Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,921 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? (25920 Views)

Top 4 Richest Tribes In Nigeria / The 10 Most Expensive Cultures/tribes In Nigeria To Marry From / Richest And Prominent Tribes In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 4:11am On Dec 23, 2015
This is subjective and just for fun.

In my opinion the smartest tribes in Nigeria are in the South, except the Ijaw who despite being southerners are not intelligent.

The Igbo appear to be the highest IQ Nigerians, but they have some severe character flaws. This is mainly a low level of conscientiousness (heritable trait) which gives them a higher tendency towards criminal behavior. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientiousness

The dumbest tribe is by far the Hausa who despite scoring high in conscientiousness probably score very low in IQ. Their domination by a much smaller group, the Fulani, is evidence of this. The Yoruba may be further down the list but I place them at 3 because they seem to have made contributions. This being said i cant tell the difference between Yoruba and Edo, so perhaps these contributions were made by the former?

What is your list and why?

1. Igbo
2. Edo
3. Yoruba.
4. Ibibio
5. Kanuri
6. Fulani
7. Ekoi
7. Jukon
8. Nupe
9. Ijaw
10. Hausa

P.S Which tribe is this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVl0KtUlvQo

2 Likes

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by bokohalal(m): 4:17am On Dec 23, 2015
You want trouble, right?

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Kenzico(m): 4:35am On Dec 23, 2015
This thread will do no good but promote tribalism

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Chanchit: 4:59am On Dec 23, 2015
Imbe-cile. I just checked ur profile only to discover that you have brain damage. Take this truth from me, you are also among the 95% of blacks that do not deserve to reproduce.

5 Likes

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 5:03am On Dec 23, 2015
Chanchit:
Imbe-cile. I just checked ur profile only to discover that you have brain damage. Take this truth from me, you are also among the 95% of blacks that do not deserve to reproduce.
sad thats not nice, give me a chance bro
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by GorkoSusaay: 5:58am On Dec 23, 2015
You, certainly, are not very smart.
Being smart is not dependent on your ethnicity. It's incredible but it is true.

3 Likes

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 6:29am On Dec 23, 2015
GorkoSusaay:
Do you have any proof for this claim?

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by KaffyK(f): 7:47am On Dec 23, 2015
Ofcourse, d yoruba ppl
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 23, 2015
Deltans.....undisputed are the smartest
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by makahlj2: 11:09am On Dec 23, 2015
Hausa, without doubt. They ruled Nigeria, rule and will rule it.
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
Friggin Ben Carson! First of all what do you mean by hausas domination by fulani?

You still haven't answered my question, is IQ a reliable measure of one's intelligence?

Pleep

You definitely have something against hausas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:
Friggin Ben Carson! First of all what do you mean by hausas domination by fulani?

You still haven't answered my question, is IQ a reliable measure of one's intelligence?

Pleep

You definitely have something against hausas.
I'm not like you people. I can view the world objectively instead of stumbling through a maze of bias and emotion like you guys do. Just because I put the Hausas on the bottom doesn't mean i have "something against" them. It simply means that according to the evidence available to me they appear to be the least intelligent.

I know objectivity is like rocket science to you guys and such a thing is impossible for you to understand.

Anyway, Ben Carson was said to have scored the highest SAT score of any high-school student graduating from Detroit in decades. Whether or not true this is true, its obvious that he had outstanding academic achievement as he graduated from Yale and went on to become a successful Neuro-surgeon.

Why did you just write "friggin Ben Carson" at the beginning of your post? Stop being a smart-ass and make your point clearly. Do you think he is dumb?

5 Likes

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
makahlj2:
Hausa, without doubt. They ruled Nigeria, rule and will rule it.
Remember the Fulani rule the Hausa and rule Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
pleep:
I'm not like you people. I can view the world objectively instead of stumbling through a maze of bias and emotion like you guys do. Just because I put the Hausas on the bottom doesn't mean i have "something against" them. It simply means that according to the evidence available to me they appear to be the least intelligent.

I know objectivity is like rocket science to you guys and such a thing is impossible for you to understand.

Anyway, Ben Carson was said to have scored the highest SAT score of any high-school student graduating from Detroit in decades. Whether or not true this is true, its obvious that he had outstanding academic achievement as he graduated from Yale and went on to become a successful Neuro-surgeon.

Why did you just write "friggin Ben Carson" at the beginning of your post? Stop being a smart-ass and make your point clearly. Do you think he is dumb?

what evidence makes you think hausas are at the bottom of the pyramid?

what do you mean by fulani domination?

please elaborate.

Ben Carson

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 1:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

what evidence makes you think hausas are at the bottom of the pyramid?

what do you mean by fulani domination?

please elaborate.

Ben Carson

I'm not wasting my time with you. Ask someone else

- ben carson.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
pleep:
I'm not wasting my time with you. Ask someone else

- ben carson.

okay, i'll stop the ben carson thing if you just tell me what you mean by fulani domination and why you put hausas at the bottom otherwise its a just conclusion to say youre doing so out of spite.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by pleep(m): 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

okay, i'll stop the ben carson thing if you just tell me what you mean by fulani domination and why you put hausas at the bottom otherwise its a just conclusion to say youre doing so out of spite.
ROFL I couldn't care less what your conclusion is, do i know you?

look it up
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Dec 23, 2015
pleep:
ROFL I couldn't care less what your conclusion is, do i know you?

look it up

Well here are the facts i have, it seems most fulanis and most ethnic groups in the north speak hausa, live like hausas, eat and dress like hausas am i right? so what does domination mean? The brits are made up of different ethnic stocks, like anglo saxons, norse, romans and celts, is any group dominating the other? ave you thought that theyve accepted that even though theyre different they can still be one because they share these similarities?

These hausas you claim are the least smart ethnic group, are they the same hausas that built one of the most advanced and civilized societies in Africa? the same hausas with their unique architecture and great cities? The same hausas who dominated saharan trade? the same hausas who could read and write long before any ethnic group in Nigeria?

Which makes me wonder where the igbos were all this while? if not for the white men, would they even been clothed or civilized? you ask why they are liable to crime maybe youre too biased to face the true answer. IQ just tests knowledge and not intelligence. give an iq test to people 1000 years ago, everyone will fail, that doesnt mean there weren't intelligent people. The fact that hausas achieved a lot on their own and were proud of what they achieved is why they were reluctant to succumb to western education at first but i assure you if hausas were as learned as other ethnic groups you'd be surprised.

i am assuming based on your stuupid assumptions that youre from the south, but see this is why youll never understand our dynamics, you dont know your history, you know nothing about us and that is why youll continue to succumb to us, the so called low IQ beings.

You are just like ben carson, the sort of Nigga the white masters want you to be, deceived into a false sense of superiority above your own people when in fact youre as dumb as they come.

leave this forum and go to a white one where they will appreciate your thoughts, boy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by kleek: 2:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Well here are the facts i have, it seems most fulanis and most ethnic groups in the north speak hausa, live like hausas, eat and dress like hausas am i right? so what does domination mean? The brits are made up of different ethnic stocks, like anglo saxons, norse, romans and celts, is any group dominating the other? ave you thought that theyve accepted that even though theyre different they can still be one because they share these similarities?

These hausas you claim are the least smart ethnic group, are they the same hausas that built one of the most advance and civilized societies in Africa? the same hausas with their unique architecture and great cities? The same hausas who dominated saharan trade? the same hausas who could read and write long before any ethnic group in Nigeria?

Which makes me wonder where the igbos were all this while? if not for the white men, would they even been clothed or civilized? you ask why they are liable to crime maybe youre too biased to face the true answer. IQ just tests knowledge and not intelligence. give an iq test to people 1000 years ago, everyone will fail, that doesnt mean there weren't intelligent people. The fact that hausas achieved a lot on their own and were proud of what they achieved is why they were reluctant to succumb to western education at first but i assure you if hausas were as learned as other ethnic groups you'd be surprised.

i am assuming based on your stuupid assumptions that youre from the south, but see this is why youll never understand our dynamics, you dont know your history, you know nothing about us and that is why youll continue to succumb to us, the so called low IQ beings.

You are just like ben carson, the sort of Nigga the white masters want you to be, deceived into a false sense of superiority above your own people when in fact youre as dumb as they come.

leave this forum and go to a white one where they will appreciate your thoughts, boy.
I'm glad we cut through all the B.S and got straight to the point. Next time don't play games with me kid, speak your mind from the start and stop trying to be a smart-ass. I can see right through you.

I'm glad the people of the North get along, good for you. The fact of the matter is the Fulani, a small nomadic tribe conquered a settled agricultural developed society on their own territory. This is unprecedented in history and a compelling argument for low IQ, especially when you observe the Fulanis meagre position in every other society they occupy. The gypsies of west Africa, beggars everywhere, lords of the Hausa.

Deep down the Fulani know they are superior, why wouldn't they? Aliko Dangote, Sanusi, Yar' Adua, Lamido the entire aristocracy of north Nigeria is Fulani blood. There is also very little Hausa contribution in science, literature or really anything. When you look at Niger you see that the Hausa are perhaps one of the lowest IQ people in the entire world. A big part of the reason why Nigeria average IQ is so low is because of the Hausa contribution.

I couldn't care less either way, it doesn't interest me very much, but this is why I think the Hausa are the lowest IQ group in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by kleek: 2:22pm On Dec 23, 2015
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:34pm On Dec 23, 2015
kleek:
I'm glad we cut through all the B.S and got straight to the point. Next time don't play games with me kid, speak your mind from the start and stop trying to be a smart-ass. I can see right through you.
lol! i seriously doubt it.

I'm glad the people of the North get along, good for you. The fact of the matter is the Fulani, a small nomadic tribe conquered a settled agricultural developed society on their own territory. This is unprecedented in history and a compelling argument for low IQ, especially when you observe the Fulanis meagre position in every other society they occupy. The gypsies of west Africa, beggars everywhere, lords of the Hausa.
you do know hausa even in the old days is a combination of different ethnicities right, hausa states like katsina kano and the rest, never got along. now, the fulanis have a much higher number than people think because these people will tell you for all that they know theyre hausa. there was a good number of fulanis living in hausa land back then, including Bil Foduye. Fulanis rose to prominence because of the fulani war, which they constituted the majority of rebels, but trust me, there was a good number of hausa peasants because the hausa rulers back then were unjust, infact, i read somewhere that one of Bil foduyes most trusted generals was a hausa man. and no, fulanis are not all peasants, theyre a nomadic ethnic group, its a lifestyle. and no, they are not the lords of the hausa, if youre talking about the monarchs, for every fulani monarch theres a corresponding hausa monarch. and not even all these monarchs that you think are fulani are fulani.

Deep down the Fulani know they are superior to you, why wouldn't they? Aliko Dangote, Sanusi Lamido the entire aristocracy of north Nigeria is Fulani blood. There is also very little Hausa contribution in science, literature or really anything.
Yes, i am well aware of some fulanis who think theyre superior to hausas but whenever i meet such idiotts im happy to cut them to size. i simple thing is to ask them to speak their language, always gets them because they cant. Im a proud hausa man and i can hold my own against any bellend who tries that nonsense with me because i know my history and i know who i am and only a hausa bloke who doesnt know his history will even think the fulanis are remotely superior to us.

That being said, majority of fulanis i know have the idea of unity and some even identify as hausa, which i am against but just goes to explain our unity.

Aliko dangote is a hausa man, grand son of dantata, a proud hausa man who was once the richest man in west africa.

Sanusi lamido is a good fulani man, from my state and one that i respect very much, but if i were to chose a role model from kano state id choose maitama sule, dan masanin kano, who has a very vibrant mind as well, look him up.

I couldn't care less either way, it doesn't interest me very much, but this is why I think the Hausa are the lowest IQ group in Nigeria.
Well, as for me, i dont really think ethnicity defines intelligence but if thats the case and given the evidences throughout history Id say hausas maybe the smartest ethnic group in Africa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by kleek: 3:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

lol! i seriously doubt it.

you do know hausa even in the old days is a combination of different ethnicities right, hausa states like katsina kano and the rest, never got along. now, the fulanis have a much higher number than people think because these people will tell you for all that they know theyre hausa. there was a good number of fulanis living in hausa land back then, including Bil Foduye. Fulanis rose to prominence because of the fulani war, which they constituted the majority of rebels, but trust me, there was a good number of hausa peasants because the hausa rulers back then were unjust, infact, i read somewhere that one of Bil foduyes most trusted generals was a hausa man. and no, fulanis are not all peasants, theyre a nomadic ethnic group, its a lifestyle. and no, they are not the lords of the hausa, if youre talking about the monarchs, for every fulani monarch theres a corresponding hausa monarch. and not even all these monarchs that you think are fulani are fulani.

Yes, i am well aware of some fulanis who think theyre superior to hausas but whenever i meet such idiotts im happy to cut them to size. i simple thing is to ask them to speak their language, always gets them because they cant. Im a proud hausa man and i can hold my own against any bellend who tries that nonsense with me because i know my history and i know who i am and only a hausa bloke who doesnt know his history will even think the fulanis are remotely superior to us.

That being said, majority of fulanis i know have the idea of unity and some even identify as hausa, which i am against but just goes to explain our unity.

Aliko dangote is a hausa man, grand son of dantata, a proud hausa man who was once the richest man in west africa.

Sanusi lamido is a good fulani man, from my state and one that i respect very much, but if i were to chose a role model from kano state id choose Ibrahim maitama sule, dan masanin kano, who has a very vibrant mind as well, look him up.

Well, as for me, i dont really think ethnicity defines intelligence but if thats the case and given the evidences throughout history Id say hausas maybe the smartest ethnic group in Africa.
Personally I don't think there is any empirical basis for claiming the Hausa are the most intelligent. However the most trustworthy and peaceful? Yes, you could support that. I also believe most of the negatives in the region where brought in by outside forces and don't originate in mind of the Hausa people.

The Hausa also have a good well structured language which was actually taught at my university here in the U.S. The main thing I like about the group (because I actually do like the Hausa believe it or not) is the fact that it absorbs other groups into it and can coexist relatively peacefully as a result. This is really important for the development of large ethnic states. As I mentioned earlier, this lingustic/cultural conflation is one of the natural results of civilization advance, the fact that is occurred in the north demonstrates that the Sahel was a little further along in this process.

At the end of the day the Hausa is one of the great races of Africa. All of us have good aspects but we could all use some improvement also.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by GorkoSusaay: 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
pleep:
Do you have any proof for this claim?

How ironic

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by kleek: 3:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
GorkoSusaay:

How ironic
how so?

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by GorkoSusaay: 3:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
kleek:
how so?

You open a thread describing your wish to rank tribes according to their smartness, without any data or any methodology. And when I contest your logic, you ask for evidence. Am I to show evidence when you were the one ranking tribe according to their smartness without any logic, evidence, methodology....

And just to support MorrowCaligari's point, you would be dumb to consider the Hausas as 'dumb'. Go read your history, methinks your historical scope doesn't go back far enough before the 21st century. While most tribes "were searching for themselves" (to put it nicely), Hausas built the greatest political systems in the Sahel, with trade networks, cultural affinities, whose legacies still define Nigeria today.
Your simple assertion that Hausas are dominated by Fulani show your ignorance. The current emir of Daura, where your president hails from, is a Hausa; the scion of a thousand year old dynasty. And so are the Emirs of Argungu and Bauchi, among others. Hausa is the lingua franca in the north; the simple name "Fulani" is a Hausa exonym (Fulani call themselves Fulbe) and so is Yoruba, which was used by Hausa speakers to refer to the inhabitants of the Oyo Empire.
"The wedding of milk, millet and meat" is not a sign of dumbness or weakness but intelligence, I would say.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 23, 2015
kleek:
Personally I don't think there is any empirical basis for claiming the Hausa are the most intelligent. However the most trustworthy and peaceful? Yes, you could support that. I also believe most of the negatives in the region where brought in by outside forces and don't originate in mind of the Hausa people.
Like i said, i dont really think ethnicity has anything to do with intelligence. however, if we try to go down that road, Id say hausas make a very strong case, hardly any other african ethnicity has the empirical basis the hausa people do.

The Hausa also have a good well structured language which was actually taught at my university here in the U.S. The main thing I like about the group (because I actually do like the Hausa believe it or not) is the fact that it absorbs other groups into it and can coexist relatively peacefully as a result. This is really important for the development of large ethnic states. As I mentioned earlier, this lingustic/cultural conflation is one of the natural results of civilization advance, the fact that is occurred in the north demonstrates that the Sahel was a little further along in this process.
Exactly!

At the end of the day the Hausa is one of the great races of Africa. All of us have good aspects but we could all use some improvement also.
Youre right!

pleep kleek same person?
Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2015
GorkoSusaay:

You open a thread describing your wish to rank tribes according to their smartness, without any data or any methodology. And when I contest your logic, you ask for evidence. Am I to show evidence when you were the one ranking tribe according to their smartness without any logic, evidence, methodology....

And just to support MorrowCaligari's point, you would be dumb to consider the Hausas as 'dumb'. Go read your history, methinks your historical scope doesn't go back far enough before the 21st century. While most tribes "were searching for themselves" (to put it nicely), Hausas built the greatest political systems in the Sahel, with trade networks, cultural affinities, whose legacies still define Nigeria today.
Your simple assertion that Hausas are dominated by Fulani show your ignorance. The current emir of Daura, where your president hails from, is a Hausa; the scion of a thousand year old dynasty. And so are the Emirs of Argungu and Bauchi, among others. Hausa is the lingua franca in the north; the simple name "Fulani" is a Hausa exonym (Fulani call themselves Fulbe) and so is Yoruba, which was used by Hausa speakers to refer to the inhabitants of the Oyo Empire.
"The wedding of milk, millet and meat" is not a sign of dumbness or weakness but intelligence, I would say.

Exactly brother. southerners usually tend to show ignorance when it comes to affairs of the north. I know you probably dont speak hausa but Allah shi yi maka albarka

i was going to mention the part about the monarchs but was in a hurry. how are you so knowledgeable in terms of the affairs of northern nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by GorkoSusaay: 3:46pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

Exactly brother. southerners usually tend to show ignorance when it comes to affairs of the north. I know you probably dont speak hausa but Allah shi yi maka albarka

i was going to mention the part about the monarchs but was in a hurry. how are you so knowledgeable in terms of the affairs of northern nigeria?

Nagode Aboki [I know that much Hausa at least]. Let's say that I'm very interested in history, fascinated by Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Dec 23, 2015
GorkoSusaay:

Nagode Aboki [I know that much Hausa at least]. Let's say that I'm very interested in history, fascinated by Nigeria.

because some idiotts cluelessly use that word as a derogatory term for northerners, the forum automatically changes the word but ni ma na gode.

keep it up bro, with so much madness going on in this culture section it needs people like you.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by GorkoSusaay: 3:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
MorrowCaligari:

because some idiotts cluelessly use that word as a derogatory term for northerners, the forum automatically changes the word but ni ma na gode.

keep it up bro, with so much madness going on in this culture section it needs people like you.

Ah, I see. Thank you again. We will redeem thread by thread this section cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Are The Smartest Tribes In Nigeria? by Fulaman198(m): 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
GorkoSusaay:

So true, being smart as scientifically researched has absolutely nothing to do with one's ethnicity.

It has more to do with an individual's environmental variables..... Where did this person grow up? How was their upbringing like? How were their teachers and professors?

@Pleep, you violated rule #2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members OR THEIR TRIBES.

Know that intelligence can not be gauged by being of a particular ethnicity. Thanks closing thread due to violation.

1 Like 1 Share

(1)

Osole Owo Toje Gbewa Pelu Alajo To Daju / Aminat Abiodun, Iyalode Of Ibadan Is Dead / Traditional Nigerian Wedding.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.