Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,878 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? (3099 Views)

Best Times To Get Your Prayers Accepted / Gay-friendly Mosque: Islamically Accepted? / A Christian Friend Has Just Accepted Islam, Help Make Her Strong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by justnaby: 11:54pm On Jun 09, 2009
Salam,

The famous worshipper Ibrahim ibn Ibrahim was asked , why is it that we make du`a and yet they are not responded to? He replied,

-Because you know Allah yet you do not obey him.

-And you know the prophet, yet you do not follow his sunnah.

-And you know the Quran, yet you do not act on it.

-And you eat from the blessings of Allah, yet you do not express gratitude for it.

-And you know paradise, yet you do not strive for it.

-And you know the fire of hell, yet you do not run away from it.

-And you know shaytan , but you do not fight against him, instead you obey him.

-And you know death, but you do not prepare yourselves for it.

-And you bury the dead, but do not learn a lesson from it.

-And you have left your faults and instead busy yourselves with fault of others.

Ref.
Du`a the weapon of the believer.
Pg. 166
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by Lagosboy: 8:44pm On Jun 10, 2009
Very true indeed and words of wisdom from a noble personality.

Muslims who also make dua should also bare in mind that when you make a dua and your a striving muslim and you feel your dua is not been accepted. Dua are accepted in three ways
1. The dua answered instantly
2. The dua is used to block unforseen calamities the muslim doesnt even know about
3. The dua is preserved for some great reards in paradise.

Also sometimes the delay in dua is termed by scholars as the lowest form of expiation of sins. (Inshallah when i have some more free time i will write on the subject of forgiveness and expiation of sins).

The muslim should never give up on dua and like Allah said in Surah a'raf " ud'u rabbahu khawfan wa tam'an" Call on your lord in fear and hope.

Surah baqara from vs 154- 157 , istainu bi sabri wa salah, innallah ma'a sabirin. . . . Seek prayer in patience and perseverance.

Dua is the sole weapon and sword of a believer and we should all hold on to it. It opens doors that seems to be close and Allah loves a slave that totally relies on him for everything by making dua always. May Allah forgive our sins, expiate them and may He accept our duas.
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 10, 2009
Thanx to thread starter for the informative post. May Allah cause whatever we learn from NL to be for us and not against us on Judgement Day. Amin.
Lagosboy, please by what means are dua's used to block unforseen calamities from a muslim?
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by justnaby: 8:17pm On Jun 12, 2009
Jazakallah khair, lagos boy. @ fellis, look for a book 'du'a, the weapon of the believer' by Abu ammar yasir Qadhi.
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by Lagosboy: 12:13pm On Jun 18, 2009
fellis:

Thanx to thread starter for the informative post. May Allah cause whatever we learn from NL to be for us and not against us on Judgement Day. Amin.
Lagosboy, please by what means are dua's used to block unforseen calamities from a muslim?

Sorry bro came back to the thread and saw this question

Ahmad records that Abu Sa'id reported that the Prophet, peace be upon him, said, "Any Muslim who makes a supplication containing nothing that is sinful and nothing that involves breaking ties of blood relationships, will be given for it by Allah one of these three things: He may accept his request, or assign its reward for him in the next world, or turn away from him an equivalent amount of evil." Those who heard it said, "We would, then, make many supplications." The Prophet, peace be upon him, replied, "Allah is more than ready to answer what you ask."

The whole point is it is only Allah that sees the future and if there is an impending misfortune your dua might be answered to block that misfortune in an equal measure.

Sins are also something that prevents speedy istijaba, we all commit sins daily and me myself i feel frustrated sometimes at the amount of my sins everyday but a slave has to avoid sins and seek forgiveness constantly. May Allah forgive us and expiate our sins. ( inshallah when i get some free time i will write on the topic of expiation of sins as different to forgiveness of sins)

Wallahu a'lam
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by ronkeenuf(f): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2009
Allah is the most merciful, inspite of everything He is ever merciful. Even when our prayers are not answered, Allah always wants the best for us. Sometimes its to test and develop our patience. Allah said repeatedly in the Quran that patience and peceverance is best for us and it is only possible for those that are low in spirit, i.e. in the presence of their Lord. Whenever misfortunes befall me, I always remind myself that it definitely aint as bad as Ayubs(Job) and he remained faithful to God all the way. May Allah always meet us at our points of need, I pray He makes it easy for us. Salamalaykun
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by Lagosboy: 1:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
@Ronkenuf

Jazakallah sista

The story of Ayub AS exemplifies or should i say eptiomises perseverance.

Allah told the angels that there is a slave of his on earth that will always be upright no matter the circumstance and shaiytan begged to test Ayyub. Despite all his travils he never waivered and beleieve it or not he never asked God why did he afflcit him with the illness , interestingly he also never supplicated for the ailment to go . When it became really un bearable he still did not supplicate but he made dhikr (Yes there is adifference between dhikr and dua , it is a subject for another day inshallah i will like to write about). Ayyub said ". . . Inni masaniyyah Durru wa anta arhamo Raheemeen" Uncomfortablity has afflicted me and you are the best of those who show mercy" .

The level and language in which the prophets communicated and talked to Allah is amazing. May the peace of Allah be upon them all.

May Allah accepts our duas and forgive us our sins
Re: Why Are Du`as Not Accepted? by Nobody: 2:48am On Jun 23, 2009
Bro.
How.
Thanks for all your replies, I am grateful. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

An Important Notice To The Muslim Ummah / Why Do Muslim Beggars Collect "Infidels" Money / Why Giving out Gifts Is Important In Sunnah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.