Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,506 members, 7,808,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:08 PM

Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! (1174 Views)

Breaking!! Six More Health Workers Infected With EBOLA!! / Nigerian Doctor Who Treated Victim Infected With Ebola / My Cholesterol Levels Are Too High: I Need Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! by SilverHand: 8:42pm On Jun 09, 2009
Well sincerely speaking I'm not infected with HIV but I know about a guy who got drunk one day at a bar, went away with a couple of girls and had unprotected sexual intercourse.  He tested positive to HIV about 5 months later. Prior to that time he had a test done which was negative. Can someone tell me if there's a relationship between drinking and getting HIV?
Re: Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! by drfranky: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2009
Hi,a truly interesting caption. I unequivocally concur with the title. Alcohol use with other intoxicants like marijuana et al causes sexual inhibitions that could lead to risky or dangerous sexual practices
Re: Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! by Sissy3(f): 10:22pm On Jun 09, 2009
yes there is a relationship between the two because when you are drunk you lose your sense of judgment which results in engaging in risk behaviors including shooting drugs and having unprotected sex with random people or people you know sef but didnt know they are HIV+. at least when you are not drunk you would make a sensible decision as to whether to have unprotected sex or not and with whom.
Re: Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! by ifyalways(f): 3:16am On Jun 10, 2009
Getting high and loosing control is the worst thing that can happen to anyone.
Am sorry abt ur friend though.
Re: Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 10, 2009
i am sorry to say that your friend's stupidity got him/her infected.
i can do a lot of "silly" things when/if i am drunk but having unprotected sex is NOT one of them (i also know when to call it quit).

this is just cheap excuses, as much as alcohol/drugs loosen your inhibitions, you have to have a sense of right and wrong in your head.
you would never see me doing ANY drugs, walk naked in the street, jump in front of a passing car or whatever craziness some people want to blame on acohol/drugs.
if this substance makes you do such dumb act then you shouldnt be drinking/doing drugs.
Re: Because I Got High, I Got Infected With Hiv! by Oxone(m): 8:22pm On Jun 10, 2009
MRbrownJAY:

i am sorry to say that your friend's stupidity got him/her infected.
i can do a lot of "silly" things when/if i am drunk but having unprotected sex is NOT one of them (i also know when to call it quit).

this is just cheap excuses, as much as alcohol/drugs loosen your inhibitions, you have to have a sense of right and wrong in your head.
you would never see me doing ANY drugs, walk naked in the street, jump in front of a passing car or whatever craziness some people want to blame on acohol/drugs.
if this substance makes you do such dumb act then you shouldnt be drinking/doing drugs.

gbam!!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

What Is Alum / Do You Use Water Or Toilet Paper For ""you Know What"" ? / Doctors In The House Please Help Seun (founder NL)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.