Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,754 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:51 PM

My Objection With The 2016 Budget And What Should Be Done Insteadby Emekamex - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Objection With The 2016 Budget And What Should Be Done Insteadby Emekamex (432 Views)

WAEC Certificate: Buhari Files Appeal Against Ruling Dismissing His Objection / CCT: Saraki's Objection Thrown Out, Trial Commences / Kogi: Tribunal Admits Wada’s Expert Report, Dismisses APC, Inec’s Objection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Objection With The 2016 Budget And What Should Be Done Insteadby Emekamex by Emekamex(m): 8:56am On Dec 19, 2015
I am writing this article to air my disapproval of the 2016 budget proposal and proffer better alternative measures that should be done instead.
->The Nigerian 2016 budget proposal has set aside N6 trillion naira as the total intended expeniture with over 4 trillion (70%) for recurrent expenditure and 1.8 trillion (30%) for capital expenditure. The FG plans to finance the budget through crude oil sales pegged at 38 dollars per barrel at production rate of 2.2 million bpd with a shortfall and deficit of 2.2 trillion naira which is intended to be financed through local and international loans
http://www.newsexpressngr.com /news/detail.php?news=18131&title=FG- packages-record-N6-trillion-budget- for-2016
http://sunnewsonline.com /new/nigeriall-need-foreign-loans- to-finance-2016-budget-minister/
-> Pegging crude oil sale at 38 dollars per barrel is already a major bleep since it has been forecasted that crude oil sale might drop as low as 20 dollars per barrel by 2016 which create more deficit than the 2.2 trillion previously accrued
http://www.theguardian.com/business /2015/sep/11/goldman-sachs-says-oil- could-fall-to-20-dollars-a-barrel
-> My piece of advice on the predicament we find ourselves is that the capital expenditure should be raised to about 4 trillion naira or more and should be solely financed by loans from local and international.
->The Recurrent expenditures should be solely financed by crude oil sales and incomes from customs and taxation.
-> Capital projects should be focused on agricultural developments and investments in other solid minerals aside from crude oil. Infrastructural development like building schools, hospitals and universities should also be considered.
->Road repairs should also be done using the capital funds, thereafter they should be maintained through taxations from toll gates.
->The beauty of this proposed plan is that recurrent expenditures will fully be financed by the FG and capital expenditures through loans which will be repaid after the investments made with it mature fully and also giving the FG reasonable profits even after repaying the loans.
-> I think Nigeria's economy will turn for the better if things are done this way.
Re: My Objection With The 2016 Budget And What Should Be Done Insteadby Emekamex by Rudboy360(m): 8:58am On Dec 19, 2015
Issokay...I'm coming back to comment cool

(1) (Reply)

APC stop and think about our Economy. / 2016 Budget Presentation Live On Channels Tv / Christmas:hilarious Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.