Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer (16840 Views)

Please Help, I Just Missed NBC Phone Call / Need An Engineer For plastic Machines? (2nd time of updating the thread, pics) / NBC Management Trainee 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by tempex88(m): 12:35pm On Dec 23, 2015
!!!
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by africanusvu(m): 12:37pm On Dec 23, 2015
None of these make u an engineer.al these short term post uni training is too far away frm wat u wil meet in the field.u want to be an engineer after graduation.dnt mind high pay.take a job frm a practical engineering firm.put upto 3yrs in the field respecting the Technicians and artisans.The best engineer is trained by TECHNICIAN.quote me anywhere

2 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by BankManager(m): 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2015
For an Engineer,NBC is better...KPMG is accounting oriented
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by banio: 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2015
So companies are still employing.
PMB at work
If Am in your shoes, I will opt for the one with the highest pay provided the difference is up to #300K
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by ocelot2006(m): 12:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
Young man, go for NBC. It is in line with what you studied, and the company is ONE OF THE BEST COMPANIES to work with in Nigeria. I assure you that you will not regret it at all.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Charly68: 1:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
If you need correct advice,go for kpmg trainee they will train you & turn you to a professional managerial consultant & I bet you man,you will be on hot demand in that line of career. They believe that once you have engineering background you will be able to handle figures very well.. Give you two years,your mobility in labour market will be high.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Software202(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
k
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by MacMaster01(m): 1:08pm On Dec 23, 2015
If Kpmg gives u management consulting go for it and forget u studied engineering. Because at the end of the day engineering can't carry u to CEO level or an Executive council level.
My CEO did elect/elect and started at Kpmg see where he is today, he was even formerly the CEO of the NBC for like 5years.

3 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Shenky(m): 1:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
Abeg wahs KPMG and NBC
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by AareOlumidey: 1:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
bro NBC is better if you are a man that wants to grow in engineering field. though the money might not be as much as KPMG you cant compare a manufacturing firm with an audit service firmin area of engineering.#myview sad
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by hmohammed(m): 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
Oga, I advise u go for NBC. I studied engineering and worked for KPMG for some years. That's all I can offer u.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by jmanity: 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
Go with NBC since u read Engineering in school, KPMG mainly is for accountants and business managers. Meanwhile can someone post the link for NBC trainee program?
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Atk1nson(m): 1:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
NemB:

Thanks guys. I was comparing because, with the state of this country right now, my passion is to make money. And I feel ill gain good training from both places.
I'm just wondering which will be best in the long run.

D truth is with kpmg after 4-6 years, if you know your onions well, you could get a job of 600k or more per month. But then, it takes passion to play at that level, so go with where your passion is
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by MaziOmenuko: 2:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
KPMG is not all about financial audit: they audit engineering firms also: and the auditing involves both financial audits and process audits...these process audits involves Engineering processes and thats why KPMG will need Engineers as process audits.

If you have an offer with KPMG, do not miss that opportunity!

You will learn nothing at NBC!!

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Rhea(f): 2:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
NemB:
Please guys, between kpmg graduate trainee and Nbc management trainee, which is better for an engineering graduate?

[size=18pt]KPMG without a doubt. They will develop your financial and management skills and prep you well. Always remember that the financial guys call the shots in any firm. So get those skills when you can. You can always join a pure engineering company whenever you so desire, but if you want to rise through the ranks fast, then KPMG is the way to go. They may pay you peanuts now, but you will reap the benefits in the next 5 years when you present your CV then to a multinational oil company like ExxonMobil or Total. If you join them then as an auditor, be sure to criss cross the globe regularly. Within 3 years you for don collect enough estacode to take build correct house for banana island.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Gnen: 2:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
NBC vs KPMG, It a normal belief that having some years in consulting can pay in the long run.But I will not because of this fact go for a job in consulting if I don't have a passion for it and I don't fit into the company coperate cultures. For me I will rather go for the one that align with my values.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by nastyesco(m): 2:40pm On Dec 23, 2015
The reward for KPMG may be low at the moment but I believe it's far more rewarding. If u cn get ur experience together. ..it ll b better for u. Definitely it won't be in Engineering capacity but a broader view and you ll make many contacts. KPMG is a global firm and will be a good sell for you on your resume in the future
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by dollyptosh(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
Am an Engineer, but I'd go with kpmg.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by ayo2pec(m): 3:49pm On Dec 23, 2015
unless you hate what you did at school go for NBL.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Nobody: 3:53pm On Dec 23, 2015
None, but in a country like Nigeria, just choose anyone since your choices are limited.

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by nigerfine: 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
Can you pass the accounting professional exams?the kpmg self doesn't pay what a business can pay. Don't throw your hard earned engineering degree to the bin

1 Like

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
dollyptosh:
Am an Engineer, but I'd go with kpmg.
Do you even know what being an engineer means?
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by get2habbay(m): 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
NBC pays her "engineering" graduates btw 100k and 120k basic salary immediately you are employd
If d NBC you mean is cocacola nigeria, work_life balance is effective.
Also,you will see engineering at its best *provided* you want to learn
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Ojady(m): 8:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
If you are young man and unmarried, bruv, go for KPMG, why? You're young, you dont overly need a Work-Life balance as such, work is 5 days a week maybe some weekends too... The pay? Fantastic, Also, You did Engineering for five years, now KPMG is a multi national consulting firm with clients unimaginable. It means diversity and versatility for you. You'll meet smart people in different fields, from varied walks of life, the exposure is inestimable...you WILL work with clients in Engineering, meaning your background will enable you to adapt and engage consulting with Engineering. That should be a fresh graduate's dream.

I'm assuming you're smart to have gotten both offers, and if you did, study and conquer Engineering for five years, then your potential is enormous - dont settle for less. KPMG will expose you, perhaps on a whole different level, than NBC ( I mean the name Nigerian,) suggests just how far you can go... NBC as typical of anything Nigeria, is fraught with the usual primordial politics, if you're one of those, then of course NBC.

2 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by gotousa2013: 8:51pm On Dec 23, 2015
op if you join as NBC Management Trainee you will be placed on the Management cadre meaning you are the next manager in line which is more lucrative and fast track to middle level management. For KPMG graduate trainee, you are not different from a first jobber who can just be placed in a function that might take you long before been promoted .
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by dollyptosh(m): 9:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
12inches1:

Do you even know what being an engineer means?
Lol. You won't understand.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by dollyptosh(m): 9:17pm On Dec 23, 2015
Ojady:
If you are young man and unmarried, bruv, go for KPMG, why? You're young, you dont overly need a Work-Life balance as such, work is 5 days a week maybe some weekends too... The pay? Fantastic, Also, You did Engineering for five years, now KPMG is a multi national consulting firm with clients unimaginable. It means diversity and versatility for you. You'll meet smart people in different fields, from varied walks of life, the exposure is inestimable...you WILL work with clients in Engineering, meaning your background will enable you to adapt and engage consulting with Engineering. That should be a fresh graduate's dream.

I'm assuming you're smart to have gotten both offers, and if you did, study and conquer Engineering for five years, then your potential is enormous - dont settle for less. KPMG will expose you, perhaps on a whole different level, than NBC ( I mean the name Nigerian,) suggests just how far you can go... NBC as typical of anything Nigeria, is fraught with the usual primordial politics, if you're one of those, then of course NBC.
I concur.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by Emmiee28(m): 11:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
davide470:
Go for the one that pays the highest!

..Then build a Career in it.

"Jack of all trade, master of none"... Better go 4 ur engineerin'
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by cc150615(f): 5:07am On Dec 24, 2015
I just hope the OP isn't more confused than before creating the thread sad

2 Likes

Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by sucroseoff(m): 7:04am On Dec 24, 2015
my 2 cents,

you are a very lucky man.

there are people who've started in either coy and are very successful today, and those who aren't successful yet.

the key to deciding your first place of employment is kowing what you need to be successful in life (skills, connections, e.t.c) and following that path that'll help you build them faster.
there's usually not a yes or no answer to questions like this, because you're unique.

my advice, even if it's all about the money, don't be myopic. Understand what you really want and go for it. at the end of the day, it's your happiness that counts.
Re: Please Which Is Better? Kpmg Or Nbc? For An Engineer by NemB: 8:59pm On Dec 24, 2015
cc150615:
I just hope the OP isn't more confused than before creating the thread sad

Lol. Confusion wan finish me here. Na to free everything, enter business. But then, with this dollar rate.... cry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Responded To A Fake Job Interview / Zodiac Link Recruitment / 10 Things I Wasn't Aware Of About Getting A Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.