Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,405 members, 7,781,173 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:13 AM

List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) (169900 Views)

Photos : See The Big Fishes This Nairalander Bought In Lagos / See The Plastic Rice Sold To Me In Lagos(pictures) / The Fishes One Man Caught In My Village Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by nikkflexible(f): 8:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Toh
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by SexyCrixus25(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2015
Gr8 list, but how about Tuna?
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Opoki(m): 8:22am On Dec 23, 2015
I came.
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by mencer(m): 8:23am On Dec 23, 2015
Brilliant and quite interesting
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by bobchigar(m): 8:24am On Dec 23, 2015
Nice enlightenment about the fishes we consumed here.
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Toosure70: 8:24am On Dec 23, 2015
searay:
Ladies and gentlemen Today is my Birthday!

I love fish
Even fish loves you, get one and marry. HBD

3 Likes

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by ANBAKO: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Good write uP
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by lilwayneme(m): 8:25am On Dec 23, 2015
Where eja NLA?
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by nanocash: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2015
Fish all d way
So all these fishes are imported nd dat guy emefiele want us to depend on our self?
#confused_governor

1 Like

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by spreado(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2015
I nor too like fish...
Meat for life
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by fruityjojo(f): 8:28am On Dec 23, 2015
We import everything from toothpick to fish cry

1 Like

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by iamclime(m): 8:30am On Dec 23, 2015
HERRINGS... SOBONDE IN EGBALAND! THE MOST SOUGHT AFTER FISH. A NURSE ONCE TOLD ME IT'S HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THOSE WATCHING THEIR WEIGHT. NICE ONE, OP wink

1 Like

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by sod09(m): 8:31am On Dec 23, 2015
Piranha nko
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Horlawoomey(m): 8:37am On Dec 23, 2015
Where is SABALO, the fish with too much bone and big head.

2 Likes

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by samsard(m): 8:40am On Dec 23, 2015
sportsmaster:
4) PANLA is the general term used for this very fish.
it has many species, but three main species are imported into nigeria.

i) ALASKA POLLOCK :- this is the one that is used for making STOCK FISH(OKPOROPO).it has very little or no FAT contents in its body,Personally i prefer it when it is fried,

ii)HAKE:- just like ALASKA but it has a a very sharp dentition,its whole dentition consist of 95% canine,it has a great taste.

iii)BLUE WHITING :- this is the one that is always folded and sold by most EGUN hawkers,it is usually smoked and dried,it is great for vegetable soups.
i will upload the pics respectively
I also love fried Panla, but the smoke one is practically tasteless and my mom prefers to use that with Okra soup.
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Eledan: 8:42am On Dec 23, 2015
But unfortunately the FG has included fish into the list of the 41 ban items to access forex at official and interbank markets for reason best known to them.
You can't even open a Form M easily for fish importation nowadays.
This will soon put the prices of these imported and good source of proteins out of the reach of many Nigerians.
This govt is getting many things wrong in it forex policy.

2 Likes

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 23, 2015
sportsmaster:
cc lalasticlala, MissyB3
Wahoo which side of agege are u based?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by fashrola(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2015
Well Barracuda, Red Sniper, Tuna is really my favourite.... Fresh from Nigerian offshore waters.... Taste greats and really nutritious... but when I'm back to land I love MACKEREL

5 Likes

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Taiwo20(m): 8:43am On Dec 23, 2015
sportsmaster:
4) PANLA is the general term used for this very fish.
it has many species, but three main species are imported into nigeria.

i) ALASKA POLLOCK :- this is the one that is used for making STOCK FISH(OKPOROPO).it has very little or no FAT contents in its body,Personally i prefer it when it is fried,

ii)HAKE:- just like ALASKA but it has a a very sharp dentition,its whole dentition consist of 95% canine,it has a great taste.

iii)BLUE WHITING :- this is the one that is always folded and sold by most EGUN(OGU not Egun pls) hawkers,it is usually smoked and dried,it is great for vegetable soups.
i will upload the pics respectively
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Rawblings(m): 8:49am On Dec 23, 2015
Cool. Haven't eaten all though. I love fish more than meat
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by donralph2000(m): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2015
So.....you mean to tell me that AGBODO (pure bony fish) is being caught in Nigeria and the rest are imported Oga park w3ll.......dem dey catch PANLA for third mainland bridge water joorh.....I know some Egun wey dey go fishing very early in the morning and come back with boat full of fishes......Kote...Shawa.....even Titus. ..........different species of fish.
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by bigfather(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2015
You try bro ! Weldone !
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 23, 2015
Na Kote sure pass...
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by searay(m): 8:59am On Dec 23, 2015
Toosure70:
Even fish loves you, get one and marry. HBD
Thank you very much, but you wicked oooooo
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 23, 2015
easyfem:
All diz fish, i sabi dem... Which one com com from Nigeria?

None. cry So sad. 80% of the fish we eat is imported because its easier for market women to buy well packaged, already frozen fish, in cartons dn to be putting pails of water wt stinky fresh fish in their shops. The most popular nigerian fish is catfish and then tilapia. There are others. But how many market pple sell these?
Those dt farm it usually get marketers to take it to the street junctions to sell. If we had d technology to freeze and package it well like they do abroad it would be much more readily sold by market women. And pple would rather buy sthn packaged newly dn fish dt has spent 3 months on d high seas & God knows how many months since it was farmed. Nigeria has so many business opportunities.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Tfatimat21(f): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2015
I prefer Argentina and panla, I don't like oily fish. tanks op for the educative thread
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by Jideams(m): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for the article, I have read this with great interest. Is there any possibility of getting in touch with you as this is a doable business for me. Please reach out to me on jimoh.jobs@hotmail.co.uk
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by toprealman: 9:08am On Dec 23, 2015
Under Buhari's governments, everything seem to be changing. That your nos 2 no be scumbia fish them de call am again?
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by vislabraye(m): 9:12am On Dec 23, 2015
I think croaker is my favourite amongst the ones I'm familiar with. Markerel is lovely and also very nutritious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by waveskaaya(m): 9:16am On Dec 23, 2015
thats so true my sister sad
ifyalways:
Reality is that many families won't be able to afford even Shawa this Christmas sad

Let the ones that have Titus be grateful.
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by jurjes(f): 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
Poster. You did not include Tilapia fish.
Team Mackerel fish.
Re: List Of The Most Commom imported FISHES In LAGOS(PICTURES) by bidex2015: 9:40am On Dec 23, 2015
why is it that we cannot produce this fish in nigeria and how can one be successful in fish business need mentor

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Making A Very Fluffy Cake? / Reach The Moderator Here - Complaints~ Feedbacks~ Suggestions / Recipe For Losing Weight..... Lose 12kg In Two Weeks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.