Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee (15117 Views)

Why Nigerians Living In London Are Returning Home / Lies Of Nigerians Living In America / Experiences Of Nigerians Living In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by ATERI(m): 2:05am On Dec 20, 2015
I guess the people saying 3 million Nigerians live illegally in the UK have never visited the UK before. Senate Committee my foot
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by MduZA: 2:09am On Dec 20, 2015
She said further: ”About three million Nigerians are illegally living in the United Kingdom and that if three million Nigerians are living there illegally and they are only removing just 48 people confirmed to have committed crime and jailed, then the situation is not too bad.”

Lalasticlala‎[/quote]

Lol...apparently the Senate is content about having its 3million citizens living illegally in a foreign country as long as they don't commit crimes...yeses Am so embarrassed
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by RaptorX: 6:37am On Dec 20, 2015
MduZA:

She said further: ”About three million Nigerians are illegally living in the United Kingdom and that if three million Nigerians are living there illegally and they are only removing just 48 people confirmed to have committed crime and jailed, then the situation is not too bad.”

Lalasticlala‎

Lol...apparently the Senate is content about having its 3million citizens living illegally in a foreign country as long as they don't commit crimes...yeses Am so embarrassed

Of course they are content, less mouth for them to feed and employ. Let the Brits take care of them, just like the Mexican government like to encourage illegal immigration into the US to relieve themselves of the pressure of taking care of their poor citizens.
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by Lucasbalo(m): 6:41am On Dec 20, 2015
ipledge10:
Poor report. .the total population of uk is 63,843,856,and 3million Nigerians are living there illegally,that means about 5% population of uk are Nigerians living there ILLEGALLY undecided

USA thats have population of about 5times Uk population and less strict immigration Policy have like 11million illegal immigrants.Uk alone is now having 3million Nigerians illegal immigrants. ..

house committee don dey smoke marijuana
Gbam. You nailed it. I doubt if the total population of Nigerians both legal and illegal is up to 3 millions in UK.
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by matrixme(m): 7:21am On Dec 20, 2015
ZUBY77:
It is because, you hooligans don't know your jobs.

Why wont we migrate when you earn over 400 million Naira annually while the annual minimum wage in your country totaled at N18000x12 = N216,000. Yet still, the University students pay more than that. Yet you dont pay the minimum wage or hold those responsible for it. - Thats your job.

We prefer to live illegally at a place where there is constant electricity than to live freely where there is generator fumes that are poisonous to our single lifetime. - It is your duty to provide light for us.

We prefer to live illegally at a place where there is always water running in the taps than where we buy dirty waters packed inside a nylon bag. - It is your duty to give us water.

We prefer to live illegally where the annual total deaths due to good roads are 500 than to live where deaths due to bad road is 500 in one day. - It is yet your duty to provide good roads.

We also prefer to live at a place where foods are checked and certified before being sold as against where everybody sells everything to unsuspecting public. - We voted you in to secure our lives.

Dear senators, you are actually the reason for our illegal status over here. We are simply economic and political migrants.
You were given the powers to impeach any President that is not performing.
No president has done anything in Nigeria, yet none has ever been impeached.

Finally, we prefer to live illegal over there because, you also fly there to treat yourself in good hospitals with our money.

The moment you do your jobs, we will come back. You chased us away.
Gentleman, I think you are getting your conclusions wrong. Things are not that bad in Nigeria like you presume. At least we are better off than the Syrians as well as many other African countries.
Alot of people are better off in this country and despite the 'badness', are living happily and in freedom. I wonder why you think that 1 day living indoors like a vampire or constantly wary of security agents can beat a day of hustling in Lagos.
If all you hear and believe about Nigeria are the negatives and you are an illegal migrant, I implore you to change your thoughts and reconsider. You will not share these same thoughts when you are 60 and still where you are, believe me.
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by sam90s(m): 7:42am On Dec 20, 2015
But death by road in the UK can't be anywhere near that figure, I know for sure bicycle deaths so far this year is less than 20 and the government seems under pressure, especially the city of London.

ZUBY77:

Why wont we migrate when you earn over 400 million Naira annually while the annual minimum wage in your country totaled at N18000x12 = N216,000. Yet still, the University students pay more than that. Yet you dont pay the minimum wage or hold those responsible for it. - Thats your job.

We prefer to live illegally at a place where there is constant electricity than to live freely where there is generator fumes that are poisonous to our single lifetime. - It is your duty to provide light for us.

We prefer to live illegally at a place where there is always water running in the taps than where we buy dirty waters packed inside a nylon bag. - It is your duty to give us water.

We prefer to live illegally where the annual total deaths due to good roads are 500 than to live where deaths due to bad road is 500 in one day. - It is yet your duty to provide good roads.

We also prefer to live at a place where foods are checked and certified before being sold as against where everybody sells everything to unsuspecting public. - We voted you in to secure our lives.

Dear senators, you are actually the reason for our illegal status over here. We are simply economic and political migrants.

Finally, we prefer to live illegal over there because, you also fly there to treat yourself in good hospitals with our money.

Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by ZUBY77(m): 7:47am On Dec 20, 2015
sam90s:
But death by road in the UK can't be anywhere near that figure, I know for sure bicycle deaths so far this year is less than 20 and the government seems under pressure, especially the city of London.

You are very right.
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by niyidenrele: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2015
ipledge10:
Poor report. .the total population of uk is 63,843,856,and 3million Nigerians are living there illegally,that means about 5% population of uk are Nigerians living there ILLEGALLY undecided

USA thats have population of about 5times Uk population and less strict immigration Policy have like 11million illegal immigrants.Uk alone is now having 3million Nigerians illegal immigrants. ..

even inxo called US,5million Nigeria are living illegally
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by ZUBY77(m): 7:54am On Dec 20, 2015
matrixme:

Gentleman, I think you are getting your conclusions wrong. Things are not that bad in Nigeria like you presume. At least we are better off than the Syrians as well as many other African countries.
Alot of people are better off in this country and despite the 'badness', are living happily and in freedom. I wonder why you think that 1 day living indoors like a vampire or constantly wary of security agents can beat a day of hustling in Lagos.
If all you hear and believe about Nigeria are the negatives and you are an illegal migrant, I implore you to change your thoughts and reconsider. You will not share these same thoughts when you are 60 and still where you are, believe me.

Why are you comparing bad with another bad?
Did you read that 3 Million Nigerians live illegally in Syria?

3 Billion dollars of our collective Money is dumped illegally in the UK by the political thieves as well.

Don't paint Nigeria with flying colors, I live in Nigeria too. I am just a traveler who likes visiting every country I can get hold of their Visa. In other words, I am a career traveler and what I said up there are true.

We don't value life in Nigeria at all. With all the money we generated in the past 30 years, we should be compared with South Africa Atleast.
And mind you, you are nowhere near Syria, even with the war. You are nowhere near any country in North Africa and Middle East.
You can only be compared with you neighbours in West Africa. Trust me.

1 Like

Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by matrixme(m): 8:18am On Dec 20, 2015
ZUBY77:

Why are you comparing bad with another bad?
Did you read that 3 Million Nigerians live illegally in Syria?

3 Billion dollars of our collective Money is dumped illegally in the UK by the political thieves as well.

Don't paint Nigeria with flying colors, I live in Nigeria too. I am just a traveler who likes visiting every country I can get hold of their Visa. In other words, I am a career traveler and what I said up there are true.

We don't value life in Nigeria at all. With all the money we generated in the past 30 years, we should be compared with South Africa Atleast.
And mind you, you are nowhere near Syria, even with the war. You are nowhere near any country in North Africa and Middle East.
You can only be compared with you neighbours in West Africa. Trust me.

I don't know how you could say we are better off than a country where the citizens would rather jump on an overcrowded boat on a journey with minimal chances of success to escape from.
I can understand your frustrations with the country, but all I am trying to point attention to is the fact that rest of mind , a sense of belonging and the freedom of doing business in Nigeria can never beat a life of illegal economic migrant in any country.
I like to believe in a place called home, no matter how messed up it is.
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by ZUBY77(m): 8:40am On Dec 20, 2015
matrixme:

I don't know how you could say we are better off than a country where the citizens would rather jump on an overcrowded boat on a journey with minimal chances of success to escape from.
I can understand your frustrations with the country, but all I am trying to point attention to is the fact that rest of mind , a sense of belonging and the freedom of doing business in Nigeria can never beat a life of illegal economic migrant in any country.
I like to believe in a place called home, no matter how messed up it is.

I totally understand you bro.
Those 3 Million illegal immigrants believe in home too, especially the Igbos, they build houses and businesses at home with whatever they make out there.
The point is that home is simply not working, no matter how hard they tried.

Life is not static, it's dynamic. You may have had the opportunity to establish a business in Nigeria, many don't have that.
Many don't have the opportunity to go to basic school here, which should have been free in the first place.
It's not like we don't like our home country, we all do, trust me. The point is that the rulers destroyed people's hopes.
If you happen to be brilliant enough with science, you are most likely to waste out there in Nigeria, because the ruling class has no interest in developing Nigeria, they all don't believe in Nigeria in the first place. So if you have the opportunity to live and train your children in schools in UK and US, they will compensate for your loss. Igbos believe in that we'll enough.

Forget about the patriotism crap, we all don't believe that much in Nigeria, yes, I mean you and I.

I read here on naira where Igbos Abuse Yoruba, Yoruba abuse Igbos, They both Abuse Hausa, calling them parasites etc.
If we believe in one Nigeria, Niger Delta wouldn't mind using their oil to help out Sokoto or Borno State. If not that the federal government is doing the allocation by force and law, they wouldn't have agreed to do that willingly. Kano wouldn't have also agreed to feed the nation with their groundnut if that happened to be the base of Nigeria's economy. If the world decided to switch to Cocoa in place of oil, a half of the Yoruba Nation would start to agitate for independence.

You see there is no love among us.
We really need to sit down in Nigeria and discuss the best thing for us. We must not copy American Democracy, we are not matured enough mentally to manage that kind of government system.

If the ruling looters love Nigeria like they claim, they would have turned this country to South Africa Atleast.

Unfortunately, we have a president who openly called parts of his Nation 5% when he should focus on building bridges.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by 4nobody4every1: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2015
ZUBY77:

Those 3 Million illegal immigrants believe in home too, especially the Igbos, they build houses and businesses at home with whatever they make out there.

Life is not static, it's dynamic. You may have had the opportunity to establish a business in Nigeria, many don't have that.
Many don't have the opportunity to go to basic school here, which should have been free in the first place.
It's not like we don't like our home country, we all do, trust me. The point is that the rulers destroyed people's hopes.
If you happen to be brilliant enough with science, you are most likely to waste out there in Nigeria, because the ruling class has no interest in developing Nigeria, they all don't believe in Nigeria in the first place. So if you have the opportunity to live and train your children in schools in UK and US, they will compensate for your loss. Igbos believe in that we'll enough.

Forget about the patriotism crap, we all don't believe that much in Nigeria, yes, I mean you and I.

I read here on naira where Igbos Abuse Yoruba, Yoruba abuse Igbos, They both Abuse Hausa, calling them parasites etc.
If we believe in one Nigeria, Niger Delta wouldn't mind using their oil to help out Sokoto or Borno State. If not that the federal government is doing the allocation by force and law, they wouldn't have agreed to do that willingly. Kano wouldn't have also agreed to feed the nation with their groundnut if that happened to be the base of Nigeria's economy. If the world decided to switch to Cocoa in place of oil, a half of the Yoruba Nation would start to agitate for independence.

We really need to sit down in Nigeria and discuss the best thing for us. We must not copy American Democracy, we are not matured enough mentally to manage that kind of government system.

If the ruling looters love Nigeria like they claim, they would have turned this country to South Africa Atleast.
Brilliant submission cool
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by ATERI(m): 12:59pm On Dec 20, 2015
ZUBY77:

Proud of you!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by GetRekt: 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2015
ZUBY77:

let's not forget the violence , abuse and hate crimes against not just women, children and LGBTQIA people, that goes unchecked, or even worse, is brushed off as 'normal' or 'discipline' or 'deserved'. At least in the UK you can even TALK about it, and maybe even call the police knowing that SOMEONE in law enforcement will give a sh*t.

So to add to the never-ending list of f-ups that our govt should be taking care of: violence, robbery, lynchings, abuse and hate crimes.

All hail Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by Dherryn(f): 6:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
Pls jst help us beg d UK govt to continue to tolerate dem n not deport dem cuz if 3million problems is added to d one on ground already, damn i fink Nigeria will become HELL on earth. No need for rapture again.
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by GetRekt: 6:08pm On Dec 20, 2015
matrixme:

speak for yourself and the other 1% of Nigerians.

also, Syria has nothing to do with Nigeria. I hate that 'THEY have it worse so STOP WHINING' like OK so if someone has it BETTER then I should START whining? Why can't I just address my own problems while acknowledging that yeah, other people have problems too?
Re: 3m Nigerians Living Illegally In UK – Senate Committee by Billygee2u: 4:14am On Dec 21, 2015
ipledge10:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Banned From Work In The UK After Visiting Nigeria / Insecurity: Abuja-Kaduna railway passengers rise by 270% / FAAN Begins Investigation On How Intruder Climbed Aircraft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.