Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,378 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria (40989 Views)

. / Buyers Of Plantain In Port Harcourt / Tomato Glut Hits Katsina Markets As Price Drop To N300 From N5, 000 Per Basket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by jossytech(m): 7:40am On Jan 07, 2016
Until you check it, i know u will know what i have is of good standard unless u only have few people u intend to help

Lesgupnigeria:

Not all plantain variety are useful to the flour companies we sell to.
They demand specific and peculiar characteristic quality in the plantain they purchase for quality flour

1 Like

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:00am On Jan 08, 2016
jossytech:

Until you check it, i know u will know what i have is of good standard unless u only have few people u intend to help

lets talk better;whatsap08164628081
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Baruwadele: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2016
May God continue to bless you Mr lesgup for the good work and help you are rendering on this forum.only God can pay you.Good God bless you and your family.
I Will be buying another 4000 suckers from your farm,those ones are doing great.
Will Whatsapp you now to discuss more.
Thanks
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:09am On Jan 10, 2016
Baruwadele:
May God continue to bless you Mr lesgup for the good work and help you are rendering on this forum.only God can pay you.Good God bless you and your family.
I Will be buying another 4000 suckers from your farm,those ones are doing great.
Will Whatsapp you now to discuss more.
Thanks
ok.thanks
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:08am On Jan 11, 2016
Knowledge is money....The more you get,the more money you make.
Get empowered...register for free agribusiness coaching...the making of millionaires through agribusiness.

www.nairaland.com/2817117/register-free-lifetime-agribusiness-coaching
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:20am On Jan 14, 2016
Do plantain.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by loluadeoye: 9:04am On Jan 14, 2016
hello everyone, I'm sourcing for where i can get a weaner piglets or a new born calf around lagos or ogun state...contact me on 08066871290 ,whatsapp 09051060487 asap
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:14pm On Jan 14, 2016
loluadeoye:
hello everyone, I'm sourcing for where i can get a weaner piglets or a new born calf around lagos or ogun state...contact me on 08066871290 ,whatsapp 09051060487 asap
we have some pig farmers on this agric section that can be of help.i will advise you post it on their thread for good visibility.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by RedGarlic: 9:37am On Jan 15, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.
Can i see the plantain finger to be able to determine the variety you have that have the characteristics quality that's needed?

Sorry for the delay.. Here is what u requested

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:11am On Jan 16, 2016
RedGarlic:

Sorry for the delay.. Here is what u requested
Ok.still have my doubts but chat me up on whatsapp 08164628081.
I will offer some help to you.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:42pm On Jan 16, 2016
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by RedGarlic: 5:11pm On Jan 16, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Ok.still have my doubts but chat me up on whatsapp 08164628081.
I will offer some help to you.

Thanks bro.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:12am On Jan 17, 2016
RedGarlic:

Thanks bro.
you are welcome.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:06pm On Jan 17, 2016
RedGarlic:

Thanks bro.
You are welcome
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2016
Get knowledge....gain wealth. Plantain business is the best. Do it.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by RedGarlic: 4:44am On Jan 19, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
Get knowledge....gain wealth. Plantain business is the best. Do it.

Bro, can u kindly reply my whatsapp msg..
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2016
RedGarlic:

What's your phone number?
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:22am On Jan 20, 2016
RedGarlic:

am yet to see your message
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:12am On Jan 22, 2016
Selling skill is very important in farming business -your ability to connect with the upend buyers about your produce.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by chrisslee: 7:24am On Jan 22, 2016
Research a list of best buyers online in Nigeria (check online directory sites), send your plantain image with photos to them and get a quote. By this way you can find the best.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:02pm On Jan 22, 2016
chrisslee:
Research a list of best buyers online in Nigeria (check online directory sites), send your plantain image with photos to them and get a quote. By this way you can find the best.
A nice idea but most good buyers are not online except if you want to sell to final consumers by making use of ecommerce platforms but the question is when are you going to sell all your plantains especially when you have truckload of them and you know time is not on your side and also at what price will they buy it?
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by BELEXYFARMS(m): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:
Do plantain.

Plz what is the estimated start-up capital to cultivate 1 acre of land with plantain. Starting frm purchasing the suckers and land clearing till the first harvest.
(2) how many suckers will i be able to have on an acre?

1 Like

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:14am On Jan 23, 2016
BELEXYFARMS:

Plz what is the estimated start-up capital to cultivate 1 acre of land with plantain. Starting frm purchasing the suckers and land clearing till the first harvest.
(2) how many suckers will i be able to have on an acre?
Cost of production varies from location to location.
You will need 1000 suckers on an acre at 2m by 2m spacing.
Where is the farmland located?

1 Like

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by tunapawizzy: 4:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
Lesgupnigeria:

Cost of production varies from location to location.
You will need 1000 suckers on an acre at 2m by 2m spacing.
Where is the farmland located?
M quite interested in ur response to his question...some of us need to know if we have the means to do this...take for example a farm at papalanto Ogun state.

1 Like

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:33pm On Jan 24, 2016
tunapawizzy:

M quite interested in ur response to his question...some of us need to know if we have the means to do this...take for example a farm at papalanto Ogun state.
excluding land,you can budget 450k per acre.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:44am On Jan 25, 2016
Do plantain.

Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 3:22pm On Jan 25, 2016
Tough situation never last,tough people do....with numerous challenges in farming business, we are still going stronger and better.
Do agric...it pays
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by smyles6(m): 7:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
lafakale:
lesgupnigeria, I have read your other posts on plantain. It is interesting to know that something worthwile is happening here. I have been pregnant with idea of going back to my father's land to start farming after I have swore I won't till land before I eat again in life. I was contemplating to cultivate plantain and cassava. Luckily I stumble on this thread. My land is located at Igbo-Iga inbetween Sunwa and Ijaka-Isale in Yewa North, Ogun State. As that place is closer to Owode-Ketu and Igbogila you mentioned are being ravaged by disease, what is the risk of bunchies disease in my location? What advice you have for me on the marketability of both plantain and cassava from that zone? Can you deliver your improved suckers at discount when buying in bulk to my location. I've had more than 20 years of farming experience though.
Sir pls how much does an acre of land cost in your area?
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
smyles6:
Sir pls how much does an acre of land cost in your area?
a good fertile land with acessible road starts from 80k per acre.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by explorer2: 5:33pm On Jan 26, 2016
Thanks for this post lesgup. I am a beginner and am starting with 1 plot of land. I want to know how many suckers will be enough for a plot and how much it will take u to deliver such quantity of your special specie to bayelsa state thanks. Pls respond.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:51pm On Jan 26, 2016
explorer2:
Thanks for this post lesgup. I am a beginner and am starting with 1 plot of land. I want to know how many suckers will be enough for a plot and how much it will take u to deliver such quantity of your special specie to bayelsa state thanks. Pls respond.
you will need about 150 suckers.
1 plot of land is small to start a profitable plantain business.
Re: How To Sell Plantain In Profitable Markets In Nigeria by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:45am On Jan 27, 2016
Consultation is absolutely free. Lets help you get started on a right profitable note.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

John Godson's Pilgrim Ranch Loses N15m As Goats & Dogs Were Poisoned In Abia / GB Foods Tomato: Tinubu Inaugurates ‘Africa’s Largest’ Tomato Processing Factory / Cocoa Farmers Make More Money On Weaker Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.