Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,412 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court (40704 Views)

Ondo APC Governorship Tussle: Abraham Floors Akeredolu At Appeal Court / Alhassan "Mama Taraba" With Clutches At Jalingo In Airport / Orji Uzor-Kalu Wins At Appeal As Court Sacks Mao Ohuabunwa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2015
adeyemi2015:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/court-of-appeal-says-aisha-alhassan-is-states-real-governor/

Check the tweets below for more details!

Cc Lalasticlala

I love mama Taraba for one thing.....apart from Sai Buhari, her yansh can confuse judge.

Good development, so that the pretty lady from Gombe can take her office as the minister of women affairs.
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by charlesucheh(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
missKiffy:
What will happen to her ministerial spot
PMB WILL bequeath the post to me......
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by giles14(m): 5:25pm On Dec 21, 2015
adeyemi2015:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/court-of-appeal-says-aisha-alhassan-is-states-real-governor/

Cc Lalasticlala
a Muslim to rule a Christian state

get ready for clashes worst Dan dat of plateau state
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
giles14:
a Muslim to rule a Christian state

get ready for clashes worst Dan dat of plateau state

you are a bigot. Barrack Hussein Obama is ruling a christian nation.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by HRich(m): 5:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
Because she's an APCIAN Abi?
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by isacolukay(m): 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
tunex23:
I need 5 bottle of Orijin to celebrate this!! Don't ask me why....

U dey Abuja make I free you small?

Just dey drink

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 21, 2015
isacolukay:

U dey Abuja make I free you small?

Just dey drink
That's real definition of 'chilled beer'

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by darlenese(f): 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
How to win a case in Nigeria !

1. JOIN APC
2. Decamp from other parties and JOIN APC
3. .................... grin join APC

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by JUHABACH: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
omenka:
Awaiting a more credible source... smiley

Modified:

Source has been vouched for so, what can I say... Another victory for democracy!!

Congrats to proponents of Affirmative Action! cheesy

First female governor (I stand to be corrected) in the country in the offing!!

God bless Mama Taraba. smiley

victory for democracy?!
how? they just called legitimate votes "wasted".
i neither support APC or PDP, but i really cant understand the rationale behind this decision. (at least frm a jurisprudential point of view)

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by sweatlana: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2015
blazetitov:
They will soon start chanting PMB! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Yes it's pmb hand work . Just 7 months into his term and the judiciary has already lost its independence. Giving bogus judgements to suit apc.
Under Gej the judiciary was independent if no ameachi would have been thrown out by the courtt but Gej refused to intervene in the matter .

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by ussy09(m): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
tunex23:
I need 5 bottle of Orijin to celebrate this!! Don't ask me why....
k I won't ask y bt u can atleast tel me d reason for taking orijin
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by sweatlana: 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2015
darlenese:
How to win a case in Nigeria !

1. JOIN APC
2. Decamp from other parties and JOIN APC
3. .................... grin join APC
GEJ said it that when he leaves power Nigeria will come to appreciate him
Under Gej the judiciary was independent if not ameachi would have been thrown out.
We are back to military rule. Abacha style after all they wee best friends

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by kolomax(m): 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2015
cordss:

have you heard of dame virgy Etiaba of anambra state?
I think the op is referring to the first elected female governor in Nigeria
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Vyolet(f): 5:38pm On Dec 21, 2015
Congrats to Jumai Alhassan,atleast women are getting more opportunities, I would like the Kowq party woman to contest agin in 2019,I hope she wins.
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by darlenese(f): 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2015
sweatlana:

GEJ said it that when he leaves power Nigeria will come to appreciate him
Under Gej the judiciary was independent if not ameachi would have been thrown out.
We are back to military rule. Abacha style after all they wee best friends

U are on point my dear !
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by ttemmi(m): 5:46pm On Dec 21, 2015
Good
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Buharidick: 5:52pm On Dec 21, 2015
Buhari has finally killed Nigerian Democracy. In Benue state, there was no primary, yet the court of appeal upheld his election, in Taraba same Court of appeal is nullifying an election because primary to them was not conducted. what a judiciary, the supreme court needs to stand firm if not we would be living at d mercy and caprice of Buhari. Let me see how the Supreme court will distinguish d case of Benue from Taraba, Lagos from Rivers on d vitality of card reader and dat of Akwa Ibom.

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by yussuffer7881: 5:55pm On Dec 21, 2015
Up Taraba Mama we are happy for you, come and fix our there state that was damaged by the led PDP Administration. May GOD Almighty safeguard you through out your 2 periods on that seat.
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by enigok94: 5:56pm On Dec 21, 2015
adeyemi2015:

Cc Lalasticlala
so reverse is. The. Case here,waiting for the 'first boy' not first lady to be announced soon....
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:00pm On Dec 21, 2015
The losses of Wike, Ishaku, the PDP legislators in Rivers, etc: Will the wailers be able to chop christmas rice?
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by blazetitov: 6:01pm On Dec 21, 2015
sweatlana:

Yes it's pmb hand work . Just 7 months into his term and the judiciary has already lost its independence. Giving bogus judgements to suit apc.
Under Gej the judiciary was independent if no ameachi would have been thrown out by the courtt but Gej refused to intervene in the matter .

Hmmmmmmmm. I can see that you are sweating undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by dcncornels: 6:03pm On Dec 21, 2015
dats gid 2 know
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by eejo(m): 6:08pm On Dec 21, 2015
Apc is corrupt in kogi Apc senators did not have primaries the court rules for rerun but in Taraba you rule the votes goes to second party this is impunity of the highest order

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by gowaga68: 6:11pm On Dec 21, 2015
Taraba my state! Darius my kinsman but the People and Court have sppoekn!
Wun za usa hakuri ma.
Lady Aisha if you no perform we go send you out of Jalingo come 2019.
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by sammhi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 21, 2015
fake news. judgement not yet.. wonda why post false news .....

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by PANAFRICANA: 6:13pm On Dec 21, 2015
So APC states are saintly and devoid of electoral malpractice! Even PMB's victory was frought with malfeasance, characterised by underage voters. That one is not a problem abi, nobody is complaining. Well, get ready for a boomerang!

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Chrisx1x(m): 6:14pm On Dec 21, 2015
omenka:
Awaiting a more credible source... smiley

Modified:

Source has been vouched for so, what can I say... Another victory for democracy!!

Congrats to proponents of Affirmative Action! cheesy

First female governor (I stand to be corrected) in the country in the offing!!

God bless Mama Taraba. smiley
she is the first elected female governor in Nigeria.Dame virginia Ngozi was the first female governor.she was Governor of Anambra from november 2006 to February 2007.This was after Peter Obi was impeached.
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Chrisx1x(m): 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2015
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by miqos02(m): 6:23pm On Dec 21, 2015
ok
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Rexyl(m): 6:26pm On Dec 21, 2015
missKiffy:
The tribunal had held, on Saturday, November 7, 2015, that the PDP did not conduct primaries hence Ishaku was not chosen by delegates of the party to represent it, an action which was in violation of the provisions of the Electoral Act.
It found therefore that all votes in Ishaku’s favour had been wasted and Alhassan was the rightful winner of the polls.

After this, we are waiting to see what becomes of Kogi State.

Justice could have been done by conducting fresh election. Sincerely speaking APC action against PDP controlled States is questionable, and if it continues this way, may result in fatal blow on APC and democracy in the country
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by Brookcherith(m): 6:27pm On Dec 21, 2015
Taraba Governorship: Appeal Court Reserves Judgment On Ishaku’s Election Agency Report — Dec 21, 2015 4:49 pm | Leave a comment The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Monday reserved judgment in an appeal filed by Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba against the nullification of his electoral victory by a tribunal. Justice Abdul Aboki said the court would later announce the date for the judgment in the appeal. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) recalls that the appeal by Ishaku followed the judgment of the Taraba Governorship Election Petition Tribunal on Nov. 7 and awarded victory to Mrs Aisha Alhassan of APC. Mr Kanu Agabi (SAN), Counsel to Ishaku, raised four issues in the appeal. He said the petition was not accompanied by valid statements as the respondents claimed that it was the fault of the registry. Agabi said the respondents claimed that the election was marred with corruption yet claimed victory in the election. He said the respondents also pleaded that Ishaku was not sponsored by the party but later agreed that his sponsorship was not supported by any fact. He complained that 51 witnesses of the appellant were not reviewed by the tribunal and urged their lordships to allow the appeal. Mr Solo Akuma (SAN), Counsel to Peoples’ Democratic Party PDP and Mr Joseph Daudu (SAN), Counsel to INEC urged the court to allow Ishaku’s appeal. However, Mr Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN), Counsel to Alhassan, filed a cross appeal, saying INEC had no right to clear a candidate for election. He urged the court to dismiss Ishaku’s appeal and uphold the tribunal’s judgment. (NAN)
Re: Breaking: Mama Taraba Wins At Appeal Court by agabusta: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2015
Brookcherith:
Taraba Governorship:
Appeal Court Reserves
Judgment On Ishaku’s
Election
Agency Report
— Dec 21, 2015 4:49 pm | Leave a
comment
The Court of Appeal in Abuja on Monday
reserved judgment in an appeal filed by
Gov. Darius Ishaku of Taraba against the
nullification of his electoral victory by a
tribunal.
Justice Abdul Aboki said the court would
later announce the date for the judgment
in the appeal.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)
recalls that the appeal by Ishaku
followed the judgment of the Taraba
Governorship Election Petition Tribunal
on Nov. 7 and awarded victory to Mrs
Aisha Alhassan of APC.
Mr Kanu Agabi (SAN), Counsel to Ishaku,
raised four issues in the appeal.
He said the petition was not
accompanied by valid statements as the
respondents claimed that it was the fault
of the registry.
Agabi said the respondents claimed that
the election was marred with corruption
yet claimed victory in the election.
He said the respondents also pleaded
that Ishaku was not sponsored by the
party but later agreed that his
sponsorship was not supported by any
fact.
He complained that 51 witnesses of the
appellant were not reviewed by the
tribunal and urged their lordships to allow
the appeal.
Mr Solo Akuma (SAN), Counsel to
Peoples’ Democratic Party PDP and Mr
Joseph Daudu (SAN), Counsel to INEC
urged the court to allow Ishaku’s appeal.
However, Mr Abiodun Owonikoko (SAN),
Counsel to Alhassan, filed a cross appeal,
saying INEC had no right to clear a
candidate for election.
He urged the court to dismiss Ishaku’s
appeal and uphold the tribunal’s
judgment. (NAN)

I don't understand all these conflicting news oh. Maybe u should post this as a fresh topic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Hosts End Of The Year Gathering Of Social Media Change Agents -Pics / Nura Ilyasu Who Climbed Telecom Mast To Protest Buhari's Reelection Bid Descends / Court Dismisses Claims Of Forgery Against Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.