Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,903 members, 7,806,639 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:35 PM

Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' (14301 Views)

Air France Leaves Lagos-bound Passengers Stranded In Paris / Photos Of The Explosive Found In The Toilet Of An Air France Flight / Air France Flight Forced To Land In Kenya After Bomb Was Found In Toilet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by madridguy(m): 4:19pm On Dec 20, 2015
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) -- The latest developments on an Air France flight from Mauritius to Paris that was diverted to Kenya after a suspected bomb was found on it.

5:50 p.m.

The CEO of Air France says a device discovered in the bathroom of an Air France flight was a fake bomb.

The Boeing 777 was heading to Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris from Mauritius when its pilots requested an emergency landing at early Sunday in the Kenyan city of Mombasa.

Frederic Gagey, the head of the airline, said the device was made of cardboard, paper and a household timer. In a news conference in Paris, Gagey congratulated the crew for their cool-headed reaction to divert the plane.

He says "this object did not contain explosives."

Gagey says a safety check was carried out in the bathroom before the flight. He says passengers are checked, and sometimes double-checked on flights, and denied any security failure in the flight Sunday.

http://news.yahoo.com/latest-suspected-bomb-found-diverted-air-france-jet-072332099.html?.b=index&.cf3=Jumbotron&.cf4=3&.cf5=Associated+Press&.cf6=%2F

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Jeromejnr(m): 4:32pm On Dec 20, 2015
Mods! Block the guy above me so that I can be the first to comment. angry

Thank you!

BTW, who had the guts to plant a fake bomb on a plane? I guess the person was just testing how vulnerable their security is.

In my world that type of person is known as an ethical hacker.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Ogaa o shocked. Anyway thank GOD still.
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Kelklein(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
I knew it!

someone was playing some expensive prank

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by damton(m): 4:33pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thank goodness

Now we can heave a sigh of relief.

The last thing we want to hear is another terrorist attack on a plane.

2 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by chesterlee(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
I don't normally do this....but its obviously

An End Time Bomb!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Kreamie(m): 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thought as much...Someone musta done that as a prank..A very silly prank.. angry angry angry angry angry France should be on it's toes regardless
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by sukkot: 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
ok na
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Godset1: 4:34pm On Dec 20, 2015
That dudu ahead of me is space Booker. for d first time I wanted to be on FTC, he block me.
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by preciousMI1(f): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
be it as it may, disembarking on that journey was a wise thing

4 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by dorox10: 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
This man must be a clown to think the whole world is stupid to believe him >:

2 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by kingstylo01(m): 4:35pm On Dec 20, 2015
thank God
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by dammytosh: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
No problem.

Manage passengers so we believe Air France is safe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Omotayor123(f): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
It could have been Real!!!

They should be extra careful and at Alert.

4 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by ednut1(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Nice to hear, to be blown out of the skies surely must be a terrible way to die

6 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Btruth: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Thank God that it was a false alarm. It won't be funny oooo nii ipari odun? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by ttemmi(m): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
DAMAGE CONTROL

5 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by AmakaDNBStories(f): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Hmm
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Disneylady(f): 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Where is lasisi69? Come see endtime bomb ooooooo

2 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by tammie24: 4:36pm On Dec 20, 2015
Kontinu your journey then
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by ritababe(f): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
That means the real one is somewhere else.

1 Like

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by NwaNimo1(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
I knew it . .
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by beegs(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
How did it get there?

4 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Lies. They only trying to calm the tension

6 Likes

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by ELGREF(m): 4:37pm On Dec 20, 2015
Air France wanna protect their business..... That why not proper checking before boarding?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by igbsam(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
Jeromejnr:
Mods! Block the guy above me so that I can be the first to comment. angry

Thank you!

BTW, who had the guts to plant a fake bomb on a plane?

Na Jazz you use ? And they truely blocked the guy!

I duff ma hat for you

grin
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Viktor1983(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2015
ednut1:
Nice to hear, to be blown out of the skies surely must be a terrible way to die

I tell you
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by muller101(m): 4:40pm On Dec 20, 2015
Of cos I said so
Re: Air France CEO: Device Was A 'false Alarm' by Jeromejnr(m): 4:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
igbsam:

Na Jazz you use ? And they truely blocked the guy!

I duff ma hat for you

grin

As a boss na! No time for nonsense.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos-ibadan Road To Get Toll Gates / Man Whose Uber Driver Was Accused Of Absconding With Rider’s Laptop, Speaks / Work On Lagos-ibadan Rail Begins April 14 – NRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.