Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,739 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker (18259 Views)

5 Solid Reasons Why You Didn't Hear Back From The Interviewers/recruiters / How To Track The Emails You Send To Recruiters / 7 Major Reasons Why You Should Avoid Sending Your Resume To Recruiters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by citydove(m): 9:03am On Dec 22, 2015
Oga Interviewer, don’t ever call me beautiful! (A Letter to recruiters in Nigeria)

I am addressing this letter to every past ( & prospective HR) I have encountered in the cause of my job hunt because I want my next interview to be my last in a long time.

Dear Sir
I’m guessing you have my résumé since I have literally applied for every vacancy listed online.
You may send your invitation email tomorrow, next week, next month or next year but just as you listed the requirements for your ideal candidate, permit me to state my own prerequisites so there won’t be any conflict of interest when we eventually meet.

1. I will not wear my Christmas clothes for the interview.

As a lady, I am expected to appear in a D&G suit with a 4 inch heel shoe to represent the image of your company. I’m sorry to announce that’s not going to happen. How do I gallantly represent the image of somewhere I am not guaranteed?
Oga Interviewer, have you ever felt the pain that comes with leaving the interview room with one’s best clothes after the HR says “I’m sorry, you failed the GMAT so you will not be moving on to the next stage.” Or stares from passersby, wondering why you are roaming with your CV dressed in a corporate attire during work hours.
That does not mean I wouldn’t look decent. I like to keep my dressing simple in the event I find myself local pub where I can drink & pretend I was successful in your recruitment.

2. My double ear piercings does not make me the wrong person for the job.

I know tattoos are wrong on all count but piercings on the ear? The last time I checked, the position was not a choir mistress for an Apostolic Church. I have been putting on inconspicuous studded earrings since I began job hunting. How else do I show I’m professional enough? Do I have to cut off my ears? Dear HR of ABC company, how would a tiny ring affect my ability to use microsoft? Just say I remind you of your ex-girlfriend!

3. Four-person slot is not graduate trainee position

Okay, this is the first time your company needs as much as 4 candidates to fill up a position. I understand you are doing unemployed graduates a favour but why did you have call it graduate trainee recruitment, subsequently deceiving thousands of job seekers online with the aim of achieving free publicity for your company?
How do you intend to pick the best four from the 15,000 applications you received. I’m guessing you stopped reading CV’s after the first 100. This is the reason we never met cos my awesome résumé was the 12751th.

4. Be very specific with you ideal candidate before I show up

She must be on low cut, must not be more than 27, must have had at least 4 years cognate experience; 1 in a managerial position, must have ACII but ICAN is preferable, must be multilingual, must be a graduate of a private university; foreign university is preferable, must have flat tummy, must be living at most 30 metres from the company, must be able to work without pay for the first three months ( na so! Is it because some churches are currently running a 100 days dry fast program), must be able to market GNLD products?
State what you want in the vacancy.
I hate unrealistic surprises after I have wasted my transport money.

5. I won’t give you my photograph.

If I don’t stand a 70 percent chance of getting the job, I see no reason why I should come with all my certificates if it will eventually end up in your company’s trash can.
Sir, photocopies are expensive. Taking passports are a chore, do you even know how difficult it is to smile these days with all the brouhaha happening in Nigeria? I’m guessing no. After all, you have lots of money and a job to keep you busy.

6. Open interviews? Keep your marketing offer!

Many people shy away from marketing jobs because of the poor pay. I am one of them. (Except you want me to use my blog to promote your product/service) After roaming the street like a mad man to find customers, one is offered only 0.1 percent commission. Like what the hell? If it were that easy to get marketers, why did your company use euphemisms like vacancy for the post of a ‘brand activator’, ‘key tele agents’, DSA! Chief marketing technician? Yimu
If marketing is part of the job requirement, let me know prior to that! I was offered a job as an accountant in a pension company in Benin and the next thing the HR said was, “You know, this is a new company so you also have to bring in clients or your salary will be slashed by more then 50%.” I told him don’t even know anyone or my way round Benin! He said “Don’t you have rich aunties and uncles?” I said “no. If I had super rich relatives, would I be needing the job?”
Next thing I heard was “We will get back to you.”
I’m still waiting…

7. Salary is a very sensitive issue

Please when its time to discuss my salary expectations, don’t bring your colleagues to distract me. Its no time for jokes. I’m a sucker for compliments. For this singular reason, my mom stopped sending me market errands cos when she gives me N5000 for soup items. I hand the entire sum to the first trader that tells me ‘Omalicha…Sweety mi…African Queen, come and buy my yams.”
Dad also stopped sending me to make cash deposits cos when the beggar seated outside the bank says, “Fine girl, Angel, please gimme money. God go bless you for this life.” I hand over the money to him.
Last year, an HR asked how much I wanted and before I could say N120000 is okay. lol, his colleague chipped in “Mr Aderemi this particular candidate looks so humble. . . Her smile is really infectious.”
I heard that and stupidly said “You guys can pay me anything like. I will manage.”
The HR said, “We will give you N20000 per month.”
Yimu! Do you know how much it cost to maintain this smile?

8. ABC Company is not the place for salary earners.

I can see that’s your company core values. I understand you need my salary to keep up with your biannual vacation to Seychelles. No problem.
I am going to work for you without pay. After all, I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me.
But what other incentives are you offering? Am I going to learn on the job? No. Would it advance my career development? Maybe. Would I have to cross third mainland bridge to work everyday? Yes. Do you have a company bus? No.
Is your firm an advertising and communications firm, you know that’s my dream career path? No.
So why do you want to ‘eat’ my salary? No answer.

Gentlemen, let him who has ears, hear!
From a pained job seeker.

Source:

http://naijasinglegirl.com/oga-interviewer-dont-ever-call-me-beautiful-a-letter-to-hrs-in-nigeria/

80 Likes 9 Shares

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Danfuster(m): 9:14am On Dec 22, 2015
This must hit FP, waiting till then

Modified: I haven't started making interviews and this is just the biggest turn of for me, I can't take any job that pays less than 130k for starters, studied Engineering with NEBOSH and other certs... NO be beans now angry make all this HR get sense angry

5 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Visocrate(m): 9:17am On Dec 22, 2015
land to be sold later

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by profeoo(m): 9:43am On Dec 22, 2015
Make me self arrange one plot here

That was how we all wrote a test for 1hour only for them to tell us their pay is 10k monthly for a B Sc. I pity one guy wey wear suit come,na so d guy just start to dey remove suit n tie small small for there.
Some ppl don't hv d fear of God whalaihi!!!

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by VampireeM(f): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2015
The person wey write this letter should not look for a job... He/She has talent already is writing..

The title of this topic should be "Lamentations of a Grieved Jobseeker

23 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by ambassadorgozie(m): 10:10am On Dec 22, 2015
K
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by macaranta(m): 10:44am On Dec 22, 2015
Naijasinglegirl and her chronicles....quite a good read.

cc Sahara group, Dangote,et al.

4 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by adekanmbi1986(m): 12:02pm On Dec 22, 2015
Good one there.
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by bdazzled: 1:11pm On Dec 22, 2015
I was just laughing while reading.

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by ksstroud: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2015
Part of this should be sent to eunisell HR

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by iteleaye(m): 1:39pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lol

Spovan multifunctional GPS watch, with numerous fuctions... Let it guide you

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Novaworld(m): 1:40pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ok
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by zone20: 1:41pm On Dec 22, 2015
ok

Hey guyz DOWNLOAD this VIDEO: Tiwa Savage – African Waist ft. Don Jazzy
http://www.musbizubeat.com/2015/12/download-video-tiwa-savage-african-waist-ft-don-jazzy/
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by chinex276(m): 1:42pm On Dec 22, 2015
may God help us ooo... Sports bet always 2 d rescue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by abbaapple: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
I dedicate dis comment to Intrivert and lady F for dere absenc in dis forum cry indid poverty no good angry may God bless dere hussle shocked

4 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by KELVIN086: 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by CaroLyner(f): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
grin

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by xender(m): 1:44pm On Dec 22, 2015
hence 2016Budget
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by kushma(m): 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Don't get op
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Chiscomax(m): 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
Before the recruiters will adhere to your opinion, Lion must start licking Pear

2 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Nobody: 1:45pm On Dec 22, 2015
NaijaSingleGirl, una don come again! Been long since i visited your house, sorry i mean your blog.
Oya pilot, drive me go there now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Funny But True
Those employers can be a pain in the ass.
You dress-up to a worth of 60k for a job that won't
pay half of your dressing only to be offered a marketing job

angry

4 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by pretydiva(f): 1:46pm On Dec 22, 2015
Wat an eye opener dis is grin
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by henrixx(m): 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lolllllll
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Izzystevens: 1:47pm On Dec 22, 2015
cheesy
I started laughing before reading all because itz naijasinglegirl...

3 Likes

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by kings09(m): 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
Op no be only u. Many of us r pained bt u jst hv 2 strive n always do ur best. Na govt give all diz HR firms mouth 2 de give job conditions they cnt even fufil themselves.

1 Like

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by obontami: 1:49pm On Dec 22, 2015
[size=18pt]is this suppose to be funny ??

Mtcheeeeeew
[/size]
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by AreaFada2: 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
Lol cheesy
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by spacyzuma(m): 1:50pm On Dec 22, 2015
LMFAO grin grin
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by Chidizman(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
Naija singlegirl cheesy Always rocking. Before I could say jack, It had already made FP undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by kasmail(m): 1:51pm On Dec 22, 2015
This is serious... Job hunt is hell... Only sure link can do it
Re: A Letter To Recruiters In Nigeria From A Pained Job Seeker by ultrazone(m): 1:52pm On Dec 22, 2015
Funny

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Got A Job Through Debbie And Nairaland On The 14th Of February / Top 5 Funny Factors That Can Give You A Job In Nigeria / Is This Employment Letter Genuine? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.