Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,034 members, 7,807,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 (59466 Views)

A Message To Nigerians Abroad / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by gistrepublic: 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2015
I received 1.2billion dollars
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by favourlove1: 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
So so stat
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by canalily(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2015
My bros de fu.c.k up! He no even send even $1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by eedrees(m): 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2015
Mo fo o.. Which kain analysis b dis again undecided
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by sansheriff: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
Isokay
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by ekefre4(m): 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
And yahoo boys got 70%
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by omonnakoda: 6:06pm On Dec 23, 2015
Well oil @ 2.2 million barrels a dayX 365 X $40( a barrel) = $32 billion

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 23, 2015
omonnakoda:
Well oil @ 2.2 million barrels a dayX 365 X $40( a barrel) = $32 billion

You have to remove costs and JV portion. It's far less than $32b

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Nobody: 6:11pm On Dec 23, 2015
gistrepublic:
I received 1.2billion dollars
pics or i dnt believe it
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Btruth: 6:13pm On Dec 23, 2015
Demmocrats:
After staying in Nigeria and going abroad, you will find out that for you to succeed in abroad is as ABC since nigeria is like war zone that has given you all the skills to survive.
Exactly. Nigeria is a training ground. Lol cheesy
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by biafranqueen: 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2015
Toeyoursea:
grin

90% of monies brought home by Nigerians in diaspora are sent in physical cash (parallel market exchange )
Yep but ut may start changing since you can easily operate your account from abroad now, and the frequency in which disporians are set up and robbed or kidnapped because of the NEW CHANGE.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Fosobaby: 6:16pm On Dec 23, 2015
Demmocrats:
After staying in Nigeria and going abroad, you will find out that for you to succeed in abroad is as ABC since nigeria is like war zone that has given you all the skills to survive.

True

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2015
Nobody don send me anything. All these my wicked uncle abroad, send me my own share of foreign remittances..

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by omonnakoda: 6:20pm On Dec 23, 2015
Activa:

Not in this context . The assumption is that the money is part of the GDP costs comes into it when you talk are talking of a profit and loss account but in this context of comparison no.No one is talking of the costs of those remitting money to Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by josef1(m): 6:21pm On Dec 23, 2015
grin I can't jst stop laffing... Jst passing by tho
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by omonnakoda: 6:22pm On Dec 23, 2015
Activa:

Not in this context . The assumption is that the money is part of the GDP costs comes into it when you talk are talking of a profit and loss account but in this context of comparison no.No one is talking of the costs of those remitting money to Nigeria . In fact,coincidentally, in another thread within the last 24 hours I have touched on that same subject where I did attribute those costs. This is a related but different issue. We are not discussing the public/government accounts
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by kasasd(m): 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
Demmocrats:

True talk my broda!!!!
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
omonnakoda:
Not in this context . The assumption is that the money is part of the GDP costs comes into it when you talk are talking of a profit and loss account but in this context of comparison no.No one is talking of the costs of those remitting money to Nigeria

What of the JV partners? Have you removed theirs? At least that part doesn't belong to Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Donbrig: 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2015
This is very encouraging to our nation. But I think the govt should do more to encourage Nigerians abroad to come home and create businesses and jobs for Nigerians, to have more effective impact on our economy. Buhari should hurry up the processes to sack Emefiele, his policies are damaging our economy, and it might take more time and task for his successor to clean up his mess if Emefiele is not sacked with immediate effect.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
lmaoo. you funny grin

DashMeYansh:
[size=18pt]I can attest to that, Growing up in a Nigerian household, every month I was always discovering new uncles and Aunts. Western Union had a solid par with my dad and I dreaded the long trips and waits after practice only to be told [b] "Uncle Dapo needs some money for his neighbors brother brother-in-law's cousin wife that just gave birth to twins' :oo

I'm so glad I learnt the spirit of giving, my peer mates are some of the stingiest fvcktards on earth lipsrsealed

Speaking of Giving, Tell Santa Claus all I what for Christmas is a big Booty hoe" grin[/size]
[/b]
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by omonnakoda: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
Activa:

What of the JV partners? Have you removed theirs? At least that part doesn't belong to Nigeria
I have already answered that please try and understand it is not a complex matter. This is not about accounts but GDP they are different issues entirely. One is about a profit and Loss account while the other is economic output. This is Economics/Financial accounting 101. Those people remitting money to Nigeria have costs as well and money is for ever flowing . This issue is about Net economic output not the government accounts
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Toeyoursea(m): 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
I doubt if it will change anytime soon. For example, the bank rate at GTB is 199 as i speak and 259 shocked in the parallel market

biafranqueen:
Yep but ut may start changing since you can easily operate your account from abroad now, and the frequency in which disporians are set up and robbed or kidnapped because of the NEW CHANGE.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Toosure70: 6:27pm On Dec 23, 2015
merry xmas

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by ifdaeg(m): 6:28pm On Dec 23, 2015
Liers. the money our politicians are remitting into their foreign accounts and spending on holidays abroad nobody is writing abouti
it. the world is a global village with enormous biz transactions taking place especialy as it concerns africa and their craze for flamboyant celebration.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures / US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.