Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 PM

Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price (22765 Views)

Ekweremadu’s Removal Will Divide Nigeria – Archbishop Chukwuma Cautions Buhari / Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal To Save N16.4bn Monthly For Govt / Tinubu To Jonathan In 2012: Subsidy Removal Will Bring Hardship On The People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Freegift75: 4:05am On Dec 19, 2015
https://www.thecable.ng/subsidy-removal-may-not-affect-petrol-pump-price

Ibe Kachikwu, the minister for state of petroleum resources, says the removal of oil subsidy may not affect the pump price of premium motor spirit (PMS).

Speaking in Abuja on Thursday, Kachikwu said “there is so much emotion around subsidy issues” and the government would not technically be removing subsidy but focus on spending very little on it.

“My focus is that, the federal government shouldn’t spend as much as it is spending on subsidy,” he said. He said the issue of subsidy existence or removal, is no longer business as usual, as the NNPC is now taking an intellectual means of tackling the matter, without affecting the poor.

“You all know that the president has stated it, that in all we do, we must make sure that the poor people are not affected. “It has become intellectual, it’s no longer about
taking a number, yank it off, take off subsidy and we go. What we are doing is reviewing the PPPRA template, how can we reduce some of the cost elements? How do we deal with foreign exchange so there’s some stability in terms of the exchange rate?

“If we could close the amount of product that are smuggled out of the country, the effective consumption of the country cannot be more than 35 or 36 million (litres per day).

“If we take this analysis, we can deliver products today with the price of oil where it is and also sell close to the prices we have today without the need of the federal government to pay subsidy.

“It is not that we have removed subsidy but the application of market forces will enable you to sell products as close to the prices we have today.

“Is it going to be between N87 and N90? we will have to get PPPRA to do those templates and at 35 million (litres) we may sell products at N87; by the time we consume 36, we may be selling at N90 or N91”.

He said a band would be adopted to ensure crude sells within N87 and N97, depending on the price of crude oil and the modulation of PPPRA.

“Today the prices are largely close to N87; there might be no need to change the price by January, and it might go up or come down slightly by April.

“It is all the dynamics of what the crude is; so, I have not put a static figure, myself and PPPRA will sit down and do the calculations and be able to announce what price PMS will sell in January.

He said that the refineries would not be relied on until the state of their maintenance was completed, adding that Federal Government had agreed that it would not sell them at their present state.

COMPANIES THAT WILL TRADE NIGERIA’S OIL IN 2016

The NNPC also issued its 2016 crude oil term contracts to 21 companies, who would be expected to be the only traders of Nigerian crude.

According to Reuters, the contracts cover 991,000 barrels per day (bpd) of oil, worth $13.5 billion at current crude oil prices, which is roughly half of Nigeria’s crude oil production.

The refiners on the list are Spain’s Cepsa, Italy’s Saras, India’s IOC and ENOC of the Emirates, while trading houses are Trafigura, Mercuria and Vitol.

The international oil companies are ENI, Total, Exxon and Shell.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by orobs93(m): 4:08am On Dec 19, 2015
This is d only reason dat will make me concur..to dis fuel subsidy tinging

4 a resounding Amen hit d like button.

27 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Sibrah: 4:19am On Dec 19, 2015
Good. At last I can afford to trust the govt with simple decision making. If PDP led govt had supervised same move I am sure the marketers would have transformed into cabals and regulate oil prices for huge profit via bogus claims. If the marketers could steal the govt money via subsidy you tell me how same govt would have been able to regulated them without subsidy. I support the move.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by ajisebioyo1(m): 4:24am On Dec 19, 2015
You see tribal marks for our faces?

5 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Zaikon(m): 4:36am On Dec 19, 2015
closer to
Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Cpumping(m): 4:45am On Dec 19, 2015
we shall still protest sha, just for the fun of it

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by ogdada: 4:49am On Dec 19, 2015
Igbeyi aye.......

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by rottennaija(m): 4:59am On Dec 19, 2015
Cpumping:

Dude, u r funny

25 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by rottennaija(m): 5:01am On Dec 19, 2015
One thing I like about our state petroleum minister is that he is intelligent and smart. I am guess that's what I expected from a first class material like him

15 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by mployer(m): 5:20am On Dec 19, 2015
rottennaija:
One thing I like about our state petroleum minister is that he is intelligent and smart. I am guess that's what I expected from a first class material like him

They are all good at telling lies...

49 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by mployer(m): 5:21am On Dec 19, 2015
Sibrah:
Good. At last I can afford to trust the govt with simple decision making. If PDP led govt had supervised same move I am sure the marketers would have transformed into cabals and regulate oil prices for huge profit via bogus claims. If the marketers could steal the govt money via subsidy you tell me how same govt would have been able to regulated them without subsidy. I support the move.

Which government are you trusting? This hypocritical government that said it doesn't know what subsidy is?

Keep getting brainwashed.

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by mployer(m): 5:25am On Dec 19, 2015
I wonder why crude oil is price is falling in the world market but the pump price here is not falling. I guess somebody's profit margins is increasing everyday.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Pavore9: 5:37am On Dec 19, 2015
With crude sell under $40, how much is the landing cost of a litre of Petrol?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by moscobabs(m): 5:39am On Dec 19, 2015
Cpumping:

aye nse e niyen or u no get job? must u protest for everything

nija sa...if God wants to be sharing millions for each family una go still protest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 5:46am On Dec 19, 2015
Sibrah:

Do not be a hypocrit.

When was the last time you just drove into a gas station and bought fuel at N87 per lit without queuing for more than 12 hours?

39 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by omenka(m): 5:49am On Dec 19, 2015
There's no gainsaying there's gonna be a severe slash in subsidy payments in the forthcoming year given the whispers about the policy in government circles.

Given the state of our financial fortunes at the moment, it is absolutely imperative that the policy be done away with and the monies saved from so doing channeled into the development of critical infrastructure to stimulate the economic growth and development we all yearn for.

With just a few nairas that was saved from subsidy removal some years ago, we all saw what Baba did with PTF. The projects, most of which are still visible to this day due to their quality, bear testament to Baba's prudence and sincerity when it comes to usage of funds.

I believe he can do it again if given the chance.

I know some folks would wanna call me a hypocrite for being supportive of this when I stood firmly against it in the last admin. Let me state for the record and for the last time, most of us who did did so because of the sleaze that was the hallmark of Jonathan's admin. We knew nothing good would come out of it and indeed we were proven right by the revelations made by Christopher Kolade, the guy appointed to manage the funds saved from the partial removal: SURE-p was a humongous scam.

It shall be well with Nigeria.

19 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Sibrah: 6:00am On Dec 19, 2015
jusRadical:

Do not be a hypocrit.

When was the last time you bought fuel at N87 per lit?
3 days ago. I still boughtt fuel at N87 3 days ago.

10 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Sibrah: 6:02am On Dec 19, 2015
mployer:

Which government are you trusting? This hypocritical government that said it doesn't know what subsidy is?

Keep getting brainwashed.
when did the government make that statement? I assume you meant Buhari as the President elect.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Freegift75: 6:04am On Dec 19, 2015
omenka:
There's no gainsaying there's gonna be a severe slash in subsidy payments in the forthcoming year given the whispers about the policy in government circles.

I know some folks would wanna call me a hypocrite for being supportive of this when I stood firmly against it in the last admin. Let me state for the record and for the last time, most of us who did did so because of the sleaze that was the hallmark of Jonathan's admin. We knew nothing good would come out of it and indeed we were proven right by the revelations made by Christopher Kolade, the guy appointed to manage the funds saved from the partial removal: SURE-p was a humongous scam.

Last administration could not be trusted with the subsidy removal. It was glaring then and that was why we all protested against the removal.

But now we have new administration that the masses rely and believe. The leadership of this present dispensation is trustworthy and that's why we all support the removal.

Watchout, NLC will have no doubt but to support
Pastor Tunde Bakare also has been whispering, echoing the removal for over three months now. They all know Buhari will see stealing as corruption.

No To Subsidy

16 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by keally: 6:36am On Dec 19, 2015
omenka:

Given the state of our financial fortunes at the moment, it is absolutely imperative that the policy be done away with and the monies saved from so doing channeled into the development of critical infrastructure to stimulate the economic growth and development we all yearn for.

With just a few nairas that was saved from subsidy removal some years ago, we all saw what Baba did with PTF. The projects, most of which are still visible to this day due to their quality, bear testament to Baba's prudence and sincerity when it comes to usage of funds.

. You've said it all, you are great hypocrite and a super-self-deceiver. You only opposed GEJ of your myopic reasoning. All of you should eat the humble pie and not be ashamed to do so. GEJ is a living legend. He is the first person in over 25years of subsidy payment that stopped the payment but for brainwashed mugus like you blinded by killer-hatred. You are still covering the truth not knowing that it is an impossibility. Your co-conspirators that rocked the ship of GEJ's administration are already confessing about GEJ's UNEQUALLED achievement in virtually all sectors of the nation's economy but until they confess that they devilishly and demonically deceived Nigerians they would remain under the fierce and intense judgement of God. For people like you still revelling in self-delusion, pray you don't get so frustrated and disappointed by your messiah PMB to the point of taking your own life. The pit you dug for GEJ will swallow you all up while GEJ keeps flying to higher heights and levels of accomplishments and achievements.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by ChappyChase: 6:38am On Dec 19, 2015
And can some one tell me how it gonna work? Abi no be naija we dey again?

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by dunkem21(m): 6:44am On Dec 19, 2015
keally:
. You've said it all, you are great hypocrite and a super-self-deceiver. You only opposed GEJ of your myopic reasoning. All of you should eat the humble pie and not be ashamed to do so. GEJ is a living legend. He is the first person in over 25years of subsidy payment that stopped the payment but for brainwashed mugus like you blinded by killer-hatred. You are still covering the truth not knowing that it is an impossibility. Your co-conspirators that rocked the ship of GEJ's administration are already confessing about GEJ's UNEQUALLED achievement in virtually all sectors of the nation's economy but until they confess that they devilishly and demonically deceived Nigerians they would remain under the fierce and intense judgement of God. For people like you still revelling in self-delusion, pray you don't get so frustrated and disappointed by your messiah PMB to the point of taking your own life. The pit you dug for GEJ will swallow you all up while GEJ keeps flying to higher heights and levels of accomplishments and achievements.

The guy used his hands to call himself a hypocrite ..

Hmnnn .. It stinks to high heavens ..

Oya, passingshot, your own version ..

25 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Montaque(m): 6:56am On Dec 19, 2015
I pray for our economy.
it seems to be falling apart slowly. and the government seems to be grappling with it. was it not kachikwu that said that the scarcity of fuel will end this xmas. today is 19th and the queue at the stations is getting longer.
It seems nigeria have different a law of economics.

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Johnnoah1st: 6:58am On Dec 19, 2015
apc: confused set of people

8 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by xandy84: 7:17am On Dec 19, 2015
Your assumption is wrong. Average Nigerians knows the landing cost of PMS so it is difficult for cabal to fix the price high when people know the cost. It is much easier to remove subsidy now with little increase in price of PMS due to falling price of crude oil but he fail to explain what will happen is there an increase in price of crude oil. This government is making assumptions that things will remain the same in formulating there economic plans which most likely things changes with.

Sibrah:

4 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by ikorodureporta: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2015
So wht happens if crude oil price increase? Are they gonna regulate the price.....diesel, kerosine are sold without 'barriers'. Why cnt they fix d refineries...

1 Like

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by porka: 7:38am On Dec 19, 2015
They said no company would trade oil on behalf of Nigerian government again.

They said government would deal directly with the refineries abroad.

They have now APPOINTED OIL TRADING companies.

Is there any explanation for this?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by Nobody: 7:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Sibrah:
3 days ago. I still boughtt fuel at N87 3 days ago.
after spending hours on queue can u quantify that add to the 87 get actual price

10 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by funlord(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2015
grin

When even now that there is subsidy I bought subsidised fuel for N135 per litre yesterday evening? Abeg Kachi park well! Nonsense...

2 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by porka: 8:13am On Dec 19, 2015
omenka:

It's a sign of immaturity not to admit you made a mistake.

It's only a child that would continue to attempt to cover obvious falsehood with more lies.

You didn't oppose the last administration on subsidy removal because of anything but a combination ignorance, programmed thinking, and perhaps hatred.

Many of you people said then that there was no subsidy at all. While many others said it was your entitlement. Arguing that Nigeria is rich to subsidize petrol, you brought several figures of petrol pump prices from other jurisdictions to justify your entitlement tales. That was when we 'knew' how much petrol is/was sold in Iran, Venezuela, Gabon, Angola etc.

The last administration was the first to identify the unsustainability of petrol subsidy. It was the first to identify those who abused it an charged them to court.

It appointed Kolade the chair of SURE-P who did his bits and resigned based on his AGE (he said at 80 years he was done with public service).

Kolade subsequently nominated Martin Luther Agwai to Jonathan as his replacement.

Again, it's childish to attempt to cover lies with further lies. Ultimately, most lies are uncovered sooner or later.

33 Likes

Re: Kachikwu: Subsidy Removal Will Not Affect Pump Price by omenka(m): 8:19am On Dec 19, 2015
porka:

It's a sign of immaturity not to admit you made a mistake.

It's only a child that would continue to attempt to cover obvious falsehood with more lies.

You didn't oppose the last administration on subsidy removal because of anything but a combination ignorance, programmed thinking, and perhaps hatred.

Many of you people said then that there was no subsidy at all. While many others said it was your entitlement. Arguing that Nigeria is rich to subsidize petrol, you brought several figures of petrol pump prices from other jurisdictions to justify your entitlement tales. That was when we 'knew' how much petrol is/was sold in Iran, Venezuela, Gabon, Angola etc.

The last administration was the first to identify the unsustainability of petrol subsidy. It was the first to identify those who abused it an charged them to court.

It appointed Kolade the chair of SURE-P who did his bits and resigned based on his AGE (he said at 80 years he was done with public service).

Kolade subsequently nominated Martin Luther Agwai to Jonathan as his replacement.

Again, it's childish to attempt to cover lies with further lies. Ultimately, most lies are uncovered sooner or later.
Did Kolade say the SURE-p was fraught with fraud or not?? You say I lie and you are the one whose post is riddled with barefaced lies . I don't respond to things like you. Oga, Suit yourself. It is your life not mine.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Gisting And Laughing With Atiku At Silverbird Man Of The Year Award / Kenneth Okonkwo: Why I Am Running For Enugu Governorship Election In 2019 / People of North-West are one, yet killing each other -Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.