Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,373 members, 7,808,302 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? (3529 Views)

Nigerian Women Are Non-citizens / I Like To Join This Forum And Learn The Local Culture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 2:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
I am generally somewhat interested in learning from Nigerians from this site, but have been looked down upon by Africans before.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
That's untrue. Stop giving Nigerians a bad name. It's how you present yourself that will determine the treatment the members using this Forum will accord you. If you behave stüpidly, we would find cause to rebuke you. But if you behave like a normal & sane human, I can assure you that your stay on here would be worthwhile.
By the way, what country are you?

1 Like

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 2:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
American.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2015
@melancholicguy My dear define stupid, because I don't know what stupid and sane mean again in this forum.

@op, nairaland does not care where you are from. There are many people who will not like your opinions and will curse at you for it.
It is indeed a very brash forum and if u want to stick around you have to have balls of steel.

Just be yourself...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by seeun(m): 3:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
Regardless of where ever you are from, the forum plus open to all but it is majorly populated by Nigerians, Thus, you can learn from our cultures politics, entertainment etc.+234 818-1571-367
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 4:18pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:
@melancholicguy My dear define stupid, because I don't know what stupid and sane mean again in this forum.

@op, nairaland does not care where you are from. There are many people who will not like your opinions and will curse at you for it.
It is indeed a very brash forum and if u want to stick around you have to have balls of steel.

Just be yourself...

I'm assuming you are Nigerian?
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:

I'm assuming you are Nigerian?
Yeah, I am
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 4:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

Yeah, I am

Live there, too?
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:

Live there, too?

Yep, I do
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 4:44pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

Yep, I do

Wow. I've never spoken to someone from Nigeria before.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:

Wow. I've never spoken to someone from Nigeria before.

Lol..well, you are in a room filled with them
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

Lol..well, you are in a room filled with them

Lol I wasn't sure if everyone here was one. And are all of the Nigerian girls as pretty as you? wink
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:

Lol I wasn't sure if everyone here was one. And are all of the Nigerian girls as pretty as you? wink

grin grin you bet they r
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 5:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

grin grin you bet they r

LOL, IDK how that could be possible, cutie pie.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:

LOL, IDK how that could be possible, cutie pie.

cheesy ok, find out for yourself
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by jointron34: 5:12pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

cheesy ok, find out for yourself

Do you know a lot of American blacks?
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Lybia: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
coal miner

1 Like

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:
American.
Interesting
I won't give you an insight into how matters are runned here. I want you to see things for yourself and handle them how best you can. In all, just be yourself. Never allow anyone dictate your do's and don'ts except the Forum's general rules, which you're obliged to follow.You're welcome my friend.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:
I advise you go upgrade the version of your brain, if you're finding it difficult to comprehend the meaning of "sane" and "silly", because it's quite obvious that the one enclosed in your think skull is worn-out. Or go consult your dictionary.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 23, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

I advise you go upgrade the version of your brain, if you're finding it difficult to comprehend the meaning of "sane" and "silly", because it's quite obvious that the one enclosed in your think skull is worn-out. Or go consult your dictionary.

Hey hey, I don't understand your anger here.
I was trying to emphasise the way things are in this forum. I didnt insult you so I don't understand these insults.
Well, it only goes to show what I was saying.

Everyone is always angry here.

1 Like

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

Hey hey, I don't understand your anger here.
I was trying to emphasise the way things are in this forum. I didnt insult you so I don't understand these insults.
Well, it only goes to show what I was saying.

Everyone is always angry here.
I'm not angry dear. I simply replied you in the most civil manner I can, and if you're taking that as an "insult" then, so be it.
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Dec 23, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

I'm not angry dear. I simply replied you in the most civil manner I can, and if you're taking that as an "insult" then, so be it.

Well, if someone told you to upgrade your brain cos it's worn out, am sure u wld consider it as an insult.
Well, it's all good!

1 Like

Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

Well, if someone told you to upgrade your brain cos it's worn out, am sure u wld consider it as an insult.
Well, it's all good!
How did you figure that out? I guess you can read minds, yes?
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Dec 23, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

How did you figure that out? I guess you can read minds, yes?

Pls pls...
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

Pls pls...
And Is that a subtle way of backing out?
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 23, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

And Is that a subtle way of backing out?

It isn't really worth it now is it? And I wasn't fighting with you so am not backing out of anything
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

It isn't really worth it now is it? And I wasn't fighting with you so am not backing out of anything
There you go, lady. You just confirmed my earlier assertion of you, having an expired brain, and this display of attitude also shows that you're nothing but a pathetic meat sack. Nonsense!
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 23, 2015
MelancholicGuy:

There you go, lady. You just confirmed my earlier assertion of you, having an expired brain, and this display of attitude also shows that you're nothing but a pathetic meat sack. Nonsense!

You are a sad sad guy. I shld have checked ur profile..
Now I get you
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Dec 23, 2015
BaebieHot:

You are a sad sad guy. I shld have checked ur profile..
Now I get you
Good. So, you just discovered that now? Kudos. Now you know you must tread carefully
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by tpiar: 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2015
jointron34:
I am generally somewhat interested in learning from Nigerians from this site, but have been looked down upon by Africans before.

What are your thoughts on the recent Miss Universe pageant?
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by seunny4lif(m): 4:07pm On Dec 24, 2015
Am from united state of lipsrsealed
Am a foreign person too oooooh grin grin
Re: Are Non-nigerians Looked Down Upon In This Forum? by V0lv0(f): 8:45pm On Dec 25, 2015
Extremely. They are very xenophobic especially to Ghanaians, South Africans and Kenyans. It's really sickening and while I initially first came on this site as a way to get in touch with other African brothers and sisters I have actually gotten more than I bargained for and the extreme hate and nasty comments can make even mother theresa become a terrorist grin grin

Anyways good luck. It can be really draining though. There are some nice people and they tend to be the most "westernized' of the lot

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Ethnic Group Is Considered Strongest In Terms Of Physical Strength? / For The Love Of Greek Mythology. . . . / Why Do Igbo People Still Edo Style Of Dressing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.