Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers (5455 Views)

Saraki Faults EFCC On Clearance Of CCT Chairman / #dasukigate: EFCC On The Trail Of Two Fleeing PDP Chieftains / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by TayoD(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2006
Here is a video link showing EFCC in action apprehending some 419ers. I feel ashamed that they were even attacked by other citizens who should rejoice at such good works:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fLn86Q4wSM
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Mariory(m): 5:11pm On Oct 23, 2006
lol lol lol
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by shockreaction(m): 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2006
That's rather old.

Anyway, it's NetXpress at 5th Avenue, Festac. Been there a few times.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by birdman(m): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2006
"we may very well be attaKKed" grin
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 23, 2006
"any white person stupid enough to be bamboozled by a fucking nigger deserves it"

cry That was someone's response on there.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Odeku(m): 7:54pm On Oct 23, 2006
Donzman:

"any white person stupid enough to be bamboozled by a fucking nigger deserves it"

cry That was someone's response on there.

Typical ignorance, will it be Okay if indeed a black person is dealt the same card? crime is a crime regardless if you white or black
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by ell77(f): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2006
Oh yeah I just posted about this, what made me laugh was the white man saying 'don't shoot'. Meanwhile if there was no camera he would be agreeing, anyway I guess there were innocent bystanders.

But why were people gathered around? I thought it was just a case of 'cinema tonite', but the man was saying they have an invested interest in the fraudsters as they bring money to the area. But how? I am jus' curious.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by naija4life(f): 9:49pm On Oct 23, 2006
Guess the guys werent smart enough or EFCC needed to show off that yes they're doing their job.

In any case, life goes on.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Amobi1(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2006
you guys stupid. exactly wat killing naija. you know for sure they have to do it from a cafeteria so no one can figure thier IP address. secondly this guys are kiling nigeria image. do u know how many people that r willing to invest in naija;provide jos. but no. this bastards are making millions while the masses are suffering!!!
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by kimba(m): 2:09am On Oct 24, 2006
nice video,
good job,

but whoever was shouting "just fire, just fire" as the EFCC ppl were leaving the cafe, that man deserves to be thrown to jail. "Just fire" at innocent people? or fire at who? animals?

Nothing was said about the cybercafe owner, manager, administrator or whoever owned the cafe.

on the other hand, while the EFCC is telling us they are doing their job, who is responsible for checking on their excesses, the wrong-doings of the EFCC itself and its staff. Nobody. In cases where they take the law into their own hands, who are the hapless Nigerians to complain to? Nobody.

And why is it that everybody in Baba Obas' bad book suddenly gets pursued by the EFCC? Nobody can answer that question either.

Anyway, na nija we dey.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Rams(m): 2:48am On Oct 24, 2006
I saw this video a while back and I really commend the EFCC. News and images like this show that we are trying really hard to fight that 419 image.

Odeku:

Typical ignorance, will it be Okay if indeed a black person is dealt the same card? crime is a crime regardless if you white or black
When you come across racist quotes like that, please click the 'mark as spam' link. If enough people do that, it gets deleted. It's not much but at least future visitors don't have to see it.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by mrmetoo(m): 3:14am On Oct 24, 2006
@rudeboy
EFCC is coming for you

@kimba
all that EFCC is going after OBJ's enemies is getting old. Even the world bank commends them for their effort esp. Mallam Ribadu. All the governors that are being investigated too are OBJ's enemies right? I know thare a sacred cows without a doubt but something is being done in Nigeria today that I think has never been done.

Lets just support EFCC even if they seem selective as long as who they're going after are bad guys.

As for the stupid white boy that wrote that stupid comment please rudeboy take care of him.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by jideflows(m): 9:28am On Oct 24, 2006
Y THEM NO GO ARREST BABA AND HIM DEPUTY WHEN DEY FOOL THEIRSELVES IN PUBLIC
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by ell77(f): 11:09am On Oct 24, 2006
Amobi 1:

you guys stupid. exactly what killing naija. you know for sure they have to do it from a cafeteria so no one can figure their IP address. secondly this guys are kiling nigeria image. do u know how many people that r willing to invest in naija;provide jos. but no. this bastards are making millions while the masses are suffering!!!
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by ell77(f): 11:18am On Oct 24, 2006
Amobi1 has a point. 419 is destroying Naija's image oveseas both to oyibo and it's own people. It prevents people returning home 'cos they think they won't survive all the corruption and know who to trust. It is nice to know there is such an organisation as EFCC. But I think we also need one for fraud in total i.e. police collecting cash for bribery, anyway it is a step in the right direction. PS the EFCC guy was shouting 'shoot' becuase they were being shot at AND STONED by members of the crowd although I am sure not all of them I'm. That's why I am curious what the fraudsters bring to the area. Don't they just supplement themselves aor, are they modern day robin hood - steal from rich, give to poor. Either way it is not right I guess but atleast I could understand if they were giving to their community. Anyway sha' fraud is everywhere, even here the African's I have met that deal most in fraud are Ghanaian's! lol - and they hav audacity to tell me about Naija fraudsters, jus' goes to show some things may stick to Naija forever if we don't start weeding it out now.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by alexis(m): 2:24pm On Oct 24, 2006
Good work.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by uzomaeze(m): 6:20pm On Oct 24, 2006
good job just that the guy beside me is doing some yahoo yahoo runs can they visit this cafe
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by baby4u2(f): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2006
@rudeboy, funny enough u said whites did it to us so they should go ahead and do it to them. Do you know that this people are so wicked and are no respecter of people they scam. . . them scam anyone and anything. how many of u that have emails will say "i have not received any scam emails before"? Anyway thats was a complete embarrasment. . that video is being showed abroad. and to top it the bystanders have given stereotypes more to talk about. "ALL NIGERIANS ARE THIEFS"
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by rudeboy(m): 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2006
If naijas are THIEFS,and they are AWARE of ithow come the OYINBOOO are falling MUGUs to naijas. grin cool grin
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Amobi1(m): 8:59pm On Oct 24, 2006
rudeboy, you don't still b/c somebody is stealing. All my life in naija i have seen old people cry for this 419 stuffs. well, russia ladies scan america $250 millions within the last couple of yrs.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by waleleader(m): 9:16pm On Oct 24, 2006
@rudeboy, u need to shut up and go to bed.

@topic, i commend the Efcc for what they are doing, BUT i have my concerns?

Can they prove that everyone in that cafe that day is a fraudster? what if an innocent jjc had come to that cafe to check his/her mail that day? what if i was in festac to check my mail? with my british accent, i probably would have been labelled as the ringleader.

Would i have been arrested and shown to the whole world? why did they have to shoot? what if an innocent by-stander got shot?
the guys are unarmed fraudsters not Terrorists, this proves my point that our police is not in control of the people. they only assert thier authority by the gun.

However, i think the idea of broadcasting this event to the world proves that the govt of Nigeria is against fraud. Some idiot recently published that the Nigerian govt supports fraud because a sizeable percentage of our GDP comes from it.
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Amobi1(m): 1:05am On Oct 25, 2006
walelead:

@rudeboy, u need to shut up and go to bed.

@topic, i commend the Efcc for what they are doing, BUT i have my concerns?

Can they prove that everyone in that cafe that day is a fraudster? what if an innocent jjc had come to that cafe to check his/her mail that day? what if i was in festac to check my mail? with my british accent, i probably would have been labelled as the ringleader.

Would i have been arrested and shown to the whole world? why did they have to shoot? what if an innocent by-stander got shot?
the guys are unarmed fraudsters not Terrorists, this proves my point that our police is not in control of the people. they only assert their authority by the gun.

However, i think the idea of broadcasting this event to the world proves that the govt of Nigeria is against fraud. Some idiot recently published that the Nigerian govt supports fraud because a sizeable percentage of our GDP comes from it.

they wanted to shot in the air, b/c of the heavy breaks landing on their cars!
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by JosBoy4Lif(m): 4:25am On Oct 25, 2006
Now tell me why would the people in the crowd be throwing rocks at the EFCC
They are trying to do a good job yet they then dealt with hostile onlookers, not even the Scammers themselves.

I would not be surprised if this 419 thing is community based and helps provide for many people in the community.
I cannot believe that the cafe owner had no knowledge of such scams taking place in his cyrber cafe. NA LIE!
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by rudeboy(m): 7:42am On Oct 25, 2006
guys,let face the FACT, why? this 419ers are nabed, is b/cos they don't have ENOUGH CONNECTIONS.i wish they have enough connections, it would have been ANOTHER STORY,i mean you should UNDERSTAND MORE BETTER the NAIJA we are today,NOTHING GOES 4 NOTHING,even OBASANJO collects BRIBES not to talk of ORDINARY EFCC, grin cheesy wink grin
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by my2cents(m): 11:46am On Oct 25, 2006
LOL,

The Igbo accents on the film are awesome LMAO!!! shocked shocked
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Mariory(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2006
@rudeboy
Seriously you need to stuff something in your noise hole. May the EFCC continue to totally and utterly destroy the lives of criminals. Amen!
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by ajekigbe(m): 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2006
In-fact nothing good as that,let efcc arrest all the 419's in this country so that we can be at rest.We dont know their next victim
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by defor(m): 6:43pm On Oct 25, 2006
La wa ooooooooooo!
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by rudeboy(m): 8:10pm On Oct 25, 2006
MARIORY,a simple question,may be you ''re form a POOR FAMILY,and one of your family member HITTTTTTTT money from the MAGAAAA,to change the poverty in your family,WILL YOU TELL HIM TO RETURN THE MONEY TO THE OWNER TO THE OYINBOOOOOOOOO grin grin grin
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Rubbermaid(f): 11:05pm On Oct 25, 2006
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by kitaun(m): 2:02am On Oct 26, 2006
@Rudeboy, dont worry they'll soon come 4 u since u never have had the mind to make clean money in your life and u have decided to be the mouthpiece or is it 'Voltron' of the yahoo yahoo boys
Re: Efcc On Youtube: Nabs 419 Scammers by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 26, 2006
Yahoo Boys = Happening Boys.

EFCC = Snakes!

Go and pursue all these local Government chairmen, Governors, Senators and co. first. They are the reasons why Yahoo boys have to Yahoo in the first place.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Charged For Operating 16 Foreign Accounts. / Militants Bomb Police Station And Bank In Bauchi ! / "Igbos Hate Me Because Of Biafra War" - Buhari In BBC Hausa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.