Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,574 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

Adele The Record Breaker - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Adele The Record Breaker (1264 Views)

Adele: The Incredible Full Story / Dia Fada!!! Wizkid 'ojuelegba',a Bigger Song Than 'hello' By Adele - The Fader / Hello Adele! The Singer And Her Boyfriend Spotted With Their Adorable Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adele The Record Breaker by Sapphire86(f): 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
Just recently Adele dropped her single Hello and it seemed the world stopped. Rappers took notice, singers took notice and even regular folks took notice. They all seemed to say 'the queen is back'. It seemed like we never heard of Rihanna, Beyonce etc just a little while ago. The rate at which people were covering the song was surprising and clearly Nigerians were not to be left out - Praiz, Niyola, Yemi Sax, David Jones David, Ruby and even Omawunmi.

Hello has a total number of 769 million views on Youtube and broke Vevo Record by achieving 27.7 million views in a 24 hour span, displaced Taylor Swift and Miley Cyrus' records for most viewed in a 24 hour span and shortest time to attain 100 million views on Vevo. When Hello dropped in the US, it debuted straight at number 1 (sorry Beyonce but Adele technically owns 'bow down b**ches).

The Album '25' has become the highest selling album in the US since Adele's '21'. Clearly, she sets the record and breaks it herself! 10 million fans visited TicketMaster's site hoping to score at least one of the 120,000 tickets available for her concert and your guess is as good as mine that there was some serious wailing that went because that demand far exceeded the available supply.

What did i pick from this artist?

I am not a fan of Adele because i think her songs are for the brokenhearted (my opinion) but i have a lot of respect and admiration for her because she seems to be killing the self acclaimed high ad mighty and she is doing so WITH HER CLOTHES ON. Female artists just think once you shake your body and put on skimpy clothes, sales come in and Africa is not left behind. I see some of our artists and i wonder if they are singing or selling. Adele perfected her craft and was able to tell her story in a captivating manner.

Every song needs not be a club banger or love song. What about writing something truthful and personal that can help others? Clearly our songs today are 'boy meets girl, they have the hots for each other and boy blows her brains out in bed'!!

Adele's '25' took her 2 years to finish meaning she started when she was actually 25 and because she put in quality work, she sure is getting quality responses and money!!

According to blogs, Justin Beiber, 1 Direction etc had to put out their albums way before Adele so that it wouldn't hurt their sales and even Rihanna who wanted to drop her album last month couldn't because she knew Adele would crush her sales.

Clearly when Adele sings, the whole entertainment industry stops and listens!!

www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/adele-concert-tickets_5675b365e4b06fa6887da6d0?ir=Entertainment&section=entertainment
www.youtube.com
www.wikipedia.org
www.billboard.com

2 Likes

Re: Adele The Record Breaker by Juliuxxxxx: 1:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
Ok
Re: Adele The Record Breaker by Adonis3: 2:20pm On Dec 21, 2015
Are u telling me she broke Airforce1's record??

It's [size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size] baby... grin
Re: Adele The Record Breaker by Sapphire86(f): 6:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
Adonis3:
Are u telling me she broke Airforce1's record??

It's [size=14pt]ADONIS3[/size] baby... grin

Airforce1 get record?

(1) (Reply)

Drama Toke Makinwa's "Customized" Wedding Dress On Sale For $138 (38,640) Online / Am Not Your Regular Girl, Super Seexxy Models That Goes Nekkied On Twitter / Kolade Oyewande Yoruba Actor Drives Bicycle To GF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.