too bad for pdp.... But the apc man looks like a thief that's ready to suck a.ibom state dry.udom is not better

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by EugeneLeeJnr(m): 5:08pm On Dec 18, 2015
expected this is the change they promised us ... I wish APC well they are intoxicated my the power freely given to them by the people hope they remember nothing last for ever
free and fare PDP will still win but after what I hv seen in kogi n bayelsa I hv my doubt

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by anytexy: 5:09pm On Dec 18, 2015
Gaskia:

Correct! Na your papa born you.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by diegwu01: 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
millionaireman:
Wow!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

PMB wants all oil-producing states -

new "chosen" governors are wanted from oil-producing states;

new governors who may not bother their people to raise eye brow when 13% derivation shall be doing going going ----

It is a grand plot.

North has been complaining that 13% makes one side of Nigeria richer than the other.

This Oil will disappoint everyone very soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by VISTIN(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
The plot to Islamise Nigeria by APC. No right thinking Nigerian will expect APC to match PDP in the SS in a clean election.

2 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by tophee(m): 5:10pm On Dec 18, 2015
GODWIN
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
PDP will still win Akwa Ibom state even if the election is conducted with Umana as Returning officer.

4 Likes

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Super1759: 5:11pm On Dec 18, 2015
Gaskia pos0:

smaller to oil in Taraba? Is there oil in Taraba if that's the yardstick
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
harosho07:

Another inconclusive election on board.

[size=20pt]Design ur website for free...
Contact harosho07@yahoo.com
[/size]

Inconclusive or not, as long as it is credible, as long as the election umpire is non partisan, as long as the people are allowed to choose their people, the that's is power to the people
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by badesco(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
If care is not taking PMN will turn this country into one party state. His kangaroo electoral tribunals has continue to nulifies elections in pdp key states while none in APCV States. Is this change

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by vikajef(m): 5:12pm On Dec 18, 2015
With the rate of election nullification this days, very soon virtually all elections will be scheduled to have different dates
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
diegwu01:
Unfortunately, the Governor has performed Woefully in his last 7 months,
No thanks to the dwindling oil prices.
You mean that he didn't perform to expectation?
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Adola1(m): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
[quote author=Gaskia post=41124630]

because their oil & gas is smaller! Because in Abia State they rig with sense. Their total voting strength was around 2millon while 400 thousand voted during last election but Rivers and Akwa Ibom PDP allotted about 1.2 million votes to themselves without considering the card reader accreditation.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by modestdude(m): 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
APC fighting desperately to get an Oil state.

The people of these States are not dafts.

Make una kontinu undecided

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

lol even if tinubu is inec chairman pdp is akwa ibom cheesy grin grin cheesy

my lga alone gave udom 40% of umana totalbfigure grin
But y going to d supreme court? They shld chill for d rerun.
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by Anijay1212(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rozayx5(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

You mean that he didn't perform to expectation?

he is trying. construction activities have resumed. but he needs to work faster. he is dull compared to wike
Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:15pm On Dec 18, 2015
rozayx5:

oga you know nothing about my state cheesy grin cheesy

stick to your southwastee

Which your state? The akwa-ibom state where I follow come from? Akwa-ibom where been leave pdp after Akpabio first term?

The akwa ibom where be say the only reason Akpabio could stay complete him tenure was because of Jonathan where no been allow judiciary do their work?

1 Like

Re: Court Of Appeal Nullifies The Election Of Udom Emmanuel Of Akwa Ibom by rottennaija(m): 5:16pm On Dec 18, 2015
vikajef:
With rate of election nullification this days, very soon virtually all elections will be scheduled to have different dates

And thats even better for close monitoring of elections

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Widow Accuses Dare Pelemo Of Sexual Harassment / Peter Obi visits Sheikh Guni At His Residence In Kaduna (Pictures) / Justice Flora Ngozi Azinge: A SAN Is Trying To Bribe Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.