Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,707 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. (32491 Views)

Black Is Beautiful (work-in-progress) / A mesmerizing work of art by a Nairalander! / Again, Who Said Street Art Is Vandalism?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:14am On Dec 21, 2015
My girlfriend is a sculptor.
We've been together for a long time and she's one of the best humans I know.
This is her school project and she used me as a model without me even knowing initially.
Please I don't know Art very much so pardon any mistakes I make.

Sculpture type: Relief
Sculpture style: Realism
Theme: Divorce
Material used: Fibreglass resin

Please what do you think? I intend to show her the thread.

The positive mould with clay and some cement below.

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2015
The negative mould with plaster of Paris.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:18am On Dec 21, 2015
Fibreglass resin inside the negative mould.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2015
The finished work mounted on the wall.

Prof800, erad, Lalasticlala and Seun please help me do this for her.

Let me add an off-work picture before she roasts me.

55 Likes 8 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Tos87(m): 10:24am On Dec 21, 2015
is cool and amazing... let her give it some light effect.

25 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 11:40am On Dec 21, 2015
Tos87:
is cool and amazing... let her give it some light effect.
Thanks. Please explain the lighting effect. Isn't that for cgi?
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Tos87(m): 8:22am On Dec 22, 2015
Chartey:

Thanks. Please explain the lighting effect. Isn't that for cgi?
get gold dust miss with resin then apply on it to lighten it if it is not done yet.

6 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by hatux: 9:16am On Dec 22, 2015
Wow shocked... Good work, kudos to her. But please Op, how much can one earn as a sculptor when given a work to do?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 10:17am On Dec 22, 2015
Tos87:
get gold dust miss with resin then apply on it to lighten it if it is not done yet.

This is finished already. I will tell her so she can experiment with subsequent works. Thanks very much.

3 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 10:54am On Dec 22, 2015
hatux:
Wow shocked... Good work, kudos to her. But please Op, how much can one earn as a sculptor when given a work to do?

I know very little about the business side of sculpture. I think it will depend on your clientele and the name you've made.

1 Like

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by mazizitonene(m): 3:31pm On Dec 22, 2015
wow is d word
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by just2okworld(f): 3:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lovely!!!
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by illuminatic: 4:59pm On Dec 22, 2015
I love girls that are creative like this unlike some babes that depends on men only for income. If you are giving out money to this kind of babe you know it's an investment and not a waste. As far she is creative like this even if she does not make it in this sculpture work she will definitely make it through other means. May her effort never be in vain.

211 Likes 15 Shares

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2015
Nice!!! but wait o! You've been with her a long time, she decides to do a project using your face and titles it 'Divorce' shocked shocked shocked
Aren't you worried?

95 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Moz22: 6:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Kinda girlfriend and a wife that I need in my life...I don't want a career woman

5 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by macklef(m): 7:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Niggar, theme divorce
With both of u facing oposite directions.
Are u sure she has not sculptured you guys fate cheesy

Nice btw

15 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
mazizitonene:
wow is d word
Thanks very much. I'm happy you're wowed.

2 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
just2okworld:
Lovely!!!
Thanks for the lovely comment.
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:30pm On Dec 22, 2015
illuminatic:
I love girls that are creative like this unlike some babes that depends on men only for income. If you are giving out money to this kind of babe you know it's an investment and not a waste. As far she is creative like this even if she does not make it in this sculpture work she will definitely make it through other means. May her effort never be in vain.

Thanks for this and amen.

8 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:35pm On Dec 22, 2015
bestestgirl:
Nice!!! but wait o! You've been with her a long time, she decides to do a project using your face and titles it 'Divorce' shocked shocked shocked
Aren't you worried?

Funny right? We thought so too. She wouldn't have gone through all the trouble only to tell me it was over. Her messages are not that covert when she's unhappy.

21 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2015
Moz22:
Kinda girlfriend and a wife that I need in my life...I don't want a career woman

Career women can be great too. Occupation pales against personality I think.

16 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
macklef:
Niggar, theme divorce With both of u facing oposite directions. Are u sure she has not sculptured you guys fate cheesy
Nice btw
Guy, how dollar dey do you na?
The beauty is in the irony bro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Lorenzena(f): 8:57pm On Dec 22, 2015
wow.I love this.
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by macklef(m): 9:21pm On Dec 22, 2015
Chartey:

Guy, how dollar dey do you na?

The beauty is in the irony bro.
I appreciate d beauty den.
Bros, dollar don allow evrybody turn to spectator o.
The fluctuations is not fearing God at all.
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 10:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
macklef:
I appreciate d beauty den. Bros, dollar don allow evrybody turn to spectator o. The fluctuations is not fearing God at all.
E go beta.
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by moshoodn(m): 11:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Just exactly what I love, though second place to paintings. . . .

I spend thousands on abstract oil on canvas paintings, having a sculpture too ain't gonna be bad.

Ask your lady how much she charges.

Regards.

1 Like

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 11:16am On Dec 26, 2015
moshoodn:
Just exactly what I love, though second place to paintings. . . .

I spend thousands on abstract oil on canvas paintings, having a sculpture too ain't gonna be bad.

Ask your lady how much she charges.

Regards.
I'll do that sir.
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by sholay2011(m): 12:15am On Dec 27, 2015
Looks great.
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Msquare220: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
Nice work, very creative. Kinda babe one need to date; no date demanding machine.

3 Likes

Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
sholay2011:
Looks great.
Thanks very much
Re: This Beautiful Work Of Art Is My Christmas Gift. by Chartey(m): 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2015
Msquare220:
Nice work, very creative. Kinda babe one need to date; no date demanding machine.

Thanks chief.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Nigerian Animated Videos You Need To See / MUST SEE! ; STUNNING Art works by Zed Agubata / Sculptor's Artwork Of Governor Obiano's Image. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.