Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,580 members, 7,809,107 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari (676 Views)

I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari / FG Spends N5.8bn On Presidential Jets In Six Months / Ijaw Group Counters Clark, Lists What He Benefited From Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by Koleman(m): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Founder of the Odua Peoples Congress, OPC, Dr.
Fredrick Fasehun yesterday requested the President
Muhammadu Buhari-led Federal Government to pay him
and his organisation the money owed them for the
protection of the nation’s oil pipelines.
Speaking at a quarterly interactive media roundtable
in Lagos, the national chairman of the Unity Party of
Nigeria, UPN, explained that six companies were
given the contract by the Goodluck Jonathan
administration to guard pipelines belonging to the
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC.
Noting that a total of 18,000 personnel were sent to
the field out of which OPC contributed 4,000,
Fasehun lamented that his organisation was not
given a dime before the contract, adding that after
Jonathan’s exit, the contract was terminated with
nothing given to the OPC.
According to him, “We were given the contract on
March 15, 2015 and we deployed youths into the
jungle. They faced insects, snakes and other wild
animals and some of them even died. The
government did not pay us a kobo before or during
the time of the contract which ended on June 15.
“We have asked our lawyers to study the terms of
the contract. An official in the NNPC told me that we
had been paid but I told him that we had not
received a penny. We call the attention of the
powers that be to look into this. The holy books say
that a worker deserves his wage.”
Recounting that Lai Mohammed had alleged that
Jonathan gave the OPC over N2bn as mobilisation
money for the election under the guise of pipeline
protection, Fasehun urged Mohammed, who is now
the Minister of Information and Culture, to withdraw
the statement and correct the wrong impression.
“Someone who is now a minister once told
Nigerians that I collected N2.8bn. Lai Mohammed,
who I call a liar, is now the government’s
mouthpiece and he must correct that impression,”
he stated.
The OPC leader, while noting that Nigerians are yet
to see the change the APC promised during the
electioneering, said Buhari had spent over six
months in office but had failed to impress Nigerians
“Nigerians are angry today. They wanted a change
and cheered when the APC came into power but the
cheer has now become a jeer. Let the government
know that this is not the change Nigerians voted
for,” he added.

www.dailypost.ng/2015/12/23/i-didnt-collect-n2-8bn-from-jonathan-pay-me-my-money-opc-leader-tells-buhari/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:21am On Dec 23, 2015
Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by Brightology2(m): 11:41am On Dec 23, 2015
FCT
Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by mradjoy(m): 11:43am On Dec 23, 2015
Sorry to say, this Man na real Agbaya Mumu where will you get that kind of money? The era of impunity is over man. But you did not vote for APC sir and you wanna collect money that has already been spent by #DasukiGate and co, oga you're in the wrong place asking the wrong person for your money. You better run go Otuoke go collect am before...

2 Likes

Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by Pavore9: 11:51am On Dec 23, 2015
He should pray harder because the present economic weather will not favour such payment.
Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by Lanretoye(m): 11:53am On Dec 23, 2015
Eeyah...so dem pay asari and tompolo,na only you dem no pay.na him be say u be mega maga.
Your money has been dasukised.
Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by Nobody: 11:56am On Dec 23, 2015
4,000 people who worked for 3 months to collect N2.8b?

Chei!
Re: I Didn’t Collect N2.8bn From Jonathan, Pay Me My Money – OPC Leader Tells Buhari by coolebux(m): 11:57am On Dec 23, 2015
Mr man so you have the guts to raise your voice on your slave master, abi?

(1) (Reply)

A Question To All Nigerians With Conscience / Gov. Wike Is A Failure – Olufemi Aduwo / I’m Tired Of People Saying I’ve Not Done Anything In 16 Years – David Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.