Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,396 members, 7,808,420 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone (38343 Views)

Please What's This Card Meant For? Saw It On My Way To Office / How To Identify An Original Power Bank / I Bought This FIL Power Bank That Look Like A Phone Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by omoadeleye(m): 10:58am On Dec 21, 2015
Na so bomb dey look like o
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by kvngtxnde(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2015
Darkseid:
Anyone who thinks this is cool must have been living in a very thick village. I built way more useful stuff in my primary school days.

You must be a champion and a genius to have built something more awe-inspiring and useful than an improvised rechargable flash light built at a time when electricity is epileptic, a generator isnt affordable by everyone and candle isnt in vogue ...in your primary school days.

Sir, I have just one question for you; what did you build?
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by ceaser: 11:21am On Dec 21, 2015
That power bank contains a LI-Ion battery which makes it a highly volatile and explosive pack. It's the same unstable component that makes up the cell phone batteries, reasons why explosions usually occurs endangering the users that misuse such products. Note that these categories of batteries are usually safe when used correctly. I am always very careful when experimenting with battery packs containing Li-ion and it is always advisable to have a container of sand hand when working with Li-ion batteries (Do not try to extinguish fires from Li-ion using water as more reactions occur that increase the conflagration).

The same Li-ion batteries are contained in Laptop batteries and is different from the Lithium Polymer in that torchlight which is a safer but less efficient battery.
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by kvngtxnde(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2015
ceaser:
That power bank contains a LI-Ion battery which makes it a highly volatile and explosive pack. It's the same unstable component that makes up the cell phone batteries, reasons why explosions usually occurs endangering the users that misuse such products. Note that these categories of batteries are usually safe when used correctly. I am always very careful when experimenting with battery packs containing Li-ion and it is always advisable to have a container of sand hand when working with Li-ion batteries (Do not try to extinguish fires from Li-ion using water as more reactions occur that increase the conflagration).

The same Li-ion batteries are contained in Laptop batteries and is different from the Lithium Polymer in that torchlight which is a safer but less efficient battery.

Thanks for the note of caution and the dangers of incorrectly using such batteries.

But dont you think the effort put in vivifying this fairly perfect idea if not perfect, should be applauded?
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by danidee10(m): 11:44am On Dec 21, 2015
Strawman:
I once plugged a USB flash drive to a power bank...

Flash drive spoiled

hahahahahahahaha.........you no get sense i swear grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by kvngtxnde(m): 11:53am On Dec 21, 2015
danidee10:

hahahahahahahaha.........you no get sense i swear grin grin grin cheesy

Honestly im still laughing
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by johnydon22(m): 12:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
ayopo10:

Do you know how to make that?
Yeah .. its quite basic
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:09pm On Dec 21, 2015
noblegrex:
its a power bank yea!it stores power cool!nice talk.but do you know its produced/manufactured solely to charge phones.it capacity is that of phones not any other thing.

noble abeg stop embarrassing yourself jare, it sole aim, lol guy google is your friend, use it and understand all the various things a power bank can do, didn't your smart mind tell you that if it was solely for phones, it would have been called phone power banks, they use MAH ranging from 1000 to 50,000 Mah and more, your average smart phones uses about 2,500 Mah to 5,000 mah, they are poer banks for laptops and more
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by 3rdlegxxx(m): 12:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
irondome:

Do your research. There are powerbank designed for other devices as well. The dude you quoted is absolutely correct.

thanks bro for having my back here, the average Nigerian is so far from intelligent, he or she takes whatever he sees online, on the news or in the media and swallows, never asking questions, never doing any form of basic research, no wonder most comments on Nairaland just humour, thinking low is so low here in naija, a lot of people are knowledgeable but far from intelligent.
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Strawman: 1:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Olamilekan08:
Yeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Oriya mi o!!! I did that with my flash no quite long and I haven't used it since then. Don't tell me my flash (my only primary storage) is gone... Yeeeeeee!!!!
Hahahaha! cheesy
Yh bro, that WAS your only primary storage
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 21, 2015
Nice bedspread, I want!!!
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by kvngtxnde(m): 1:37pm On Dec 21, 2015
LaDivva:
Nice bedspread, I want!!!

Thats how it starts wink
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2015
kvngtxnde:

Thats how it starts wink
Yeah, that's how Xmas giveaway starts wink
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Olamilekan08(m): 1:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
Strawman:

Hahahaha! cheesy

Yh bro, that WAS your only primary storage
I wish it's still IS.
I have alot of things on it than for it to be gone in that manner.
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by kvngtxnde(m): 1:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
LaDivva:

Yeah, that's how Xmas giveaway starts wink

Xmas give-away is what you call it now? cheesy
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 21, 2015
kvngtxnde:

Xmas give-away is what you call it now? cheesy
That's what I call the cute bedspread cheesy
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by cutekhalifa(m): 1:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
If u called dis creativity what will u called mine... Using homemade power bank/avatar to power my TV/DVD player and also charge my phone grincheesygrin
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by kvngtxnde(m): 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2015
LaDivva:

That's what I call the cute bedspread cheesy

Dont worry i'll buy you the bed spread. You can come pick it up at my place cheesy
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Nobody: 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2015
kvngtxnde:

Dont worry i'll buy you the bed spread. You can come pick it up at my place cheesy
No p, just let me know when you do wink
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by stevecantrell: 1:57pm On Dec 21, 2015
3rdlegxxx:
Nigerians lets stop embarrasing ourselves, its called a 'power bank' not a phone, torch power bank, whatever has a usb port can be charged via the power bank, the power bank as its name implies stores power, they are also power bank for laptops and for stronger devices, it never said phones alone.

I thought I was the only one...Nigerians n mediocrity mentality...tsk tsk !
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by noblegrex: 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2015
3rdlegxxx:

noble abeg stop embarrassing yourself jare, it sole aim, lol guy google is your friend, use it and understand all the various things a power bank can do, didn't your smart mind tell you that if it was solely for phones, it would have been called phone power banks, they use MAH ranging from 1000 to 50,000 Mah and more, your average smart phones uses about 2,500 Mah to 5,000 mah, they are poer banks for laptops and more
e b like say u don make sense small.you pass.but you don't just condem people like that,you have to look at the context at which the power bank is used or mentioned before you can pass your judgement.
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by talk2archy: 3:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
risky indeed cos capacity of d power bank is higher than that of d tourch battery.
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by teehef: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2015
A Silver Corolla 2004 model with plate number KUJ 181 HN (abuja) was stolen on Sunday at Ilupeju. Please call 08098980717 if you have any information that can help find it
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
there is nothing risky about this
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by MCFRESH(m): 4:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
jazinogold:
I fit use m charge fridge? cheesy
END TIME FRIDGE
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by ayopo10(m): 7:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
johnydon22:
Yeah .. its quite basic
Send me a mail of your phone number
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Waspy(m): 8:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
Op.....mmSo you had to spread your cleanest and finest bedspread just because of this pics
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 22, 2015
innovators of different ways to use a device ok

i prefer innovators of the device itself.....

we need to start using our brains to invent devices,,, not how best to use devices!!!
Re: Who Says Power Bank Is Meant For Phones Alone by Borwe: 2:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
tumababa:
innovators of different ways to use a device ok

i prefer innovators of the device itself.....

we need to start using our brains to invent devices,,, not how best to use devices!!!

Steve Wozniak style??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Have 50k, What Phone Can I Buy With It? (good Battery, Ram And 4G) / My Friend Mistakenly Verified A Code Sent By An Unknown Source On WhatsApp / 5 Common Phone Charging Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.