Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

_skill Acquisition, Entrepreneurship Skill & Ond Certificate A Must! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / _skill Acquisition, Entrepreneurship Skill & Ond Certificate A Must! (701 Views)

OYO,EDO STATE TO WITNESS ENTREPRENEURSHIP SKILL DEVELOPMENT / Is It Possible For OND Holder To Earn Upto 80k Per Month? / Skill Acquisition/entrepreneurship Is Not A Guarantee For Making Money! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

_skill Acquisition, Entrepreneurship Skill & Ond Certificate A Must! by kenny1st(m): 3:35pm On Dec 24, 2015
I desire to open this thread to enlighten and widen the knowledge of young african ,especially Nigerians to the realities of our today's society; many who seek white collar jobs that are fast becoming like a diamond hunt. I am writing this based on my personal experience and situations of other people around me that I have learnt from. This piece is not for the youngs alone but parents can also find this imperative to benefit their kids.

In this current age, it is not appropriate to encourage a child to embrace just 'one way traffic education system' in achieving their dreams this used to be the norm in the time of our fathers and it was working well for them; days when a university is like a king in the family and like a prince in the home town, days when lot of lucrative jobs are waiting for a graduate to make a choice from, days when employers queue in universities for fresh graduates, days when graduate are automatically employed with official apartments and vehicle.Those born in the mid 80s and 90s may find these as mere exaggeration.

Waking up to the reality of our own time, things are no longer the same and this is the reason we the youth of nowadays need to change our focus and orientation, intact, have a believe that being a university graduate doesn't guarantee your success in life . university education is good and unavoidable but in between we need to look inward if we must balance our career and shun looming poverty after graduation from the university.

Entrepreneurship/skill acquisition is no doubt number one way out of poverty and un employment, look inward ponder on your in born talents, think of those things you are passionate about and find means of turning it to a business that can bring you Good return in terms of money and benefits. There are career counsellors scatter erywhere, look for one that can help you polish your talent or get an approachable mentor. Now this area I want to talk about is key; Its not possible that all of will be wizkid or 2face and all of us can't be Genevieve or basketmouth, this is why some of us need to learn a skill. I remember that time, after my Ond when I was learning office machines repairs from some one who hardly complete his secondary school, this man I called my oga then could hardly express himself in English yet he was comfortable and had basic properties a man can think of. Some youths see themselves being too low to go and learn a particular work that will benefit their lives. Being a graduate or having more higher certificates do not mean you cant still learn a skill work. THIS IS A REALITY OF OUR TIME.

I will also like to encourage some of us who are yet to enter into university to try and earn Ond certificate before proceeding into the university. If we are conversant with Nigerian labour market today, the major employer of labour prefer to engage the Ond graduates because of the lesser salary, they believe that a full graduate is costly to engage. As a graduate who has Ond background, you can accept offer for Ond and later you can begin to rise to a higher level in same organisation or switch for a better job later. I think this method is better of rather than endless waiting for a job that match your university qualification.

(1) (Reply)

Professional Qualification And Career Prospects – Professional Bodies In Nig. / Internet Service Provider Company 2016 Graduate Recruitment In Lekki Lagos State / A Vacancy Position For A Lady

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.