Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,991 members, 7,803,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. (1432 Views)

Lady In Search Of Husband For Her 48-Year-Old Mother In Abuja / List Of Privileges Ladies Have Over Guyz. / On Feminism: Patriarchy-peddled Male Privileges. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2015

1. Women have the privilege of free entry into many nightclubs and bars

2. Women have the privilege of not having their motives questioned when they play with children

3. Women have the privilege of being 90% less likely to be homeless

4 Women have the privilege of being given free stuff because someone finds them attractive

5 Women have the privilege of being considered the most valuable gender

6 Women have the privilege of women-only scholarships

7 Women have the privilege of an education system tailored to their needs

8 Women have the privilege of having their feelings considered at all times

9 Women have the privilege of paying less retirement contributions and claiming more due to longer life expectancy

10 Women have the privilege of never being expected to do manual labour

11 Women have the privilege of it being socially acceptable to be deceptive about their level of attractiveness

12 Women have the privilege of being a stay at home parent as the norm for their gender

13 Women have the privilege of having access to contraceptive pills

14 Women have the privilege of being able to opt-out of parenthood after the fact

15 Women have the privilege of receiving custody of the children if they do not exhibit a major character flaw

16 Women have the privilege of alimony

17 Women have the privilege of female-specific cancers being taken more seriously than non-specific cancers

18 Women have the privilege of having biased, pro-woman movements that are taken seriously by the state, media and public at large

19 Women have the privilege of having women-only spaces

20 Women have the privilege of having women-only programmes on TV

21 Women have the privilege of blaming inappropriate behaviour on hormones

22 Women have the privilege of accusing men of having privileges, and for that accusation to go unchallenged

23 Women have the privilege of never being labeled "creepy" because they are attracted to a person who does not reciprocate

24 Women have the privilege of being consistently represented in a positive manner on television

25 Women have the privilege of being the secondary breadwinner in a household, if at all, and to still be respected by society

26 Women have the privilege of female genital mutilation being condemned by society at large

27 Women have the privilege of quotas

28 Women have the privilege of not having to defend their own liberty

29 Women have the privilege of having standards lowered to suit them when they choose to join the military

30 Women have the privilege of being given preferential treatment in a crisis

31 Women have the privilege of having the sympathy of men and women in a crisis

32 Women have the privilege of being given sympathy if they murder their children

33 Women have the privilege of being innocent until proven guilty after a sexual assault allegation

34 Women have the privilege of being statuatory rapists of males and having it publicly proclaimed that women cannot rape men

35 Women have the privilege of raping men and having it publicly proclaimed that women cannot rape men

36 Women have the privilege of raping a male and having it publicly proclaimed that the male in question was lucky

37 Women have the privilege of being the victim and not the perpetrator when engaging in intoxicated sex, no matter who initiated it

38 Women have the privilege of being less likely to be assaulted

39 Women have the privilege of being taken seriously when they are assaulted

40 Women have the privilege of having crisis centres and support available when they are assaulted

41 Women have the privilege of being cheered on by other women when they assault their partner

42 Women have the privilege of having most of the opposite gender socially conditioned to defend them, even if she is the instigator

43 Women have the privilege of having their partner blamed if they murder their partner

44 Women have the privilege of receiving half the sentence a man would receive for the same crime

45 Women have the privilege of being given the benefit of the doubt

46 Women have the privilege of never being told to suffer in silence

47 Women have the privilege of equality having a pro-woman bias

48 Women have the privilege of believing sexism only applies to women

source:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1gRNv561CE
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 18, 2015
Very true!! I'm lucky to be a gurl cheesy
buh dat doesn't mean there ain't disadvantages of being a female... so I'm waiting for the counter thread cool
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Michellla(f): 9:30pm On Dec 18, 2015
yea yea tell me about it

1 Like

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Solowande(m): 9:31pm On Dec 18, 2015
if this make front page i go wine hundred times
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 18, 2015
Oya dance alanta.

Read between the lines, women are more privileged than men in so many ways, and its unfair.
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Michellla(f): 9:36pm On Dec 18, 2015
Dapo777:
Oya dance alanta.

Read between the lines, women are more privileged than men in so many ways, and its unfair.
unfair? try carrying a baby for nine months.then you can talk about unfair

3 Likes

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by chukzey442(m): 9:38pm On Dec 18, 2015
Whatever, I still thank God I'm not a woman grin

1 Like

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by obiorathesubtle: 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
Michellla:

try impregnating a woman.

1 Like

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Michellla(f): 9:47pm On Dec 18, 2015
obiorathesubtle:
try impregnating a woman.
please tell me the hard work you do undecided

1 Like

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Nobody: 9:49pm On Dec 18, 2015
Michellla:

undecided
so thats a big suffering?
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by obiorathesubtle: 9:51pm On Dec 18, 2015
Michellla:

please tell me the hard work you do undecided
undecided producing sperm..

If you think it's so easy, why don't you do it??

You people have vaginas because you people are meant to carry children! We do not have vaginas, we can't carry children.. So don't pat yourself on the back for doing what you were built to do.

2 Likes

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Michellla(f): 9:54pm On Dec 18, 2015
obiorathesubtle:

You people have vaginas because you people are meant to carry children! We do not have vaginas, we can't carry children.. So don't pat yourself on the back for doing what you were built to do.
its not easy yet y'all chase girls around to do that "uneasy" thing. grin

2 Likes

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2015
lol.....

What kind of MISERABLE MAN wrote this trash?

=======================================

8 Women have the privilege of having their feelings considered at all times
YES, BECAUSE WE LISTEN TO WOMEN WHO WANT ABORTIONS OR WHO WANT TO BE THE BREADWINNERS

9 Women have the privilege of paying less retirement contributions and claiming more due to longer life expectancy
PLEASE, SHOW ME WHERE THIS IS LAW IN NIGERIA WHERE WOMEN PAY LESS RETIREMENT CONTRIBUTION

10 Women have the privilege of never being expected to do manual labour
OH, THE MILLIONS THAT DO KITCHEN LABOUR ARE DOING NON-MANUAL LABOUR?

13 Women have the privilege of having access to contraceptive pills
IN A COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA WHERE EVEN MEN CAN'T AFFORD CONDOMS, THIS IS QUITE A FOOLISH POINT. EVEN IN AMERICA, MILLIONS OF WOMEN DON'T HAVE ACCESS TO THE CONTRACEPTIVE PILLS BECAUSE OF HEALTHCARE COSTS.

DEAR OP, STOP COPYING AND PASTING TRASH IN ORDER TO REACH FRONT PAGE. HOWEVER, I DONT BLAME YOU- THE MODS LIKE THIS KIND OF THING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by MsBliss(f): 10:42pm On Dec 18, 2015
If these are the privileges,especially that no1,then I think I will pass.

There's more to being proudly a woman than those shii you wrote up there.
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by obiorathesubtle: 6:50am On Dec 19, 2015
Michellla:

its not easy yet y'all chase girls around to do that "uneasy" thing. grin
grin that uneasy thing is needful if we have to survive.
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Nobody: 7:03am On Dec 19, 2015
# No.2, that's why its preeetie easy for them to rape us when we are still tender sad
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by cao(f): 9:57pm On Dec 19, 2015
**side eyes the hell outta this thread**
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by khalhokage(m): 8:30am On Dec 20, 2015
Stop whining like a little girl, if you believe women have it best then go for a sex change operation, then you'll also have all these "privileges".
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 20, 2015
obiorathesubtle:

Vaginas don't carry children dumbo....

The Uterus does...undecided

1 Like

Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by Positivist: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2015
Women are different from men. That's their main privilege.
Re: 48 Privileges Of Being A Woman. by obiorathesubtle: 2:51pm On Dec 20, 2015
Estharfabian:
Vaginas don't carry children dumbo....

The Uterus does...undecided
undecided okay..

(1) (Reply)

Hot Weather: My Girlfriend Wanna Dump Me. Plz Help! / (advice Needed) Should He Trust & Continue In This Affair? / Its 2:47am......what Do U Think Im Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.