Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty (5407 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / AR'BAIN - 40days After Ashura! (Largest Peaceful Gathering On Earth) / Which Religion Was Practised During The Pre-islamic Period In The Arab Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Go Down)

The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 4:11am On Jun 08, 2009
Apostasy in Islam (Arabic: ارتداد, irtidād or ridda‎) is commonly defined as the rejection in word or deed of their former religion (apostasy) by a person who was previously a follower of Islam.

The four major Sunni Madh'hab (schools of Islamic jurisprudence) all agree that apostasy is the gravest sin in Islam and require the application of the death penalty as long as the individual does not do so in ignorance or under duress, except for tha Hanafi school which regards women to be exempt[1][2]. They also differentiate between harmful apostasy and harmless apostasy[3] (also known as major and minor apostasy)[4]. According to Wael Hallaq nothing of the apostasy law are derived from the Qur'an,[5] although the jurist al-Shafi'i interpreted the Qu'ranic verse 2:217 as providing the main evidence for apostasy being a capital crime in Islam.[6]
In Islamic law (sharia), the consensus view is that a male apostate must be put to death unless he suffers from a mental disorder or converted under duress, for example, due to an imminent danger of being killed. A female apostate must be either executed, according to Shafi'i, Maliki, and Hanbali schools of Sunni Islamic jurisprudence (fiqh), or imprisoned until she reverts to Islam as advocated by the Sunni Hanafi school and by Shi'a scholars

Most Islamic scholars agree that the appropriate punishment for apostasy is beheading

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by noetic2: 4:24pm On Jun 08, 2009
Its called the "holy" Jihad.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2009
Jesus is God according to the bible,

Jesus said

“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).

And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people. Luke 7:16

The Jews answered him [Jesus], saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. John 10:33

You call Me Teacher and Lord; and ye say well; for so I Am. John 13:13

And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], My Lord and my God. John 20:28

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

No doubt jesus is God according to the BIble.
Now lets see did jesus kill/murdered people or not ?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 6:50pm On Jun 08, 2009
Jesus is GOD

God kills 70,000 innocent people because David ordered a census of the people (1 Chronicles 21).

God also orders the destruction of 60 cities so that the Israelites can live there. He orders the killing of all the men, women, and children of each city, and the looting of all of value (Deuteronomy 3).

He orders another attack and the killing of “all the living creatures of the city: men and women, young, and old, as well as oxen sheep, and asses” (Joshua 6).

In Judges 21, He orders the murder of all the people of Jabesh-gilead, except for the virgin girls who were taken to be forcibly raped and married. When they wanted more virgins, God told them to hide alongside the road and when they saw a girl they liked, kidnap her and forcibly rape her and make her your wife! Just about every other page in the Old Testament has God killing somebody!

In 2 Kings 10:18-27, God orders the murder of all the worshipers of a different god in their very own church! In total God kills 371,186 people directly and orders another 1,862,265 people murdered. (How dare you even open ur mouth when your God did even worst)

The God of the Bible also allows slavery, including selling your own daughter as a sex slave (Exodus 21:1-11), child abuse (Judges 11:29-40 and Isaiah 13:16), and bashing babies against rocks (Hosea 13:16 & Psalms 137:9). This is disgusting, what a religion plus their god
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 8:43pm On Jun 08, 2009
@$Osisi: I think you need to know that there is only one prophet. He is Muhammad (AS). The Imams and indeed the companions deferred to Muhammad (AS). None of these noble men's words or statements override that of Muhammad. When any of them made a statement, it has to be within what Muhammad said. If it has no connection to what Muhammad said, it should be rejected as soon as you know exactly what he said.

In view of this, each of the four Imams gave a disclaimer that it is Muhammad's statemet that is above theirs. Allah says that Muhammad is the prophet. Allah says that believers should obey Muhammad.

Sayings Of The Imams Regarding Following The Sunnah
And Ignoring Their Views Contradictory To It

It would be beneficial if we gave some of these here, for perhaps this will admonish or remind those who follow the opinion of the Imams - nay, of those far below the Imams in rank - blindly18, sticking to their madhabs or views as if these had descended from the heavens! But Allaah, Mighty and Sublime, says:

"Follow (O men!) the revelation given to you from your Lord, and follow not, as friends and protectors, other than Him. Little is it you remember of admonition."19

1) Abu Hanifah (rahimahullah)
The first of them is Abu Hanifah Nu'man ibn Thabit, whose companions have narrated from him various sayings and diverse warnings, all of them leading to one thing: the obligation to accept the Hadeeth, and to give up following the opinions of the imams which contradict it:

1. "When a hadeeth is found to be saheeh, then that is my madhhab."20
2. "It is not permitted21 for anyone to accept our views if they do not know from where we got them."22

In one narration, "It is prohibited23 for someone who does not know my evidence to give verdicts24 on the basis of my words."

Another narration adds, ", for we are mortals: we say one thing one day, and take it back the next day."

In another narration, "Woe to you, O Ya'qub25! Do not write down everything you hear from me, for it happens that I hold one opinion today and reject it tomorrow, or hold one opinion tomorrow and reject it the day after tomorrow."26

3. "When I say something contradicting the Book of Allaah the Exalted or what is narrated from the Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), then ignore my saying."27

2) Malik ibn Anas (rahimahullah)

As for Imaam Malik ibn Anas, he said:

1. "Truly I am only a mortal: I make mistakes (sometimes) and I am correct (sometimes). Therefore, look into my opinions: all that agrees with the Book and the Sunnah, accept it; and all that does not agree with the Book and the Sunnah, ignore it."28
2. "Everyone after the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) will have his sayings accepted and rejected - not so the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam)."29

3. Ibn Wahab said: "I heard Malik being asked about cleaning between the toes during ablution. He said, 'The people do not have to do that.' I did not approach him until the crowd had lessened, when I said to him, 'We know of a sunnah about that.' He said, 'What is that ?' I said, 'Laith ibn Sa'd, Ibn Lahee'ah and 'Amr ibn al-Harith narrated to us from Yazeed ibn 'Amr al-Ma'aafiri from Abu 'Abdur-Rahman al-Hubuli from Mustawrid ibn Shaddad al-Qurashi who said, 'I saw the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) rubbing between his toes with his little finger.' He said, 'This hadeeth is sound; I had not heard of it at all until now.' Afterwards, I heard him being asked about the same thing, on which he ordered cleaning between the toes."30

3) Shaafi'i (rahimahullah)

As for Imaam Shaafi'i, the quotations from him are most numerous and beautiful31, and his followers were the best in sticking to them:

1. "The sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) reach, as well as escape from, every one of us. So whenever I voice my opinion, or formulate a principle, where something contrary to my view exists on the authority of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), then the correct view is what the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has said, and it is my view."32
2. "The Muslims are unanimously agreed that if a sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is made clear to someone, it is not permitted33 for him to leave it for the saying of anyone else."34

3. "If you find in my writings something different to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), then speak on the basis of the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), and leave what I have said."

In one narration: ", then follow it (the Sunnah), and do not look sideways at anyone else's saying."35

4. "When a hadeeth is found to be saheeh, then that is my madhhab."36

5. "You37 are more knowledgeable about Hadeeth than I, so when a hadeeth is saheeh, inform me of it, whether it is from Kufah, Basrah or Syria, so that I may take the view of the hadeeth, as long as it is saheeh."38

6. "In every issue where the people of narration find a report from the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) to be saheeh which is contrary to what I have said, then I take my saying back, whether during my life or after my death."39

7. "If you see me saying something, and contrary to it is authentically-reported from the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam), then know that my intelligence has departed."40

8. "For everything I say, if there is something authentic from the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) contrary to my saying, then the hadeeth of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) comes first, so do not follow my opinion."41

9. "Every statement on the authority of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is also my view, even if you do not hear it from me."42

4) Ahmad ibn Hanbal (rahimahullah)

Imaam Ahmad was the foremost among the Imams in collecting the Sunnah and sticking to it, so much so that he even "disliked that a book consisting of deductions and opinions be written."43 Because of this he said:

1. "Do not follow my opinion; neither follow the opinion of Malik, nor Shaafi'i, nor Awzaa'i, nor Thawri, but take from where they took."44
In one narration: "Do not copy your Deen from anyone of these, but whatever comes from the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and his Companions, take it; next are their Successors, where a man has a choice."

Once he said: "Following45 means that a man follows what comes from the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and his Companions; after the Successors, he has a choice."46

2. "The opinion of Awzaa'i, the opinion of Malik, the opinion of Abu Hanifah: all of it is opinion, and it is all equal in my eyes. However, the proof is in the narrations (from the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and his Companions)."47

3. "Whoever rejects a statement of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) is on the brink of destruction."48

These are the clear, lucid sayings of the Imams (Allaah Exalted be pleased with them) about sticking to the Hadeeth and forbidding the following of their opinion without clearly- visible evidence, such that mere opinion and interpretation is not acceptable.
Hence, whoever adhered to whatever of the Sunnah that was proved authentic, even if it opposed some of the Imams' sayings, he would not be conflicting with their madhhab, nor straying from their path; rather, such a person would be following all of them and would be grasping the most trustworthy hand-hold, which never breaks. However, this would not be the case with the one who abandoned any of the authentic Sunnah simply because it contradicted their views; nay, such a person would be being disobedient to them and opposing their above mentioned sayings, while Allaah says:

"But no, by Your Lord, they can have no (real) faith, until they make you judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against your decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction."49. He also says:

"Then let those beware who withstand the Messenger's order, lest some trial befall them or a grievous penalty be inflicted on them."50

Hafiz Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali (rahimahullah) says:

"Therefore it is obligatory on anyone who hears of a command of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) or knows it, to explain it to the Ummah, advise them sincerely, and order them to follow his command, even if it contradicts the opinion of someone great. This is because the authority of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) has the most right to be respected and followed, over and above the opinion of anyone great who has unknowingly contradicted the Messenger's command in any matter. This is why the Companions and those after would refute anyone who contradicted the authentic Sunnah, sometimes being very stern in their refutation51, not out of hatred for that person, for they loved and respected him, but because the Messenger of Allaah was more beloved to them, and his command was superior to the command of any other created being. Hence, when the order of the Messenger and that of someone else conflicted, the order of the Messenger would be more fitting to be enforced and followed. None of this would stop them respecting the person they had opposed because they knew that he would be forgiven52; in fact, the latter would not mind his instruction being opposed when the command of the Messenger of Allaah (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) was clearly shown to be opposite."53

Indeed, how could they mind that, when they had ordered their followers to do so, as we have seen, and had enjoined on them to abandon any of their views which contradicted the Sunnah. In fact, Imaam Shaafi'i (rahimahullah) told his companions to attribute the authentic Sunnah to him also, even if he had not adopted it or had adopted something contradictory to it. Hence, when the analyst Ibn Daqeeq al-'Eid (rahimahullah) collected together, in a bulky volume, the issues in which one or more of the four Imams' madhhab had contradicted the authentic hadeeth, he wrote at the beginning of it, "It is prohibited to attribute these answers to the Mujtahid Imams, and obligatory on the jurists who follow their opinions to know of these so that they do not quote them regarding these and thus lie against them."54

The Imams' Followers Leaving their Views if these Contradicted the Sunnah

Due to all that we have mentioned, the disciples of the Imams, a number of people from those of old, and a few from those of later time55, would not accept all of their Imam's views; they actually ignored many when they found them to be clearly against the Sunnah. Even the two Imams, Muhammad ibn al-Hasan and Abu Yusuf (rahimahullah) differed from their Sheikh Abu Hanifah "in about a third of the Madhhab"56, as the books of masaa'il prove. Similarly is said about Imaam al- Muzani57 and other followers of Shaafi'i and other Imams; were we to start giving examples, the discussion would become exceedingly, long, and we would digress from what we set out to do in this Introduction, so we shall limit ourselves to two instances:
1) Imaam Muhammad says in his Muwatta'58(p. 158), "As for Abu Hanifah, he did not regard there being a prayer to ask for rain, but we hold that the imam prays two rak'ahs and then supplicates and holds out his wrapping garment , "

2) We have 'Isaam ibn Yusuf al-Balkhi, one of the companions of Imaam Muhammad59 and a servant of Imaam Abu Yoosuf60, who "would give verdicts contrary to Imaam Abu Hanifah because he did not know the latter's evidence, and other evidence would present itself to him, so he would give verdicts using that."61 Hence, "he would raise his hands on bowing (in prayer) and on rising from it"62, as is the mutawaatir sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam); the fact that his three Imams (i.e. Abu Hanifah, Abu Yusuf and Muhammad) said otherwise did not prevent him from practicing this sunnah. This is the approach which every Muslim is obliged to have, as we have already seen from the testimony of the Four Imams, and others.

To sum up: I sincerely hope that no follower of an Imaam will race to condemn the principles of this book and abandon benefiting from the sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam) which it contains, with the argument that they are contrary to his Madhhab. I hope that such a person will instead consider what we have given of the exhortations of the Imams towards the obligation to act on the Sunnah and ignore their sayings contradictory to it. I hope also that he will realize that to condemn the attitude of this book is to condemn whichever Imaam he is following, for we have taken these principles from those Imams, as we have explained. Therefore, whoever refuses to be guided by them on this path is in great danger, for such refusal necessitates turning away from the Sunnah, the Sunnah to which we have been ordered to refer in cases of difference of opinion and on which we have been commanded to depend.

I ask Allaah to make us among those about whom He says,
"The answer of the believers, when summoned to Allaah and His Messenger, in order that he may judge between them, is no other than this: they say, "We hear and we obey" - it is such as these that will attain Success. It is those who obey Allaah and His Messenger, and fear Allaah, and keep their duty to Him, who will triumph."63
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 08, 2009
won pick race awon elenu razor, or is it too long for u people to read?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 10:09pm On Jun 08, 2009
@$Osisi: Allah and His Rasul (AS) did not kill "Apostates" without any reason except "leaving" Islam. Raed the Quran, again! Many verses spoke about religion is by choice, leaving and coming into religion, again and again, and keeping belief in the heart, while denying it on the tongue, if one is fearful of confessing his/her Islam.

If every apostate was killed, the verse of possibility of a person reentering Islam will be ineffective, as it would have been abrogated. Also, the verse that allows freedom of religion will also be irrelevant. As we can see, these are not the cases. When Makka was opened by the prophet (AS) and his companions (RA), they did not kill people who had accepted Islam and then left it, after the event of Isra wa Miraj. In Madina, people left Islam after Gaswatu (war/battle) of Huhud. Osisi, notice that the word Jihad was not used to denote "war or battle" . Yet all the wars that the rophet participated in are "holy wars!" Ahrab is another word for war!

The few people who were killed during the life time of the Prophet (AS) for apostasy had two things in common, as Allah revealed their innermost secret about their entering and leaving Islam to His Messenger (AS).

1) The individuals before entering or during their stay as muslim, they had decided to enter and leave it with  the hope that when they do others will decide not to enter it, or those who are in it, will get out along with them or after it.

2) Those who who had this secret in their hearts, after leaving began totell lies against Islam. Their lies are so pervasive that it becomes known and common knowledge to everyone. When they are told to cease and desist, they did not stop. They were brough to trial and found guilty and put to death!

Osisi, is there a society that will not meter justice to the guilty? There is a limit to human endurance. Even the Christian's turn the other cheek, has never been practiced, by anyone or society. There is a point that even the strongest of human society will begin to show stess.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2009
Thanks my sister Uplawal. May Allah keep you well and give you success in this world and in the next.

When the muslims write or copy long pieces, it is definitely for the benefit of the Muslims. There is tremendous amount of info in Islam.
A second in the life of our noble prophet (AS) is a lifetime of other people.

The disbelievers want a one liners. But Islam is not a one liner, whereby people may just interprete what they want for themselves. The beauty of this religion known as Isam is that it is a complete religion without needing any addition, before Allah took back His Messenger (AS).
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 7:47am On Jun 09, 2009
Abuzola:

Jesus is God according to the bible,

Jesus said

“I and the Father are one” (John 10:30).

And there came a fear on all: and they glorified God, saying, That a great prophet is risen up among us; and, That God hath visited his people. Luke 7:16

The Jews answered him [Jesus], saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God. John 10:33

You call Me Teacher and Lord; and ye say well; for so I Am. John 13:13

And Thomas answered and said unto him [Jesus], My Lord and my God. John 20:28

I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins. John 8:24

No doubt jesus is God according to the BIble.
Now lets see did jesus kill/murdered people or not ?

So Abuzola understands PERFECTLY that Christ Himself and the jews CORRECTLY identified Him as God? shocked

What a shock . . . i never knew i'd live to see the day a muslim would MISTAKENLY admit the truth!
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 11:34am On Jun 09, 2009
Thats what ur bible says, jesus of d bible is god and we all saw how he ordered murdered & torment d people, wat a jesus
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 11:42am On Jun 09, 2009
Again jesus contradict himself in luke 22:42 father, if thou willing, remove this cup from me, not my willing but thine
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Abuzola(m): 11:52am On Jun 09, 2009
jesus being a god was asking for help from another god to change his destiny after he feard been crucified. hahahaha god
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by JJYOU: 12:09pm On Jun 09, 2009
Abuzola:

jesus being a god was asking for help from another god to change his destiny after he feard been crucified. hahahaha god
at least depending on a mighty and compassionate God is better than asking your mujahadin followers to fight for and wish you peace on every rememberance of you.

He didnt ask His followers to fight for Him unlike your mustapha or is it mohommed now.

you and your likes are so stupid you have no respect for other persons feelings/opinion and you have the audacity to come brandishing your stupid NL fatwahs.

i first noticed olabs whom i tot should know better using he for Christ last week here you are a follower of violent polygamist unoeaceful man insulting Christ in the name of what.

i wanted to say may your allah and mustafah forsake you but i know they are being tormented in hll with their 70 brides in hell so you be a curse on yourself stupid religious fool. you guys come here like only know God let cant show any form of respect for people cos you feel that gives you passage to your hellish virgins
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by muhsin(m): 12:33pm On Jun 09, 2009
I've been saying it ; some peoples' posts are not worth replying to. Leave the deluded, brain-washed and dogmatized benighted dimwits say whatever they feel like saying. I don't give a damn! And I mean it.

@Olabowale,

May the Almighty Allah reward. But go and rest. Allah has seen your good effor to educate and enlight the deem, dark and misguided way of these 'lost sheep'.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by noetic2: 1:53pm On Jun 09, 2009
uplawal:

won pick race awon elenu razor, or is it too long for u people to read?
you are fast becoming a typical muslim. full of words NO substance.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 2:25pm On Jun 09, 2009
@Davidylan:

So Abuzola understands PERFECTLY that Christ Himself and the jews CORRECTLY identified Him as God?

What a shock . . . i never knew i'd live to see the day a muslim would MISTAKENLY admit the truth!

David I thought your many years of having been in Rochester will help you some about what a man truly means
and when he takes your lies and use it to argue against you? This is waht Abuzola have done with your deitifying a prophet!

He said, so that you don't mis it this time, if Jesus is the true God, then you Christians can claim that your religion is peaceful,
because he Jesus used to kill people mercilessly, if you read the Old Testament! Now run with that and disproof Abuzola.

Your just holding on to part of the sentence and ignoring the other part, because it does contain the truth, is your perennial problem!

This is the reason you are still a christian. You probably would enjoy Dr. Feelgood. Reality is a different animal, altogether. Jesus could never even be god if we take into consideration of the OT attitude of Biblical God. Would Jesus would have allowed a single scratch of his skin not to even think
about those big laxarations! He would have wiped them out, the Jews and the co-conspirator Romans! He would have gone far beyond stopping them, or taking revenge. It will be an intended eye for a whole clan, if you know what I mean. (wink, wink).

Where is $Osisi who started this thread?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 2:39pm On Jun 09, 2009
Allah says in the Quran to the "Believers" to enter Islam Completely (without holding back). And that they should not alliance or allow shaitan an open enemy of man to make alliance with you. Noetic, you are so chaotic, if you think a believer should be thinking like a non-believer, when it comes to religion.

Do believers and non believers equal or have their ways of worship the same? No.

@JJYOU: Should a god be begging another one, regardless of the Mercy or Unmercifulnes? Is there a verse in your Bible where Yahweh, or Jehovah or Eloi beg Jesus or the Holy Ghost? Did Yahweh or Jehovah or Eloi ever asked Jesus or Holy Ghost to approve anything before it is done? Think about it for a moment. Maybe it will finally come to you that you have been playing around all this time.

Allah does not ask anyone, and does not beg anyone. He instructs, commands and does what He Will. Yet you have the greatest Mercy from Him; all you have to do is seek forgiveness from Him, directly! No go between. No nothing!
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 2:51pm On Jun 09, 2009
@$Osisi: Islam also have as its duty to protect and safe lives. Open the Quran and read it. Now, apart from the one time that a prostitute was saved, show me another verse from the New Testament that a single life was saved.

I will them show you the many verses from the Quran where Allah says leave them alone for their appointed meeting with their Lord.

You as a woman should be appaulled about female treatments from the Bible. For sure you are the purveyor of the act that make mankind fall from grace, mercy and hence sent out of the garden! You are punished with pain of childbearing. Your action brought in the original sin that will never leave even the body of a new born baby! You are blamed by the males, and can't be looked at even when you are in your monthly issues. This means that every month, men should be blind towards you, for at least 5 days?!

Osisi, you need to get out of this group. Otherwies, its your fault that you are considered this way! Abeg woman, go sedon.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2009
is anyone disputing that Islam kills apostates as a duty?
why all this song and dance?
[size=24pt]In 2009,Islamic sharia murders innocent citizens for converting from Islam[/size]is it shameful to admit it or hear someone point it out

and ask why this barbaric act should not be stopped?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 12:30am On Jun 10, 2009
Nigerian example

Posted on Wednesday, April 24, 2002 11:53:02 PM by grimalkin

Nigerian Muslim prosecutors are seeking the death penalty for two men accused of converting from Islam to Christianity.

Lawali Yakubu and Ali Jafaru have been given three days to re-convert by an Islamic court judge in Mada.
They are accused of joining the Great Commission Movement, an international evangelical church with a strong following in Nigeria.

Sharia court judge Auwal Jabaka said the Koran calls for the execution of Muslims who accept another religion.
But he said it is unclear whether the state's two-year-old Shariah penal code also permits such a punishment.

Jabaka adjourned the court for three days to allow the accused to "change their minds" and convert back to Islam.

In the meantime, he called on the Zamfara government to clarify its position on the matter.

"If the law empowers me to (execute the two for converting from Islam to Christianity), I will have no hesitation in doing that," the judge said.

Yakubu and Jafaru were not represented by lawyers but were instead accompanied by fellow church members.

The two argued they had never been Muslims, but were instead members of the Magazawa, a Hausa subgroup that has long practised Christianity. The overwhelming majority of Hausas - one of Nigeria's largest tribes - are Muslim.

what are they afraid of?
what type of religion threatens it's adherents with death when they want to leave?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 12:34am On Jun 10, 2009
$osisi:

what are they afraid of?
what type of religion threatens it's adherents with death when they want to leave?

A religion of fear and falsehood. Not even sango worshippers do this.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 12:35am On Jun 10, 2009
more Nigerian example

November 28, 2003
Nigeria: convert attacked for refusing to renounce Christianity
"A Muslim convert to Christianity narrowly escaped death when he was attacked by a Muslim fanatic on September 15 in the city of Jos, central Nigeria."
The "fanatic" no doubt believed in this statement of the Muslim Prophet Muhammad: "Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him" (Sahih Bukhari, volume 9, book 84, no. 57).
"'It was around 5 p.m. on Monday in my store,' Mr. Lucky Kadri told Compass from his hospital bed, where he is recovering from injuries. 'I decided to pack up my things because it was already getting late. As I bent down, I felt a blow on my head and I fell down. My assailant was tearing at my stomach with a sharp object. Before I knew it, I saw my intestines spilling out.' Police arrested Kadri’s assailant. 'I have not seen him before, but I have been told that he confessed that he was sent to kill me because I left Islam to become a Christian,' he told Compass. A Christian since 1984, Kadri said Muslim leaders regularly visited his shop to convince him to renounce Christianity and return to Islam. He believes his refusal to recant provoked the attack."

na by force?
fredom no dey una dictionary?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 12:36am On Jun 10, 2009
$osisi:

na by force?
fredom no dey una dictionary?

e dey. Let there be no compulsion in religion.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 12:39am On Jun 10, 2009
From Jordan.

Thursday April 24, 2008
JORDAN: EX-MUSLIM TRIED FOR CONVERTING TO CHRISTIANITY
Relatives attack convert family for deserting Islam.
ISTANBUL, April 24 (Compass Direct News) – On trial for converting from Islam to Christianity, a Jordanian man may lose legal custody of his children and have his marriage annulled if found guilty of “apostasy.”

Mohammad Abbad, 40, fled Jordan last month after Muslims violently attacked him and his 10-year-old son in their home and his father sued him on charges of apostasy, or leaving Islam.
“I can’t win this case as long as I insist that I converted from Islam to Christianity,” Abbad wrote from the safety of a nearby country.

The court will annul my marriage, I will be deprived of my kids, I will be with no ID or passport, and my properties will be confiscated,” said the father of two, referring to a previous Jordanian apostasy verdict.

In a separate November 2004 ruling, an Amman Sharia Court headed by Judge Suleiman Abdullah Abu Yahya convicted a Muslim convert to Christianity of apostasy. Stripped of all his legal rights, the convert and his family fled Jordan to escape the verdict.

One of only a few Jordanians to leave Islam for Christianity, Abbad said he became a Christian as a young man in Jordan and grew in his faith while working abroad in 1993.

“I had an encounter with the Lord Jesus who changed my life, filled my heart with love and gave me the grace of enjoying life,” the convert said.

In 1994, Abbad married a Jordanian from a Christian family, and together they had two children.

When Abbad returned to Jordan in 2000, his father began criticizing him in front of his mother and siblings, claiming that “suspicious organizations” were paying Abbad to remain Christian. Abbad’s father encouraged the rest of the family to shun the convert, who was otherwise able to quietly practice his faith free of overt harassment.

Last month a married couple who had been raised Muslim but had converted to Christianity moved into Abbad’s home for several days to escape death threats from relatives.

The wife’s brothers discovered the couple’s location and visited Abbad’s house on the evening of March 23. While the visitors were talking with their sister, three other family members broke into the room and began attacking Abbad and the convert husband.

“My 10-year-old son tried to help me when he saw me fall down, but he was hit on the face near his eye,” Abbad said.

The brothers struck Abbad several times on his head and body, wounding his chest and his right eye. They also beat his wife’s face and neck before forcibly abducting their sister.

“My chest was bleeding and I was so dizzy, my wife and kids were hysterical, especially when they saw that I could not breath,” Abbad said.

http://www.compassdirect.org/en/display.php?page=news&lang=en&length=long&idelement=5345
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 12:44am On Jun 10, 2009
From India

Convert from Islam in India Remains on Death List
Unfazed, son of devout Muslim cleric strives to teach seekers the essence of Christ

by Vidyadar Sreeprasad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALICUT, India – The Rev. K.K. Alavi, called “one of the bravest Christians in India,” is the son of a staunch Islamic cleric.

[b]Since receiving Christ at age 21, Rev. Alavi has endured at least four attempts on his life. Because of his ministry among Muslims, he receives numerous death threats by phone or by lette[/b]r. Nearly every day he is assailed in Muslim speeches, newsletters and newspapers. Islamic groups have slapped 11 court cases on him, and last August a gunman shot at his house. He has also noticed two men stalking him lately.

Short with a thickly bearded face, the 53-year-old Alavi disarms others with a serene smile and a high singing voice.

“Last month, a few reporters came to me warning that killers were out to take me down,” Alavi said. “All my life I have had threats from fundamentalists. So I wasn’t surprised to hear this from reporters who were tipped off by a source with a radical, Indian Islamic group.”

Though Muslim extremist organizations deny having any part in the attempts on his life, police officials and intelligence agencies have confirmed their role.

Machetes and Reproach
Higher-ranking police officials have asked Alavi to be cautious as extremist groups have issued warnings about attacks planned against him.

In Manjeri, a predominantly Muslim town in south India, Rev. Alavi pastors an independent Lutheran church, New Hope India Mission. He also oversees a literature program of tracts, booklets and study aides examining Islamic viewpoints on Christianity.

Many such works analyze Quranic arguments in favor of violence, contrasting them with Christianity’s peaceful approaches. Rev. Alavi, a graduate from Concordia Seminary in Nagercoil, has written more than 20 books and tracts calling upon Muslims to understand the true essence of the teachings of Jesus.

In an Islamic area where Christianity is considered blasphemy, Rev. Alavi has led at least 50 Muslims – estimates range as high as 200 – to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ. Each year thousands of inquiries pour in. Working out of his home in Calicut, he meets curious and questioning Muslims asking about Jesus.

The threats on his life began in 1981. “A mob of Sunni Muslims stormed into my property looking for me with machetes,” he said. “I ran all the way to the police station. Later I took refuge at the home of a Hindu attorney.” The lawyer’s family fed him and eventually provided an escort back to his home.

Rev. Alavi is not attacked merely for being a Christian, he said.

“I happened to be the first Muslim in a Muslim town who still converts Muslims in modern times,” he said. “They saw clearly that I’m a sort of a bridge for many to walk to Jesus. They could never stand the idea. Hence I happen to be their foremost enemy.”

The National Development Front (NDF), a major Indian Islamic group emerging in 1993 following the destruction of the Babri Masjid mosque, has launched several public campaigns against Rev. Alavi.

During prayers, Muslim clerics are known to hold up Alavi as a prime example of an enemy of Islam. Rev. Alavi has copies of a collection of audio cassettes – circulated in India and the Middle East – that revile him and his Christian mission.

In 1998, an Islamic group prompted various activists to file 11 charges against Alavi, including rape and fraud.

“All were well-planned and backed by renowned lawyers supported by Islamic groups,” he said. “They also produced a woman who claimed I raped her.”

Muslim groups announced these crimes throughout the towns of Manjeri, Calicut, Tirur, and others, he said. Posters appeared on walls saying he smuggled arms. These attacks were hard on his family, including his wife Yasmin Alavi, the daughter of Muslim converts, who is very active in extending hospitality to the hundreds of people who come to the Alavi home. The Alavis have three grown children.

“My family was shaken, but I knew the Lord would protect me,” he said.

One by one, courts dismissed all charges against Rev. Alavi. Moreover, the Kerala High Court ordered protection for him.

Death Threats
Rev. Alavi still receives many threatening letters from organizations such as Tiger Force and the Islamic Front. His church has been attacked and the cross destroyed.

Police have informed Rev. Alavi of two attempts on his life. No one was aware of the attempts until suspects revealed them while questioned on other charges. Rev. Alavi’s outpost among Muslims was once forcefully shut down; the Lutheran church sponsoring his work temporarily moved him to Bangalore to save his life.

A decade ago, a group of Islamic extremists came looking for him while another team was dispatched to murder Chekannur Maulvi, a liberal Muslim teacher who broke with convention and decried Islamic fundamentalism. Maulvi was murdered that day, but Alavi was away from home and thus spared.

“Now, sources have alerted me that I’m second on the hit list prepared by the Muslim fundamentalist NDF,” he says.

Last August, while he was still in Manjeri, someone shot at his house in Calicut at around 10 p.m. “The stone wall still carries the mark,” he said.

On another occasion, as he was speaking in church, there was a man in the church holding a gun. “But he had to flee when a Lutheran sister tried to talk to him,” he said.

Such are the ordeals of a pastor whose widely-published testimony has inspired many Indian Muslims to turn to the path of Jesus. His life story, published in a booklet titled An End of a Search, is translated into 32 languages and circulated in many cities in southern India.

In spite of the dangers, Rev. Avali said he has declined the court-approved security offered to him.

“I can claim security from police wherever I go, but I believe if I do that I’ll lose the protection of my guardian angels,” said Rev. Alavi, who has been diagnosed with a weak heart. “So I’ve declined man’s support and have turned to God’s care and protection. Who can kill me if God’s with me?”

God help that man in his ministry
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 12:47am On Jun 10, 2009
marching towards Mecca

Christian convert killed in Iraq

-

Ziwar Muhammad Ismaíil, a Christian convert from a Muslim background, has been shot and killed for his faith, according to Middle East Concern. The tragedy seems to be part of a growing hostility towards Christians in the country as the threat of military action increases.

Ziwar, who worked as a taxi driver in Zakho, in the Kurdish authority area of North Iraq, was shot by Abd al-Karim Abd al-Salam at a taxi rank early in the morning on 17 February.

Abd al-Salam approached Ziwar and challenged him to return to Islam. When Ziwar refused he opened fire with an automatic rifle. Other taxi drivers gave chase, apprehending Abd al-Salam and handing him over to the police. Abd al-Salam claims that the Islamic prophet Muhammad appeared to him in a dream and told him to kill Ziwar.
Ziwar converted to Christianity seven years ago. Unlike many converts from Islam Ziwar had been quite open about his faith and, as a result, he had been threatened by his relatives and other Muslims and twice arrested, though not charged. Ziwar leaves a widow and five children.

All the major schools of Islamic law (Shariíah) agree that Muslim men who convert from Islam should be put to death, their marriages annulled, and their children and property taken away. This tradition is upheld and taught by many Muslim religious leaders around the world. In countries like Iran, Sudan and Saudi Arabia the death sentence for leaving Islam is part of the law of the land. In other countries they may be arrested on various pretexts and often beaten, tortured or imprisoned.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 1:46am On Jun 10, 2009
Taliban militants kill five Afghan men(including former mullah "Assad Ullah"wink who had converted to Christianity
More Christians Arrested in wake of "Apostasy"
Afghan Clerics Demand Convert Be Killed
Christian Convert Doctor Killed By Jihadists
Former Muslim Preacher's Conversion Leads to Imprisonment
Christians Arrested in Egyptian Crackdown on Converts
Convert Locked into Mental Hospital
Ex-Muslims Harrassed in Egypt
Christian who married Muslim convert captured trying to flee
Egypt Arrests 22 Muslim converts to Christianity
Christian Couple Imprisoned for Conversion
Declaration of Christian Converts in Egypt
Family: We face death in Egypt
Egyptians Persecuted for Turning to Christ
Egypt's Christian converts risk abuse
Christian convert from Islam Jailed
Muslim sheikh jailed for 18 months for Converting to Christianity
Rights Group Urges US to Rescue Ex-Muslims
Rights Group Rescues Ex-Muslims
Former Muslim Imam Hajji Husman Mohamed was beaten for his conversion to Christ
Muslims Attack Apostates in Ethiopia
Convert from Islam in India Remains on Death List
Converts from Islam Kidnapped in Indian Kashmir and Tanzania
Muslim Militants kill Prominent Ex-Muslim Christian Worker
Christian convert from Islam shot dead in Kashmir
Christian convert killed in Iraq
Convert Stabbed to Death
Iran Outlaws Muslims To Convert
Muslim Authorities charge converts from Islam with Apostasy in Iran
Iran's secret police arrest long time convert
New Converts Face Deteriorating Situation
Imprisoned Iranian Pastor may Face Death Penalty
Converts from Islam: unseen and unheard. Converts from Islam to Christianity are exposed to threats, even in the West.
Kuwait: Persecuted Convert Flees to America
Intolerance against Muslim Converts to Christianity
Lack of Religious freedom & Muslims Anger on Ex-Muslim Converts to Christianity
Malay Muslim Converted To Christianity Tortured By Police
Christian convert faces death threats
Religious Laws Oppress Christian Converts
Christian converts irk the world of Islam
Cattleman severely tortured for receiving Christ
The Life of a Convert in Nigeria: Fleeing Murder Threats
Christian converts from Islam face death threats
Seher Shafi, a Muslim convert on run for safety with her baby Angela and husband Naveed Paul
Ex-Muslim Christian come under constant threat and Torture
Woman Raped for Leaving Islam
Christian Pakistani teen escapes death
Muslim Convert to Christianity Butchered
Human rights abuses of Muslims who converted to Christianity in PA
Filipino Converts from Islam Facing Death Threats
Saudi convert to Christianity imprisoned
Convert from Islam to Christianity killed
Ex-Imam was imprisoned for his conversion to Christianity
Convert Christian beaten unconscious
Two converts to Christianity charged in Turkey
Muslim apostates cast out and at risk from faith and family
Some 3,000 Christians in the UK are in danger because they have chosen to convert from Islam
Muslims Turned Christian Pay the Price
Yemen Court Sentences Somali Convert To Death
Turkey,Muslim converts to Christianity face upto 3 year jail
Egypt, Persecution on Converts to Christianity

Detail : http://www.wikiislam.com/wiki/Persecution_of_Ex-Muslims
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by sosisi(f): 1:49am On Jun 10, 2009
Religion of peace?
what peace?
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 3:54am On Jun 10, 2009
Incidentally, you $Osisi went to Secondary School in the North. Thats according to you. In all your 5 years in High School, etc, no one forced you. No Muslim even gave you the face. But in the maintime, you found ways to kick the water kettle and march on the prayer mat of Senior Yemisi/Kemi. You never told us that she punished you because of either of those things. Yet, up to ths minute you are still bitter that she was dutiful to her Creator even then!

Do you blind yourself to the atrocities of the Christians while your sight is better than 20/20 when it comes to Islam? Again, if Islam is meant to kill nonMuslims, could there ever remain a Christian, a Jew or any other among the muslims, during the glory days of Islam, in the larger Middle East, or in Spain, which was ruled for almost 800 years?

By the way, you need to see the youtube videos of Christian missionary atrocities. All you have to do is Utube it!

Religion is not by force! Thats why i no dey force you. I think you wear hijab and nikab secretly. You are too obsessed with Islam. Maybe you should just it on an go out. The most difficult is the first time. From there onward it is easy street. It reminds me: Who is afraid of Virginia Wolfgang? I wonder what the christian dominated East do to their Muslim minority? Thank Allah my sweetie is no where near there.
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by mukina2: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2009
olabowale:

You are too obsessed with Islam.
This sums it all up. cheesy
Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 10, 2009
mukina2:

This sums it all up. cheesy

too true

see as 90% of her articles are three years or older cheesy

poor osisi, forced to recycle old news articles in order to feed her my religion betta pass your own agenda cheesy cheesy

Christians are so hypocritical. the old testament is far more frightening than anything in the Quran. when you tell them this, they claim say the old testamant has been abrogated/or is for the jews , something they conveniently forget when it suits them.

anyway, no atrocities committed in the name of Islam can match those committed in the name of the christain god when the world was in Christianity's thrall - those frightening days known as the dark ages.

if only osisi and co had been born into those times cheesy cheesy

But in the maintime, you found ways to kick the water kettle and march on the prayer mat of Senior Yemisi/Kemi. You never told us that she punished you because of either of those things. Yet, up to ths minute you are still bitter that she was dutiful to her Creator even then!

she's still at it, 20+ years later .

excerpts from al baquarah warning of the likes of osisi cheesy cheesy

Many of the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians) wish that if they could turn you away as disbelievers after you have believed, out of envy from their ownselves, even, after the truth (that Muhammad Peace be upon him is Allâh's Messenger) has become manifest unto them. But forgive and overlook, till Allâh brings His Command. Verily, Allâh is Able to do all things.

And they say, "None shall enter Paradise unless he be a Jew or a Christian." These are their own desires. Say (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ), "Produce your proof if you are truthful."

Yes, but whoever submits his face (himself) to Allâh (i.e. follows Allâh's Religion of Islâmic Monotheism) and he is a Muhsin (good-doer i.e. performs good deeds totally for Allâh's sake only without any show off or to gain praise or fame, etc., and in accordance with the Sunnah of Allâh's Messenger Muhammad Peace be upon him ) then his reward is with his Lord (Allâh), on such shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. [See Tafsir Ibn Kathîr, Vol.1, Page 154].

The Jews said that the Christians follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); and the Christians said that the Jews follow nothing (i.e. are not on the right religion); though they both recite the Scripture. Like unto their word, said (the pagans) who know not. Allâh will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection about that wherein they have been differing.

Never will the Jews nor the Christians be pleased with you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) till you follow their religion. Say: "Verily, the Guidance of Allâh (i.e. Islâmic Monotheism) that is the (only) Guidance. And if you (O Muhammad Peace be upon him ) were to follow their (Jews and Christians) desires after what you have received of Knowledge (i.e. the Qur'ân), then you would have against Allâh neither any Walî (protector or guardian) nor any helper.

Re: The Only Religion on earth That Kills as a duty by olabowale(m): 3:11pm On Jun 10, 2009
Mullah is excatly Mallah (of Northern Nigeria). The variation is based on accent/particular tongue. In reality the word is maala or something like that, from the Quran. You can read Surah Hud, Ambiyya, Qasas, and others to find out.

Maala for our purpose, simply means "elders, or leaders". It does not mean such a leader or elder is the most knowledgeable. It simply means that he, always male has some age or other societal advantage over the person who addresses him so. Sheikh with the arab is almost like that. Its not necessarilty based on knowledge.

The reason am saying this is that I can not see a person whose heart is in agreement with the truth of what his soul had already acknowledged, after Allah had created Adam will say that he has another illah than Allah! Mark you this acknowledgement by the soul was before Hawa, the mate of Adam was created. It is long time before any other humans was then processed by Kun (Be) to come to earth!

It is the fact that my soul is alive before Hawa and indeed long time before the children of Adam (AS) and his wife Hawa, their children, and all the generations after them, then Idris (AS) and then Noah, then Ibrahim, then Jesus that I say without "half stepping/no reservation" that before Jesus long time I was!

A man who abandoned Allah for Jesus as $Osisi have stated is a man who have in a similitude abandoned Allah for Ogun, Sango, Oya, etc. You take your pick. They will all go to hell fire. It is something already been decreed. And Allah's way (Sunnah) is never changing. Allah, unlike Jehovah or Yahweh will not say to a group to follow a path (like when it is said to the Children of Israel in times of old, before Jesus that He is One single Lord God) and then to the same group at a later time to follow a completely different path (Like when it is said to the same Children of Israel in the time after or during (it is after, if you read the New Testament, since fallacies are mixed with any truth) Jesus prophetic era that He is now 3 persons, each independent of the others Lord God)!

This will mean that in the day of Judgement, the dead Children of Israel before the era of Jesus will be expecting One God Lord to be their Judge. The Children of Israel under Jesus prophetic era, and indeed those (Christians around the world) whom Jesus did not see fit to preach to, and called their kinds "dogs" in relationship to the free "Jews" who he preached to, will be expecting 3 different persons God! I wonder if these Gods will fuse together or in separate bodies? Will tis not be a classic, a confusion of the highest order?

Such a confusing God is no REAL GOD! This is why it is surprising, assuming that $Osisi's presentation has any merit (I think not) that a man who has the highest form of salvation, forgiveness, mercy, grace from a Real God will fall for a fake! What will make a man walk away from good and wholesome Reality? The same reason a person with good and noble spouse will opt for indiscretions like adultery! And worse they commit their adultery with  prostitutes or somebody in their gender! You wonder aloud; why?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

Jesus Performed Sujud(ﺳُﺠﻮﺩ) While Praying, Christians Should Do The Same. / The Last Day!!!! / Why Are Muslims Not Afraid Of Death?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 184
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.