Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:42 PM

Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 (59468 Views)

A Message To Nigerians Abroad / Nigeria Immigration Receives 50,000 Passport Booklets, Task Force Sent To Lagos / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Sgwash: 6:30am On Dec 27, 2015
Activa:

You're totally clueless and bereft of sense. You foolishly jumped into a discussion without adding any value. Get lost.
otondo afo nnama
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 27, 2015
Sgwash:

otondo afo nnama

Gibberish from an empty skull.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by Sgwash: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2015
Activa:

Gibberish from an empty skull.
gibberish Cos u don't understand it bast.ard retar.d
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by londoner: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
mikolo80:
as opposed to ppl sending a few hundreds at a time through western union. it's like a broom having more utility than individual broomsticks. so diasporans form association (cooperative or corporation) and invest taking advantage of economies of scale.bulk money can overcome certain infrastructural hurdles easier than solo money

Agreed but those in the diaspora need to direct how those funds are used in a tangible way that they themselves can attest to when they go home. The money sent represents their sweat and hard work so they should not allow those at home to cheapen it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by londoner: 7:12pm On Dec 27, 2015
Donbrig:
This is very encouraging to our nation. But I think the govt should do more to encourage Nigerians abroad to come home and create businesses and jobs for Nigerians, to have more effective impact on our economy. Buhari should hurry up the processes to sack Emefiele, his policies are damaging our economy, and it might take more time and task for his successor to clean up his mess if Emefiele is not sacked with immediate effect.

Nigerians abroad should be encouraged to invest because they will also gain monetarily. We are not here to baby-sit Nigerians or for the gov to hide behind because we tend to pick up the shortfall of a failing or non-existent system.

Anyone who invests should do so with his or her own prospects of profit in return at the front of their mind.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by mikolo80: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
londoner:

Agreed but those in the diaspora need to direct how those funds are used in a tangible way that they themselves can attest to when they go home. The money sent represents their sweat and hard work so they should not allow those at home to cheapen it.
that's what I'm saying. investment instead of consumpťion

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by londoner: 4:51am On Dec 30, 2015
mikolo80:
that's what I'm saying. investment instead of consumpťion

Yes I agree, investment for our gain and not for charity or some phantom sense of guilt. The days of dashing money because some people believe in money trees in the west need to go. Diasporans need return on their investment and to direct funds to areas that they and their children can also benefit from.

We are not simply a source of funds and its about time we realise that.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by mikolo80: 11:54pm On Dec 30, 2015
londoner:

Yes I agree, investment for our gain and not for charity or some phantom sense of guilt. The days of dashing money because some people believe in money trees in the west need to go. Diasporans need return on their investment and to direct funds to areas that they and their children can also benefit from.

We are not simply a source of funds and its about time we realise that.
I don't think we have grasped this
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by mikolo80: 12:01am On Dec 31, 2015
londoner:

they either set up businesses by proxy. Buy shares in producing companies. or make small business loans to family members with business plans.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by londoner: 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2016
mikolo80:
I don't think we have grasped this

We haven't but we need to.
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by mikolo80: 3:59am On Jan 05, 2016
londoner:

We haven't but we need to.
what I said
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by macsilver(m): 12:02am On Oct 18, 2016
macsilver:
YahooYahoo boys well done o! This 2016, we go gather chop am mi embarassed

Lol na so I talk am like play. I didn't know some Angels were saying amen to it... Now I have some more things to be grateful for. A small car, a few millions in my account and a house on its way... Winks

Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by SlimHan(f): 6:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
congratulations. i tap into this too. by this time next year i would have testimonies like this oo. Btw, hope yours is not Y.Y things?
macsilver:

Lol na so I talk am like play. I didn't know some Angels were saying amen to it... Now I have some more things to be grateful for. A small car, a few millions in my account and a house on its way... Winks
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by macsilver(m): 12:42am On Oct 19, 2016
SlimHan:
congratulations. i tap into this too. by this time next year i would have testimonies like this oo. Btw, hope yours is not Y.Y things?

Lol what does it matter dear? See eh my sister, the key in life is not just to go to school and collect A Grades and all. That is almost going into oblivion. What matters in life is that you succeed. How you do that is in your hands. If you see a newly completed building, for example, you would admire the building and appreciate the owner for a house well built. You would not even remember to ask where he got the money from.
I'm not a yahoo boy fah, but I'm sha a little hustler. I don't want my children to ask me what I was doing when my mates were hustling.

Footnote:
A yahoo boy is not even a thief yet... Until he is caught. Same goes to armed robbers and pickpockets among others...
U get? wink
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by SlimHan(f): 4:53pm On Oct 19, 2016
of course i do. My brother i'm a female version of a hustler too o and i don't want my children to ask me what i was doing while my mates were hustling(like i asked my parents too) abeg show me the way cry
macsilver:

Lol what does it matter dear? See eh my sister, the key in life is not just to go to school and collect A Grades and all. That is almost going into oblivion. What matters in life is that you succeed. How you do that is in your hands. If you see a newly completed building, for example, you would admire the building and appreciate the owner for a house well built. You would not even remember to ask where he got the money from.
I'm not a yahoo boy fah, but I'm sha a little hustler. I don't want my children to ask me what I was doing when my mates were hustling.

Footnote:
A yahoo boy is not even a thief yet... Until he is caught. Same goes to armed robbers and pickpockets among others...
U get? wink
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by macsilver(m): 8:11am On Oct 26, 2016
SlimHan:
of course i do. My brother i'm a female version of a hustler too o and i don't want my children to ask me what i was doing while my mates were hustling(like i asked my parents too) abeg show me the way cry

Lol ok. where are you based and what are you doing?
Re: Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 by borntosuccess(m): 7:08am On Nov 17, 2016
Demmocrats:
After staying in Nigeria and going abroad, you will find out that for you to succeed in abroad is as ABC since nigeria is like war zone that has given you all the skills to survive.
bombshell

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Maiduguri Lockdown In Pictures / US Embassy Sends Message To Nigerians On Dress Code For Visa Interview / 10 Facts About Nnewi The Nigerian Village With The Most Billionaires

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.